Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Pretty sure this is a bug not part of the update. So many chicken littles on thus forum.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    922943.jpg

I love how people just jump to all kinds of conclusions before the new function has even been properly tested, going all out saying "I'm quitting", "I'm never paying for anything again" and whatnot.

Right? Everybody goes by the same game mechanics as everybody else, so I can't possibly understand how this can be construed as unfair. I'm happy despite that it will mean less rewards for me. It will mean less rewards for everybody except the top spenders which is perfectly fine. The simple fact is that retreating and/or force closing essentially rendered AI tanks AND support characters like Ben 100% useless, and that is/was just super lame.

• pay2win wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is a bug not part of the update. So many chicken littles on thus forum.

Based on what though?
  • I would just like to give a big eff you to the **** whiners on these forums. Beyond the loss of being able to heal units to make it through Galactic Wars, which will be impossible now, the ability to retreat gave us the chance to test out different builds and interactions of units. This was THE most creative aspect of the game. It is ruined now. Something really important to note here as well is the knee **** reaction the devs have to the whining on here; they will nerf things that do not need to be nerfed because people have not put the time or effort into figuring things out. I honestly do not understand the complaining about the retreat option. It was a benefit, not a cheat, to really playing with strategy and ingenuity. Thanks ****; thanks.
  • To say I'm angry about this is an understatement. @EA_Jesse @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_JohnSalera Why wasn't this change documented? What are you thinking?

To see comments made by CG/EA staff after the Barriss nerf saying that we'll get more transparency, then something HUGE like this, means my confidence in these two companies is now nonexistant. We're obviously never going to get that dev Q&A if this is the kind of garbage they're willing to roll out without talking about it.

Well, I'd been spending too much money on this game lately anyway. Thanks for giving me an awesome reason to tighten the purse strings, I guess.

Edit: Not only does this completely screw current players and p2w'ers, it disproportionately affects those that have just started or are f2p. Good job pushing away all your prospective customers, and angering all the ones you already have. I seriously can't believe this.

Yes, yes and some more effing yes. Hey, that $200 I spent today, expect that not to happen again. You guys just cannot be trusted.
  • Eaywen wrote: »
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Retreat still works it just resets the match, everyone is back to full health or whatever health you had when you started the match.
    Its pretty much is the same as result as force closing. I for one think it was a good idea, if a match doesnt go your, retreat and start again fresh. I lkke it. Plus no more complaints of force closing being cheating.
    Retreat still works it just resets the match, everyone is back to full health or whatever health you had when you started the match.
    Its pretty much is the same as result as force closing. I for one think it was a good idea, if a match doesnt go your, retreat and start again fresh. I lkke it. Plus no more complaints of force closing being cheating.

If this is true, how is that making GW more of a Challenge? It makes it even easier since now you can keep treating till RNG favours you lol... Dooku didn't double Stun? Retreat till he does, Daka didn't revive? Retreat till she does lol...

Because you actually have to deal with sid/vader s dots poggle/phasma buffs, tunts, obi was debuff etc. Things just ignored previously because I'd just back out.

Retreating also got rid of your buffs and dots and debuffs on the enemy. You had to decide if you wanted to wipe your benefits to eliminate the enemy's. It's called "Strategy"
  • So to stop people cheating and force closing, they've made it "legal" and instead punished the rest of us by taking away the "legal" tactic we use. Interesting idea. Now got to come up with a completely new tactic to try beat gw (which I've never done despite being lvl60).
  • Andrew wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    Pretty sure this is a bug not part of the update. So many chicken littles on thus forum.

Based on what though?

Playing the game. I've retreated from GW after this update and it worked the same as before. It also has a chance to restart the whole match with everyones health the same as when you first began. Just like when it has been force closed.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @CrossXcalibur But with retreat seeming to reset a battle completely, it seems like we now have a perfect sandbox mode?

If indeed this is what has happened. This whole discussion is presently based solely on conjecture. May be a little early to start the flame war?
  • Hoat
    11 posts Member
    Retreat does work, from my experiences just now it simply resets the game to the last position you either did a restart from, that's either the beginning (if you have not retreated already) or to the last retreat point. I have had my killed toons come back just the same way theirs did and at the last save health level. At least you can still swap toons out this way which I think is the point they want retreat used for.

I completed GW earlier, it was just not as easy as before and needed more thought because simply retreating to remove an enemy buff (eg cheewie taunt) now makes you think about the other consequences. I can see why some people don't like it though as with a lesser roster of players it's now definitely harder.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    pay2win wrote: »

Hope you are right. This would severely mess with newer players far more than me. I have almost everything I needed from GW.. Until they add more toons
  • This works exactly like the GW equivalent in every other game I play. It's supposed to be a puzzle to figure out not an annoyance to manipulate and drudge though by retreat 45 times a day so yor at max health between mission to get your free daily loots. I am relieved that I will spend 30 minutes less a day messing with the pick my team screen in gw.
  • This is a devastating change for the f2p and small cashers. Difficulty in GW is getting tougher as it is considering most teams have numerous stars on each toon, most benches wont be able to keep up to clear unless starred and geared after this change.
  • Personally i think GW is bugged. First off i got into a match vs a level 1 Poe, and Poe only. Then i fought the next match, only to find out that retreating resets the match. But then my Luminara got killed, and i retreated, she was still dead. It's really weird wat is going on now and I don't think it's working as intended.
    Creator of Dutch Bier Alliance [DBA] - Come and join if you're Dutch. More casual/low level? Come join Dutch Bier Alliance Academy [DBAA]
  • This will make it impossible when you get to the stage where you are dealing with full 7* purple geared teams I'm every battle from 6 onwards.

The stupid thing about GW is the stronger your team becomes the more difficult it gets, but there rewards don't increase in line with the difficulty.

GW is easy when you are below max level or have a rubbish roster, but once you have a good roster it becomes incredibly difficult.
  • This is horse c.r.ap. sneaking this in without mentioning it in the patch notes is bush league garbage.

There was, what, like one or two window lickers asking for this change, and literally nobody else wanted it. Way to go, developers.
  • Terrible Change.
    How are you supposed to heal anyone now, especially if multiple healers are in bad shape from the last battle and their cool downs are waiting to reset?

It was good strategy before to take someone out as they got low and bring them back when it was relatively safer to drop a heal before the battle ended, preparing for the next fight. Also getting some cool downs ready for the next battle was very important. Maybe if your whole team reset its cool downs as well for winning the fight that would help a bit, but as far as i can see that's not the case either.

Now it seems to be, you can beat the squad with 5 guys who may be in seriously bad shape at the end or you can't. Good luck getting them healed in the next fight before they get aoe'd off the board. Oh retreat and try some other comp for the next fight? Great now you have more wounded people who will never be safely healed and your campaign may be practically over.

Whoever is happy with this change, good for you. I'm sure a lot more people are disappointed by it. It felt smart and rewarding to keep adapting to the changes in the battle by subbing in the right people at the right time. I'll agree it was a little cheesy to retreat to wipe taunts or debuffs but the trade off of not being able to retool your squad mid battle to swing things in your favor for the next fight feels crappy.

I just went through two battles, lost some key units and feel lousy about trying to continue at this point.
    Yes I retreated multiple times to try and RNG my way to a better outcome each fight but the bottom line is within one or two tough fights you can easily have several important units in a unrecoverable state where they instantly die anytime you try and use them in future battles where as before you had a chance to time some cool downs and swap in a healer to bounce back and continue on.

I guess we'll adjust but man, I don't like it at all.

• What a **** joke, it was really hard even with retreat and force quit, now it's impossible.
  • I just passed GW. It's definitely harder, but I still passed without losing a single character. And I don't even have that strong of a team. 7* Lumi, 6* HK-47, 5* JC, 5* GS, and 4* Poe. The teams I faced were similar in strength as normal.

I retreated twice. From what I can see, retreat is exactly the same as force quitting now.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    And the thunder rolls......
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Eaywen wrote: »

If this is true, how is that making GW more of a Challenge? It makes it even easier since now you can keep treating till RNG favours you lol... Dooku didn't double Stun? Retreat till he does, Daka didn't revive? Retreat till she does lol...

Because you actually have to deal with sid/vader s dots poggle/phasma buffs, tunts, obi was debuff etc. Things just ignored previously because I'd just back out.

Retreating also got rid of your buffs and dots and debuffs on the enemy. You had to decide if you wanted to wipe your benefits to eliminate the enemy's. It's called "Strategy"

This is shenanigans and oure sarah palin style whargarble and you know it 100% of the time it was better to retreat after poggle used his thing regardless of our own buffs. In fact 100% of the time you diddnt use your buffs yet because you are smart enough to know after they do it your gonna retreat. At no point has someone gone man should I eat the 4 or 5 dots on all my people so I can keep a dodge up and an advatage.
  • I tried to retreat twice. The first time my Chewbacca was clinging to life so I retreated and was surprised to see Chewie had gained about half of his life. Also, I had knocked out the Darth Sidious on the opponents team and he did not return. Finally an opponent Jawa that had half health was back to full health. I chalked this up to some weird glitch.

In the final match, I knocked out the opponent Darth Sid and then lost my Chewie. A worthy trade. When my JC was immediately put in the red, I retreated to slow things down. However, when I did this, everyone returned at full health including Chewie and the enemy Sid! Something weird going on here!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    And the thunder rolls......

And the lighting strikes!!! (read in twang)
  • I just passed GW. It's definitely harder, but I still passed without losing a single character. And I don't even have that strong of a team. 7* Lumi, 6* HK-47, 5* JC, 5* GS, and 4* Poe. The teams I faced were similar in strength as normal.

I retreated twice. From what I can see, retreat is exactly the same as force quitting now.

I call ****. If people are able to compllete it without losing a char I'm packing this in right now. Its supposed to be proportionate to your lvl so i find that unlikely pal.
  • They knew this would make people angry so they just snidely fail to mention it in the patch notes. As if we wouldn't immediately notice they just ruined the most significant content in the game.

I'm sitting here shaking my head.
  • So I'm level 52 and went against a team with 4 level 60 purple toons in match 9. And i got there by going against some teams that had me outleveled in lower matches. I used retreat before the patch to even get to 9.

So how can I possibly complete this? So now I can't use any strategy to advance, only buy packs to try and get to level 60?

And how much money and/or time will that take? If it stays this way I'm out of here and will start playing a game that's not this biased to people that don't spend thousands of dollars. People that are ptw are already so far ahead of anyone else that this is ridiculous.
  • They knew this would make people angry so they just snidely fail to mention it in the patch notes. As if we wouldn't immediately notice they just ruined the most significant content in the game.

By finally adding a challenge to the game. They ruined it.
  • This is really **** me off, they've now made completing GW virtually impossible. Well **** done, EA.

You retreat after killing 2 of the enemy and it resets, you retreat after 2 of your guys die and it doesn't reset instead they stay dead. **** this game, they won't be getting another penny out of me unless they fix this ****.

Wrong.

I was on my last 2 battles in GW. RNG went against me and before I knew it 3 of my characters were dead while just 1 of the ai. Retreated came back in, and it just reset the battle all ai characters where alive, and all 5 of mine were alive.

Seeing how my characters also came back I expect this to be a bug
  • Retreat completely resets the entire battle. Your side and theirs. It is exactly like force close now.

I've tested it 10+ times in GW since the update.

It's a bit harder but I still got through it. I have faith in you guys.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    They knew this would make people angry so they just snidely fail to mention it in the patch notes. As if we wouldn't immediately notice they just ruined the most significant content in the game.

I find this HIGHLY unlikely. Simply because it would be such a stupid move. Either this is unintentional, and will be changed, or this was intended and they missed it in the patch notes. Third option, it was intended but by mistake got implemented too soon and they haven't had the chance to release a patch note for it.