QGJ Nerf

Replies

• Bigal
    85 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Many people didn't use Poe. He got a Nerf funny.
    Post edited by attrimap on
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    QGJ is not breaking the game. He is one of the best dispel characters in a meta filled with taunts. That's not a reason for nerfs.

It's a reason for buffs. Other dispels are virtually unplayable because of poor kits and/or AI. Take Mace and Asajj Ventress for example, both plagued with underpowered kits and brainless AI that can't use the kits they have.

Character diversity can be better achieved by making underplayed characters better than by making playable characters unplayable. Nerfs should only be used in the case of characters and features that are actually breaking the game and limiting future design space.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Bigal wrote: »
    Many people didn't use Poe you ****. He got a Nerf funny.

They didn't use him because they didn't have him unlocked yet. Only reason.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    What is needed is an alternative debuffer who is effective at non max gear

Mace should be improved to provide an alternative. Or teebos scanner should be equipable at gear ix instead of the droid caller
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    What is needed is an alternative debuffer who is effective at non max gear

Mace should be improved to provide an alternative. Or teebos scanner should be equipable at gear ix instead of the droid caller

Not that anyone really looks at the Character Feedback section, but with some tuning Asajj could be a real viable option as well. I pitched something in this thread:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50040/asajj-ventress-rework/

But there are plenty of characters with a dispel, its just most of the f2p options are woefully underpowered.
  • Bigal
    85 posts Member
    That's what I am saying if only a few people had QGJ more people would be on my side.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    That's what I am saying if only a few people had QGJ more people would be on my side.

While that is true, it wouldn't make them right. People are self interested by nature, and nerfing what you dont have or what hurts your team immediately screams to that instinct.

I'm trying to say that while yes QGJ is strong, nothing he does actually breaks the game and other characters should be brought up in power instead of QGJ being brought down in power.
  • SithAuno wrote: »
    No character need nerfs. Please stop this ****

Saying no characters needs nerfs might win stupid comment of the day. I agree that QGJ is incredibly balanced but to say every character is balanced is ludicrous. If that's true why aren't Clone Sergeants in arena teams? Or Mob Enforcer?
  • Bigal
    85 posts Member
    You r saying that the dispelling of positive status effects should not be resistible
  • Bigal
    85 posts Member
    Seems like something easily resistible much like stun Dot Tm reduction
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member

A few people have Sun Fac, don't have him but i don't want him nerfed. Because i am against nerfs. Unless that character really is in fact OP.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    SithAuno wrote: »

Saying no characters needs nerfs might win **** comment of the day. I agree that QGJ is incredibly balanced but to say every character is balanced is ludicrous. If that's true why aren't Clone Sergeants in arena teams? Or Mob Enforcer?

There are clone sargents on arena teams. On clone teams they are quite good.

In general a toon should only be needed if they prevent other toons from being used.

Right now RG/Rey/qG are overused at 70% of teams in top 10. However that doesn't mean they should be neefed. It means credible FTP alternatives should be brought along.

Leia should balance Rey over the next few weeks so it will be interesting to watch her numbers.
    QG needs an alternative and RG needs an alternative for defemse. Han is great on offense.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    SithAuno wrote: »

Saying no characters needs nerfs might win **** comment of the day. I agree that QGJ is incredibly balanced but to say every character is balanced is ludicrous. If that's true why aren't Clone Sergeants in arena teams? Or Mob Enforcer?

Clone Sarge is in Arena in some team comps. As for Mob Enforcer...think you might confusing the word 'nerf' with the word 'buff'. Unless you think ME needs a nerf?
  • No nerfs

Only buffs to bring up unused toons to the level of used toons
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    And making dispel resistible would only reinforce RG/Han/Sun Fac tank meta. So it's fine the way it is.
  • Everybody seems to think that their should be no nerfs and only want buffs. There are so many underperforming toons in this game that the amount of time it would take to balance out the game that way would be tremendous. Think about how long it took just to rework JKA.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    ClifPaul3 wrote: »
    Everybody seems to think that their should be no nerfs and only want buffs. There are so many underperforming toons in this game that the amount of time it would take to balance out the game that way would be tremendous. Think about how long it took just to rework JKA.

There's time...this game version is not even 1.0 yet.
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    I rank no1 I I don't use him.
    Although I am leveling him for yoda.
    But at moment any team can be beat. It is dependent on gear level. So we need gear not nerfs
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ludicrous! QGJ is not in need of nerf and he is not needed to succeed. QGJ is a great F2P toon available to anyone. Sun Frac and Rex are both stronger than he is and teams that have these toons, do not utilize QGJ.

Quit trying to ruin this game for F2P players.
  • close this thread.
  • Chaxis
    40 posts Member
    He may have decent abilities but from my experience his attks have no power in them,he doesn't nerfing.
  • Bigal wrote: »
    He is the only character in need of one. He is a healer gains tm on hit calls assists and gives offense up. The only thing he can't do is stun (hopefully not giving the devs any ideas here). You need him to be able to compete, I have him but it's just not fun that he is a requirement to succeed. The devs need to change this to make the game better. Who likes seeing the same teams everytime? @EA_Jesse

They should start suspending people from the forums when tagging devs over silky things.

You don't need him to succeed. I'm in the 20s-30s every day and don't use him. I've crept into the single digits again a few times but don't want the extra work of maintaining that position.

He's a good all around utility toon. Balanced fairly well frankly.

And as far as stuns go, all toons should get the ability to stun on an exceptional crit in my opinion. (Imagine the nerf rey now posts lol)
  • Is this post for real? This is a joke right .... it has to be!
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    LAWDAMERCY, this again?

Knock it off with nerf talks

+11
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    He is the only character in need of one. He is a healer gains tm on hit calls assists and gives offense up. The only thing he can't do is stun (hopefully not giving the devs any ideas here). You need him to be able to compete, I have him but it's just not fun that he is a requirement to succeed. The devs need to change this to make the game better. Who likes seeing the same teams everytime? @EA_Jesse

If you post your roster and favorite character, so hundreds of us can start threads to nerf him and all of them, I'll agree with you.

• This is just a troll thread dont give in to OP's game
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Late December shard and I have never used QGJ and I never fall out of the top 100. And if I actually care enough to really battle, I can easily be top 50 or top 30. I'm content with top 100 though so I don't care. And I do just fine without QGJ and have no problems beating a QGJ team. Honestly, I think he's kind of weak. I target him in arena. He hits like a wet noodle. If my toons have buffs, I'll stun or ability block him. Then take him out.
  • From top to bottom, QGJ is one of the most well-balanced characters in the game. And he is accessible to everyone.

Now start a new thread about Rey needing a nerf so we can destroy that one too (I kid, please don't do this... please?).
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member

You're not getting it, Bigal! Exactly like medetec said. You don't want to nerf (break) a toon like qgj who is working well. You want to bring toons like mace and assaj up to his level, balancing the out, so you have more Diversity and options. Think about it: Nerf qgj and drop him down to mediocre status like assaj and mace? Or, buff assaj and mace on par with qgj so they will actually be used? It's not hard! It's common sense! Oy vey