Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Retreat still works it just resets the match, everyone is back to full health or whatever health you had when you started the match.
    Its pretty much is the same as result as force closing. I for one think it was a good idea, if a match doesnt go your, retreat and start again fresh. I lkke it. Plus no more complaints of force closing being cheating.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • I made it to the final battle today and then the patch hit. Now it's impossible to beat it because of no retreat. This is a bunch of bull, thanks EA! No more money from me you jagoffs. Sorry I spent what I have and the time I put into it.
  • Glad they fixed GW 8)
  • Nosnibor wrote: »
    It's a joke and if they'd have announced this **** move beforehand, I'd have made sure to finish GW before the update. As for anyone who says "it's a good thing" I wager you've already got the 20 GW completions achievement. Yet again the level 60+ win because they'll have the toons to keep on completing it and the rest of us will be left behind. The game was losing it's appeal for me anyway, this is just the final nail in the coffin.

Wrong. I've played every day since release. Only beat it once. When I saw people beating it by "exploiting" it made me mad and I wouldn't do it. I don't know how people that are f2p are able to clear it multiple times. So if you are going to cry and threaten to leave just take your last bit of dignity and leave.

Dignity? We're talking about an online game, you fool. I bow down to thee high and mighty who does not use retreat. Bollocks. Jog on and if you don't like my opinion don't read it :smiley:

I counter your opinion with mine. I forgot crying is more effective than hard work. Sorry they took away your shard farm. Maybe they will fix it for you.
  • It'll soon get changed back when they realise they're losing money. All these high and mighty "I don't use retreat because it's cheating" players probably don't put a penny into the game. Those who do should speak with their wallets and see who the devs agree with then.
  • It'll soon get changed back when they realise they're losing money. All these high and mighty "I don't use retreat because it's cheating" players probably don't put a penny into the game. Those who do should speak with their wallets and see who the devs agree with then.

The game is supposed to be played without putting a penny into it. Theoretically that is what "free to play" means. I've put just a little money in it but I don't call it cheating, just exploiting something that wasn't meant to be done.
  • Nicks075 wrote: »
    Retreat still works it just resets the match, everyone is back to full health or whatever health you had when you started the match.
    Its pretty much is the same as result as force closing. I for one think it was a good idea, if a match doesnt go your, retreat and start again fresh. I lkke it. Plus no more complaints of force closing being cheating.
    Nicks075 wrote: »

If this is true, how is that making GW more of a Challenge? It makes it even easier since now you can keep treating till RNG favours you lol... Dooku didn't double Stun? Retreat till he does, Daka didn't revive? Retreat till she does lol...
  • CharLieTao
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Everyone blame -> @Kaevad2000
  • So the changes aren't as bad as I thought, but this does make galactic war more difficult and now really rewards players who have a full roster.

New strategies now have to be used because you can't remove dots/debuffs/buffs by retreating since everything will be reset. As previously mentioned it's pretty much like force closing now. It will take a while to get used to, but I feel like this is how galatic war was meant to be played. Now we truly have to utilize multiple teams because once they die in a match, they are gone for good.

I still don't understand how they don't include this in the patch notes though. This is a pretty significant change. @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • NewEdition wrote: »
    It's not supposed to be easy. Suck it up and grind to get better toons.

GW is where everyone was telling me to go TO grind to get better toons. Except now it's apparently going to be impossible for F2P to complete, so there goes my best grinding option...
  • What happens if my a squad dies? does the enemy heal fully? or does the damage they received stay?
  • CharLieTao
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Some girl named @Kaevad2000 was whining too much and EA listened. Unbelievable.
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Guess it is best to keep rolling through gw with 3 healers... lumi, daka, JC, sid and dooku in my case...

If this is true, how is that making GW more of a Challenge? It makes it even easier since now you can keep treating till RNG favours you lol... Dooku didn't double Stun? Retreat till he does, Daka didn't revive? Retreat till she does lol...

Even if RNG favors you in one match, your toons will still be at lower health for the next match and all special abilities will be on cooldown. This requires a completely new strategy for GW
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I just cleared it, seems to me that the retreat option is based upon turns before it saves when you retreat. Example, I blew up Dooku after a round of turns including heal. When Han used his taunt. I retreated, when I returned to battle Dooku was still dead and exactly at the previous state before retreating. If you retreat after fewer moves it seems to revert back like a force close. My two cents at least.
  • dc2484 wrote: »
    What happens if my a squad dies? does the enemy heal fully? or does the damage they received stay?

I'm assuming the damage they received stays or this would be incredibly unbalanced. I'm too scared to try it though as I don't want to lose anyone for my GW right now lol
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Anraeth wrote: »
    I just cleared it, seems to me that the retreat option is based upon turns before it saves when you retreat. Example, I blew up Dooku after a round of turns including heal. When Han used his taunt. I retreated, when I returned to battle Dooku was still dead and the last state. If you retreat after fewer moves it seems to revert back like a force close. My two cents at least.

So killing a enemy toon is permanent?
  • Andrew wrote: »

Even if RNG favors you in one match, your toons will still be at lower health for the next match and all special abilities will be on cooldown. This requires a completely new strategy for GW

Depends, you could load up on healers and stunners and keep the team locked down with the help of RNG every time. Daka will be vital for everyone now, opening a fight with a double stun is an amazing way to begin every fight and severally limits the chance of receiving too much dmg.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Anraeth wrote: »
    I just cleared it, seems to me that the retreat option is based upon turns before it saves when you retreat. Example, I blew up Dooku after a round of turns including heal. When Han used his taunt. I retreated, when I returned to battle Dooku was still dead and the last state. If you retreat after fewer moves it seems to revert back like a force close. My two cents at least.

So killing a enemy toon is permanent?

If what he says is true, then yes but ONLY after a set amount of turns. Anyone else experience this?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    922943.jpg

I love how people just jump to all kinds of conclusions before the new function has even been properly tested, going all out saying "I'm quitting", "I'm never paying for anything again" and whatnot.
  • Hey this is a bug. I went and tested it. Retreat does do as said it returns you back to where it was. I healed Luke and retreated to pull him out so I could put in weaker to reset my Lum heal cooldown, and when I did it was like the heal never happened.

This is a bug though folks. I have not gotten the cap increase yet, so my games not updated yet so I think this is a bug/glitch.

@EA_Jesse any insight on if this is bug or intended?

Sounds good to me.

And they really can't "fix" force close unless they create a mid-match cloud saved game after every turn, which they will never do.

But what happens if your squad dies? Is the enemy squad reset when you bring in your next squad?
  • I can't figure out how it works. I think maybe if you retreat after each team has 2 rounds of turns then it whatever happened is kept but if you retreat before then it resets.
  • Andrew wrote: »

Depends, you could load up on healers and stunners and keep the team locked down with the help of RNG every time. Daka will be vital for everyone now, opening a fight with a double stun is an amazing way to begin every fight and severally limits the chance of receiving too much dmg.

Plausible in theory, but we all know how RNG goes lol. At this rate you'll be retreating everytime RNG doesn't go right for you and GW will take an entire day.
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    I recently completed my frist GWs... 10 times in 12 last days.
    I find this patch was needed and make it more challenging...
    But im lvl 56. How the hell Im supposed to beat lvl 60 guys one round and another? The chance of completing it is 0% now.
    Twice or nothing isnt it?
  • The retreat do cancel enemy buffs was not in the spirit of the game... seriously if you think it was you are just silly. Same goes for retreating to swap people around to heal, this game had the easiest GW ever becaue of it. I could get the same effect throwing team scrub to die anyhow. You actually have to fight the enemy team instead of the enemy teams basic attacks only with no buffs or debuff now.

It is true since i tried it. I never said in my post that it makes the game easier or harder. It does however make it free from exploits and cheating. The retreat cancelling debuffs was an exploit, force closing was considered by many cheating, both issues taken care of.
    I dont see why anyone has a problem with this, as you said you can keep retreating untill you get through the match in your favor. I guess people just need something to waa waa waaa about.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Hey this is a bug. I went and tested it. Retreat does do as said it returns you back to where it was. I healed Luke and retreated to pull him out so I could put in weaker to reset my Lum heal cooldown, and when I did it was like the heal never happened.

This is a bug though folks. I have not gotten the cap increase yet, so my games not updated yet so I think this is a bug/glitch.

@EA_Jesse any insight on if this is bug or intended?

Seems more like a new mechanic and not a bug. Mostly everyone has the patch by now, myself included. However, it is true that it wasn't in the patch notes, which is a complete oversight on the devs part.

Because you actually have to deal with sid/vader s dots poggle/phasma buffs, tunts, obi was debuff etc. Things just ignored previously because I'd just back out.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I have to agree taking retreat out is absolute crap while leaving FC. I'll not spend any more money either. I was waiting to spend my few hundred for the weekend until I saw what updates were done. I'm glad I did. It is close to time to move on with how they are doing things.

To be honest, there is not much they can do about FC. There would be a larger outcry if you automatically failed on an a force close. And the majority of players do not know about the Force Close option. Most players outside of the more dedicated people that visit the forums don't even know about the retreat option.
    That is probably about 60%+ of the player-base.

I did just test a retreat on the first battle after taking out two people and it did reset the battle. That will make the GW much more of a challenge. I'll hold my judgement until I do a few.