GAME UPDATE - 1/14/2016

Replies

• If they Fix the Retreat button on Galactic War I'm going to delete this game. Galactic War is already Frustrating enough.
  • Guys chill Im sure in the near future they will add characters on hard notes/cantina. Some are already worrying it goes too fast where this game soft launched in november and global in december. A lot have reached 60 and were waiting for this. No matter what happens people always think it's too soon or too late. Let's enjoy the new content and don't worry about our pvp ranking for a while. I don't see how it can be "fast" when 90% of the game is pve and the 10% that is pvp is pvAI (percentage based on nothing but making a point).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @EA_Jesse
    so leia is now more under control, question regarding tie pilot. is it intended for him to be able to attack up to 3 times? it doesn't happen too often but I've seen it both from other players tie pilots and from my own. there was a post I read suggesting how a couple players thought it was being caused.....just curious :)
  • Ponsig wrote: »
    Wow more Luke shards... Screw Luke without saber... The cover of this game is him in empire and yoda is in the load screen yet neither of those characters are available... But ya we totally needed 10 more levels!!!

Qq more. No one cares.
  • I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't at level 61 to start. I was at level 60, max XP, now I'm at level 60, no XP. So Iost XP from the update.

Why would you be at 61? Jesus, this is like saying you should have got a 2016 car for free since you owned a 2015...
  • Did the updated did something with the retreat button strategy in GW?
  • tiS wrote: »
    You say update is out but it says my player is maxed at 60 wont allow me to level up past 60

you need to level up first then you'll be able to level up your character.
  • Repeat characters in cantina make sense to me because they offer better prizes other than shard drop at higher levels. For example I was close to level 6* Luke but chose to farm Kylo to 6* from 4* because the higher level Kylo would drop Purple ability material also.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Is there some point to having two Cantina options for the same character that is just completely eluding me?

Well those from the first missions get a reduced amount of shipment tokens (like it is less efficient) so I guess that is one point...you can farm shards and get more shipments.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Wispsi wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Is there some point to having two Cantina options for the same character that is just completely eluding me?

Well those from the first missions get a reduced amount of shipment tokens (like it is less efficient) so I guess that is one point...you can farm shards and get more shipments.

Yes and better other drops too I suppose. Still, what a waste, given how many characters don't have Cantina missions. Really a shame.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Ponsig wrote: »
    Wow more Luke shards... Screw Luke without saber... The cover of this game is him in empire and yoda is in the load screen yet neither of those characters are available... But ya we totally needed 10 more levels!!!

I ageree.
  • On the bright side .. easy 7* Dookus for everyone now!
    Ty for the infos Jesse
  • ''easy dooku's'' until we see that it's 20 energy to farm the node once :hushed:
  • I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't at level 61 to start. I was at level 60, max XP, now I'm at level 60, no XP. So Iost XP from the update.

Why would you be at 61? Jesus, this is like saying you should have got a 2016 car for free since you owned a 2015...

After reaching level 60 your XP meter started to fill towards the end. Before the update it was full, now it's empty. They've effectively taken away an entire level (unintentionally) from everyone.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • This update sucks, you get rid of the retreat benefit in GW. You dont put in ANY new characters. The new squad cantina battle shards are already characters we could have done in cantina like luke jc talia chewy finn. This is a very disappointing update because you decided to repeat the characters in cantina so there are no good characters like rey or fotp. You arent making the game better by putting the same battles in, you just want us to buy the good characters so you can make more money. I am really disappointed, please change the characters so we dont have a repeat of the characters WE CAN ALREADY GET!
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

New Cantina Battles
    - Stage 5 unlocks at player level 61 and includes 7 new missions.
    - Character shard drop locations:
    • 5-A: Luke Skywalker
    • 5-C: Finn
    • 5-E: Talia
    • 5-G: Clone Wars Chewbacca

- Stage 6 unlocks at player level 69 and includes 7 new missions.

- Character shard drop locations:
    • 6-A: Barriss Offee
    • 6-C: Kylo Ren
    • 6-E: Jedi Consular
    • 6-G: Count Dooku

Ok so I am going to bet that the repeats change in the next update. Luke will change to jedi Luke, Chewie to another chewie, JC to new Jedi (Shaak Ti hopefully), Talia a new darkside healer, Kylo to Husk, and Finn to Yoda. What do you think chances better or worse than the power ball.
  • Why did you have to fix the retreat function
  • I posted in one of the GW retreat specific threads, but I'll add it here, not that @EA_Jesse has updated the update post.

@CG_AaronNemoyten the problem with treating retreat the same as force quitting is that retreat actually had strategic benefit...for example, you could retreat toward the end of the battle and come back in with just one or two characters whose cooldowns you wanted to burn through while taking out the last opponent. A far, far, far better and more strategic approach would have been to institute a numerical limit on retreats. It would have forced players to make choices about when debuffs were worth getting rid of, when toons were worth subbing in/out. This is just a horribly blunt solution.

I say all of this as someone with 12 purple geared level 60 characters who regularly faces very challenging GW battles starting at the 5th battle.

I think in light of this change to retreat, you really need to revisit how matches are made in GW. I think the completion rate is going to plummet as a result of this.
  • How does EA get away with updating this game outside of the Play Store? Updating apps outside of the Play Store is against Google Play policies.

"An app downloaded from Google Play may not modify, replace or update its own APK binary code using any method other than Google Play’s update mechanism" - excerpt from: https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html.

Is this app just a browser, and all the content is web-based?
  • Repeat characters in cantina make sense to me because they offer better prizes other than shard drop at higher levels. For example I was close to level 6* Luke but chose to farm Kylo to 6* from 4* because the higher level Kylo would drop Purple ability material also.

All cantina missions have a chance to drop tier 3 ability mats
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Disappointed in the GW rewrite of retreat. Am a lowly level 53 and just started to get some clears a few days back, now I am back to the drawing board. Just don't have enough toons for cannon fodder against stuff 7 levels higher than I. Ugghhhhhh that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least if you were gonna take that away you could allow the toons to choose NOT to attack so you could get your heal up and power attacks back before taking on the next match.

At least you can farm Dooku now in the Cantina but only when you hit level 69, yea. IMHO he should be farmable in Cantina shipments like Daka. How bout Dooku starter pack Round 2, 9.99 for Toon, 50 shards and 500 crystals?
    Post edited by SteelersCA on
  • Wispsi wrote: »

It costs 8 energy to run those earlier missions to get 13 cantina credits. The later ones cost 10 energy, which is 25% more, for 17 cantina credits. 25% more from 13 is 16, so you get 1 more cantina credit for every run this way, but 25% fewer ability mats since you run that many fewer cantina missions. It is only worth running later cantina missions if you can't farm that character anywhere else, unless you really want that extra 1 cantina credit per run.
  • this seems a little like HODA before the new head developer came to replace that awful guy called aaron...bad drop rates, things that helped players are taken away(retreat)... what can i say, seems like this game will take the same path. i hope not since its cool, but you know capital games tend to do this kind of stuff, in the HODA forum there are a lot of complains about drop rate i dont see how this could be different it could take lots of refills to get 20/20 gear since the node drops 1/5 or 1/10 the needed gear, and that my friends is how you make money not taking care of f2p players.

When you hit 60, your XP meter fills up as normal. But, instead of going to 61, it stopped once full and read "Max XP". So yes, I did lose 3600 XP.
  • oh i see aaron is here... when he left HODA i became a P2P because the new developers undertood that you have to give the player something for its money, i remeber reading in the forums guys that spent more than 1000usd to get a hero and didnt got it, im just bringing some info here for you player to know.
  • Juan_Pablo wrote: »
    this seems a little like HODA before the new head developer came to replace that awful guy called aaron...bad drop rates, things that helped players are taken away(retreat)... what can i say, seems like this game will take the same path. i hope not since its cool, but you know capital games tend to do this kind of stuff, in the HODA forum there are a lot of complains about drop rate i dont see how this could be different it could take lots of refills to get 20/20 gear since the node drops 1/5 or 1/10 the needed gear, and that my friends is how you make money not taking care of f2p players.

Completely agree with you. If anyone is interested, just go to the hoda forum and ask about the state of the game when Aaron was in charge. Today's big nerf to the GW is a step in that direction.
  • Willziak wrote: »

It costs 8 energy to run those earlier missions to get 13 cantina credits. The later ones cost 10 energy, which is 25% more, for 17 cantina credits. 25% more from 13 is 16, so you get 1 more cantina credit for every run this way, but 25% fewer ability mats since you run that many fewer cantina missions. It is only worth running later cantina missions if you can't farm that character anywhere else, unless you really want that extra 1 cantina credit per run.

4 tokens per chance (and it seems super low to get tier 3'which is the only mat worth getting) seems pretty worth it to me :D I can go entire days it seems without getting a tier 3 skill mat whilst getting more than an extra mission towards getting more of those super slow cantina shipments.

If the trend continues then the next levels will be even more efficient for cantina currency.

Look I'm not saying it's great but the comment asked for any point to it, and well after doing the math I personally found I preferred doing higher energy missions given the option because this game is all about small gains adding up over time. And I and have found it is much easier to skill up all my main characters than to 7 star my ahsoka.
  • I may be one of tge moaning ppl that others despise and stuff, but disabling the 'saving' ability of GW's Reatreat is like going back to stone age for most if not all of us, and especially f2p players. With it we could really plan battles ahead, use some tactics changing characters subbing for cooldown management and stuff. But now without it is like playing 2 teams against 12 not to mention the latter are usually better than player's.. Personally I have just hit lvl 59 and stared to think I might even have the chance to take on all those epic geared, 5-7* sids dookus and luminaras but now I am in a deep **** again. Disappointing really. Someone suggested limited number of Retreats. I vote for that if it really has to be changed.

When you hit 60, your XP meter fills up as normal. But, instead of going to 61, it stopped once full and read "Max XP". So yes, I did lose 3600 XP.

No your meter stayed full after you leveled from 59 it just added max across it.
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    Willziak wrote: »

4 tokens per chance (and it seems super low to get tier 3'which is the only mat worth getting) seems pretty worth it to me :D I can go entire days it seems without getting a tier 3 skill mat whilst getting more than an extra mission towards getting more of those super slow cantina shipments.

If the trend continues then the next levels will be even more efficient for cantina currency.

Look I'm not saying it's great but the comment asked for any point to it, and well after doing the math I personally found I preferred doing higher energy missions given the option because this game is all about small gains adding up over time. And I and have found it is much easier to skill up all my main characters than to 7 star my ahsoka.

All odds the same, running 8 energy cantina missions is more optimal. No one said anything about 10 energy cantina missions having better odds for drops. It's all proportional, except that it's 8 energy per shard vs 10 energy per shard. Simple to see why it's a waste then.
This discussion has been closed.