The Scoundrel Event - Guide\Strats\Comments (Merged threads)

Replies

• clarkdiesel
    306 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    deathleech wrote: »
    The OP kind of has a point. I feel like a lot of people in this thread bashing him are whales who have unlimited resources. For us strictly F2P people, it's not quite so easy to get a scoundrel team.

Lando is the only really good Scoundrel that is useful in other aspects of the game. The only way to get him is by spending energy. Chewie and Greedo are decent, but hardly worth going for, especially when you could be spending the resources on other characters. Boba, Cad, and the rest are pretty much garbage.

So while you will eventually get the credits back you spent leveling up some scoundrel characters for the event, you also have to take into account opportunity cost. All those credits, gear pieces, training droids, and energy could be spent leveling up other characters that are much more useful.

Chewie is fantastic in raids. Omega his basic with his good potency and lots of potential for TM reduction. High health and protection and can taunt to protect your toons.

Plus, true whales don't need credits so this event is not for them
  • Have you played games before? It's an achievement as well... Of course you expand resources to beat it because thats playing the game... You are getting game time.... It's new content you CHOOSE to complete.... if you dont want to then don't
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Unless you consider someone who has spent $25 in 6 months a "whale", I am hardly a whale. Had Chewie at 6* and gear 8 already. Lando at 5* (fit the Empire event) I just had to put some gear on Cad (who was a toon of the month back in January) to being him to gear 7. Completed the level 70 version. So no, you don't have to be a whale. Nor have spent the last several months prepping for this event. Plus the event will reoccur every week. So if you need the credits, go for it. If you don't, that's your choice aa well. But the event is NOT garbage, nor for a select few.

No, it is not for new players. But it's a million credits, so it shouldn't be.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • clarkdiesel
    306 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Let me put it another way. Many are complaining it's not worth the investment and you have other toons to level. There will always be toons to level. Once you finish the meta toons or whatever ones you deem worthy, you still only have GW as your daily source of credits. You get some from raids and challenges sporadically but investing a little into this scoundrel event, which has already been discussed numerous times with FTP toons, will get you 1 million extra per week from here on out. Sometimes, maybe 2 million per week if it runs twice. You don't have to invest millions but you can star and level up Chewie and Lando, which will also help your raid squads.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    @CG_JohnSalera
    @CG_LucifersDaddy
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

If I missed any, pass it on. Thanks guys. :smile:
  • It was soooooo easy. Granted, I wanted the scoundrel's from day one cause that's How I roll. So I was well prepared, and was able to auto through both Lvl 50 and Lvl 70 without problems, I only ever lost my Cad, and even then, it was battle 3/3 of the Lvl 70. Lando is a key component, but it can be done without. And if your wondering... First attempt at Lvl 70

Lando (L)5* Lvl 63 Gear 7 all abilitys lvl 5
    Greedo 7* Lvl 80 gear 7 omega Basic/Leader
    Boba 7* Lvl 70 Gear 8 all abilitys Lvl 7
    Cad 5* Lvl 59 gear 7 all abilitys Lvl 5
    Chewy 6* Lvl 63 gear 8 all abilitys Lvl 5

Second attempt, I switched Lando for Greedo, just to see if it was a fluke, still only lost Cad. Boba's AoE kept them blocked like a brick wall. Next time around, think I'll try a Boba lead on Lvl 70 just to see if anything changes
  • Chewie is fantastic in raids. Omega his basic with his good potency and lots of potential for TM reduction. High health and protection and can taunt to protect your toons.

Ya, he's ok in raids, but pretty mediocre in most other aspects. I would rather spend the resources getting other, more viable tanks leveled up.

I guess that is really my issue with this game (not just with this event). We are constantly getting new events, but most of them require a significant investment to participate in. I feel like I am constantly trying to just get all these random characters leveled up so I can participate in the events. Meanwhile the team I actually WANT to build is constantly taking a back seat.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    It's better than the Profit Mining it replaced.

If you don't like Credit Heist, just think about how much you're missing Profit Mining...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    The OP kind of has a point. I feel like a lot of people in this thread bashing him are whales who have unlimited resources. For us strictly F2P people, it's not quite so easy to get a scoundrel team.

Lando is the only really good Scoundrel that is useful in other aspects of the game. The only way to get him is by spending energy. Chewie and Greedo are decent, but hardly worth going for, especially when you could be spending the resources on other characters. Boba, Cad, and the rest are pretty much garbage.

So while you will eventually get the credits back you spent leveling up some scoundrel characters for the event, you also have to take into account opportunity cost. All those credits, gear pieces, training droids, and energy could be spent leveling up other characters that are much more useful.

People can complain All they want about lando they should have been farming him since the rebel and clones event. That's why lando is good. He can be used for both events. Lando from Catina, Nute or Greedo from arena and Cad Bane from GWs. That's 3 that can be worked on daily. Everyday! Everybody has a chewy and Corassant Policeman. Even tho they would be low level, Lando,Greedo and Cad Bane are good enough to 3 way the event. You just need 5 to enter. All free toons, you just need to work at getting them.The OP has no point, he is just bitter.
  • Good thing I have 4 scoundrels...
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    I cant even complete the lvl 50 version and I disagree with OP.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member

Lando is also the only one you need and he's awesome in the empire assault and will be awesome in the AOE event and is decent in arena though not meta. Chewie is good wherever you left him at the beginning. It costs 400 guild for Dengar and 2000 arena and GW for Greedo and CAD.

You don't need to level or gear anyone but Lando for this event. So for 1 month of farming an awesome toon who is useful everywhere but raid you get 1 million a week for the rest of the game.
  • OP, no one is forcing you to participate in this event. So at worst you're neutral in terms of credit usage.

I for one really thank the Devs for this event even if I don't have five scoundrels yet.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    I fail to see the issue. It's designed to replace a feature almost nobody used. If you have a deep roster you probably won't even need to invest much to be able to beat the level 70. It's not that tough an event honestly.

Besides the argument that it takes too long to earn your investment back is a non-starter.
    If it takes x weeks to get your investment back, wouldn't you rather be making more then? Those x weeks are going to pass whether you invest in the scoundrel event or not.
  • Aniema wrote: »
    People can complain All they want about lando they should have been farming him since the rebel and clones event. That's why lando is good. He can be used for both events. Lando from Catina, Nute or Greedo from arena and Cad Bane from GWs. That's 3 that can be worked on daily. Everyday! Everybody has a chewy and Corassant Policeman. Even tho they would be low level, Lando,Greedo and Cad Bane are good enough to 3 way the event. You just need 5 to enter. All free toons, you just need to work at getting them.The OP has no point, he is just bitter.

Ya, Lando seems to make of break this event. The problem is that he isn't a super easy character to get. You can only get him from spending Cantina Energy? There are a dozen other characters I would rather get with that energy.

If you have Lando you can roll through the event pretty easily. With any other characters it's a bit of a challenge. I have a 74 Boba (8 gear), 70 Chewie (7 gear), and then a 42 Cad, 41 Lando, and level 1 Nute (all characters 4*). I am having issues just beating the level 50 event.

No one else thinks it's a bit silly that the entire event pretty much hinges on having one good scoundrel character with Lando? Or the fact the rest of the Scoundrel characters are pretty bad? Maybe they should have buffed Cad and Boba before releasing this event so there were actually some character options?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Who are the dozen others you'd rather get?

I've heard boba ability block works well and if you taunt with chewie they won't AOE
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    You should also get him for the cape synergy and moustache synergy events that are coming up
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You have to spend 10 million credits to make a suitable team to completely auto this event. Now you could manual this event and not cost you as much but you are still looking at anywhere in the 5.5 million to 7 million to be able to participate in the event.

The event will reoccur every week, which means that after 6—7 you will have a surplus of 1 million credits every week. You might think, it doesn't help you enough, but it DOES help you with the credit crunch.
  • Thank you, thank you, and again, thank you! You finally showed some love to the grey side. Keep it up! I'd like to see more uses for these guys other than as a credit crunch buster. But way to go. I've been ready for months, and it was a breeze for me, auto all the way, and the AI couldn't really mess up. Thank You
  • deathleech wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »

Ya, Lando seems to make of break this event. The problem is that he isn't a super easy character to get. You can only get him from spending Cantina Energy? There are a dozen other characters I would rather get with that energy.

If you have Lando you can roll through the event pretty easily. With any other characters it's a bit of a challenge. I have a 74 Boba (8 gear), 70 Chewie (7 gear), and then a 42 Cad, 41 Lando, and level 1 Nute (all characters 4*). I am having issues just beating the level 50 event.

No one else thinks it's a bit silly that the entire event pretty much hinges on having one good scoundrel character with Lando? Or the fact the rest of the Scoundrel characters are pretty bad? Maybe they should have buffed Cad and Boba before releasing this event so there were actually some character options?

Lando rocks this event because of his AoE and personally I think his leader ability is great too. Spamming his AoE and doing 10k damage takes out the additional targets faster than they could inflict any real damage on my squad. He was my mvp today, cad bane came out in a close 2nd.

Lando also has a cool perk of being a rebel too. So he can be used for that event as well. That makes him worth the farm in my book.
  • Homish
    65 posts Member
    Maybe OP would have liked a Phasma/Rey/QGJ event.

Ah well, maybe next time.

I love the scoundrel event. Spent a weeks worth of credits and mats on scoundrels, but it's fun to use different toons.

• I couldn't beat phase 2, despite investing 2M in buffing my toons. Am I complaining? Nope. Will work on my team some more and be ready to beat it next week, and my investment will be paid back after 3-4 weeks. Thanks for the cool event, EA.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Sucks to be you OP, when they raise the level cap and you have no credits to level your arena toons.
    Guess you'll just have to spend crystals, or start another complaint post about lack of free credits.
  • LANDO CAN AUTO WIN THIS EVENT BY HIMSELF

10 Millions if you have them..don't cry...This event will come time after time..so it will pays out
  • No I want all of you to do this event without Lando. Then come to me and say it's easy. Lando is OP and is just as bad as the people that exploited the Vader glitch a long time ago. He's going to get nerfed once everybody has him and I'll just laught becuase you all wasted credits on a toon that's going to get nerfed harder than Sid.

Did it also without LANDO no problems :) have a nice day
  • Have to say I'm pretty much f2p... I enjoyed it fully and hope they keep this event. Thank you EA.
  • Greg1920 wrote: »
    You should also get him for the cape synergy and moustache synergy events that are coming up

uhh........

Excuse me, I almost passed out from fanboiing. B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • I think its a good event. I had fun building up my scoundrel team to compete and the credits were greatly needed. I never would have built up my cad bane without this and now i find him useful in GW.
  • I think it'll be a while before I have a squad ready for the lvl 70, but for anyone who has done the lvl 50 tier, can you give me a rough estimate of the bare minimum in terms of gear and star level to get through lvl 50?