Anyone Else not see a MK5 Droid Caller Yet?

2Next

Replies

• I'm just gonna say, if you're too cheap to spend 50×2 crystals to refresh, You shouldn't be complaining.
  • I'm just gonna say, if you're too cheap to spend 50×2 crystals to refresh, You shouldn't be complaining.

Lol it isn't a matter of refreshes alone. There's plenty of people who have done refreshes even in my own guild who have seen none at all. It's just the odds are horrible. Plus it is supposed to be a pre-crafted issue fix and obviously it's catered to them saying "Give us a ton of $ and we will give you the gear you want. We made the mistake but pay us more please." The old carrot and stick approach.

It's not being cheap. I'd rather spend crystals and $ on something other the EA's Raid Roulette. Why flush resources down the drawing for a 2 to 5% chance of seeing what you want? You might as well lay 5 bucks on 21 at the roulette table... its better odds and a better payout.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Sounds like they could work on the randomness, and maybe give everyone the same opportunity.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • MarmotaMonax
    251 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I checked every single shipment and even started to do the 50crystal refreshments a few days ago but have not seen a single droid caller so far.

I am happy that EA finally fixed the precrafting desaster after 2 months.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Yeah, their solution to the pre-crafting imbalance was to create an even bigger RNG imbalance which made them money in the process. They basically kicked their loyal players in the teeth.
  • Boxandthefuzz
    362 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I hate to be a troll here, but I had 2 more show up today without refreshes. Bought'em both just in case. I now have 5 kicking around.

*edit : Just to add insult to injury, I precrafted 5 callers as well. I promise I'm not trolling, I feel for the guys who haven't seen one yet.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    I've had a bunch show up (no refreshes), but my guild leader hasn't had a single one show up.
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    Got 2 today
  • Bought one when they first showed up, then nothing until today. Two in shipments today. Tried to ignore the first sice I don't really need one, but when it showed up again I figured I had to have it.
    No refreshes.
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    I have yet to see ANY piece of raid gear EVER in shipments...I guess I need to sacrifice a goat or virgin to the RNG God's n hopefully my luck will change
  • Probability is a bltch. No matter how likely or unlikely it is for raid gear to drop, even after 48 iterations, some percentage of players will never see said gear over the 2 weeks. For example, let's say the chance of the gear appearing is 5% per refresh. After 48 refreshes, still 8.5% (0.95^48) of players will never see it. With these odds, even after 96 refreshes, there is still an almost 1% chance you will never see it.

I don't know what the drop rates are, but the premise holds regardless. Unless they build in a fail safe approach (if it hasn't shown for you over the 2 weeks, it must, on the last possible refresh), some fraction of players are left out in the cold.
  • I'm generally pretty snarky, but im actually going to be serious for a change. Let me preface this theory with the fact that is my loose, unfounded, anecdotal survey of one person (me).
    I only see mk5 callers when my crystals drop below or are near 1400. I've been above 2k crystals for the last week and haven't seen 1 mk5 caller.
    *No t-test p values were harmed in the making of this broad non scientific claim*
  • Not a sausage. I saw a lot more furnaces. I'm not fretting over it. So far, I only have two or three toons I'd use one on anyway.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Jensxn
    173 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You mean to say you didn't precraft and get 10 for basically free?
  • Obipan
    78 posts Member
    How can you precraft these? Is that in the character screen?
  • There are 4 6hr cycles a day.... Are you POSTIVE you didn't sleep through a couple at night or something... I have seen 3....
  • Bought two within hours of each other no refreashes
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Think they've been swapped as of an hour or so ago.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • @SpencersSocks didn't sleep through any. I am up early for work / let the dogs out. Saw every refresh. Went 0 for Droid caller.

@Sirryker is right. Probability is a ****. The house always wins.

Wonder if my O'fr streak will continue with scanners. I need those even more.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Why is a scanner worth more than a caller? 1400 moved to 2200 credits? Guess i cant say what i really think sonce the thread will be closed like the other ones.
  • Why is a scanner worth more than a caller? 1400 moved to 2200 credits? Guess i cant say what i really think sonce the thread will be closed like the other ones.
    I noticed that as well, the threads were closed. Scanners are now in shipments for 2,200. Which is very pricy. 17 usd to be exact. Which is a lot to ask of your customers for just one piece of gear lol.
  • Seen three bought one
  • Vaexqua
    49 posts Member
    I've seen Scanners for 2205 Gems!!!
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Zero callers and saw every refresh. Insane.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    nQwNh6J.jpg

This was today. I know it doesn't help to add this, but I have never refreshed, and I bought all of the callers I needed. Left this one behind. I add that not to gloat, but to point out, that at least in some cases, they are readily available.
    Post edited by Hangfire on
  • @Hangfire Thanks for posting that. In general, the minority who experience the evils that RNG besets upon them post. The happy majority usually just move on without posting. It's a built-in bias in forums (fora?).