GAME UPDATE - 1/14/2016

Prev13456711
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited January 2016
Greetings Heroes,

The day is here that many of you have been waiting for, the level cap increase to 70! Along with the level cap increase comes new Light and Dark Side Battles, Cantina Battles and tiers of Challenges. These new stages will offer character shards available in the hard missions, as well as the new Cantina Battles.

Your characters will also have access to new Tiers of Gear as you level them up to 70.

Below you will find the levels that you will need to be in order to access these new Stages and Challenges, as well as the exact locations for character shards:

New Light Side Battles
- Stage 7 opens at player level 63 and includes 8 normal and 4 hard missions.
- Hard mission character shard drop locations:
  • 7-A: Finn
  • 7-B: Poe Dameron
  • 7-C: Ima-Gun Di
  • 7-D: Luke Skywalker

New Dark Side Battles
- Stage 7 opens at player level 67 and includes 8 normal and 4 hard missions.
- Hard mission character shard drop locations:
  • 7-A: Poe Dameron
  • 7-B: Rey
  • 7-C: Plo Koon
  • 7-D: Jedi Knight Anakin

New Cantina Battles
- Stage 5 unlocks at player level 61 and includes 7 new missions.
- Character shard drop locations:
  • 5-A: Luke Skywalker
  • 5-C: Finn
  • 5-E: Talia
  • 5-G: Clone Wars Chewbacca

- Stage 6 unlocks at player level 69 and includes 7 new missions.

- Character shard drop locations:
  • 6-A: Barriss Offee
  • 6-C: Kylo Ren
  • 6-E: Jedi Consular
  • 6-G: Count Dooku

New Challenges
- New tiers will unlock for all available challenges as players level from 60-70, offering greater rewards.

Additional Notes

- Credit Droids will no longer drop from daily login rewards or challenges, they will instead be replaced with their credit equivalent.
- Princess Leia has had her ability Hair Trigger fixed to match the description. There was previously a bug that would allow this ability to attack up to 4 times instead of the intended 3.
- The icons for Darth Maul’s abilities Raging Storm and Whirling Blades were incorrect and have now been swapped.
- Kylo Ren’s ability Ragged Cut can no longer apply a damage over time effect if the attack is dodged.
- Chewbacca will no longer taunt if he is the last standing character in a squad.

- The functionality of Retreat has been changed so that it behaves the same as force-quitting the app. While we understand that many players relied on Retreating as part of their strategy, ultimately there were two different ways to leave a battle that didn’t behave the same way (Retreating, and force-quitting the app). We decided that in order to keep the experience fair and consistent, we would change the behavior of Retreat to work the same as force-quitting.
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• You all should be able to reply here now, sorry that you couldn't before!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Question. What will happen with the existing credit droid in the player's inventory?
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    You all should be able to reply here now, sorry that you couldn't before!

Jesse is it probably that cantina characters shards from stage 5 are going to be replaced in the near future?
    People started complaining about them being repeated.
    Ally code 632-517-719
  • @Courier They should still be there for you to sell.
  • what about new characters? :(
  • nighttiger1
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    No yoda or general grevious? dang i got my hopes up :(
  • Did u patch the retreat strategy to GW?
  • Ixan
    10 posts Member
    Why not give us warning that you'd be releasing the update today at 2:00?
  • Ixan wrote: »
    Why not give us warning that you'd be releasing the update today at 2:00?

they did.
  • There will be new characters in a future update. Once I get the green light to share those details I'll post them on the forums.

@StormsShadow let me get some more information to reply to your question. I'll report back once I have more details.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    There will be new characters in a future update. Once I get the green light to share those details I'll post them on the forums.

@StormsShadow let me get some more information to reply to your question. I'll report back once I have more details.

Man you gotta love the costumer service in this game :) you guys answer so quickly!
  • Is it intentional that making shard rewards of 5A/C/E/G and 6C/E exactly the same as lower level one?
  • Ixan
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @EA_Jesse let me rephrase my question. Why did you not do an in game announcement that the update would be at 2 p.m.? this is the first time I've been on forums and the only reason why I'm on forums is because I lost all of my daily experience and didn't have a clue the update was dropping today.

want to know more and others upset about this view the discussion in bugs and issues about it.
  • Ponsig
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Rushing out new levels instead of characters who need to exist in this game
  • Well there's a use for repeating those shards in cantina IMO, not that its majorly significant....

those shards were previously all farmable in the early stages and give slightly less cantina credits per battle.
    now you get to farm those characters at higher cantina credits per battle rates
  • Wow more Luke shards... Screw Luke without saber... The cover of this game is him in empire and yoda is in the load screen yet neither of those characters are available... But ya we totally needed 10 more levels!!!
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Ixan wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse let me rephrase my question. Why did you not do an in game announcement that the update would be at 2 p.m.? this is the first time I've been on forums and the only reason why I'm on forums is because I lost all of my daily experience and didn't have a clue the update was dropping today.

want to know more and others upset about this view the discussion in bugs and issues about it.

Things change during patches. I doubt a in game announcement was the best way. They gave us fair warning yesterday and you had a warning last week as well
  • Ixan
    10 posts Member
    @Tak I didn't ask you now did I? Not all of us get on forums for a mobile game.

Too bad I'm so sorry for you...not really
  • Ixan
    10 posts Member
    @Rogerfan I'm sure the devs care about a paying customer for a free game. I'm not the only one upset about it that spends money on this gamr. That's revenue lost for the game if we decide not to spend anymore on this game. Just saying.
  • The degree of complain has not yet reached maximum. We must try harder! No! No try, do or do not.
  • I was disappointed at how quickly the level cap raise came after release. I started playing on Nov 29, haven't missed a single day of completing daily activities, and have had few periods where energy built up to the point I was losing it.

I hit 60 yesterday.

If that kind of time investment can only barely keep me ahead of the level limit, I'll have to reevaluate whether or not this game is intended for people like me. This has been a tremendous time investment for someone with a job and a family. I was really looking forward to finally getting to spend some time leveling the 20+ characters I have benched. But now I've got another month of grinding the same 7 or 8 characters I need just to keep up with arena and GW. I've got level 1 Old Ben, Poggle, QGJ, Leia, Boba Fett, and Kylo that I can't do anything with (pulled those last two 2 days ago at the same time! Talk about luck.)

If this is a one time deal and the next level cap raise will take several months, then I retract my complaint. But if we're going to have to grind out 10 more levels every 50 days, that doesn't sound fun. Give me a change to level this horde of awesome characters I've been lucky enough to pull.
  • Thnx for the info @EA_Jesse, got some leveling to do again

If you don't look for information don't complain when you don't get it. In any game if you want info, you Google it and look at forums and message boards. When fallout drops a DC do they announce it when you log in? Not usually. U gotta search
  • ReznorX wrote: »
    The degree of complain has not yet reached maximum. We must try harder! No! No try, do or do not.

Your wish is my command.

Rofl, what a jagoff. Guess what bruh, you aren't special you ****. There were messages last week in game, if you want more information frequent the forums. CG/EA did due diligence on this one.
  • I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't at level 61 to start. I was at level 60, max XP, now I'm at level 60, no XP. So Iost XP from the update.
  • Geddre wrote: »
    I was disappointed at how quickly the level cap raise came after release. I started playing on Nov 29, haven't missed a single day of completing daily activities, and have had few periods where energy built up to the point I was losing it.

I hit 60 yesterday.

If that kind of time investment can only barely keep me ahead of the level limit, I'll have to reevaluate whether or not this game is intended for people like me. This has been a tremendous time investment for someone with a job and a family. I was really looking forward to finally getting to spend some time leveling the 20+ characters I have benched. But now I've got another month of grinding the same 7 or 8 characters I need just to keep up with arena and GW. I've got level 1 Old Ben, Poggle, QGJ, Leia, Boba Fett, and Kylo that I can't do anything with (pulled those last two 2 days ago at the same time! Talk about luck.)

If this is a one time deal and the next level cap raise will take several months, then I retract my complaint. But if we're going to have to grind out 10 more levels every 50 days, that doesn't sound fun. Give me a change to level this horde of awesome characters I've been lucky enough to pull.

I think the issue isn't the time frame, but the lack of needed materials to train multiple characters. We need better ways to get training droids and ability mats and credits at high level. This way we can manage to do what you'd like to do, without making those who pull ahead get overly bored
  • I can see the logic in their thinking. 10 more levels and 4 new sets of NPC battles along with more gear to get. This is a fairly simple fix that keeps people busy so they keep playing. Meanwhile they have time now to work on the much more complicated character balances.

I just wish they'd hurry up and bring back subscriptions. I refuse to buy crystal packs, but I was buying a subscription weekly. Now they've lost that income instead of me spending more since I don't have sub option.
  • Ixan
    10 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    Ixan wrote: »

If you don't look for information don't complain when you don't get it. In any game if you want info, you Google it and look at forums and message boards. When fallout drops a DC do they announce it when you log in? Not usually. U gotta search

Then what is the point of in game announcements section? This game cannot be compared to a PC and console giant like fallout. They do not have the fan base to not announce stuff and let the people who do play the game know it's coming.

I will say it again this is a mobile game and not all mobile players will get on forums to check for an update drop that they sent an announcement about in game. So you assume that since they sent that in game they would let you know in game when it will drop.
This discussion has been closed.