Don't rely on Tenacity Down

I just used Dengar in Training Droids challenge, and used Advantage from Phasma to confirm the debuff, and it does not work. Bobba is still resisting debuffs. Just a warning for all.

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Yes, but, the challenges may have higher % resistances than proper toons. They are also immune to certain debuffs. It's better to test in GW/PvP instead of scripted challenges
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    According to reddit, a dev said dengars tenacity down is supposed to be irresistable. Take with grain of salt
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »
    According to reddit, a dev said dengars tenacity down is supposed to be irresistable. Take with grain of salt

Haha. Like, you know, Vader's irresistable undodgable basic attack vs jedi :)
  • Toukai wrote: »
    Haha. Like, you know, Vader's irresistable undodgable basic attack vs jedi :)

Exactly
  • While playing around with Dengar in GW, I used Bane's stun glove on a tencity down'd target, but the target still resisted the TM down effect.
  • Toukai wrote: »
    Yes, but, the challenges may have higher % resistances than proper toons. They are also immune to certain debuffs. It's better to test in GW/PvP instead of scripted challenges

It was Slow, which I've landed on him before. Besides, immunities don't say resisted in my experience.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I'm curious to see once he's starred up enough how it works in raids... Phasma guarantee crit with advantage and Dengar putting tenacity down on the rancor... Will he resist TM removal?
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    You can never be sure something is working 100% correctly anyway.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I am definitely seeing resists happening to different degrees on enemies with tenacity down.

A few observations using a 5 star dengar lvl 80 77% potency.

I have not seen Tenacity Down get resisted yet.

Resist rates are definitely less frequent with Tenacity Down applied. Have been testing using low potency toons like Sid and FOTP. Currently it feels like it is a -%tenacity mechanic. Despite the debuff description.

The screenshot below shows FOTP (0 potency) getting a resist.

EETR1qd.jpg

@EA_Jesse can we please get confirmation whether this is WAI or a bug? Thanks.
  • 5* Dengar already?
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Josh_K Tenacity is what resists effects, not Potency. Also, That screenshot is showing QGJ resisting an effect, not FOTP. Maybe you got the wrong shot?

D'oh, nevermind. I see what you're saying now.
  • Have been playing around with it a bit. It seems pretty unpredictable. The most disappointing thing I've seen so far is a 24% tenacity ventress with tenacity down resisting a 62% potency Kylo.

I can only conclude there is a chance to resist regardless of tenacity and potency. Like what happens with dodge.
  • Have been playing around with it a bit. It seems pretty unpredictable. The most disappointing thing I've seen so far is a 24% tenacity ventress with tenacity down resisting a 62% potency Kylo.

I can only conclude there is a chance to resist regardless of tenacity and potency. Like what happens with dodge.

Even then, though, the debuff is broken, since it reads "Never resists negative status effects" not "Tenacity drops to 0" that'd be like if a debuff read "never dodges attacks" and one were to conclude there's a natural chance to dodge indipendent. It just doesn't match what we see as the effect. Simply: either change what the debuff says, or make it work properly