The Scoundrel Event - Guide\Strats\Comments (Merged threads)

Replies

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    Dozer5665 wrote: »
    Your tired of people defending and people are tired of you complaining. It's evened out. We get it....your unhappy. Don't play it simple solution without all the complaining. Everyone wins

That doesn't solve anything. This event was supposed to solve the credit crunch for everybody and only a select few can actually complete it.

No. No.

1) "This event was supposed to solve the credit crunch for everyone." False. You may have wanted it to do that. But EA never stated "hey we are solving the credit crunch". This event reduces the credit crunch.

2) "Select Few can complete it." False. I beat this thing a beefy Lando and a pile of garbage. This is not a difficult event. You can beat it with F2P players, and you can do so without them being max level or gear. You may not have what you need, but that doesn't mean it's rare.

Also - why is it wrong if parts of the game have a challenge? Is the game you want to play one where EA just gives you all the coins and gear and shards and you just press the upgrade button on your character? That sounds great!
  • Chewy has use. Oh and Lando is flipping awesome. Pop him on a Phasma AOE build, or better yet a Reb build with AA. Lando Useless,lol. He was beast mode in Empire event and he carried my (left be low level but 7* ready) scoundrels through this event and netted me 1mil. This event rocks.

I actually said he was OP. Not useless.
  • The mustache is cool bro.

And there is no such thing as a sclundrel
    just be quiet please, no one is forcing you to play

Since they have $300 from me then yes I am forced to play. Plus I actually like this game. This event doesn't fit and doesn't work like they said it would at all.

That is a long time saving lunch money from mommy
  • My previous thread was moved to the megathread for this event. My thread does not belong there. This event is awful in nearly every respect. You need specific toons to participate, let alone complete. Your initial investment outweighs your long term investment by a long shot. Do they really expect me to dump 10 million credits into a team I will never use outside of this event. If they do then they have truley lost their marbles. Now I will not be responding to people defending this POS event becuase I've had enough of their sorry excuse of an argument. Simply getting Lando is not a solution to this event offering nothing that the game hadn't already provided. Also Chewy is a rare toon to see fully leveled becuase most people leave him alone once they get any better toons at around level 30. The fact that you have him at 6* or 7* is proof enough for me that you wasted a lot of credits and gear. I shouldn't have to invest 5 million credits into a toon like Lando that isn't cool and is OP that has gone under the radar by the community and the devs. Now please do not merge this into the megathread. I have it on copy ready to paste it again outside of the megathread.

You're special.
  • The event is fine. You need to probably dump 10 mil into scoundrel characters you don't need otherwise but that will pay itself back by September. It's a Long Con. You'll be hitting auto by October and complaining it's too easy. Remember that any credit relief for players over level 70 has to be a little restrictive and off the main obvious choices. Otherwise new players will never have credits as an impediment. Just think of players hitting a level after 60 and just having credits laying around to auto level their A,B, and C team all the way though 80 (or lord forbid 90/100). When they create a Jedi, Endor, droid, empire event they are giving upper level players "Free credits" and they need to restrict them to level 50+ Some how so it is only helping make up for credit inflation to level characters and not accelerating potential new whales that no longer need to spend money to set themselves apart.

I understand the need for restrictions but I absolutely don't agree with them. It's the age old argument, should people be allowed guns. If you heavily restrict the general people from a resource then the few that have access will be better than the people without access. If they allow everybody access then this levels the playing field. You would tell our Police that they aren't allowed guns when defending your neighborhood.
  • M9silent wrote: »
    This again? Just be quiet. No one cares about your opinion, at all. Th event is just fine. Go away and stop posting this trash. Seriously
    My thread you can leave.

Yeah, you're a special sunflower.

You have 500+ posts, maybe if you played more and whined less you'd have the toons you need?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Event that make you farm a specific synergy is great they give you a reason to farm toons you wouldn't use other wise me for instance now I have a full set of Rebels so believe me I will enjoy the next Empire event
  • Omg....wow!
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    M9silent wrote: »
    just be quiet please, no one is forcing you to play

Since they have $300 from me then yes I am forced to play. Plus I actually like this game. This event doesn't fit and doesn't work like they said it would at all.

That's it? Again, just be quiet, no one cares. People have spent way more than your sad little $300. Go away

My thread. You came here. You can leave. This is like you knocking on my front door and telling me to leave my house so you can sit on my couch. Some seriously alarming levels of intelligence here.

I can agree with that. Get out of your house so I can sit in your couch. You don't deserve it, and no one on wants to put up with you. Now be quiet, and quit complaining. This is a game about collecting heroes. You need to collect them for a specific event? Oh man. Empire Assault, Endor Moon Assault, Credit Heist, Yoda Event. Plenty of events that require specific heroes.

Seriously, be quiet and quit complaining or just quit the game and move on. Both would be acceptable. No one cares if you're upset or if you don't want to farm said heroes. Do it, or don't. But shut up about it. What a whiny entitled individual.
  • Phipps wrote: »
    It wasn't designed to fix credit crunch, it was designed to be better way get credits then the terrible events that preceded it.

Next, it's worth the investment in the long run, simple math

No, it wasn't either reasons.

It was an event for people who didn't chase the meta and invested into scoundrels because that's how they wanted to play the game.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    My previous thread was moved to the megathread for this event. My thread does not belong there. This event is awful in nearly every respect. You need specific toons to participate, let alone complete. Your initial investment outweighs your long term investment by a long shot. Do they really expect me to dump 10 million credits into a team I will never use outside of this event. If they do then they have truley lost their marbles. Now I will not be responding to people defending this POS event becuase I've had enough of their sorry excuse of an argument. Simply getting Lando is not a solution to this event offering nothing that the game hadn't already provided. Also Chewy is a rare toon to see fully leveled becuase most people leave him alone once they get any better toons at around level 30. The fact that you have him at 6* or 7* is proof enough for me that you wasted a lot of credits and gear. I shouldn't have to invest 5 million credits into a toon like Lando that isn't cool and is OP that has gone under the radar by the community and the devs. Now please do not merge this into the megathread. I have it on copy ready to paste it again outside of the megathread.

Once again here you go with this 10 million credit malarkey again....out of curiosity what arena team do you run?

Well now that I've heard your fantastic advise I run Ugnaught lead with Lando and Chewy. I now get #1 easy. Thanks for the OP exploit.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    @JediGhost117
    Dude you opened with (subject chewy)
    "The fact that you have him at 6* or 7* is proof enough for me that you wasted a lot of credits and gear."

Then say
    "I actually said he was OP. Not useless."

You sir in fact dont have a clue what you said...you still haven't answered what your arena squad is...
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    My previous thread was moved to the megathread for this event. My thread does not belong there. This event is awful in nearly every respect. You need specific toons to participate, let alone complete. Your initial investment outweighs your long term investment by a long shot. Do they really expect me to dump 10 million credits into a team I will never use outside of this event. If they do then they have truley lost their marbles. Now I will not be responding to people defending this POS event becuase I've had enough of their sorry excuse of an argument. Simply getting Lando is not a solution to this event offering nothing that the game hadn't already provided. Also Chewy is a rare toon to see fully leveled becuase most people leave him alone once they get any better toons at around level 30. The fact that you have him at 6* or 7* is proof enough for me that you wasted a lot of credits and gear. I shouldn't have to invest 5 million credits into a toon like Lando that isn't cool and is OP that has gone under the radar by the community and the devs. Now please do not merge this into the megathread. I have it on copy ready to paste it again outside of the megathread.

Once again here you go with this 10 million credit malarkey again....out of curiosity what arena team do you run?

Well now that I've heard your fantastic advise I run Ugnaught lead with Lando and Chewy. I now get #1 easy. Thanks for the OP exploit.

Do you actually read what peeps say or just make up what you want to hear...
  • @JediGhost117

Is this the first event since the start of the game you don't like or can't complete?

The devs lets us know in advance about this event. Why didn't you farm more scoundrel toons in preparation?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    This event does solve the credit crunch.

After you can complete it the rate at which you accumulate free credits is faster than the rate you accumulate free shards. This means credit wise you aren't falling further behind. This is good news. Back to where we were at L70 cap.

So if it takes you a 10 week investment to get to this point then that is pretty reasonable. Especially if you only Level Lando who will be useful on empire assault, AOE, and this.

Also do you resent dark side and light side missions as well as all challanges? Are you upset when a GW toon does and you don't get to use him in GW anymore? I am wondering how far you want to take no restrictions?
  • Finnien
    24 posts Member
    I see a lot of people defending the event and insulting the OP, but I have yet to see someone respond to my posts, or to post on their own, who is level 50-65 and happy with the event. A lot of people who are 75-80 and people with g11 Chewie are talking about how entitled or incompetent or whiny the people unhappy are. The level 50 event is NOT balanced for level 50 toons. I don't care about the level 70 event or the experience of endgame players. As a level 65 player, I feel cheated, manipulated, and lied to. And the posters here insulting the unhappy players just reinforces the feeling. I have yet to see a post like 'Well, my team does it fine, but I can sympathize with ...' or 'This event is easy for me, but I understand that someone who doesn't have character X or Y beefed up might feel ...'. This thread certainly doesn't do anything to inspire confidence in either the community or the developers as a leveling and relatively new player.
  • RonEmpire
    221 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Completed both T1 and T2 of event using:

CadBane lvl 60 (G7) 5star leadership skill 4.
    Chewie lvl 80 (G8) 6star
    Mob Enforcer lvl 61 (G7) 2star
    Greedo lvl 65 (G7) 3star
    Dengar lvl 60 (G7) 2star

Trick is to retry over and over until you get good RNG.
    Use chewie to taunt and heal when possible.
    Stun is good if u can stun. If something has a bomb on it and its almost dead. Don't waste attacks on it- let the bomb finish the guy off on his turn when bomb goes off.

Gotta make sure you have all 5 guys alive through the phase 2.

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Finnien wrote: »
    I see a lot of people defending the event and insulting the OP, but I have yet to see someone respond to my posts, or to post on their own, who is level 50-65 and happy with the event. A lot of people who are 75-80 and people with g11 Chewie are talking about how entitled or incompetent or whiny the people unhappy are. The level 50 event is NOT balanced for level 50 toons. I don't care about the level 70 event or the experience of endgame players. As a level 65 player, I feel cheated, manipulated, and lied to. And the posters here insulting the unhappy players just reinforces the feeling. I have yet to see a post like 'Well, my team does it fine, but I can sympathize with ...' or 'This event is easy for me, but I understand that someone who doesn't have character X or Y beefed up might feel ...'. This thread certainly doesn't do anything to inspire confidence in either the community or the developers as a leveling and relatively new player.

I think your complaint is valid. The lower tier should probay be easier. I think though until you are capped focusing on arena rank is far more important than chasing events. So even if it were easier it likely isn't a good strategy to spend the assets on scoundrels.
  • Finnien
    24 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I think your complaint is valid. The lower tier should probay be easier. I think though until you are capped focusing on arena rank is far more important than chasing events. So even if it were easier it likely isn't a good strategy to spend the assets on scoundrels.

Unfortunately I already spent 5 mil credits today, and have gotten nothing back. So the event that was supposed to help the credit crunch has made it worse for me.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Is Cad Bane lead viable for this event? I don't have lando yet, but feel a bit reluctant to get him because I need to work on Anakin for my arena team. So, I plan to use Bane lead as an alternative for Lando. The other will be

Chewie 4* gear 7 lvl 63
    Boba 4* gear 7 lvl 63
    Mob enforcer 2* gear 4 lvl 50
    Greedo 2* gear 5 lvl 50

Also plan to upgrade Mob and Greedo to 3* or 4* and gear 6/7.
  • Nikkalise
    102 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    3) Don't have 5 scoundrels? Sorry, that's on you. There have been whispers of a scoundrel event since January - and confirmation a week ago. I didn't have 5 scoundrels either. I was actually farming Lando for the Empire event because he was both Rebel and a scoundrel (more versatile than Luke). Boba and Greedo are easy farms.

I need to pay more attention to the forums. I have the site saved on my phone and computer but never really check them. Since I had no clue I couldn't get easy credits :-(. The life of playing too many games and not checking forums lol.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    I've still not seen this event. Where is it? When does it start?
  • Baaahhh! I hate this event soooo much. In the meantime I spent so many millions into those useless toons. Just now I gave in and spent another 2.5 millions and can hardly enter second round of tier 1. Such a **** event.
  • Baaahhh! I hate this event soooo much. In the meantime I spent so many millions into those useless toons. Just now I gave in and spent another 2.5 millions and can hardly enter second round of tier 1. Such a **** event.

False, I invested about 3 mil in it & have starting today, made my money back!

Mind you I always liked bane & Greedo & made both 7* anyways. So...
  • I've invested in this event some serious amount of credits and it definitely paid back. So far I managed to get 2,3m of credits and my team is:

- Lando (5*, 80lvl, g8) - I would need him for Rebel event, so it was really good decision to work on him. So far 5*, will be 7* soon - I work on him in cantina.
    - Chewie (6*, 80lvl, g8) - nice tank, I wanted to have him maxed also and I'm farming him from hard battles.
    - Cad Bane (7*, 80lvl, g7) - first of the characters I've been working only for this event. I've spend a lot to get him to 80lvl, but considering the credits I got back - it was worthy it, but I could do it with even lower level. I already had him at 7* because I completed all GW shipments.
    - Boba Fett (6*, 75lvl, g8) - second I farmed specially for this event, but I really like him and would focus on him this way or another. Same as with Chewie, I farm him from hard nodes only, cantina shipments is reserved for other toons.
    - Dengar (4*, 50lvl, g6) - he's the only one that normally doesn't survive till the end, but with the rest doing great and finishing T2 without any problems, I'll leave him as he is now, collecting his shards from the Guild shop from time to time (I've finished Luke, Rey and EE). With 5 shards more, he'll be 5* and I'll keep him like that for longer time (until I get 7* Jawa Engineer).

I simply can't understant people investing in Greedo/Mob Enforcer. These scoundrels listed above and much much better then these two.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Did it with Chewie G8, Han Solo G7, Dengar G7, Cad G6 and Fett G5 (all with the receiver mods with speed)
  • 1 just press auto and the mighty stace does the rest...
  • I've invested in this event some serious amount of credits and it definitely paid back. So far I managed to get 2,3m of credits and my team is:

- Lando (5*, 80lvl, g8) - I would need him for Rebel event, so it was really good decision to work on him. So far 5*, will be 7* soon - I work on him in cantina.
    - Chewie (6*, 80lvl, g8) - nice tank, I wanted to have him maxed also and I'm farming him from hard battles.
    - Cad Bane (7*, 80lvl, g7) - first of the characters I've been working only for this event. I've spend a lot to get him to 80lvl, but considering the credits I got back - it was worthy it, but I could do it with even lower level. I already had him at 7* because I completed all GW shipments.
    - Boba Fett (6*, 75lvl, g8) - second I farmed specially for this event, but I really like him and would focus on him this way or another. Same as with Chewie, I farm him from hard nodes only, cantina shipments is reserved for other toons.
    - Dengar (4*, 50lvl, g6) - he's the only one that normally doesn't survive till the end, but with the rest doing great and finishing T2 without any problems, I'll leave him as he is now, collecting his shards from the Guild shop from time to time (I've finished Luke, Rey and EE). With 5 shards more, he'll be 5* and I'll keep him like that for longer time (until I get 7* Jawa Engineer).

I simply can't understant people investing in Greedo/Mob Enforcer. These scoundrels listed above and much much better then these two.

Greedo's got double tap. Sure it might not proc as much as I'd like but when it does its oh so sweet! I use him in my GW B team as well which makes him okay'ish & he hits for about 3-5k on regular shots & 5-8k on crits x 2 = not bad damage output & that's without mods. Now if I were to say add crit chance mods to him... Hmmm, I wonder!?

Then we add his synergy with Dengar & hey presto, you have a winning team right there! As far as I remember, a thermal detonator is considered a negative status effect... Which helps a lot with Dengar & his basic attack which has a chance to call an assist & if the assist is a scoundrel, it's crits on both ends... Hmmm, see where I'm going here?
  • Having maxed out Lando's leader ability and plonked a bunch of crit. chance/damage mods on him (which have no doubt also helped with his speed), both tiers are a breeze. I decided to blow the credits I stockpiled on bringing him, from Level 72 to 80 and omega'ed his AoE. I might give him my next furnace (I've put droids to one side for the time being).

I still have the credits left over to 7* Ackbar and StH after gritting my teeth through a GW campaign (for which I wouldn't even need to complete node 12) and clearing this week's bounty hunter challenges.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Tuscan21
    514 posts Member
    I auto with 5 scoundrels all level 70 and g8.
  • Jimboe
    126 posts Member
    My toons in credit heist

Cad Bane 6*, L61, G7, decent moded
    Bobba Fett 5*, L59, G8, decent modded
    Chewie 5*, L66, G8, decent modded
    Nute Gunray, 5*, L58, G7, decent modded
    Greedo, 2*, L41,G5, unmoded

I can finish Tier 1 and Tier 2.
    Not spend too much for the toons, yet can achieve max result.