The Scoundrel Event - Guide\Strats\Comments (Merged threads)

Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    What's also awesome is Lando was great in empire assault, now this event and will be awesome in the hinted at AOE event
  • Awful event and you should have to rely on one toon to complete it. That just proves how OP Lando is if you claim to have autoed the event for 1 mil with just 1 guy. Post a video if that's any bit truthful.

Did you even read the OP?

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Gibs, is Lando your lead? Is AoE max/omega? Given your setup I think you should be able to win even with Lando at 70.

This. Lando lead made all the difference. The speed boost let's even your weakest toons get a shot in on stage 1 - and allows Chewie to fire his taunt and protect. As posted earlier, I beat level 70 twice with this sorry lineup:
    Lando (LEAD) 5*, G8 level 66
    Chewie 6*, G8 level 68
    Cad Bane 7*, G7 level 66
    and...ready for these:
    Boba Fett 4*, G4 level 45
    Greedo 3*, G6 level 50

No omegas or even level 7 abilities.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I found it fairly difficult but manageable.

My scoundrels suck, all under leveled, under geared except for a G9 80 Lando.
    I can't auto the level70 one. But was a fun challenge.
  • It's very well know that I do not like how the devs did this event for a lot of reasons. The amount of credits you NEED to spend is a lot more than what you get as a rewards and you get nothing out this event that we weren't getting before. This event was supposed to help with the credit crunch but it didn't. In fact it's made it worse. You have to spend 10 million credits to make a suitable team to completely auto this event. Now you could manual this event and not cost you as much but you are still looking at anywhere in the 5.5 million to 7 million to be able to participate in the event. Now I get that once you shell out this price you won't have to do it again but it's the principle that's the problem. You should not have to spend ten times the amount of the reward to get the reward. Plus the way the reviews and the negativity of this event here in the forums, it wouldn't surprise me if the devs fade this event out or change it. They did this for all of the other events and now we don't talk about those becuase they didn't change anything. Since this event replaced the useless credits event people expect that it will come back every week. There is no evidence that this is true other than the devs word and this holds little to nothing anymore. To paraphrase the legendary Kenobi, they were supposed to help the f2p not doom them.
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    I'm f2p... Had no problem completing it.
  • I have a Lando but he dies after two shots. Completed with Chewie, Cad, and boba. Scrub Lando and greedo diverted fire for three seconds
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Lies. I loved it. Used my 2.5M credits over the last 24 hours (GW day and all) to level my EE and Chirpa. All ftw.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Back at it again...
  • Exodus00
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Can we retitle this thread "This Post is Garbage?"
  • Oh look another useless complain thread. Free credits is free. Once you get your scoundrels to a decent level you will gain back what you spent in due time threw this event.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    I dont know where you naysayers keep pulling this 10 million credits crud from....you dont need 5 toons at lv 80 or 70. I had no real difficulty and highest i have is 5* 73 lando...
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If you have to spend 7.5 million you could do the level 50 event for 20weeks and invest your winnings into the L70 event and this could never cost you a penny.

Or you could not do it and spend money on toons that get you zero ROI
  • Totally disagree 100%!!! I loved it good challenge and not a whale.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    I think are just crying because you got whooped up on by some of those incredibly OP corusant underworld police....you know those CUPS have a nasty rep for...doing....things...
  • 48434513.jpg
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    xMORIDINx wrote: »
    I have a Lando but he dies after two shots. Completed with Chewie, Cad, and boba. Scrub Lando and greedo diverted fire for three seconds

What Gear level? I found you need at least 2 of the scoundrels at Gear 8.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Order_67
    111 posts Member
    I really liked this event. For those who will play long term this is a great event. 1 million a week, why would anyone complain?!
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    I dont know where you naysayers keep pulling this 10 million credits crud from....you dont need 5 toons at lv 80 or 70. I had no real difficulty and highest i have is 5* 73 lando...

I Spent 5million and its not enough to do tier two.. Not sure how much more i need.. I guessbits cuz im missing lando :/
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Anyhow, eventually u get all the investment back

Either u invested months ago or now.. It doesnt matter... U get it all back with profit after a few weeks
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Dont complain about free credits please.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

+1

Most people already have Chewie at a decent gear/star level. So really you just need Lando and one other toon at 5-6* and one of them gear 8.

Not hard at all and not expensive. Lot's of complaining over free credits - and most of the whining isn't based in reality.

Good work on the event devs! Don't listen to the handful who ignored the info in advance and instead would rather curse the darkness then light a Lando.

• Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It's very well know that I do not like how the devs did this event for a lot of reasons. The amount of credits you NEED to spend is a lot more than what you get as a rewards and you get nothing out this event that we weren't getting before. This event was supposed to help with the credit crunch but it didn't. In fact it's made it worse. You have to spend 10 million credits to make a suitable team to completely auto this event. Now you could manual this event and not cost you as much but you are still looking at anywhere in the 5.5 million to 7 million to be able to participate in the event. Now I get that once you shell out this price you won't have to do it again but it's the principle that's the problem. To paraphrase the legendary Kenobi, they were supposed to help the f2p not doom them.

I think you need to calm down. Its a good event. I have 2 scoundrel at high enough level so I can't do the 70 level but I did the 50.. it was tough but I did it, have my free 150K credits, I am good.

What are you whining about.. FREE credits is FREE credits.. I was going to build Zam and Dengar anyway, so I think this event is very timely.
  • I dont get when people say they have to "waste" credits levelling their scoundrels for this

its not a waste to levelup characters, I think its pretty clear that with all the different events all characters will be useful at one point or another, so look at it as investing in a character you'll probably use in other modes and as a bonus you get 1M credits a week which is a pretty good chunk of credits
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

+1

Most people already have Chewie at a decent gear/star level. So really you just need Lando and one other toon at 5-6* and one of them gear 8.

Not hard at all and not expensive. Lot's of complaining over free credits - and most of the whining isn't based in reality.

Good work on the event devs! Don't listen to the handful who ignored the info in advance and instead would rather curse the darkness then light a Lando.

Thats just it.. I waited too long trying to star up RG.. And i ran out of time with lando.. Its really my fault im not ready.. On the other hand, my arena is easier.. I get more crystals
  • You only need around three scoundrels gear 7 level 70 to complete it.
  • I loved the event. Loved the empire event. New content is just that, new. Adapt and survive.
  • No I want all of you to do this event without Lando. Then come to me and say it's easy. Lando is OP and is just as bad as the people that exploited the Vader glitch a long time ago. He's going to get nerfed once everybody has him and I'll just laught becuase you all wasted credits on a toon that's going to get nerfed harder than Sid.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Nothing wrong with the event... I can't beat the level 70 one but should be able to in a week or two.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    No I want all of you to do this event without Lando. Then come to me and say it's easy. Lando is OP and is just as bad as the people that exploited the Vader glitch a long time ago. He's going to get nerfed once everybody has him and I'll just laught becuase you all wasted credits on a toon that's going to get nerfed harder than Sid.

really