Time to check reddit

Replies

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    This thread will be kept open as long as possible. Please do not insult others, dont use foul language, or discuss refunds publically. And other things that violate the ToS.

Your feedback is important, but please keep it with the rules. Thanks! :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I am with everyone on this page. However, I know that even if they ban all the exploit abusers, at leat 50% of the paying players will go back to spending. Whats that old saying about the definition of insanity? Ea only cares about what makes them money. Therefore why is anyone surprised when they either dont fix an exploit, or, like precrafting, their fix is to offer an equalization through spending MORE MONEY. They take forever to fix character bugs and glitches, they don't respect the honest players of the game, and in fact USE THE CHEATERS TO FORCE THE HONEST PEOPLE TO SPEND MORE MONEY. When are you people going to realize just how horrible this game is AND STOP SPENDING. Ftp this game. This game needs to die, if for no other reason than maybe disney will refrain from giving another star wars game to ea. Also, go to app store and google, AND 1STAR THIS GAME. Stop being ea's slaves, and stand up for yourselves. You all deserve better. THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. STOP SPENDING
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    J0K3R wrote: »
    This thread will be kept open as long as possible. Please do not insult others, dont use foul language, or discuss refunds publically. And other things that violate the ToS.

Thanks for doing your best to keep this clean.

But speaking of important feedback, any word on the devs being at work today?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    That's another issue to be honest. I will not be buying any other EA games where forums are a thing. This is by far the most restrictive atmosphere as far as complaints are concerned. I have participated in forums for numerous games and I guess I am just not used to some of the oddest things being restricted....

Rather than have a constructive dialog on here, keeping people in the loop, and continually working WITH the player base, people are forced to go elsewhere to discuss the matter. Over time, this type of iron fist censoring breeds distrust.

I understand that the moderators are just doing their jobs. I wouldn't get angry at the pizza delivery guy for a poorly cooked pizza, but come on now.

If anything comes out of this, a more open forum would be nice. Also, all actions taken and to which accounts would be nice as well. Gives us more trust in the matter. Other games actually do list accounts that were disciplined and provide information regarding the actions taken.

Clarity and openness certainly can ease tensions....
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

jesse will give update as soon as he can. As you can only imagine, super busy day at the office for him.

This issue, based on his last response, is high on the list of importance. A little more patience please
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member

Thank you! That's very cool of you guys.
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Slots wrote: »
    I was just warned for using the R word. So be careful. Lol

Likewise....guess freedom of speech doesn't apply to forums. Maybe it's considered anti-EA propaganda...my apologies
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    C3POwn wrote: »
    Taramel wrote: »
    perhaps while they are at it they could un-ban the dozens of posters that got banned for simply bringing this issue of the cheaters not being punished to light. Last time I checked letting the forums know that cheaters were not punished is not against the TOS.

+1

The reason they took away my thread posting ability was "I made a false announcement". LOL look how false it was..

Wow. So sorry to read about this. Unbelievable.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    MrGrips wrote: »

Until they come up with a fix that you don't like then it's head hunting time, am I right?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

jesse will give update as soon as he can. As you can only imagine, super busy day at the office for him.

This issue, based on his last response, is high on the list of importance. A little more patience please

I know Jesse is working very hard on this since he had the decency to post here letting us know that he is aware of our problems, but my, and many others', issues are with the CG devs who've apparently been on vacation for the last week. I can't recall the last time we had a comment from Salera, so it's getting very difficult to continue being patient.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    NCNER8R wrote: »
    That's another issue to be honest. I will not be buying any other EA games where forums are a thing. This is by far the most restrictive atmosphere as far as complaints are concerned. I have participated in forums for numerous games and I guess I am just not used to some of the oddest things being restricted....

Rather than have a constructive dialog on here, keeping people in the loop, and continually working WITH the player base, people are forced to go elsewhere to discuss the matter. Over time, this type of iron fist censoring breeds distrust.

I understand that the moderators are just doing their jobs. I wouldn't get angry at the pizza delivery guy for a poorly cooked pizza, but come on now.

If anything comes out of this, a more open forum would be nice. Also, all actions taken and to which accounts would be nice as well. Gives us more trust in the matter. Other games actually do list accounts that were disciplined and provide information regarding the actions taken.

I've never encountered a forum like this in any arena. I'm a moderator on two forums (one a niche car place with maybe 800 users, the other a football one with over 50,000 registered users) and neither of them have anything like the volume of rules associated with them, despite both being intrinsically linked with large commercial entities.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    I bet more drastic actions will be taken given how this has spiraled out of control.

I bet the 7* vaders might have been reset if people complained loudly enough?
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Until they come up with a fix that you don't like then it's head hunting time, am I right?

Im talking to the mod man not the devs. When did I attack the mods here? When did I give devs any credit either?

Stop trying to start flame. Why are you doing it anyway?
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Phu_Zzy wrote: »
    NCNER8R wrote: »

I've never encountered a forum like this in any arena. I'm a moderator on two forums (one a niche car place with maybe 800 users, the other a football one with over 50,000 registered users) and neither of them have anything like the volume of rules associated with them, despite both being intrinsically linked with large commercial entities.

Yeah. That is my experience with this as well. I was moderated yesterday for mentioning the word "petition" in my discussion post. Nevermind the fact that the petition was to generate excitement for upcoming content or that it was general excitement wishing for future content to be added....

So yeah. Immediately moderated.

I will say. Given the insane restrictions, these moderators are ridiculously good at censoring the vast amount of things they have been told to censor.
  • One thing I hope they DONT do is give all the honest players gear or guild currency as compensation. I want to earn my rewards, I don't want them thrown at me for no reason like the cheaters had. I hope they ban/remove rewards/ move them to a cheater server but I absolutely do not want to be gifted extra gear and stuff as an apology. That's not a good solution
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I haven't read anything but the first page and the last page. I don't have time to read all 12 pages of this, but I did want to chime in with my input since it would seem the Mods and Devs are reading these remarks.

I guess I'm a whale. I wouldn't have thought I'd be one when I started but it's pretty undeniable now. I'm in a guild with a few other whales, some dolphins, and some regular fish.

The biggest whale is already looking at this and saying he's working out if he can get the refund and quit the game. He's not the only one in the guild. I'm considering it as well...but only half-heartedly. More to the point for me, I enjoy the game as a fun time-waster and the guild I play it with...so I'm thinking I just quit spending and become F2P.

Even more to the point: after re-downloading one of the games I played before this one to kill some spare time since the change to GW, the gap in generosity from the Devs to the community became even more apparent.

We all knew the folks in charge here were tight-fisted with each change to credits that they make.

I logged into my old game and found that in the months I was gone my inbox was stuffed with items from the Devs as apologies for various bugs -- everything from server outages to exploits; everything had a consolation apology with the equivalent of credits and gems...so much so that by the time I was finished collecting it all I had about 3.4k in Gems and 7m in credits....the equivalent of, you understand.

Compare that to what the Devs have given us by way of apology for any number of things.

Nothing.

Wait, I'm sorry, 500 gems last week.

This latest episode? Yeah, I can see why the community is furious. They give us nothing but promises to investigate things and then slap offenders on the wrist, while the rest of us seethe.

You can't keep treating good customers this way.

I remembered that when I saw how well the other game treated it's base. It had it's share of problems which was why I left, but I can say this for it: they always gave back when they screwed up. Always. Far more than I can say for the people in charge of this game.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • If history has taught us anything the solution will come in about 2 months and it will be that they allow us to purchase han solo shards.
  • J0K3R wrote: »

It's rather ironic.

A bunch of gamers exploited a bug that violates the game's ToS. According to those ToS, these players can be banned. Despite that explicit warning in the ToS, very little punishment has actually been doled out.

Yet here, when people talk about this exploit and the failure to enforce the game's ToS, the forum ToS are enforced extremely strictly.
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited June 2016

It's rather ironic.

A bunch of gamers exploited a bug that violates the game's ToS. According to those ToS, these players can be banned. Despite that explicit warning in the ToS, very little punishment has actually been doled out.

Yet here, when people talk about this exploit and the failure to enforce the game's ToS, the forum ToS are enforced extremely strictly.

Because the mods don't want to ban people. Bentwookie has said before that they try hard not to ban people and only do so when the posters leave them no choice. I think they're doing a good job by not closing this thread and just deleting certain comments. But I also think that their first move would have been to close the thread if Jesse had not posted already, and I think that's the only reason this is still alive.
    Edit: sorry I read your post wrong and thought you said that very little punishment was being doled out on the forums and that people should be banned. Sorry for confusion
  • Slots
    72 posts Member

Im talking to the mod man not the devs. When did I attack the mods here? When did I give devs any credit either?

Stop trying to start flame. Why are you doing it anyway?

Because half of the posts here are out for blood without the full facts and some want to benefit from the glitch just as much as the people that did the glitch.

The severity differs so much f m player to player.

There will always be people mad about the out come.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Thanks @J0K3R .
    I hope the force is well with EA_Jesse today. What a sith storm.
  • Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    I think the biggest fear is -- because this is what happened with the pre-craft nightmare -- is that we get no response or update from the Devs on what's happening. Even if there's nothing they can do to fix the problem -- and my guess is the amount of people who took advantage of the exploit was pretty small in the grand scheme of things (I can't find anyone in the top 50 of my server who did) -- they at least have to communicate that to us and keep us updated on whatever investigation is ongoing. The silence, for months, about pre-crafting was intolerable. I hope they don't make the same mistake a second time here.
  • My god this thread did blow up overnight.. The game is in serious danger over this glitch. You have to do something Jesse, you're our only hope!!
    #savethewhales
    #savethegame
  • Falcon6669
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    And the mods are at it... removing posts and all sorts of other things. But let's not fix anything that's going on with the game lol
  • Jesse asked for some patience. He can have until tomorrow morning to post what the response will be. Then, I'm requesting my refunds.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Some want to discuss this issue.

A couple seem to want this thread closed. Read the rules, stop breaking them, n no mod will do anything.

Keep this thread going
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Edit: removed. Against ToS
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Why did it tak a Reddit post for Devs to acknowledge they didn't do what they said they were going to do?
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Just suspend those accounts until they've removed all exploited rewards. If removing gear takes too much time, suspending accounts shouldn't.
    Really does sucks for those that thought it was Christmas. I know I would have reaped the rewards.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    The last time a thread got this much attention the devs nerfed the Yoda challenge into oblivion.

#SaveTheWhales #SaveTheGame
This discussion has been closed.