Time to check reddit

Replies

• C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Lol, I posted 1 word post, saying "unacceptable" and it was censored and removed.

They insta closed my thread that you are referring to. It didn't violate the TOS and was the exact same thing as this thread. Oh and they banned me from starting new threads because of it..
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    It is against TOS to talk about refunds and exploits; possibly or not because of agreements with Android and Apple. That said, lying to get a refund (1) is equal or worse than the ill gotten gear* (2) Apple or Google refund the money, not EA/CG so it doesn't affect them as one may think.

*just as the exploit gives people an unfair advantage that directly impacts our game experience in a negative way so does lying to get a refund but on a larger scale. It may impacts future refunds for ligitimite reasons in a negative manner. Lying for a refund is like stealing cold medicine; sure you need some because you are ill, but by stealing it raises the price for everyone else. Just my $.02

@EA_Jesse , your our only hope; along with @BentWookiee for being as fair as possible to allow our voices to be heard.
  • C3POwn wrote: »
    Lol, I posted 1 word post, saying "unacceptable" and it was censored and removed.

They insta closed my thread that you are referring to. It didn't violate the TOS and was the exact same thing as this thread. Oh and they banned me from starting new threads because of it..

Odd. I wonder what's going through their minds.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Doga

Why would you lie for a refund.
    As a matter of fact it's in the service agreement of Google or Apple what can be refunded and what not. Google or Apple doesn't want to be linked with a game that has many many unsatisfied customers and will agree with your refund.

If I spend over $500,- on this game and Poegate, geargate and guildgate (vader exploit) are all unpunished, why would it be a lie to ask for a refund?

Are your standards that low? Are you being fooled into this new way of gaming where you have to test everything yourself and pay big for it? Game is filled with bugs and the occassional exploit and you defend this debacle?
    I know people asked refunds for less than this. There was a refund frenzy when Clash of Clans messed up their farming structure. Everyone got their money back.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    PainSaber wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    They really dropped the ball with this glitch... it's actually getting sad now. Infinite raid gear for a 90 minute period...
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourgame

This game will be fine as 99% of the whales aren't visiting the forums. Regardless of their decision, i would venture to guess most of the whales that are on forum will continue to play the game. But at the same time i saw a pic of one guy who completed 237 raids and that is just not right.

So you don't think between whale guilds having members on here and reddit, they aren't all ourw most going to find out, either from their guildmates or these two sites?? You are naive

Find out what? Did you read the first page? On the first page in this thread, EA_Jesse said to have patience, because for them to remain with the items was never intended. What happens next in this thread/reddit are threats of leaving the game/asking for refunds. My bad for not reading the first page. What's your excuse?
  • Stand by for a post from Jesse stating that all of the gear has already been removed and those who said differently are just misinformed. It's very easy to discredit when you hold all the evidence.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    That's it for me, have applied for a refund on every dollar I wasted on this game. It's just exploit after exploit with this game, and the honest consumers are getting left further and further behind. EA/CG do not communicate with players, won't fix longstanding problems, and can't control bad elements of the playerbase. A bunch of players just stole 10x what I've paid for over the past 6 months, all in the space of 90 minutes, and it appears they're going largely unpunished. That completely eclipses and invalidates my original outlay, and makes me eligible for a refund in my opinion.
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    huanislu wrote: »
    If this problem isn't solved, I think the game is really over. Because it let the ppl who spend real money on game look like a fool.
    +1

Add about 150 more from our guild

Exploits coupled with glitches and now raid problems........ Not looking worth it
  • I personally don't really care about this issue. I find the multiple in game "accidental" false advertising type issues to be far more egregious, but hey since everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, I'll just say this can easily be fixed by doling out 120M credits per account as restitution.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    They really dropped the ball with this glitch... it's actually getting sad now. Infinite raid gear for a 90 minute period...
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourgame

This game will be fine as 99% of the whales aren't visiting the forums. Regardless of their decision, i would venture to guess most of the whales that are on forum will continue to play the game. But at the same time i saw a pic of one guy who completed 237 raids and that is just not right.

So you don't think between whale guilds having members on here and reddit, they aren't all ourw most going to find out, either from their guildmates or these two sites?? You are naive

Find out what? Did you read the first page? On the first page in this thread, EA_Jesse said to have patience, because for them to remain with the items was never intended. What happens next in this thread/reddit are threats of leaving the game/asking for refunds. My bad for not reading the first page. What's your excuse?

My excuse that they had 3 strikes already.
    If an insurance company fails me 3x in a row I also switch to a different company.

Stealth nerfs and stealth additions is what they are good at. I gave them enough chances to recover their mess and now I'm fed up with it. What's your excuse to continue defending this mess? You haven't reached to point of utter disappointment yet? I'm playing from soft launch november, I'm sure you will get your disappointement soon enough when mistakes like this continue to happen.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    CronozNL wrote: »
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourgame

If an insurance company fails me 3x in a row I also switch to a different company.

Stealth nerfs and stealth additions is what they are good at. I gave them enough chances to recover their mess and now I'm fed up with it. What's your excuse to continue defending this mess? You haven't reached to point of utter disappointment yet? I'm playing from soft launch november, I'm sure you will get your disappointement soon enough when mistakes like this continue to happen.

These types of things are not ones to make me quit, as from my perspective, can't judge what they want to do about exploiters. I understand the anger though.

But things like taking furnaces out of the shipments and replacing them with droid callers and other stuff in rotation might get me to quit eventually. Only reason i stayed is because RNG was on my side and i got couple furnaces from raid rewards. But yea, this change i hated the most. Not to mention the newly created disparity i suspected this will bring between p2p/f2p.
  • You know what's sad, is that they wouldn't have said a thing to us had not the OP not said anything. I thought I wouldn't be still angry after a nights sleep, but I was wrong.

• Super123
    233 posts Member
    I'm eagerly waiting for free crystal, credits, or whatever here. It's nice to free ride an angry mob...............

Nah, just kidding. I think everything will be fine. The mods and the customer service team here is good, responsive, and generous.
  • Super123 wrote: »
    Nah, just kidding. I think everything will be fine. The mods and the customer service team here is good, responsive, and generous.

Sir, its a bit early in the day for drinking
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Super123 wrote: »
    I think everything will be fine. The mods and the customer service team here is good, responsive, and generous.

Not sure if serious, troll, sarcasm, or shill.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Igor08 wrote: »
    Super123 wrote: »
    I think everything will be fine. The mods and the customer service team here is good, responsive, and generous.

Not sure if serious, troll, sarcasm, or shill.

I'm sensing sarcasm...
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    The only acceptable response from a dev in this thread would have been "We have re suspended the accounts while we figure out how to remove equipped gear and spent credits. If we can't figure it out, those accounts will be reset or suspended indefinitely."
  • Super123 wrote: »
    I'm eagerly waiting for free crystal, credits, or whatever here. It's nice to free ride an angry mob...............

What are you.......? I can't figure out what you are trying to be here.

What's true is that this has a become a serious issue in our SWGOH Community and we are all desparately waiting to see how CG/devs are going to resolve this situation.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Opusone wrote: »
    I'm sensing sarcasm...

Never underestimate the shill factor tho, there's plenty on here! Though they're usually (slightly) more subtle than this.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourgame

These types of things are not ones to make me quit, as from my perspective, can't judge what they want to do about exploiters. I understand the anger though.

But things like taking furnaces out of the shipments and replacing them with droid callers and other stuff in rotation might get me to quit eventually. Only reason i stayed is because RNG was on my side and i got couple furnaces from raid rewards. But yea, this change i hated the most. Not to mention the newly created disparity i suspected this will bring between p2p/f2p.

Sorry for quoting myself but i forgot nerfing (since i saw Igor08 in here). If the nerf herders win i am out, first thing. Doesn't matter if it's Rey, Leia, RG or Sun Fac.

• I'm just sitting here watching the hate-train go by...popcorn anyone?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    I'm just sitting here watching the hate-train go by...popcorn anyone?

Nice, I like popcorn
  • Come to think of it, all those extra Han Solo shards would allow them to get General Grevious unlocked also.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    C3POwn wrote: »
    The only acceptable response from a dev in this thread would have been "We have re suspended the accounts while we figure out how to remove equipped gear and spent credits. If we can't figure it out, those accounts will be reset or suspended indefinitely."

Well, EA_jesse allmost gave you the desired response in this thread:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

If EA/CG succeeds in removing the gear/credits/shards like they say they are going to do, it will all work out. Not sure if they are able to do exactly that though, since they previously stated the accounts would be suspended until the gear/credits/shards was removed, wich didnt happen.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

This is going to blow up in the morning. Asking for patience from people who have done nothing but be patient after a continuous series of mistakes, blunders, and missteps is asking for a lot....

Called it lol. The entire Dev team should've been called into work and been in this all night. They needed to pound a bunch of Rip-It and work non stop to find some resolution. I'd venture a guess they arrived at the office at the usual time as if it wasn't a big deal. The player base is out of patience. I respect your intent here @EA_Jesse , but all the good will of this player base was burned up a while ago. The only thing holding this game together is the IP; and history shows even that isn't enough to save games.
  • The only way to "fix" this is : BAN HAMMER to everyone that used this exploit

And then game will go on again
  • Come to think of it, all those extra Han Solo shards would allow them to get General Grevious unlocked also.

Oh goodie, they can group him with jkg and mace and a few other useless toons. Maybe if you have 5 useless toons together their syngery is their uselessness becomes dark matter and explodes destroying the other team.

The only thing shard store is good for is vader shards or you're 2 shards from finishing someone and cannot wait. GG is garbage, the shard store is garbage.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    Everyone,

Thanks.

This is going to blow up in the morning. Asking for patience from people who have done nothing but be patient after a continuous series of mistakes, blunders, and missteps is asking for a lot....

Called it lol. The entire Dev team should've been called into work and been in this all night. They needed to pound some a bunch of Rip-It and work non stop to find some resolution. I'd venture a guess they arrived at the office at the usual time as if it wasn't a big deal. The player base is out of patience. I respect your intent here @EA_Jesse , but all the good will of this player base was burned up a while ago. The only thing holding this game together is the IP; and history shows even that isn't enough to save games.

totally agree. They have had their chance to stop screwing up. They are at the point now that they need to start appeasing their players rather than treating us like were id10ts that cant figure out what they are up to. They wont be in the office for another 3 hours, but i can guarantee you it wont be resolved today.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    For those who still don't quite understand the depth of the issue, I looked at the guild currency logs from swgoh.gg. I seen some players with 125,000 guild currency. That's 80,000 more than I have. If that player received the 500 currency reward from the first, legitimate raid, they would have pressed the button 160 times. That's ridiculous amount of gear, shards (don't forget excess shards for shard shop) and currency.

Now, I don't know the breadth of the glitch, but that is significant for that one player.
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    The dev team is between a rock and a hard place. There're probably thousands of accounts that need to be cleaned and if they have to do it manually it could take forever. And then you have the problem of finding out and reversing all those changes like buying shards, gears, equiping toons, etc it's an increidible amount of work.

If it takes too long it would be the same as banning those accounts since people will naturally move on to other games. And they clearly don't wish to do that or they'd have done so already. They want to keep all those people in so they can keep spending money.

On the other hand if they just let those accounts get back on the game with a poor clean up job many of the users that didn't use the exploit could quit the game.

In any case I can tell you that a teammate on my guild was unsuspended and he claims that CG no only cleaned up the account but that he thinks that they took more than they should.
This discussion has been closed.