*Updated *Game Update - 6/28/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Lets get this straight. A furnace costs more than a scanner?

Where's the logic? They sell the 50 Mk6 dryers for 1400, the orange discs for 300 alone in shipments. You guys are really trying to drive customers away is the only thing i can come up with.
  • Empire and First Orders. Done!
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    2,205?

LAWD, you have got to be kidding me.

Nope. They looked at the amount of characters that needed it, and who needed it. Saw that they were the most used toons, and hiked the price to take advantage. Smart business move, if evil.

There is no reason for the price hike other than they know people need them so much they will buy them.

The furnaces are used on 71 chars but the drop raids from them in raids are okay... CompRed to nubian scanners sinxe the raids we re released in game i only got 1 fully scanner i m now doing heroic raids so i might get one soon..(my next heroic raid is today ) peob get a furnace or a scanner i do need 20 salvage disk .. Won t happen! Lolz
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    2205 crystals for an easier to farm gear is straight out greed, nothing more or less. After the whole mess that just happened you'd think they would extend some goodwill towards the dedicated player base and they do this? I'm getting more and more disappointed in the direction this game is headed. Had a fun run of nearly 7 months now but this is getting ridiculous!
  • Xenith wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    2,205?

LAWD, you have got to be kidding me.

Nope. They looked at the amount of characters that needed it, and who needed it. Saw that they were the most used toons, and hiked the price to take advantage. Smart business move, if evil.

There is no reason for the price hike other than they know people need them so much they will buy them.

The furnaces are used on 71 chars but the drop raids from them in raids are okay... CompRed to nubian scanners sinxe the raids we re released in game i only got 1 fully scanner i m now doing heroic raids so i might get one soon..(my next heroic raid is today ) peob get a furnace or a scanner i do need 20 salvage disk .. Won t happen! Lolz

I rarely even get salavage for scanners. Stuck on 17 for a month now.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    I lol'd hard at the scanner price
  • You have to buy the $20 cyrstals pack to get it. Not even placing #1 in arena will give you enough to get it with the 10. This is just plain wrong...and I think CG knows it. They are trying to see how much greed they can get away with before people stop paying
  • myea8017
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    2200 crystals for a scanner, 1400 for callers and 1650(ish) for furnaces. Arent these all items that drop from the raid and have an equal chamce of dropping. Honestly with refreshes each day its going to be like 3k ir more crystals. Almost everyon invest something can we not get a break. Is 1.4k crystals plus refreshes not enough EA?
  • myea8017
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    2200 crystals for a scanner, 1400 for callers and 1650(ish) for furnaces. Arent these all items that drop from the raid and have an equal chance of dropping. Honestly with refreshes each day its going to be like 3k or more crystals. Almost everyone invest something, can we not get a break? Is 1.4k crystals plus refreshes not enough EA?
  • I wonder if it is the same as the ios event a few months ago. cant remember the character requirements though.
  • You know...this *could* be different in that it could give scout trooper shards, as endor is the first place we see them. Or it could just be ewok shards along with the release of wicket and/or Logray. I'm excited about this guys
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Ovechkin08
    76 posts
    edited June 2016
    Agreed. Furnaces were 1650. Callers being at 1400 seemed reasonable (insofar as spending that much for gear is ever reasonable) because they require less non raid salvage than furnaces and the same amount of raid salvage.

Scanners, like callers, have a fairly easy non raid component. So why should they be more expensive than Furnaces, which require 70 purples in addition to the raid salvage?

As far as relative value goes, I understand the free market argument that since Scanners are far more in need a lot of people will likely pay the 2200 (plus ungodly amounts of money in refreshes for the opportunity to spend 2200 crystals), but just because some people will pay that price, does that mean they should be that price?

I think EA/CG sent a good message to the people who chose to exploit the game recently. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. The people who exploited hundreds of times did not get what this game is supposed to be about. And I applaud EA/CG for that. But I would turn it around on them now and say, just because you can charge 2200 crystals for a scanner, should you?

iN Alex Ovechkin
  • NicWester wrote: »
    It should use Empire characters.
    If it's anything like the Imperial Assault event (or whatever it was called) it can't be just Empire. There aren't enough characters available. Have to add a second affiliation.

There are plenty of characters

Vader

Veers

Tarkin

Storm Trooper

Snow Trooper

Magma Trooper

Royal Guard
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • #scannergate
  • Puz
    11 posts Member
    I didn't see any other threads posting about this, so I created a new one. Why is the scanner almost twice the price of the other raid gear??? I need like 7 scanners (which, clearly, I'm not getting from raids anytime soon) and I've been waiting for them to come to shipments, only to find out they cost like $20 each. Was $10 (like droid caller and fusion furnace) not enough???
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Heard it is 2200
  • Updated info below
    Here are the update notes for today.

Characters
    • Jedi Knight Anakin is the daily login character for July.
    • Geonosian spy has been added to the game, and will be available via the Aurodium pack on June 30th
    • Tusken Shaman is available once again in Chromium Packs.
    • Character shards for Dengar are now available in the Guild Store.

General
    • The Profit Mining event has been removed.
    • The MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller will no longer appear in Shipments.
    • The MK 7 Nubian Security Scanner now has a chance to appear in Shipments.
    • Chewbacca’s Wookiee Rage ability now displays more information when he has the Maximum Health increase buff.

Events
    • The Credit Heist event is a new type of event that will appear on a random weekday. The first day of this event will start on June 29th. Here are some details on the event:
      • There is a level 50 and a level 70 version
      • Requires 5 Scoundrels
      • Each version (level 50 and 70) may be completed twice for free. 150k credits for each level 50 completion, and 350k credits for each level 70 completion.
      • The event will run for 15 hours each time it appears.
    • Assault Battles: Forest Moon – begins July 4th
      • Difficulty is tuned for level 78 players for the first tier and unlocks at level 75. The level 80 tier unlocks when you complete the previous tier and is tuned for level 80 players.
      • 8 waves of enemies, with wave 4 being a sub-boss battle and wave 8 being a boss battle
      • Requires Empire or Droid characters
      • Be wary of low health Ewoks

• jayskywalker
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    They know how much everyone needs them and was begging for them.. There ya go! Guess ill be aquiring them slowly through raids.. Cant complain too much tho, think ive crafted 2-3 and recieved 1 full gear, from heroic raids
  • Updated info below
    Here are the update notes for today.

Characters
    • Jedi Knight Anakin is the daily login character for July.
    • Geonosian spy has been added to the game, and will be available via the Aurodium pack on June 30th
    • Tusken Shaman is available once again in Chromium Packs.
    • Character shards for Dengar are now available in the Guild Store.

General
    • The Profit Mining event has been removed.
    • The MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller will no longer appear in Shipments.
    • The MK 7 Nubian Security Scanner now has a chance to appear in Shipments.
    • Chewbacca’s Wookiee Rage ability now displays more information when he has the Maximum Health increase buff.

Events
    • The Credit Heist event is a new type of event that will appear on a random weekday. The first day of this event will start on June 29th. Here are some details on the event:
      • There is a level 50 and a level 70 version
      • Requires 5 Scoundrels
      • Each version (level 50 and 70) may be completed twice for free. 150k credits for each level 50 completion, and 350k credits for each level 70 completion.
      • The event will run for 15 hours each time it appears.
    • Assault Battles: Forest Moon – begins July 4th
      • Difficulty is tuned for level 78 players for the first tier and unlocks at level 75. The level 80 tier unlocks when you complete the previous tier and is tuned for level 80 players.
      • 8 waves of enemies, with wave 4 being a sub-boss battle and wave 8 being a boss battle
      • Requires Empire or Droid characters
      • Be wary of low health Ewoks

Woo-hoo!
  • Vodeux
    55 posts Member
    Dont forget that ea just worked its butt off to fix the raid reward screw up. They need to milk more crystals for overtime compensation.
  • Why would you raise the price of scanners, what a rip off.
  • Missing patch note: Teebo's Guerrilla Warfare will no longer apply Stealth to targets who already have Stealth.
  • Hut
    39 posts Member
    Missing patch note: Teebo's Guerrilla Warfare will no longer apply Stealth to targets who already have Stealth.

tumblr_nkktqlnmP11tq4of6o1_500.gif
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Missing patch note: Teebo's Guerrilla Warfare will no longer apply Stealth to targets who already have Stealth.

I'm assuming that also includes himself? If so, that's a huge fix.
  • Missing patch note: Teebo's Guerrilla Warfare will no longer apply Stealth to targets who already have Stealth.

Woo-hoo! No ending stealth early! This might be the best part of the patch. Thanks for fixing it :smile:
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • @BentWookiee Can @EA_Jesse remove or edit the Dengar post in Stragety section please?

It pains me to see Dengar is unavailable anywhere except Guild store
  • HUGE NEWS GUYS

Tenacity down CANT be resisted AND a any effects after that can't be resisted...dare I say it? Dengar OP?(j/k) this is Insanely good for raids
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    I bet a vault the furnace price will be updated the next time it comes around. This is fine. FTP FTW. Your loss CG. Its not even worth being P2P, so little return on investment.
  • I noticed that this achievement now exists in the game and asked myself whether it would be using Ewoks or killing the furry blighters. Which do you lot think/prefer?
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Is there a bug with the new Event? Cann't See it and other people in my time zone have it since Patch Rollout. The mining Event is gone but no new Event.
    Drake23, Its a trap
This discussion has been closed.