How to fix the old man dodge meta and buff other toons

EscapeArtist51
1675 posts Member
edited June 2016
Well I'm pretty sure everyone's tired of the whole old man dodgeball meta that we find ourselves in. The way to fix that is to make Old Ben and count Dooku's leader abilities give +15 percent evasion chance to Jedi and sith respectively and half to all other allies. Count Dooku however will need a buff after this because he is much weaker than he used to be and his main strength is his leader ability so here's what I propose to you EA and the forum.

Remember that protection update that lowered the damage of all the toons in the game? If you were to give some of those toons the damage you took away, it would greatly increase diversity in the arena. Now current strong meta toons such as, Rey, Qui gon, Rex, Leia and IG-86 do not need more damage and should be excluded from this, however toons like Mace, Barris, Jedi consular, Kylo Ren, resistance pilot, first order officer, storm trooper and snow trooper, they need more damage, and they definitely need the damage they had back.. Not only does this make raids and arenas funner, this would give people a reason to farm more characters, play longer, and maybe even buy more crystals ;). Im sure everyone is tired of facing the same 15 toons, if it's even that many, it's time to show some of the other characters some love again.

Replies

  • Hey you want in the guild you can't be a jihader but you can run a rebel Crew with our guilis club 705shaddowtrappers CSIS Crew ,,,, Harper heavy
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Umm, wait, you are proposing to nerf 2 toons, but only give 1 a corresponding re-buff?

    And you want to have 2 Sith-only Evasion leaders?

    Um, no thanks...
  • I agree about the 15 toons in arena. In the top 50 in arena, 45 of them run some version of Rey, QGJ, Dooku, Phasma, RG.... maybe even that exact team, although STH pops up too. How many toons are in this game? 70, 80+?? I'm not one to call for nerfs but so many toons need just basic damage buffs. That alone would make so many toons more viable
  • Timitock wrote: »
    Umm, wait, you are proposing to nerf 2 toons, but only give 1 a corresponding re-buff?

    And you want to have 2 Sith-only Evasion leaders?

    Um, no thanks...
    Oh wow the crazy guy had gave my thread a bump, yay! I kinda forgot what I was saying but yeah Dodge should be 15 percent for factions and half that for all others!! Darth Maul is poor anyway, no one uses him, he desperately needs an overhaul but that's another topic. I was proposing CG revamp all the toons they screwed over from protection update. And yeah Dooku does need a buff if they nerf his leader ability. Old Ben however would not because he's still solid. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting 10 percent more on his basic though!

  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    Umm, wait, you are proposing to nerf 2 toons, but only give 1 a corresponding re-buff?

    And you want to have 2 Sith-only Evasion leaders?

    Um, no thanks...
    Oh wow the crazy guy had gave my thread a bump, yay! I kinda forgot what I was saying but yeah Dodge should be 15 percent for factions and half that for all others!! Darth Maul is poor anyway, no one uses him, he desperately needs an overhaul but that's another topic. I was proposing CG revamp all the toons they screwed over from protection update. And yeah Dooku does need a buff if they nerf his leader ability. Old Ben however would not because he's still solid. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting 10 percent more on his basic though!

    Your bias is showing...
  • Timitock wrote: »
    Timitock wrote: »
    Umm, wait, you are proposing to nerf 2 toons, but only give 1 a corresponding re-buff?

    And you want to have 2 Sith-only Evasion leaders?

    Um, no thanks...
    Oh wow the crazy guy had gave my thread a bump, yay! I kinda forgot what I was saying but yeah Dodge should be 15 percent for factions and half that for all others!! Darth Maul is poor anyway, no one uses him, he desperately needs an overhaul but that's another topic. I was proposing CG revamp all the toons they screwed over from protection update. And yeah Dooku does need a buff if they nerf his leader ability. Old Ben however would not because he's still solid. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting 10 percent more on his basic though!

    Your bias is showing...
    My bias lol? I run Old Ben lead, Royal guard, Rey, qui gon and Phasma. All gear 10 with qui gon gear 11.. and from to time I sub in a gear 10 Genosian soldier. My Dooku sits at gear 8 trapped behind a furnace and some syringes. I don't have any bias, he is just awful and has super low hp. He's a non factor to anyone.. Old Ben however is the new arena lead king for most ftp
  • scuba
    12142 posts Member
    While I will agree dodge meta is boring, and can be frustrating, IMO characters don't need to be nerfed to fix it. Adjust buff "useless" characters. True I think it was wrong to make the leader apply fully to all but IMO nerfing is not the answer.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    Timitock wrote: »
    Umm, wait, you are proposing to nerf 2 toons, but only give 1 a corresponding re-buff?

    And you want to have 2 Sith-only Evasion leaders?

    Um, no thanks...
    Oh wow the crazy guy had gave my thread a bump, yay! I kinda forgot what I was saying but yeah Dodge should be 15 percent for factions and half that for all others!! Darth Maul is poor anyway, no one uses him, he desperately needs an overhaul but that's another topic. I was proposing CG revamp all the toons they screwed over from protection update. And yeah Dooku does need a buff if they nerf his leader ability. Old Ben however would not because he's still solid. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting 10 percent more on his basic though!

    Your bias is showing...
    My bias lol? I run Old Ben lead, Royal guard, Rey, qui gon and Phasma. All gear 10 with qui gon gear 11.. and from to time I sub in a gear 10 Genosian soldier. My Dooku sits at gear 8 trapped behind a furnace and some syringes. I don't have any bias, he is just awful and has super low hp. He's a non factor to anyone.. Old Ben however is the new arena lead king for most ftp

    Then you are comparing apples and oranges unfairly. Either way, no thank you.

    The less they "fix", the better.

    They fixed guild currency cap... look how well that turned out...
  • Timitock wrote: »
    Timitock wrote: »
    Timitock wrote: »
    Umm, wait, you are proposing to nerf 2 toons, but only give 1 a corresponding re-buff?

    And you want to have 2 Sith-only Evasion leaders?

    Um, no thanks...
    Oh wow the crazy guy had gave my thread a bump, yay! I kinda forgot what I was saying but yeah Dodge should be 15 percent for factions and half that for all others!! Darth Maul is poor anyway, no one uses him, he desperately needs an overhaul but that's another topic. I was proposing CG revamp all the toons they screwed over from protection update. And yeah Dooku does need a buff if they nerf his leader ability. Old Ben however would not because he's still solid. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting 10 percent more on his basic though!

    Your bias is showing...
    My bias lol? I run Old Ben lead, Royal guard, Rey, qui gon and Phasma. All gear 10 with qui gon gear 11.. and from to time I sub in a gear 10 Genosian soldier. My Dooku sits at gear 8 trapped behind a furnace and some syringes. I don't have any bias, he is just awful and has super low hp. He's a non factor to anyone.. Old Ben however is the new arena lead king for most ftp

    Then you are comparing apples and oranges unfairly. Either way, no thank you.

    The less they "fix", the better.

    They fixed guild currency cap... look how well that turned out...
    Uh ok.. It sounds like your Old Ben bias is showing lol, but alright. So you're comfortable with dodge as it is now huh? Your opponent can dodge at a clip of 40 percent and it would just be a normal day at the office, and you like that? To each his own I guess.. But why should Old Ben's leader ability be better than Luminara or Ahsoka's? Luminaras lead is a perfect example of how dodge should be done. I don't care if count Doodoo or old Ben get huge damage buffs, I just don't want every match to be an insane luck based fight. Seriously. We should start to ask ourselves, why does a random Genosian soldier get a 15 percent dodge bonus from having an old man with a light saber next to him?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    I pitched something pretty similar on reddit (and the same buried in the dodge megathread on the forums).

    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4pzr8b/make_synergy_worthwhile/

    I also support giving damage (or some other buff) to underplayed characters, especially those that were mauled by protection like Kylo and Barris. Everything with %hp based skills really had a rough time with protection.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    The dodge mechanic, as a whole, is a joke. Get rid of it entirely, and give these toons a REAL lead.
  • Dodge doesn't need to be fixed. The buffed AI dodge needs to be fixed. It's not even close to 15%. It's closer to 30%. The game is a horrible, unbalanced mess at the moment.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    medetec wrote: »
    I pitched something pretty similar on reddit (and the same buried in the dodge megathread on the forums).

    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4pzr8b/make_synergy_worthwhile/

    I also support giving damage (or some other buff) to underplayed characters, especially those that were mauled by protection like Kylo and Barris. Everything with %hp based skills really had a rough time with protection.
    Yeah I dunno why these threads don't even get a moderate amount of attention :/, it feels like it's pointless to even try sometimes. But this dodge meta is super old, it needs to change, and all the really bad toons like Jedi knight guardian and boba need some serious reworks.
    Timitock wrote: »
    Timitock wrote: »
    Umm, wait, you are proposing to nerf 2 toons, but only give 1 a corresponding re-buff?

    And you want to have 2 Sith-only Evasion leaders?

    Um, no thanks...
    Oh wow the crazy guy had gave my thread a bump, yay! I kinda forgot what I was saying but yeah Dodge should be 15 percent for factions and half that for all others!! Darth Maul is poor anyway, no one uses him, he desperately needs an overhaul but that's another topic. I was proposing CG revamp all the toons they screwed over from protection update. And yeah Dooku does need a buff if they nerf his leader ability. Old Ben however would not because he's still solid. I wouldn't be opposed to him getting 10 percent more on his basic though!

    Your bias is showing...
    How did you manage to get banned? I actually wanted to hear your argument lol. Oh wells, RIP Tim :/.

  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I think it's too late to get rid of the dodge leaders but they could affect the oversaturation by giving new characters and reworked characters buffs from having attacks dodged liked B2 and Anakin
  • CronozNL
    2863 posts Member
    Nearly every toon has a faction specific leader ability except old ben and dooku which have the best non synergy buffs. Ofcourse this needs adjustment and yes your proposition makes perfect sense.
    They did it for QGJ his lead and they do it for 95% of all other leads, why not with the obvious abusive meta we have now?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Surely clone and droid teams are more powerful than dodge teams
  • Surely clone and droid teams are more powerful than dodge teams
    It's not a problem of power. Most of the time whoever is on offense wins. But the problem is, it is so annoying seeing a third of your attacks get dodged. And it's annoying losing a RNG filled dodge fest. Whenever you take skill and strategy out of the equation, it takes out the fun of the game.
  • Surely clone and droid teams are more powerful than dodge teams
    Also even if they were more powerful, they could easily lose because they can't hardly hit anything lol. I take #1 several times a week. Dodge is just a frustrating meta as it stands, and it's turning off a lot of people from the game. Hence the 2,500 mega thread no one ever looks at.
  • H_B0MBZ
    275 posts Member
    Today I used g10 ig88 Aoe against evasion lead and missed all 5 targets. Yes a total of 0 damage. This is infuriating, but at the time I was mostly shocked because this is the first time I have ever seen this.
    So you are telling me I rolled a 1-10 dice 5 times and got 1 on all 5?? That's absurd. What's the point of farming all this hard gear if I have g10 ig88, g10 GS, g10 sthan g9 ig86 and g9 RG
    And I lose to some scrub in arena currently holding rank 10 with g10 dooku, g8 RG g8 STHAN, g8qgj and g8 Rey.

    Cmon I work on my toons and grind so hard but all I see is if you have an evasion lead your successful.

    I will gladly lose to a phasma, rebel, droid etc team but I'm tired of evasion
  • 9r33d0 wrote: »
    The dodge mechanic, as a whole, is a joke. Get rid of it entirely, and give these toons a REAL lead.

    I hope they don't get rid of it. It makes the battles last longer and feel more like a fight. I'm fine with just adding a few counter toons like they have. Eventually they will be f2p I imagine

Sign In or Register to comment.