Best use of P2P purple crystals?

dglace1
73 posts Member
As I play this game longer, my chances of buying purple crystals is increasing. When I splurge and buy that 1st pack, what is their best and most conservative use?

Currently, I use only 100 daily on cantina, and very slowly accumulate the rest to save for gear shipments.

My arena rank is 85-175. I am level 80 and have 14 seven star toons.

My thinking is to save for the occasional good gear drop in shipments. Shipment refreshes seem like a waste vs patience. I don't think that my arena team is strong enough that multiple refreshes will move me much past 50.

I searched the forum, and didn't find any recent advice. Thanks for your help.

DL

Replies

• Options
    The best way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
  • Options
    The best way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

LMAO true dat... i think the best use for your daily crystals as a new player will be cantina energy, 100 crystals for a full refresh and normal energy 50/50/100 refreshes, save any other crystals for expensive gear 9-11 equipment in the shard shop, by only spending on refreshes you will level up the heroes you have while farming the components needed to gear them.

if you can make top 10 pvp then your daily crystal expenditure is covered by your pvp rewards meaning all the crystals you earn from daily logins, raids SIM battles and daily challenges can be saved for furnaces, droid callers and Nubian tech, it soon add up.

do not buy 3 shards for 320 crystals from the shard shop and do not spend crystals on shop refreshes, just wait for natural refresh at every bonus energy payout.

• Options
    sry miss read the title, thought it said best use of F2P, forget what i said above, if you are going to splurge go for packs and try to get Rex to 7*, may cost £150-£200 but he is the only hero worth paying for IMO, awesome in raids and PvP.
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    Energy refreshes is best use, especially cantina, good characters plus currency for cantina shipments. I do the 100 and 200 plus 50/50 of the regular energy.
  • Options
    Whatever you want, Daddy Warbucks. You're P2P now, go wild!

Or, save a few thousand explicitly for equipment drops in shipments and spend the rest on character shards and energy refreshes, if you insist on being frugal.
  • Options
    Chromium Mega drops .05 shards/crystal for random characters. 100/50/50 drops about .04 shards per crystal, but you also get gear, credits, t-droids, etc and for the characters of your choosing. I think the 100/50/50 refreshes should be the first thing you spend crystals on. I would put any excess beyond that to the unobtainium raid gear in shipments as you suggested.