Time to check reddit

Replies

• Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Falcon6669 wrote: »
    And the mods are at it... removing posts and all sorts of other things. But let's not fix anything that's going on with the game lol

Posters are breaking the ToS. Mods are doing their unpaid jobs.

Mods also have nothing to do with the actually development of the game.

So technically you mentioned them, so your post violates tos. They have deleted posts for doing nothing more.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    I'm not going to get my jimmies rustled before an official response is put out. It is mildly amusing though.

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png
  • I appreciate the uncensored version of Reditt on this matter. I will say though the Mods here are doing their job, even if we do not like the censorship, they are doing what they were asked to do. Let's not hate on them for it. Joker(yes said wrong) Ouchie, Wookie, Shoilin, and the team are doing what they have to as per their job. I for one respect them for it, and even if I hate censorship, I appreciate what they are doing. Let's not hate on them here. They are gamers and Star Wars fans just helping out.

Be clear everyone, the mods are not the issue so don't get caught up losing focus, the mods are told what to censor, they don't do it based upon their opinions. With that said, let's focus our attention on the people who have caused the issues we have....

When mods focus on specific individuals doing the same things other posters are also doing, the mods also become the issue
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    PainSaber wrote: »
    I appreciate the uncensored version of Reditt on this matter. I will say though the Mods here are doing their job, even if we do not like the censorship, they are doing what they were asked to do. Let's not hate on them for it. Joker(yes said wrong) Ouchie, Wookie, Shoilin, and the team are doing what they have to as per their job. I for one respect them for it, and even if I hate censorship, I appreciate what they are doing. Let's not hate on them here. They are gamers and Star Wars fans just helping out.

Be clear everyone, the mods are not the issue so don't get caught up losing focus, the mods are told what to censor, they don't do it based upon their opinions. With that said, let's focus our attention on the people who have caused the issues we have....

When mods focus on specific individuals doing the same things other posters are also doing, the mods also become the issue

Thats for another thread
  • awbattles
    103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Absurd, from the latin "Absurdus" (out of tune), related to "surdus" (deaf). So you'd rather we use a word suggesting something sounds as bad as a deaf person talking than use a word suggesting that an idea is conceived by the opposite of a genius? I tend to find that people who shun the "R" word are more than willing to use the term "****", without realizing the incredible double-standard there. I blame public education for not making people read more Wordsworth.

EDIT: Alright, I guess I stand corrected somewhat. I've never seen that set off a chat filter before.
  • Dro1dm0de wrote: »
    Hangfire wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Everyone,

I am speaking with the game team tonight, but likely won't have a full update until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. It was my understanding that all rewards that were claimed multiple times during the window where there was an error would be removed.

Please be patient as I highly doubt it was intended for all of those rewards to stay with the players. I'll report back tomorrow once I have all the details.

Thanks.

Thank you for the official response. As you probably see, this is a issue is a big one. I highly recommend that you delete tos violaters, and not the thread. I for one will be patient, I don't want a refund, I want to play the game. I want the exploiters to lose their ill gotten goods. I don't care if they are punished beyond that. I have to point out the heavy handed way the forums are maintained does not promote a sense of trust.

Hands down the biggest issue this game has ever faced...make or break point and could result in a large number of people leaving.

#mobilegamebrexit

Lmao. Epic. You sir are a class act. Made me laugh

Let us all break off from the EA ((EU)
  • Hambone
    79 posts Member
    At the risk of failing to over-complicate this (and yes, I hate myself for weighing in already):

1. This was EA/CG's mess up.

2. It's hard to lay any real blame on folks who opened a gift sent to them by developers. Even if it was a mistake.

3. Sure, mistakes happen. With this crew, apparently, a lot.

4. While those who benefited shouldn't be punished, they absolutely should not be able to keep their accidental windfall. That's simple.

In light of all this:

1. If EA/CG are incapable or unwilling to prevent this type of mistake, now several times, and

2. If EA/CG are incapable or unwilling to take appropriate remedial action by removing any and all mistaken windfall, then

3. We would all be fools to continue to trust them with, well, anything. Proceed at your peril.

Perhaps things will be rectified. Perhaps not. Nothing more I can add or do. But I will be watching.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »
    Editing posts because they are saying the "R" word. It's not even cursing, attacking other players verbally or anything. I understand there are rules and people should follow them. But editing all those posts honestly is just gonna fuel the anger of those who spent money on this game. They feel cheated and are expressing their emotions and opinions. I mean it's your game, your forums,yours rules but it's only gonna anger people that spent money more and fuel their reasoning to be compensated.

rword.png

I find this equally insulting. Not from you personally, I know you just googled it for the laugh but saying that R word is a synonym for childish, irrational, dull, senseless, fruitless and ill considered is quite insulting for some of the mentally handicapped.. if you think about it
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    I appreciate the uncensored version of Reditt on this matter. I will say though the Mods here are doing their job, even if we do not like the censorship, they are doing what they were asked to do. Let's not hate on them for it. Joker(yes said wrong) Ouchie, Wookie, Shoilin, and the team are doing what they have to as per their job. I for one respect them for it, and even if I hate censorship, I appreciate what they are doing. Let's not hate on them here. They are gamers and Star Wars fans just helping out.

When the same individuals refuse to change their posting patterns, they will be moderated.
  • Nebulous wrote: »

When the same individuals refuse to change their posting patterns, they will be moderated.

When an individuals posting pattern is exactly the same as 5-10 other posters posting in two pages of posts, and only one person is focused on and edited, thats not moderation, that's discrimination
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member

Exactly....I mentioned the "R" word and my post was edited and I was warned, yet since my post I see multiple other posts mentioning the same word that remain unedited and no action taken against them...I guess the ToS only apply to some of us...
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Nate_Puppy wrote: »

What I believe, is that they have no way of accurately finding those who did this AND then removing the gear/credits/shards that were gained as a result. I don't care if the gear/credits/coins have been used or not, they can not be allowed to stay in the game. If that's the case, I'm not sure what they can do to fix this in my eyes.

They can determine which accounts used the exploit because they will have a larger number of raids completed than what is possible.

Each time an extra reward was claimed, it added another completed raid to the players account
  • Incidently shouldn't this be a megathread by now? Just saying
  • ogFail wrote: »

Exactly....I mentioned the "R" word and my post was edited and I was warned, yet since my post I see multiple other posts mentioning the same word that remain unedited and no action taken against them...I guess the ToS only apply to some of us...

If you see someone breaking the forum rules please use the flag feature to report them, and appropriate actions will be taken.

Keep in mind that discussion of moderation is against the forum rules. Other mods have already said this, but we want to keep this thread open, so please try not to violate any more forum guidelines.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    ogFail wrote: »

If you see someone breaking the forum rules please use the flag feature to report them, and appropriate actions will be taken.

Keep in mind that discussion of moderation is against the forum rules. Other mods have already said this, but we want to keep this thread open, so please try not to violate any more forum guidelines.

Yes please be that person to tell on the rest. The old Italian mobsters called these people snitches.
  • Parad1sel wrote: »
    Asic wrote: »
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

If all undeserved rewards were rolled back the issue would be resolved.

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.

I think banning should only happen when they can't rollback the affected accounts. Yes they exploited the bug, but CG made it really easy for them to do so.

So if the crime is really easy to commit, it's ok? Let's say you go into a small town bank staffed by 2 people. 1 is having a seizure so the other is trying to help them, vault is open. If you decide to walk out with cash, they shouldn't arrest you but instead just take the money back?
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Warmonkey, who moderates the mods when the mods start to misbehave? This is a serious question. Not being sarcastic
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member

Warmonkey, who moderates the mods when the mods start to misbehave? This is a serious question. Not being sarcastic

That's where I step in, monkey behave!
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member

Man, you guys are gonna kill the thread. This issue is bigger than moderation.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @NCNER8R Was there an official statement on Reddit that contradicted the plans for accounts that used/abused said exploit? I've just finished reading all 12 pages here and haven't seen anything beyond Jesse's remark in this thread that they're addressing it again/more later today. Seems like a lot of speculation has happened overnight. Unless you are one of the devs, I'm not sure how anyone can know what action has been taken and/or how much was done and is yet still to be done. Let's see what Jesse can say later today. I'm sure it will take some time (especially since it was the weekend), and I'm also sure they're aware of this thread (obviously). :)

I know passions are high on this one (and warranted), but please remember we have to still abide by Forum Guidlines and EA's ToS. Remember, mods are users/players too, and we're all on the same team, all users, mods or not. If threads and replies were closed, it was because someone breached the Forum Guidelines and/or ToS. There's no reason for anyone to be power-trippin' here. We all want to play, and we all want to make sure corrective action for the concerned accounts happens. But we're waiting, hopefully patiently, for further information.

Please discuss, but don't fuel speculation. There's no reason to let this get sour. We all want resolution.

Hmm. Have you read the Reddit post? It is pretty insightful. And yes, it provides specific responses from at least one official (albeit the response was on here). The rage, I believe, is the response to the issue, which is likely spilling over from the responses to other issues in the past.

I will go ahead and leave the discussion.... Like so many before me......
  • Tocinoelcerdo
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If only the devs were as serious about TOS as the mods (not bashing mods, since they are doing their job).

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7585/the-policy-on-cheaters/p1
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member

@AlwaysABigerFish you're my new favourite person.
    {RotE}
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member

Jesse does
  • PainSaber wrote: »

Worry not young one, I will moderate these mods. Jesse hurry up and respond to us! The city needs you.
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourocean
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Too much overreaction in this thread *yawn*
  • MrGrips wrote: »

Imagine the mass rage quit in goh if this thread was closed for such a small reason.
  • PainSaber wrote: »
    MrGrips wrote: »

Imagine the mass rage quit in goh if this thread was closed for such a small reason.
    I think we'd just start a new one lol.
    #saveourwhales
    #saveourocean
  • UlicQ
    198 posts Member
    We know the Devs can see everyone who used the exploit as we were told they were suspended in the update from the other day. However, what they do next is very important.

I could live with the precrafting, guild hopping, alt farming, and etc because at least those were activities that people were actively having to do, i. e. play the game. But to allow some people to advance so far ahead by just clicking the "accept" button is completely unacceptable. If the resolution isn't equivalent to the exploit I for one will go 100% F2P and request the "R" word from EA.
This discussion has been closed.