Time to check reddit

Replies

• It makes me sick to my stomach seeing how many purchases I made and then hearing about this. Like someone said above first with the 7* Vaders and now this. Being an paying, honest player does it even matter anymore? Does it count for anything?
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

@EA_Jesse Thank you, Jesse. You are our consistent pillar of support :smiley:

• EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

Appreciate it Jesse. Best of luck
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

Thanks.

Would it even be possible to remove the exploited gear that's already been equipped?

This looks bad.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Everyone,

Thanks.
    Cheating players keeping their gear? Thats crazy! At least we have Jesse to make us feel safe right guys? He can say anything and it would make us feel safe lol. Get em Jesse, this city needs you.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Thanks Jesse. I look forward to hearing the solution.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    I knew this would happen. #calledit
  • Corrosivescott
    27 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't post on here much at all but see this here and if it's not fixed I will be asking for some kinda composition, or the money back i've spent this month buying raid gear! This is a crushing blow at the advantage and money saved they got over this issue. I've been raiding since the start and haven't got much to show from it. Being a player since back in November and not missing a single day of playing this game... I've never been as upset with it as I am now!
  • Alonorcal
    26 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Everyone,

Thanks.

Thanks for your help Jesse, and thanks OP for sharing my thread. Originally, like the poll that got deleted about the exploit abuse, I wanted the main post to be on this forum as it is the "official" forum for SWGOH, where the most users would be able to see it. I, as well as many others, believe it is imperative that we have the ability to discuss topics such as these to not only share our opinions, but to have a way to communicate our thoughts with the devs as well. (A lot of people find this more effective than having to report an incident to customer support every time, often times receiving generic, unhelpful responses.)

I know a large portion of the community is unhappy, myself included, with the current situation of the exploit, but we know you guys work hard and appreciate your quick response.

Lastly, I think it's time we either added a section specifically for "controversial" topics. Countless users have had their posts or comments deleted for simply wondering what the exploit was, sharing their opinion on it, or attempting to discuss it with other users. I know that it's stated in the ToS that we are not allowed to discuss such exploits, but maybe the rules need to be adjusted. The mods are too trigger happy with deleting topics that many of us would like to discuss, and like I already stated, it is pretty tedious to have to contact customer support every time. We would love to keep using this site, but currently reddit's mods are MUCH more lenient, encouraging productive discussions and even participating in them themselves. Perhaps establishing "community managers" who can discuss with the community as well as with the devs/you could be made possible? (if that is not already a thing; and if it is, not many of us know that it is.)

Please consider this and thank you for your help.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The raw credit advantage alone concerns me the most.. these people could max and star every single character they own while I'm here struggling with ~15 characters I can 7 star if I had the money.

And no..they didn't remove the exp or stars, because they have no way of knowing. If they did an account rollback would be possible. This is also evidenced by CG not knowing how many han shards exploiters had..so they just reverted them to 5*

Literally the only way to deal with this is to suspend them for multiple months or nuke their account. There's 0 chance this is fixed otherwise.
  • [/quote]

Thanks for your help Jesse, and thanks OP for sharing my thread. Originally, like the poll that got deleted about the exploit abuse, I wanted the main post to be on this forum as it is the "official" forum for SWGOH, where the most users would be able to see it. I, as well as many others, believe it is imperative that we have the ability to discuss topics such as these to not only share our opinions, but to have a way to communicate our thoughts with the devs as well. (A lot of people find this more effective than having to report an incident to customer support every time, often times receiving generic, unhelpful responses.)

I know a large portion of the community is unhappy, myself included, with the current situation of the exploit, but we know you guys work hard and appreciate your quick response.

Lastly, I think it's time we either added a section specifically for "controversial" topics. Countless users have had their posts or comments deleted for simply wondering what the exploit was, sharing their opinion on it, or attempting to discuss it with other users. I know that it's stated in the ToS that we are not allowed to discuss such exploits, but maybe the rules need to be adjusted. The mods are too trigger happy with deleting topics that many of us would like to discuss, and like I already stated, it is pretty tedious to have to contact customer support every time. We would love to keep using this site, but currently reddit's mods are MUCH more lenient, encouraging productive discussions and even participating in them themselves. Perhaps establishing "community managers" who can discuss with the community as well as with the devs/you could be made possible? (if that is not already a thing; and if it is, not many of us know that it is.)

Please consider this and thank you for your help. [/quote]

Extremely eloquently put. Well said

• Elyndria wrote: »
    The raw credit advantage alone concerns me the most.. these people could max and star every single character they own while I'm here struggling with ~15 characters I can 7 star if I had the money.

And no..they didn't remove the exp or stars, because they have no way of knowing. If they did an account rollback would be possible. This is also evidenced by CG not knowing how many han shards exploiters had..so they just reverted them to 5*

This is the real issue the credit's and gear. We grind day in and day out and we get nothing like what they are getting for free/no work at all. I've spent lots of crystal's this month alone for gear and extra credit's to upgrade my toons!
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Elyndria wrote: »

This is the real issue the credit's and gear. We grind day in and day out and we get nothing like what they are getting for free/no work at all. I've spent lots of crystal's this month alone for gear and extra credit's to upgrade my toons!

Exactly..I'll be moving on from swgoh if this isn't ACTUALLY addressed. They screwed up way too many times and we just shrugged it off. As someone said on reddit "better games have died for less".

Exactly..I'll be moving on from swgoh if this isn't ACTUALLY addressed. They screwed way up too many times and we just shrugged it off. As someone said on reddit "better games have died for less".

It's sad really, if this wasn't star wars it would've died by now I'm sure. I don't wanna leave I am a big star wars fan, I love working on my toons... but I can't keep paying for stuff that they are just giving away to other's for no work!
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Its pretty simple guys. Ftp. FTP!!!! In other words, STOP SPENDING MONEY ON THIS GAME. The poor programming, massive amount of bugs/glitches, extreme laziness, massive greed, etc, has been going on forever. It's not going to change. Go ftp, and if the game dies before the lowlifes at ea/cg shape up, so be it. It's just a game, and honestly we would all be better off without the headaches, and indivually richer financially.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The larger exploiters (people who received rewards >10 times) should be permanently banned if I'm correct that CG has no way of knowing just how large of an advantage they accrued. If so please show us you care about the balance of the game and make an example out of them. I guarantee you keep way more customers than you lose. :)
  • They feel that 500 crystals to everyone would suffice....hah!
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Stabshimi wrote: »
    They feel that 500 crystals to everyone would suffice....hah!

No it wouldn't... I'm sure many people are treading lightly and the result of @EA_Jesse 's news will determine their future with the game and their money.
  • Bugger. Wish i knew the exploit. I could do with 20 scanners lol
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Bugger. Wish i knew the exploit. I could do with 20 scanners lol

You can't do it anymore. If you had been online and in the right place when it happened, you probably woulda been able to discover it, without even trying.
    The larger exploiters (people who received rewards >10 times) should be permanently banned if I'm correct that CG has no way of knowing just how large of an advantage they accrued. If so please show us you care about the balance of the game and make an example out of them. I guarantee you keep way more customers than you lose. :)

+1
  • Stabshimi wrote: »
    They feel that 500 crystals to everyone would suffice....hah!

I wouldn't be happy with 500 back this time on this issue, either fix it or give me all the crystal's I have spent on raid gear and credit's!
  • PainSaber wrote: »
    Its pretty simple guys. Ftp. FTP!!!! In other words, STOP SPENDING MONEY ON THIS GAME. The poor programming, massive amount of bugs/glitches, extreme laziness, massive greed, etc, has been going on forever. It's not going to change. Go ftp, and if the game dies before the lowlifes at ea/cg shape up, so be it. It's just a game, and honestly we would all be better off without the headaches, and indivually richer financially.
    All of this is completely true. +2 cool points. They have got to do a better job of so many things on this game, it is not even worth it to spend money as it currently stands.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Money talks. No doubt a good portion of the cheaters spend money on the game.

Regardless of whether anything is actually said about the issue on here again, we all know how that goes, the results of how things transpire will be on reddit and tons of people will be asking for refunds.

They really need to do a better job handling this game. I'd hate to see it shut down because of stupidity.
  • I think this explains the new names I see in the top 100 with insanely geared non meta toons. I always wondered why there are random "apologies" in game. I logged in to forums again.... and saw this. Wow. I'm sad for the whales. Jesus.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    This is terrible. The devs (and Yes, the exploiters get some blame too) may have destroyed the game. I can't see how anyone who knows what happened could spend money on this ever again.
  • Sharkybyte wrote: »
    I think this explains the new names I see in the top 100 with insanely geared non meta toons. I always wondered why there are random "apologies" in game. I logged in to forums again.... and saw this. Wow. I'm sad for the whales. Jesus.
    Yeah this is really sad. #savethewhales
    #savethegame. We need you Jesse! Save our streets!
  • So. Yeah. This went well. For my wallet. I think it might be having a baby soon.
  • The cheaters got away with thousands of dollars if you consider they gained a 3+ month advantage over the rest of us. They received a very fair warning when you addressed the guild hopping issue and the glitch during that time. You said that offenders that gained extra rewards with no effort will be banned.

BAN ALL OF THESE ACCOUNTS NOW! If not, then I expect 3 months worth of credits, gear, and crystals. Your whole player base is watching...

@EA_Jesse
This discussion has been closed.