Time to check reddit

Replies

• Aldaron wrote: »
    The dev team is between a rock and a hard place. There're probably thousands of accounts that need to be cleaned and if they have to do it manually it could take forever. And then you have the problem of finding out and reversing all those changes like buying shards, gears, equiping toons, etc it's an increidible amount of work.

If it takes too long it would be the same as banning those accounts since people will naturally move on to other games. And they clearly don't wish to do that or they'd have done so already. They want to keep all those people in so they can keep spending money.

On the other hand if they just let those accounts get back on the game with a poor clean up job many of the users that didn't use the exploit could quit the game.

In any case I can tell you that a teammate on my guild was unsuspended and he claims that CG no only cleaned up the account but that he thinks that they took more than they should.

Why not just give compinsation in the form of 5 of each raid gear and 1 million credits
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If enough people ask for refunds I'd think there's a chance Apple and Google would just pull this game. No more GoH.

Hopefully the devs understand the severity of the issue and don't ignore it/come up with a **** "fix" like precrafting and the many other things customers have been complaining about.

We've been ignored and taken advantage of for too long. If you step back and consider some of the things that have gone down over the past 7 months, we've been treated pretty bad. Squeezed for every penny while bugs don't get fixed. The only thing that seems to be done is finding more ways to get money.

That's not the way to do business. The customer needs to come first. Period.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Aldaron wrote: »
    The dev team is between a rock and a hard place. There're probably thousands of accounts that need to be cleaned and if they have to do it manually it could take forever. And then you have the problem of finding out and reversing all those changes like buying shards, gears, equiping toons, etc it's an increidible amount of work.

If it takes too long it would be the same as banning those accounts since people will naturally move on to other games. And they clearly don't wish to do that or they'd have done so already. They want to keep all those people in so they can keep spending money.

On the other hand if they just let those accounts get back on the game with a poor clean up job many of the users that didn't use the exploit could quit the game.

In any case I can tell you that a teammate on my guild was unsuspended and he claims that CG no only cleaned up the account but that he thinks that they took more than they should.

Why not just give compinsation in the form of 5 of each raid gear and 1 million credits

Because those who used the glitch may have done so upwards of 160 times. Does that seem Iike 20 pieces of gear and 1 million credits? And a million!!! That is nothing at all. Can't even go from 75-80 on 1 toon for a million.

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    C3POwn wrote: »
    The only acceptable response from a dev in this thread would have been "We have re suspended the accounts while we figure out how to remove equipped gear and spent credits. If we can't figure it out, those accounts will be reset or suspended indefinitely."

Thought that was the response till I saw all these threads today about them not doing anything. Unbelievable they are still playing and screwing over legit players
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    For those who still don't quite understand the depth of the issue, I looked at the guild currency logs from swgoh.gg. I seen some players with 125,000 guild currency. That's 80,000 more than I have. If that player received the 500 currency reward from the first, legitimate raid, they would have pressed the button 160 times. That's ridiculous amount of gear, shards (don't forget excess shards for shard shop) and currency.

Now, I don't know the breadth of the glitch, but that is significant for that one player.

@Nebulous
    Yeaaa.... let's also not forget that they got to KEEP that 125,000 currency. Man, thats almost enough to gear the entire toon roster to g10 :)
  • Nebulous wrote: »

Because those who used the glitch may have done so upwards of 160 times. Does that seem Iike 20 pieces of gear and 1 million credits? And a million!!! That is nothing at all. Can't even go from 75-80 on 1 toon for a million.

They could reset the accounts to before the exploit and compensate (highly unlikely)

More likely it'll be 500 crystals and the accounts are reset
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    After spending a disgusting sum on this game, power-levelling teams to perform better in raids, and refreshing shipments for furnaces and droid callers, and to hear that a significant number of players got virtually unlimited quantities of this gear for free - it makes me furious. Anyone who's seen my recent posts will know I've been pretty hacked off with the game recently anyway.

Gear gating was the single biggest mistake they ever made with this game, coupled with a raid structure having miserable random rewards and encouraging the opposite of teamwork.

Then:

Pre-crafting: Strike 1
    Guild hopping: Strike 2
    Alt factory: Strike 3
    Pre-crafting "solution" opportunistic cash grab: Strike 4
    Unlimited free raid gear: Strike ****ing 5

And in each case, the exploiters keep their winnings. Why? Because it's too much work to manually edit player accounts, because it would cost money in man-hours and it's too hard. Because they'd have to work on a client update or something that isn't directly generating revenue.

And then the players who've spent thousands for faster progression, paying EA/CG wages, supporting the game, get to look at players in their arena or guild who gained months of advantage for FREE.

After the events of the last few months, the solution to this had better be pretty spectacular.

Usual rule of thumb is 3 strikes, yet you still play. Dont know what the point of your post is other than that no matter what happens, you'll still pay
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »
    For those who still don't quite understand the depth of the issue, I looked at the guild currency logs from swgoh.gg. I seen some players with 125,000 guild currency. That's 80,000 more than I have. If that player received the 500 currency reward from the first, legitimate raid, they would have pressed the button 160 times. That's ridiculous amount of gear, shards (don't forget excess shards for shard shop) and currency.

Now, I don't know the breadth of the glitch, but that is significant for that one player.

@Nebulous
    Yeaaa.... let's also not forget that they got to KEEP that 125,000 currency. Man, thats almost enough to gear the entire toon roster to g10 :)

It also shows something else to me. When I first heard of the bug, I was thinking maybe they pressed 9-10 times. I was even saying 2-3 extra accruals is totally understandable. But now that we have more information and we are seeing a few sources with 150+ retrievals of rewards, it's bonkers. It's so much that is makes me laugh with disbelief.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

Including cheaters? What's the point if you can't tell who is who.

Not true. It is very simple: you can compare raid passed to the days raiding start at all. How long ago raid was released? April. Ok, Those who finishe more that 60 raids - cheaters. Problem solved.
  • QGJesus wrote: »
    again the exploiters profit, simply rollback their accounts to before the exploiting happened and say "deal with it cheaters".

I don't feel like spending cash knowing these guys got a free ride...

+1
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    After spending a disgusting sum on this game, power-levelling teams to perform better in raids, and refreshing shipments for furnaces and droid callers, and to hear that a significant number of players got virtually unlimited quantities of this gear for free - it makes me furious. Anyone who's seen my recent posts will know I've been pretty hacked off with the game recently anyway.

Gear gating was the single biggest mistake they ever made with this game, coupled with a raid structure having miserable random rewards and encouraging the opposite of teamwork.

Then:

And in each case, the exploiters keep their winnings. Why? Because it's too much work to manually edit player accounts, because it would cost money in man-hours and it's too hard. Because they'd have to work on a client update or something that isn't directly generating revenue.

And then the players who've spent thousands for faster progression, paying EA/CG wages, supporting the game, get to look at players in their arena or guild who gained months of advantage for FREE.

After the events of the last few months, the solution to this had better be pretty spectacular.

Usual rule of thumb is 3 strikes, yet you still play. Dont know what the point of your post is other than that no matter what happens, you'll still pay

I think you've mistaken everything else with baseball. People aren't bound by that game's rules everywhere else in life, and typically use discretion to make a decisions based on multiple variables.
  • Stand by for a post from Jesse stating that all of the gear has already been removed and those who said differently are just misinformed. It's very easy to discredit when you hold all the evidence.

I fully expect that this is what they will do. I hope they know that at this point it won't work. Nobody will trust them. The only real solution is to outright ban everybody that exploited.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    In any other game I've played, these accounts would simply be banned.

#SaveTheWhales #SaveTheGame
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Not true. It is very simple: you can compare raid passed to the days raiding start at all. How long ago raid was released? April. Ok, Those who finishe more that 60 raids - cheaters. Problem solved.

this thread is about claiming a reward multiple times, not doing multiple raids. Please dont confuse the 2 because guildhopping/altfactory is a totally different issue.
    edit: or do the claimed rewards show up as finished raids ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member

They could reset the accounts to before the exploit and compensate (highly unlikely)

More likely it'll be 500 crystals and the accounts are reset

Honestly, I don't care to be compensated. I want those who egregiously used the bug to have repercussions.

For Punishments to be effective, they are supposed to be: swift, certain and proportionally severe.

So far we have none of that.
  • Guni
    30 posts Member
    I'm an amerature programmer, but even I know how to back up databases and create basic queries to compare accounts between pre and post raid rewards exploits. This problem should be a very simple fix by comparing guild currency during that time (any gain over 1500 would be a hack), compare Han shards gained (anything over 10, 20 if you account for hoppers) would be a hack, or compare number of raids won (anything over 2 is a hack). Extremely simple, identify accounts that abused the bug and roll them back would be very generous to these players who abused the exploit. This should take professional programmers a few hours max, not days in my opinion.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

this thread is about claiming a reward multiple times, not doing multiple raids. Please dont confuse the 2 because guildhopping/altfactory is a totally different issue.
    edit: or do the claimed rewards show up as finished raids ?

Ok, sorry. But whats the major difference?
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member

every time you claimed a reward it showed up as an extra raid. 60 raid so would be about 1 raid a day since raids started, so hoppers/mercs whatever, would not likely get caught in this net.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    The only solution is to remove the gear. If they can't do that then the accounts need to be reset or removed.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Telaan wrote: »

Then:

I think you've mistaken everything else with baseball. People aren't bound by that game's rules everywhere else in life, and typically use discretion to make a decisions based on multiple variables.

Oh gee yeah thanks, i had mistaken everything else with baseball.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    The only solution is to remove the gear. If they can't do that then the accounts need to be reset or removed.

Yep
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Then:

No problem. I figured.
  • Telaan wrote: »

Baseball IS life! Go Cards.

Then:

No problem. I figured.

Then:

No problem. I figured.

Strike 1
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Baseball IS life! Go Phillies.

Fixed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Then:

No problem. I figured.

Then:

No problem. I figured.

Strike 1

3 strikes in a row is called a turkey
    Save water, drink champagne!
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

This is going to blow up in the morning. Asking for patience from people who have done nothing but be patient after a continuous series of mistakes, blunders, and missteps is asking for a lot....

Called it lol. The entire Dev team should've been called into work and been in this all night. They needed to pound a bunch of Rip-It and work non stop to find some resolution. I'd venture a guess they arrived at the office at the usual time as if it wasn't a big deal. The player base is out of patience. I respect your intent here @EA_Jesse , but all the good will of this player base was burned up a while ago. The only thing holding this game together is the IP; and history shows even that isn't enough to save games.

Rip-Its... military detected lol
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Then:

No problem. I figured.

Then:

No problem. I figured.

Strike 1

That's probably apt for this current situation.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member

Baseball IS life! Go Cards.

That sports team did their sporting well. Their sporting was better than the sporting of the opposite sport team. The other sport team, had they sported more, would have won the sporting event. They will go back and sport more to sport better in the next sport.

Then:

No problem. I figured.

Then:

No problem. I figured.

Strike 1

That's probably apt for this current situation.

That was your 3333rd post, and it was about 3 strikes in a row

Am I the only one that finds that mildly amusing
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
This discussion has been closed.