The Scoundrel Event - Guide\Strats\Comments (Merged threads)

Replies

• Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Based on the comments on the Credit Crunch threads, most of the players that really need this event are higher level players 70+ . High level players are more likely to already have farmed the Scoundrels necessary to complete the event, so their forward investment is minimal.
    I'm currently level 67 and f2p and yet to have any credit difficulties, so I'm not going to put much effort into farming the 2 remaining Scoundrels I need. Even that will not be difficult. Mob Enforcer and Greedo are both only 25 shards to unlock and easily obtainable. I already have a mid-range Chewy and 7* gear 7 Cad Bane. Dengar is a freebee. I probably will not even need to play this event until level 70.
    What I really need is a better Training Droid event. Droids are my bottleneck. Saving gems for that.

Bit of wisdom and advice (applies to real world too). Invest, the earlier the better.
    The credit crunch is real. It will happen when they lift the level cap.
  • I'm level 65. I spent 5 mil credits leveling up scoundrels I won't use anywhere else, and quite a few resources gearing them up to tier 5 or so, plus upgraded a half dozen abilities, and can't beat the level 50 event. I'm sure all the level 80 players find it super easy, but I have yet to talk to anyone sub-70 who thinks the level 50 event is remotely tuned to level 50 characters. I'm **** that I wasted a ton of resources and so far have gotten absolutely nothing for it, and now I'm stuck having wasted more credits than I'll get back from the event for at least several months, and have to choose eier to write off 5 mil credits as a total loss, or invest more to try to complete just the stupid level 50 event for a measely 150k.

So yeah, this event sure isn't making this game any more fun for me.
  • Maskarii wrote: »
    No I want all of you to do this event without Lando. Then come to me and say it's easy. Lando is OP and is just as bad as the people that exploited the Vader glitch a long time ago. He's going to get nerfed once everybody has him and I'll just laught becuase you all wasted credits on a toon that's going to get nerfed harder than Sid.

Did it also without LANDO no problems :) have a nice day

Post the video because that's sounds like a lie to me. A video of anybody autoing both tiers without Lando and I'll be contempt that you don't NEED Lando for this event.
  • What I want to know is, has anyone level 60 or less beat the level 50 event? I see lots of level 80 players talking about how wonderful tnings are, but my 5-6* level 65 squad with gear 4-5 got trounced.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Ahh well id say your in the minority there bud...just, well, ah...give it your best shot
  • I don't think I'm in the minority for level-appropriate players on the 50 event. I haven't had any problem with any challenges or previous events as soon as I've unlocked them. Every post I've seen so far that listed a team has been 70+. I'm really curious if any level 50-55ish players have actually completed the event. If any have, I bet they're a tiny minority.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Finnien wrote: »
    I'm level 65. I spent 5 mil credits leveling up scoundrels I won't use anywhere else, and quite a few resources gearing them up to tier 5 or so, plus upgraded a half dozen abilities, and can't beat the level 50 event. I'm sure all the level 80 players find it super easy, but I have yet to talk to anyone sub-70 who thinks the level 50 event is remotely tuned to level 50 characters. I'm **** that I wasted a ton of resources and so far have gotten absolutely nothing for it, and now I'm stuck having wasted more credits than I'll get back from the event for at least several months, and have to choose eier to write off 5 mil credits as a total loss, or invest more to try to complete just the **** level 50 event for a measely 150k.

So, i used this team for tier I:

image.jpg

Is urs worse?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Finally beat level 50 with a 5* Cad, 4* Chewie, Lando (just unlocked today), Boba and 2* Greedo. Time to work on these toons lol.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Maskarii wrote: »
    No I want all of you to do this event without Lando. Then come to me and say it's easy. Lando is OP and is just as bad as the people that exploited the Vader glitch a long time ago. He's going to get nerfed once everybody has him and I'll just laught becuase you all wasted credits on a toon that's going to get nerfed harder than Sid.

Post the video because that's sounds like a lie to me. A video of anybody autoing both tiers without Lando and I'll be contempt that you don't NEED Lando for this event.

So go farm Lando and quit complaining about it already. I mean come on already man I tired hearing about your scoundrel posts today.
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    I'm level 65. I spent 5 mil credits leveling up scoundrels I won't use anywhere else, and quite a few resources gearing them up to tier 5 or so, plus upgraded a half dozen abilities, and can't beat the level 50 event. I'm sure all the level 80 players find it super easy, but I have yet to talk to anyone sub-70 who thinks the level 50 event is remotely tuned to level 50 characters. I'm **** that I wasted a ton of resources and so far have gotten absolutely nothing for it, and now I'm stuck having wasted more credits than I'll get back from the event for at least several months, and have to choose eier to write off 5 mil credits as a total loss, or invest more to try to complete just the **** level 50 event for a measely 150k.

image.jpg

Is urs worse?

Nope. Mine doesn't include Mob Enforcer and Greedo is the only 2* toon lol.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I don't think I'm in the minority for level-appropriate players on the 50 event. I haven't had any problem with any challenges or previous events as soon as I've unlocked them. Every post I've seen so far that listed a team has been 70+. I'm really curious if any level 50-55ish players have actually completed the event. If any have, I bet they're a tiny minority.

Nope. My highest level hero to beat the level 70 was 68. I also had a 3* level 50 Greedo and a 4* level 45 Boba. Chewie and Lando were both Gear 8. Cad gear 7. Lando lead is important...and gear. It's the 4-5 level gear that's costing you.

The same is true for the Empire event.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • J0K3R wrote: »

image.jpg

Is urs worse?

It is definitely worse. I don't have a level 67 7* chewbacca with level 6+ abilities and god knows what tier gear. That's not exactly level-appropriate, and survivability is the biggest challenge I face, since there aren't any scoundrel healers
  • Genius rant. Thank you. You made my night
  • Free credits.

Yay!

they all but GIVE you the first 300k.. Over this month you'll probably pick up an extra 900k of credits if you DONT get past level 2z

You poor abused thing.
  • Cool to see my Guide get the front page in this thread :)
  • Aniema wrote: »
    Maskarii wrote: »

So go farm Lando and quit complaining about it already. I mean come on already man I tired hearing about your scoundrel posts today.

I'm not going to farm that **** that sold out Han and the gang to the empire. Plus he's going to get nerfed once everybody realizes how OP he is. Probably going to make him squishy or maybe even nerf his damage.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Cool to see my Guide get the front page in this thread :)

It's good advice for FTP.

You need to have your core team of Phas, QG, GS, Rey, RG/St Han before you have any of these events. People ruined their arena teams to prematurely get Yoda this is the same trap. Until you have your Meta max arena team all wants can wait.
  • Finnien
    24 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I don't think I'm in the minority for level-appropriate players on the 50 event. I haven't had any problem with any challenges or previous events as soon as I've unlocked them. Every post I've seen so far that listed a team has been 70+. I'm really curious if any level 50-55ish players have actually completed the event. If any have, I bet they're a tiny minority.

Nope. My highest level hero to beat the level 70 was 68. I also had a 3* level 50 Greedo and a 4* level 45 Boba. Chewie and Lando were both Gear 8. Cad gear 7. Lando lead is important...and gear. It's the 4-5 level gear that's costing you.

The same is true for the Empire event.

I'm asking about level-appropriate players for the Tier 1 event, not the level 70 version. By level 50, the absolute best gear you can get is tier 6, and I believe some characters can't even get that high at 50.

So, I repeat - have any LEVEL-APPROPRIATE players managed to defeat the LEVEL 50 event?
  • 7* Cad lead, 6* Chewie, 7* Boba, plus useless unleveled Dengar and Greedo got me the easy wins.
  • DYNAMIKS wrote: »
    Genius rant. Thank you. You made my night

glad you enjoyed it, hoping it helps others :D
  • so it's doable with a
    lvl 80 6 star chewi - leader v good vs rancor aswell
    boba fet 70 6 stars
    lvl 60 nute 4 stars
    lvl 70 cad bane 5 stars
    Greedo 3 stars lvl 53

takes a bunch of trys but they are easy to farm
  • JediGhost117
    1756 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    My previous thread was moved to the megathread for this event. My thread does not belong there. This event is awful in nearly every respect. You need specific toons to participate, let alone complete. Your initial investment outweighs your long term investment by a long shot. Do they really expect me to dump 10 million credits into a team I will never use outside of this event. If they do then they have truley lost their marbles. Now I will not be responding to people defending this POS event becuase I've had enough of their sorry excuse of an argument. Simply getting Lando is not a solution to this event offering nothing that the game hadn't already provided. Also Chewy is a rare toon to see fully leveled becuase most people leave him alone once they get any better toons at around level 30. The fact that you have him at 6* or 7* is proof enough for me that you wasted a lot of credits and gear. I shouldn't have to invest 5 million credits into a toon like Lando that isn't cool and is OP that has gone under the radar by the community and the devs. Now please do not merge this into the megathread. I have it on copy ready to paste it again outside of the megathread.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    In before close
  • The mustache is cool bro.

And there is no such thing as a sclundrel
  • Presi
    12 posts Member
    Ban him
  • Your tired of people defending and people are tired of you complaining. It's evened out. We get it....your unhappy. Don't play it simple solution without all the complaining. Everyone wins
  • The mustache is cool bro.

And there is no such thing as a sclundrel

Not cool enough to make up for selling them out to the empire. Also a little rude but thank you for pointing out the spelling mistake.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Im f2p and the event is a cake walk. Case closed
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Dude lots of people have chewy maxed. (Shh don't tell anyone but he is pretty good at raids) actually most already know. We'll except you
  • Dozer5665 wrote: »
    Your tired of people defending and people are tired of you complaining. It's evened out. We get it....your unhappy. Don't play it simple solution without all the complaining. Everyone wins

That doesn't solve anything. This event was supposed to solve the credit crunch for everybody and only a select few can actually complete it.