Striking Dummies (Opinions?)

NCNER8R
162 posts Member
edited June 2016
Would you like to have some sort of striking dummies or raid practice arena whereby, similar to other MMOs, it allows you to see what teams you can max damage with, check out how team compositions work, measure DPS, and generally waste time?

It would be a good way to keep people playing....

Thoughts? Maybe charge 1 crystal per entrance or free even?

Would you be for this at all?

Replies

• A training area would be cool. I have 50 toons but I actually use about 10 of them because I don't want to waste crystals/energy running 'test' squads
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Exactly. I wouldn't mind picking a phase of the Rancor and being able to hammer at it in an unlimited manner. Many raids go so quickly you do not have time to actually play around. Thanks for the response! I really think people would love this if it were implemented.

I can only imagine using new toons to "test them out". I would probably buy more toons as a result...Just to play with them..
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Would love to do this
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    I see no reason to spend anything to "enter". I think it'd get a lot of use.
  • I would like it but at the same time that is a lot of extra coding that could go into something new.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    There is no money to be generated from this, plus we could verify stealth changes.

I would like to see it, but am not holding my breath.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    I doubt they would let us have "free" play, but would be nice.
  • I would like it but at the same time that is a lot of extra coding that could go into something new.

This would be something new...

+1 from me
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Well. I can see an argument being made for keeping people playing their game. Also, spending a little more in the character shop to try out new characters or improve composition/gear to see how the dummies react. Look what happened when people discovered TEEBO's potency is highly effective in T7 against rancor in Gear 10.

I could spend countless hours "at work" lol doing this. AND I DOUBT I AM ALONE!
  • Yep, I'd like to see an option for training dummies. Would be nice for testing stuff out.

I'd like to see duels as well. Not this AI controlled stuff. Queuing up and fighting a live opponent. 1v1,3v3,5v5 or even some group wars where it's 3 teams vs 3 teams. It wouldn't matter as long as it's all live. Maybe add /dual chat to talk to the person your're fighting. Heck, add some guild wars while they at it. As long as it is player vs player and not player vs AI, I think that would make things very interesting.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Yep, I'd like to see an option for training dummies. Would be nice for testing stuff out.

I'd like to see duels as well. Not this AI controlled stuff. Queuing up and fighting a live opponent. 1v1,3v3,5v5 or even some group wars where it's 3 teams vs 3 teams. It wouldn't matter as long as it's all live. Maybe add /dual chat to talk to the person your're fighting. Heck, add some guild wars while they at it. As long as it is player vs player and not player vs AI, I think that would make things very interesting.

I have a feeling that there might be some tech issues with implementing yourcsuggestion, and they still would have to come up with a way to make a profit from it.
  • Timitock wrote: »
    Yep, I'd like to see an option for training dummies. Would be nice for testing stuff out.

I have a feeling that there might be some tech issues with implementing yourcsuggestion, and they still would have to come up with a way to make a profit from it.

Oh yeah, there would be hiccups. I already have to reset the app every time I go into an arena match just to make sure I don't crash. Anything that would make lagging and server stability worse is not worth adding to this game. Maybe one day.