Time to check reddit

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    @NCNER8R Was there an official statement on Reddit that contradicted the plans for accounts that used/abused said exploit? I've just finished reading all 12 pages here and haven't seen anything beyond Jesse's remark in this thread that they're addressing it again/more later today. Seems like a lot of speculation has happened overnight. Unless you are one of the devs, I'm not sure how anyone can know what action has been taken and/or how much was done and is yet still to be done. Let's see what Jesse can say later today. I'm sure it will take some time (especially since it was the weekend), and I'm also sure they're aware of this thread (obviously). :)

I know passions are high on this one (and warranted), but please remember we have to still abide by Forum Guidlines and EA's ToS. Remember, mods are users/players too, and we're all on the same team, all users, mods or not. If threads and replies were closed, it was because someone breached the Forum Guidelines and/or ToS. There's no reason for anyone to be power-trippin' here. We all want to play, and we all want to make sure corrective action for the concerned accounts happens. But we're waiting, hopefully patiently, for further information.

Please discuss, but don't fuel speculation. There's no reason to let this get sour. We all want resolution.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    pip_ninja wrote: »
    If history has taught us anything the solution will come in about 2 months and it will be that they allow us to purchase han solo shards.

I lol'd hard
  • Erik_Aphax
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    One thing I hope they DONT do is give all the honest players gear or guild currency as compensation. I want to earn my rewards, I don't want them thrown at me for no reason like the cheaters had. I hope they ban/remove rewards/ move them to a cheater server but I absolutely do not want to be gifted extra gear and stuff as an apology. That's not a good solution

My tens. That's exactly the way that I feel about this issue.
  • C3POwn wrote: »
    pip_ninja wrote: »
    If history has taught us anything the solution will come in about 2 months and it will be that they allow us to purchase han solo shards.

I lol'd hard

.....2 months? You sure? I am sure Tusken Shaman has been bugged for 3 months now.
  • a_special_nobody
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I haven't read anything but the first page and the last page. I don't have time to read all 12 pages of this, but I did want to chime in with my input since it would seem the Mods and Devs are reading these remarks.

I guess I'm a whale. I wouldn't have thought I'd be one when I started but it's pretty undeniable now. I'm in a guild with a few other whales, some dolphins, and some regular fish.

The biggest whale is already looking at this and saying he's working out if he can get the refund and quit the game. He's not the only one in the guild. I'm considering it as well...but only half-heartedly. More to the point for me, I enjoy the game as a fun time-waster and the guild I play it with...so I'm thinking I just quit spending and become F2P.

Even more to the point: after re-downloading one of the games I played before this one to kill some spare time since the change to GW, the gap in generosity from the Devs to the community became even more apparent.

We all knew the folks in charge here were tight-fisted with each change to credits that they make.

I logged into my old game and found that in the months I was gone my inbox was stuffed with items from the Devs as apologies for various bugs -- everything from server outages to exploits; everything had a consolation apology with the equivalent of credits and gems...so much so that by the time I was finished collecting it all I had about 3.4k in Gems and 7m in credits....the equivalent of, you understand.

Compare that to what the Devs have given us by way of apology for any number of things.

Nothing.

Wait, I'm sorry, 500 gems last week.

This latest episode? Yeah, I can see why the community is furious. They give us nothing but promises to investigate things and then slap offenders on the wrist, while the rest of us seethe.

You can't keep treating good customers this way.

I remembered that when I saw how well the other game treated it's base. It had it's share of problems which was why I left, but I can say this for it: they always gave back when they screwed up. Always. Far more than I can say for the people in charge of this game.

100% agree with everything you've said. I wasn't even aware of the many other glitches like the Vader one. The fact they are allowing this to constantly happen and aren't even fixing it or even telling players in game about it is extremely poor form.

They can spam things that they sell without absolutely no problem but when it comes to major game exploits nothing.

The whole taking pride into you product and putting yourself into your customers situation isn't a thing it seems.
  • Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Why did it tak a Reddit post for Devs to acknowledge they didn't do what they said they were going to do?

Well, if you parse the original statement carefully, it looks like they may have done exactly what they promised: they rolled back 7-star Hans to 5-star Hans, and they removed excess gear. The original statement didn't say that they would remove gear that had already been equipped, and didn't say that activated characters would be de-activated and restored to the prior shard states. Of course the statement was crafted in such a way as to imply that, but I'm not sure it explicitly said so.

I suspect we will see another message telling us that it was only a very small percentage of players who took advantage of this exploit. This may be true, but it's also true that whales are a very small percentage of people who play this game. If the developers want to tell us that those big spenders and their money are thus irrelevant concerns to EA and the health of the game, then I'll be willing to accept that I shouldn't be concerned about the exploiters, either.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    All I can say is that the solution for this better be swift and acceptable.

#SaveTheWhales
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

#SaveTheWhales

And, like, yesterday.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Why did it tak a Reddit post for Devs to acknowledge they didn't do what they said they were going to do?

Well, if you parse the original statement carefully, it looks like they may have done exactly what they promised: they rolled back 7-star Hans to 5-star Hans, and they removed excess gear. The original statement didn't say that they would remove gear that had already been equipped, and didn't say that activated characters would be de-activated and restored to the prior shard states. Of course the statement was crafted in such a way as to imply that, but I'm not sure it explicitly said so.

I suspect we will see another message telling us that it was only a very small percentage of players who took advantage of this exploit. This may be true, but it's also true that whales are a very small percentage of people who play this game. If the developers want to tell us that those big spenders and their money are thus irrelevant concerns to EA and the health of the game, then I'll be willing to accept that I shouldn't be concerned about the exploiters, either.

Exactly, when I'm playing a AAA title and it messes up it's irritating but less of a big deal then when I've paid quite a bit to find myself on an imbalanced playing field. Also it is not the first time and now morals and principals are bring a part of this outburst I'm sure of that as well.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • benacrow wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »

#SaveTheWhales

And, like, yesterday.

+1
  • pac0naut wrote: »

#SaveTheWhales

+1
  • Wow ...just wow.

What should happen to all who have exploited this glitch is that their account should be rolled back to the hour before the glitch was exploitable. Any and all legitimate loss be should be taken as a punishment, and a light one at that cuz they know the deal. They should feel lucky that's all that happened.

But I doubt EA/CG will do that. More then likely a vast ammount of exploiters will get away with it and those of us who haven't exploited will have to live it with a very small bone thrown our way. Similar situations have happened and this seems to always be the result. I, for one, am not going to keep eating this forceed fed bullish*t. I have spent over a grand on this game, nothing compared to a lot of other players, and will be asking for every penny back if a suitable "fix" is not enacted.

-Small punishment & large compensation or large punishment & small compensation or ban them & no compensation-

That being said i know I'm jumping the gun and that they need more time to make things right, but the past has set the bar as to what EA/CG will do next, but I'm hoping I'm wrong ...I just want to play the game, raid with my buddies, and brag about stupid in-game stuff that has no real world value. I pay to be entertained and usually EA/CG does a great job ...but this ...this just ain't cool or fair.

So please EA/CG do what is right and fair. This is a chance for your team to really shine and show us you care about us who have not & will not cheat/hack/exploit.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_LucifersDaddy
    @CG_JohnSalera

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Who on this Reddit thread is a Dev?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Falcon6669 wrote: »
    And the mods are at it... removing posts and all sorts of other things. But let's not fix anything that's going on with the game lol

Posters are breaking the ToS. Mods are doing their unpaid jobs.

Mods also have nothing to do with the actually development of the game.

Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Editing posts because they are saying the "R" word. It's not even cursing, attacking other players verbally or anything. I understand there are rules and people should follow them. But editing all those posts honestly is just gonna fuel the anger of those who spent money on this game. They feel cheated and are expressing their emotions and opinions. I mean it's your game, your forums,yours rules but it's only gonna anger people that spent money more and fuel their reasoning to be compensated.
  • Harmonica wrote: »
    Falcon6669 wrote: »
    And the mods are at it... removing posts and all sorts of other things. But let's not fix anything that's going on with the game lol

Posters are breaking the ToS. Mods are doing their unpaid jobs.

Mods also have nothing to do with the actually development of the game.

I know I was just being a **** lol today has just been shot to hell with all this crap.
  • Aniema wrote: »
    Editing posts because they are saying the "R" word. It's not even cursing, attacking other players verbally or anything. I understand there are rules and people should follow them. But editing all those posts honestly is just gonna fuel the anger of those who spent money on this game. They feel cheated and are expressing their emotions and opinions. I mean it's your game, your forums,yours rules but it's only gonna anger people that spent money more and fuel their reasoning to be compensated.

rword.png
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »

rword.png

Lol very appropriate.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind

rword.png

Hah I thought the "R" word he meant was "Refund".
  • Wow ...just wow.

What should happen to all who have exploited this glitch is that their account should be rolled back to the hour before the glitch was exploitable. Any and all legitimate loss be should be taken as a punishment, and a light one at that cuz they know the deal. They should feel lucky that's all that happened.

But I doubt EA/CG will do that. More then likely a vast ammount of exploiters will get away with it and those of us who haven't exploited will have to live it with a very small bone thrown our way. Similar situations have happened and this seems to always be the result. I, for one, am not going to keep eating this forceed fed bullish*t. I have spent over a grand on this game, nothing compared to a lot of other players, and will be asking for every penny back if a suitable "fix" is not enacted.

-Small punishment & large compensation or large punishment & small compensation or ban them & no compensation-

That being said i know I'm jumping the gun and that they need more time to make things right, but the past has set the bar as to what EA/CG will do next, but I'm hoping I'm wrong ...I just want to play the game, raid with my buddies, and brag about **** in-game stuff that has no real world value. I pay to be entertained and usually EA/CG does a great job ...but this ...this just ain't cool or fair.

So please EA/CG do what is right and fair. This is a chance for your team to really shine and show us you care about us who have not & will not cheat/hack/exploit.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_LucifersDaddy
    @CG_JohnSalera

Great post - however - the solution you provided, rolling back all those who exploited, is SUCH a no-brainer that I believe it's not technically possible. If it were, they would have done that already, or at least announced that's what they were going to do.

What I believe, is that they have no way of accurately finding those who did this AND then removing the gear/credits/shards that were gained as a result. I don't care if the gear/credits/coins have been used or not, they can not be allowed to stay in the game. If that's the case, I'm not sure what they can do to fix this in my eyes.

rword.png

Uh.. Shouldn't that be Thesaurus?
  • This is crazy ...my post was removed and I was warned ...for stating my opinion ...and I broke no ToS ...the censorship in here is so out of whack.

Good job BentTurd!
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Harmonica wrote: »

rword.png

Lol very appropriate.

Not really sure but the ones I seen had "refund" in them for the "r" word lmao
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

Thank you for the official response. As you probably see, this is a issue is a big one. I highly recommend that you delete tos violaters, and not the thread. I for one will be patient, I don't want a refund, I want to play the game. I want the exploiters to lose their ill gotten goods. I don't care if they are punished beyond that. I have to point out the heavy handed way the forums are maintained does not promote a sense of trust.
  • This post is a really good read though
  • How they respond to this will have major impact on this games future. Hit a couple times thinking it did not register is 1 thing, hitting it dozens upon dozens and watching you inventory grow is another.

Here is the big issue here. People, like me, who spent a lot of money because we want to be ahead, or are impatient on farming and wanted now, just had all of our money spent rendered useless because of this. What I spent $20+ a day to get 1 of by refreshing in shipments then another $10 on the item itself someone just got 50 of via exploiting a bug. Han is the least of my concerns. I've spent thousands and spend daily trying to get this gear that these folks stole, were caught, and as of now, permitted to keep. Here is my issue with all this. The only 2 solutions acceptable for me are:

1. They lose all illgotten gains, accounts rolled back to before the glitch, or however it can be done.

2. Those that hit it say 4+ times are banned.

No other solution does anything but tell your paying player base that their money gets them nothing and that cheating is acceptable. I could not buy my way to even come close to 50-100 full raid gears. The cost would be 10's of Thousands more invested. F2P you don't have a prayer of ever catching these people, no offense, but whales can't buy their way to catch up to them, so it is reality. Oh, and NO, I would not consider buying my way to catch up to those who abused an exploit.

While I will not grab torch and pitchfork yet, they are both waiting to be used if necessary. It was the weekend, they are PST. I will give EA/CG a chance to explain and fix this before I rage. Above is simply some of the points and thoughts of mine on it, from a very high spenders perspective.

I will await to hear what they do before I judge.

Looks like we see eye to eye DMS, let's each sharpen our pitchforks and if needed, return to battle like the good ol' days.....

• How they respond to this will have major impact on this games future. Hit a couple times thinking it did not register is 1 thing, hitting it dozens upon dozens and watching you inventory grow is another.

Here is the big issue here. People, like me, who spent a lot of money because we want to be ahead, or are impatient on farming and wanted now, just had all of our money spent rendered useless because of this. What I spent $20+ a day to get 1 of by refreshing in shipments then another $10 on the item itself someone just got 50 of via exploiting a bug. Han is the least of my concerns. I've spent thousands and spend daily trying to get this gear that these folks stole, were caught, and as of now, permitted to keep. Here is my issue with all this. The only 2 solutions acceptable for me are:

1. They lose all illgotten gains, accounts rolled back to before the glitch, or however it can be done.

2. Those that hit it say 4+ times are banned.

No other solution does anything but tell your paying player base that their money gets them nothing and that cheating is acceptable. I could not buy my way to even come close to 50-100 full raid gears. The cost would be 10's of Thousands more invested. F2P you don't have a prayer of ever catching these people, no offense, but whales can't buy their way to catch up to them, so it is reality. Oh, and NO, I would not consider buying my way to catch up to those who abused an exploit.

While I will not grab torch and pitchfork yet, they are both waiting to be used if necessary. It was the weekend, they are PST. I will give EA/CG a chance to explain and fix this before I rage. Above is simply some of the points and thoughts of mine on it, from a very high spenders perspective.

I will await to hear what they do before I judge.

Looks like we see eye to eye DMS, let's each sharpen our pitchforks and if needed, return to battle like the good ol' days.....

Brothers in arms are always brothers in arms no matter where the road takes them ;)
  • I appreciate the uncensored version of Reditt on this matter. I will say though the Mods here are doing their job, even if we do not like the censorship, they are doing what they were asked to do. Let's not hate on them for it. Joker(yes said wrong) Ouchie, Wookie, Shoilin, and the team are doing what they have to as per their job. I for one respect them for it, and even if I hate censorship, I appreciate what they are doing. Let's not hate on them here. They are gamers and Star Wars fans just helping out.

Be clear everyone, the mods are not the issue so don't get caught up losing focus, the mods are told what to censor, they don't do it based upon their opinions. With that said, let's focus our attention on the people who have caused the issues we have....
  • Hangfire wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

Thank you for the official response. As you probably see, this is a issue is a big one. I highly recommend that you delete tos violaters, and not the thread. I for one will be patient, I don't want a refund, I want to play the game. I want the exploiters to lose their ill gotten goods. I don't care if they are punished beyond that. I have to point out the heavy handed way the forums are maintained does not promote a sense of trust.

Hands down the biggest issue this game has ever faced...make or break point and could result in a large number of people leaving.

#mobilegamebrexit

• I appreciate the uncensored version of Reditt on this matter. I will say though the Mods here are doing their job, even if we do not like the censorship, they are doing what they were asked to do. Let's not hate on them for it. Joker(yes said wrong) Ouchie, Wookie, Shoilin, and the team are doing what they have to as per their job. I for one respect them for it, and even if I hate censorship, I appreciate what they are doing. Let's not hate on them here. They are gamers and Star Wars fans just helping out.

Be clear everyone, the mods are not the issue so don't get caught up losing focus, the mods are told what to censor, they don't do it based upon their opinions. With that said, let's focus our attention on the people who have caused the issues we have....
This discussion has been closed.