The Scoundrel Event - Guide\Strats\Comments (Merged threads)

Prev13456789
Jaybayblay
233 posts Member
edited June 2016
I'm going to start an Anti-Scoundrel guide to help players to NOT spend valuable credits on these crap characters that are the biggest waste when you can benefit SO MUCH MORE off this game in terms of ARENA and RAID benefits.
BTW I was smart enough to not invest in this event :)

Chewbacca: GET HIM. Obtained through Cantina Battles
Pros - He's freaking chewbacca get him maxed eventually because he is very valuable in raids.

Con - None, although depending if your priorities are Arena or Raids, Ben Geo RG are great for

Arena/Raids while Chirpa should be top priority for ewok synergy team if you want easy few million damage, Geo Soldier, RG, Barriss, Obiwan, Dooku, Anakin, Jawa

Lando: MEH, passable for many other alternatives in Cantina...... obtained through Cantina Battles.
Pros - Strong aoe crits

Con - Need very specific team for him and by himself he may be decent BUT you'll never get stay in top 20 because Dodge leaders will wreck your face to rank 100+ and definitely not useful in raids.

Why? Alternatives are why!
Alternative Cantina Farms: CHIEF CHIRPA because EWOK Synergy MASSACRE Phase 1 T1-T7 RAIDS, Obiwan (Dodge leaders #1 arena), Dooku, Geo Soldier, Jedi Consular, CHEWBACCA IS LOVE, ANAKIN NEW BUFF, Royal Guard (ARENA/RAID=WIN), Jawa, Barriss (For EASY GW)

Nute Gunray: HUGE Pass. Trash from Arena Shipments
Pros - None because he got nerfed with his stupid leader bug giving Lando the craziest aoe's

Cons - Weak, lame, lame

Alernative Arena Shipments - do yourself a favor and invest in Leia, Ackbar, hk-47 and ig88 if you want a droid synergy which are POWERFUL in arena and good damage in raids, Han because tanks are always valuable and he's viable with Old Ben for top 10 Arena, Savage Opress is cool in raids because he makes rancor guarantee a followup with his aoe dispel after aoe smash, hell I rather have a sidious over Nute Gunray which by now everyone has if you played a while back when sidious leader was top meta Kappa.

Mob Enforcer: HUGE PASS. Obtained from Cantina Shipments
Pros - Basic attack, defense debuff

Cons - unique passive requires specific scoundrel team (scoundrels suck btw) and thermal detonator is weak, takes too long to proc and not guaranteed to proc, he/she/it is described as a tank but sucks because he/she/it/**** has no taunt so therefore very useless compared to the alternatives.

Alternatives - QGJ FIRST NO MATTER WHAT (Arena, Raids, GW, EVERYTHING) he should be your first priority. CT5s has AMAZING synergy with Clone teams, even by himself he's decent in Arena (used to be op but basic attack bug got fixed), he applies speed down which is amazing and high hp, assist attack and decent damage. Other alternatives, Ahsoka/JKG for 7* YODA because YODA is freaking amazing in raids and could probably be used to snipe rank 1 on offense but defense not so good. Daka is decent but better alternative because stuns on those Phase 1 pigs are awesome and chance of revival on Phase 4 is awesome. POE Dameron is also amazing because offense down is really good + taunt = win for raids.

Greedo: PASS. Obtained in arena shipments
Pros - Gear 12, decent damage, detonator sucks, wannabe fotp?

Cons - squishy, meh, underwhelming ability and basic attack ability, too much omega to invest in for someone who isn't top 10 Arena worthy because you're going to go back to rank 20+

Alternatives - Leia, Ackbar, sAVAGE oPRESS, hk-47 ig88, HECK I'd recommend Grand Moff Tarkin over this guy because empire synergy may very likely be a viable composition in the near future. BTW Nightsister synergy sucks, haven't tried solo assaj but can't expect much since her AI has been **** since day 1 (self heal when full hp still not fixed LOL) so avoid her like a bad plague.

Boba Fett: Who is this kid? Obtained from somewhere
Pros - None because he sucks and doesn't even exist, I heard from a distant rumor that he has a skill that lets him ability block but who cares? :3

Cons - Um seriously who is this kid because I can't find him in this game, must be rarer than legit 7* darth vaders.

Alternatives - Every other toon in the history of this game.

Cad Bane: Get him eventually but no rush. Obtained from GW Shipments so doesn't matter, anyone can get him maxed very fast and easy without much sacrifice :3
Pros - Assuming in the future there are raids where enemy Jedi raid minion/bosses are involved, sure he'd be really amazing for that. He has unavoidable stun which isn't bad for pigs in phase 1 raids but basic attack to attack twice is cool.. but overall stats nothing to brag about. Also he's good for Darkside battles when you're up against jedi AI, may prove useful in the future as well so I don't count him as a pass.

Cons - Nothing really, may need survivability buffs here and there but meh.

Alternatives - TEEBO #1 RAIDS #1 #1 #1 RAIDS TEEBO #1 because Gear 10 80% Potency to reduce 100% turn meter is GOLD! PHASMA BABY IS STRONK for Arena, Raids, GW! Luminara good heals for GW with arena rank 50-100 leader dodge. IG-86 does beast damage without droid team, with droid team he's insane fully omega geared. Tusken raider for raids and potential tusken synergy in future looks way better than what ever trash scoundrel synergy is trying to become.

TL;DR

Chewbacca is fantastic, Cad Bane has potential to be amazing in the future, Lando has good aoe.. but the alternatives are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.

Disclaimer: I apologize to anyone who may have been inadvertently offended, mainly the people who have less than 20 7* characters and wasted all their salvage, credits, blood sweat and tears trying to get these scoundrel trash to level 70.

Level 1-70 roughly 2.4 Million Credits?
Assuming you have at least 70 chewbacca (good job!)

it will take 9.6 million just to get the rest of the 4 to level 70
12 million if you don't have chewbacca either.

So assuming this event GUARANTEES to come around every 8 days, it will take about 72-80 days (9-10 Scoundrel Events) from today to recuperate your 9.6 million credits on those 4 useless toons :open_mouth:

Oh this is assuming you have AT LEAST 5-6 stars beforehand too on all scoundrels because just 4-5 stars won't cut it and you won't beat the level 70 event. Guild member has all level 70's although not all were gear 7+ but still couldn't beat it so I can assume it requires AVERAGE of minimum level 70 minimum 6* with minimum gear 7 (YOU MIGHT NEED MORE)
I hear other people complaining about the level 70 difficulty already in forums :)

^ Also about the paragraph above, don't get so hung up about this because who cares if it doesn't take THAT much to beat it, your scoundrels excluding chewbacca (cad lando meh easy alternatives) are pretty useless so you already lost and I'm not happy that you lost, I feel your frustration because that's a waste of shard farming, energy, credits, gear, everything. God forbid you spent any omega's on any scoundrel (besides chewbacca)

So my solution to all of this is to get rid of this recurring nightmare of an event so it won't haunt players anymore for wasting their energy, shards, credits, on more useless never viable toons. Thanks!

I wrote this amazing guide half serious and other half a complete joke because that's exactly how they have been delivering these BAIT EVENTS

To EA for this Event: GR8 B8 M8 R8 8/8
To The ENTIRE Community: Sorry you wasted your time on this event/post

Replies

• Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well just fyi i did both versions with a 5* lando/boba/cad (lv73/70/67)and a (l40) 4* chewy and a (l6) 2* mob enforcer... no problems was fairly simple...for those of you without enough scoundrels...just follow this easy guide to get your 300k and then your 700k of credits.

1.) Get lando and put everything you got into his aoe.
    2.) Unlock your dengar with guild store shipments if need be or just wait for month to finish and unlock him or just unlock cheapest svoundrels...no need for them to b anything more than lv 1
    3.) Lando....his aoe is key....most peeps should have a 3 or 4* chewy which is enough to keep lando alive till you get that lucky aoe multi crit with enough tries.

Lando at 4* lv 70 with lv 7 aoe skill is enough to do it...with a chewy and others working as distractions.

Lando 5* lv 73 g8
    Boba 5* lv 70 g7
    Cad 5* lv 67 g7
    Chewy 4* lv57 g7
    Mob Enforcer lv 6 g1
    Post edited by Loose_Lee on
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, still working on unlocking enough toons.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Again, say it with me....

Lando
    Lando
    Lando

Help me Lando Cal Rissian your my only hope!
  • Options
    Many complainers think your stratagy is not good enough. They don't understand the small amount of investment over long times equal lage profit.

Who was your lead?
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Lando....used boba at first...but lv 70 pt i just used lando as lead for increased crit chance and repeated till aoe got 2 crits...rest was just same effect steamrolled again and again.
  • Options
    Thanks for the onfo
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Np gonna make another thread with a heart in title so it conveys my gratitude to devs for getting this credit heist spot on...great job guys!
  • Options
    Rewards are great! However my level 80, 6* Lando is not going according to this plan. I have a base Zam, 4* chewy, 6* cad, level 70, and mob enforcer level 1 just to enter. Not having much luck with the level 70 event
  • Options
    Awful event and you should have to rely on one toon to complete it. That just proves how OP Lando is if you claim to have autoed the event for 1 mil with just 1 guy. Post a video if that's any bit truthful.
  • Options
    Awful event and you should have to rely on one toon to complete it. That just proves how OP Lando is if you claim to have autoed the event for 1 mil with just 1 guy. Post a video if that's any bit truthful.

+1

Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    This is not true at all. I have Lando at gear 8 level 72 and Chewie at 4* level 54 gear 6. I could barely complete the first tier after many many tries. Not even one chance at completing the 2nd one.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Also those of us that have unlocked Han helps out Lando a ton with his critical chance up
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Unlimited trys yo....just repeat till lando aoe gets 2 crits in 1st round and 2nd round...you gotta build that dmg up for 3rd round.

Took me 2 trys 1st time and 4 trys 2nd time...still for a million k its a few thousand lightyears faster than going through galatic war...twice.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Unlimited trys yo....just repeat till lando aoe gets 2 crits in 1st round and 2nd round...you gotta build that dmg up for 3rd round.

Took me 2 trys 1st time and 4 trys 2nd time...still for a million k its a few thousand lightyears faster than going through galatic war...twice.

I did this...to get past the first tier. Tried like 3 times saw it was pointless for the 2nd tier.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Well alexone...i guess that my 5* cad bane in there made diffrence...he did stun the higher hp CUP on last battle every time...lando aoe's, fett aoe's and all dead but boss and then just a 3 or 4 vs 1.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yea i just unlocked Cad Bane and only have him at gear level 4. All the others except Lando die very very fast. Including Chewie. And it doesn't matter if i hit crits because even if i do, the enemy starts first and Lando will be stunned if he is alone.
  • Options
    Yeah.... I've set this to auto about 50 times in hopes RNG would give me the OPs scenario. That is not the case. Even if Lando makes it to stage 3, he's the only one there
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    I did have them all at gear 7 except the mob enforcer....only one at gear 8 is lando....so even if you can only get the 300k this time you should realize it wont take much effort to get the full monty on next credit heist
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    I did have them all at gear 7 except the mob enforcer....only one at gear 8 is lando....so even if you can only get the 300k this time you should realize it wont take much effort to get the full monty on next credit heist

Oooh ok you should've said so. Yea gear 7 seems to be the requirement. I have only Lando at gear 8, rest don't even have fortitude, they are all below gear 6.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Was pretty easy. Used boba lead chew Lando nute and greedo.
  • Options
    never thought i'd be so glad to have a G11 lando, had him with boba cad greedo and chewie which are all 7* but under geared and levelled, but Lando did all the work everyone else was just there to be cannon fodder

with g11 lando I thought it was super easy, but I can see how someone who doesnt have him would have a tough time

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Many complainers think your stratagy is not good enough. They don't understand the small amount of investment over long times equal lage profit.

Who was your lead?

Lando. Lando is the answer to every question regarding the event.

I love how people first complained "I don't want to invest in 5 lousy scoundrels...wah...wah."

Now in this thread - "The event shouldn't need to only be concerned about the most powerful scoundrel...wah...wah.."

Lol.

Three things:

1) The event is a million free credits - Every. Single. Time. it comes up - which is once a week.

2) You don't need 5 level 70 heroes. My Lando is 5*, G8 level 66. Without any skill above level 6 (so not even maxed). In fact, here is the lineup I beat the level 70 version with...twice:

Lando 5*, G8 level 66
    Chewie 6*, G8 level 68
    Cad Bane 7*, G7 level 66
    and...ready for these:
    Boba Fett 4*, G4 level 45
    Greedo 3*, G6 level 50

No one over level 70 (and only 3 anywhere near). No one at G9, no one with any Omega's. Just 1 million free credits.

3) Don't have 5 scoundrels? Sorry, that's on you. There have been whispers of a scoundrel event since January - and confirmation a week ago. I didn't have 5 scoundrels either. I was actually farming Lando for the Empire event because he was both Rebel and a scoundrel (more versatile than Luke). Boba and Greedo are easy farms.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Why is this so easy? A geared 7 star Lando can solo. Seriously, some of us put energy in to scoundrels and we get the event meant for all. Whereas for Droid and other events it requires some level of toon to actually do.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Id say its easy because they didn't want to just give a million credits to everyone everyday...so they made a simple, easy, ongoing event everyone can do with minimal preperations...lando is basically the crux of the event.
  • Options
    I don't know how anyone finds this easy! My team is getting wiped. Cad and Lando are both 6*, level 70, and 80, g8. Zam level 50, g8, chewie 4* g7, useless mob chick. I e tried it over 75 times
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't know how anyone finds this easy! My team is getting wiped. Cad and Lando are both 6*, level 70, and 80, g8. Zam level 50, g8, chewie 4* g7, useless mob chick. I e tried it over 75 times

Obviously something is wrong with whatever you're doing. It took a 3 attempts (two autoplay, one manual) to win with this group. Afterwards I upped Lando to level 76 and it was easy though maybe not autoplayable.

6* G8 level 66 Lando
    5* G8 level 76 Chewy (Omega'd basic for T5 raids)
    6* G7 level 64 Greedo
    5* G7 Level 56 Cad
    4* G7 Level 56 Boba

I disagree with OP that Lando is the only thing needed but do agree he makes this fairly easy. G7 for all toons is definitely a requirement and having a decent Chewy who saves his taunt until the end helps.
  • Options
    Lando made this trivial. G10 Lvl 80 7*. The rest of my team was ok: 7* 80 G8 Chewie, 7* 70 G8 boba Fett, 6* 70 G7 Cad bane, 4* 55 Greedo. The rest of the team accounted for less than 10% of the damage.
  • Skirata
    163 posts Member
    Options
    So can this be done without Lando? Anyone?
  • Options
    Gibs, is Lando your lead? Is AoE max/omega? Given your setup I think you should be able to win even with Lando at 70.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    This is not true at all. I have Lando at gear 8 level 72 and Chewie at 4* level 54 gear 6. I could barely complete the first tier after many many tries. Not even one chance at completing the 2nd one.

Your almost there. I did it with Max Omega Lando and l70 4 star chewie G6.

And then L1 CAD, Dengar and greedo