Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Palanthian wrote: »
    It's statements like this from John that show a complete disconnect between the man at the top and what's actually going on in the game. I'm all for a challenge but anyone can see the nodes are bugged, all you have to do is play it.

    2 days of discussing this, a 30 page thread, so many screenshots showing the obvious bugs, and then the statement above. I just don't get it.

    +1
    They really don't give a [email protected] about players feedback.
    Either completely rethink the concept or do nothing at all, "tweaking" it is not gonna work on a flawed concept.
    You can not go for the easy or lazy fix, like you did on Teebo.

    - Basing galactic war on arena power is a mistake.
    - Difficulty is irregular and not at all progressive, last node being sometimes 3 stars green gear.
    - The redundancy is tedious and not enjoyable, fighting very similar teams over and over again.
  • Personally, I'm about done with this game. You've gotten my money, so probably no worry for you. This game has become a chore. Doing the daily's. Keeping up with the guild activities. A GW I cannot complete anymore. I have 17 toons stuck at gear level 8 waiting on guild gear. The grind has become annoying. I play games for fun. This game ceased to be fun about the time of pre-crafted gear. Unfortunately I stuck with it this long because I am a slow learner. Best of luck to you all.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    They want you to spend money. That's pretty much the driving force in all of these events and stealth fixes.
  • Well, it wasn't providing a challenge after the June 15th update. Especially one that would have you make use of your entire roster like what it says.

    I like how it is now. Four hard fights out of twelve isn't over the top hard to me. Better than the 6-7 straight hard fights before June 15th, and better than having just two not even maxed teams at the end after the first ten very easy fights like it was after June 15th.
  • It would be fine if the adjustments' effect was FAIR. However, what's happening is that maxed out players are getting stupid easy nodes 10-12, while everyone else is getting nodes that are at least as difficult as the old GW, and, from some of the screenshots I've seen, considerably harder even than the old GW.

    Difficult or easy, it needs to be fair across the board or it'll never stop being a bone of contention...

    For myself, I tend toward the "make it easier" camp for the simple reason that this game takes up so much time, it was a relief to be able to burn through GW in 20 minutes!
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Galactic war is simply not a fun activity. It just happens to be the only way to get reliable credits and progress. If the reward were tuned to the difficulty it might seem a bit worthwhile, but as something incredibly tedious and now impossible to complete it is basically the worst of all worlds.

    Games are supposed to be fun. Tedious, time consuming, and progression blocking activities are not fun. @CG_JohnSalera
  • Pfft....
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I've been saying this for weeks. Every other mode of the game, challenges, LS/DS battles, raids, events have different tiers or normal/hard why not GW?
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Galactic war is simply not a fun activity. It just happens to be the only way to get reliable credits and progress. If the reward were tuned to the difficulty it might seem a bit worthwhile, but as something incredibly tedious and now impossible to complete it is basically the worst of all worlds.
    Games are supposed to be fun. Tedious, time consuming, and progression blocking activities are not fun. @CG_JohnSalera
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Kurgen wrote: »
    I say thanks for making GW interesting again. I'm loving the tweak. So what, there's 3 teams out of 12 that are challenging.

    For me the challenge is seeing who can solo toon the last weak node. Day 1 it was 5's, day 2 Vader.

    Who will it be tomorrow.....

    I can agree with you. Even though you may not realize not everyone is getting the easy team at 12. I get the + 40k power team. I'm not saying it's too hard. I made it through today even though it took over an hour. Last tune they said they would make it so it's faster to get through. Now it's longer then before but beatable. Yesterday I had no idea they tuned it and was nonchalantly just blowing through it because it was so easy the past few weeks and I didn't finish it. A heads up beforehand would have saved a lot of headaches for a lot of people. The stealth tune is shady to say the least. But i can't say I'm surprised that EA would do something like this.
  • So about that scoundrel event: it was for one day and no indication of it coming back. Anyone know the deal on that?
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • EventineElessedil
    5497 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Sorry guys, from the player standpoint, you really skrewed the pooch on this one. I don't mind a challenge. The pre-06/15 update scale was fine by me, but the whales hated it so you changed it to benefit them. Now you've changed it again and implemented a broken scale that essentially gives the highest power players (whales) a FREE PASS on the last two nodes. The whales get free credits for no effort while the bottom-feeding crustaceans get crushed against a nearly impossible wall.

    Does this seem fair to you?

    For me, this means Node 12 may not be achievable. Fine, I can live with not getting those credits every time I suppose. I mean, it looks like I'm going to need to get used to it. But effectively, you have reduced the available credits to much of the player base. Not helpful.
    On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging. (Note that this was a tweak of the June 15th tuning, and not a roll-back to the prior tuning as some players have been suggesting.)

    Or, to be more open about it, you increased the difficulty on the last seven nodes. It's your game, you can do what you want with it, but why hide the truth?
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    So about that scoundrel event: it was for one day and no indication of it coming back. Anyone know the deal on that?

    @Valent_Antona They stated multiple times that it was going to be weekly, and on a different (random) day every week. :)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • I imagine the update in 2 weeks time will read: "As you may know, we made a tuning change to Galactic War on June 29th. There were several goals of that change, and we have been monitoring in-game data and player feedback on the change. While we view that tuning update as generally successful, we were finding that it was providing too much challenge."
  • djvita wrote: »
    Adding to this, they "heard" our feedback on it being to hard, so they made it easier, and now they changed their mind. I posted this in the other thread deserves another bump:
    32b4229145de0a2c1171b9b5757f25dfaa1bbf7b9be0b687be4dd5aec76a34d6.jpg

    +1
  • Heina
    110 posts Member
    whew, not all players have a deep collection, especially F2P
  • Ave
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    My last node was a g10/g11 team that rolled over my g8/g9 f2p roster, it had to have been 6-7K stronger than the strongest team I could field at that point, and that was after hitting abunch of top arena squads at the usual hard nodes.

    I was therefore unable to finish galactic war after being able to finish it every day even before the difficulty was nerfed a couple weeks ago.

    So what happened to the effort to make guild war "not take nearly as long" and making it "more enjoyable"?

    And if this adjustment was planned and not some accident with the client restart the other day, why no heads up? Why stay silent on the matter despite the numerous threads throughout the week on the forums and on Reddit? Y'all had to have known this would cause an uproar.

    Some real clandestine ****, living up to that EA brand.
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    Disappointing, but at least now we know. Back to the slog.

    @CG_JohnSalera I really hope your team is reading the comments and taking them to heart for the next round of GW tweaks. And remember, as has already been loudly expressed, an exercise in frustration =/= a fun challenge.
  • Satirist wrote: »
    Why is it so darn difficult for the devs to understand player feedback on GW? The playerbase's opinion on GW is unanimous and unequivocal and overall not hard to understand. You say you monitor play feedback? Then monitor this:
    GW is an incredibly boring, tedious, annoying and aggravating chore that takes ages to complete and provides absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. No one enjoys it, no one wants it. The only reason people still do GW, is because they have to, if they want to stay competitive.
    The whole concept of GW is broken beyond repair. One of the main reason people like GoH, is because it doesn't take a buttload of time to play on a competitive level. (Hint: sim tickets) How could you possibly think people enjoy retreating from the same battle for two dozen times, just so they can finally beat GW?

    Just to counter that - soon as GW was changed to be easy there were multiple threads that went up complaining that it was too easy. Me personally, I like that it's not as hard - but to say that no one liked it the old was is totally not correct. There were actually a decent chunk of players that liked the challenge.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3484 posts Moderator
    Yeah but then the rewards wouldn't be as good. I get where you guys are coming from, but I don't think it could apply to many modes. Maybe only for certain challenges and GW. I wouldn't want that in every mode. You have level1-79 for playing easy mode, that's long enough for me personally.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Ok, after the dev comments, I'm even more mad.
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Satirist wrote: »
    Why is it so darn difficult for the devs to understand player feedback on GW? The playerbase's opinion on GW is unanimous and unequivocal and overall not hard to understand. You say you monitor play feedback? Then monitor this:
    GW is an incredibly boring, tedious, annoying and aggravating chore that takes ages to complete and provides absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. No one enjoys it, no one wants it. The only reason people still do GW, is because they have to, if they want to stay competitive.
    The whole concept of GW is broken beyond repair. One of the main reason people like GoH, is because it doesn't take a buttload of time to play on a competitive level. (Hint: sim tickets) How could you possibly think people enjoy retreating from the same battle for two dozen times, just so they can finally beat GW?

    Just to counter that - soon as GW was changed to be easy there were multiple threads that went up complaining that it was too easy. Me personally, I like that it's not as hard - but to say that no one liked it the old was is totally not correct. There were actually a decent chunk of players that liked the challenge.

    There were but we effectively flamed all those players complaining it was too easy. So they all quit the game. Ergo there aren't any players left that liked the hard gw
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    I actually really love idea of a long war of attrition using all your roster. The idea behind GW is actually brilliant.
    I think the problem though is that as players we do it everyday for months cause we love the game. Doing the same thing everyday gets pretty boring, and then when we do it for an hour or more everyday it gets frustratingly tedious.
    And then we still get the same rewards from it we were getting months ago and the stronger we make our teams the harder and longer it becomes. This gets old real fast!
  • Satirist wrote: »
    Why is it so darn difficult for the devs to understand player feedback on GW? The playerbase's opinion on GW is unanimous and unequivocal and overall not hard to understand. You say you monitor play feedback? Then monitor this:
    GW is an incredibly boring, tedious, annoying and aggravating chore that takes ages to complete and provides absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. No one enjoys it, no one wants it. The only reason people still do GW, is because they have to, if they want to stay competitive.
    The whole concept of GW is broken beyond repair. One of the main reason people like GoH, is because it doesn't take a buttload of time to play on a competitive level. (Hint: sim tickets) How could you possibly think people enjoy retreating from the same battle for two dozen times, just so they can finally beat GW?

    Just to counter that - soon as GW was changed to be easy there were multiple threads that went up complaining that it was too easy. Me personally, I like that it's not as hard - but to say that no one liked it the old was is totally not correct. There were actually a decent chunk of players that liked the challenge.

    Yeah, I was one of those people who didn't like the cakewalk they turned it into.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    This is in response to the developer update posted today. In particular, I would like to call attention to the GW development goal that they have set.

    GW is intended to be a place where players can and should be encouraged to field their entire roster of characters.

    As of late this design goal has failed spectacularly for two main reasons:

    1. Persistent Turn Meter
    This means that suicide squads are now actually worse than useless, as they do away with your main squad's turn meter advantage. The TM advantage made GW easier by allowing a main team to pick up steam in the early, easier nodes. It successfully compensated us for the fact that enemy teams start with full protection which cannot be replenished in the case of the player. Unfortunately, without the TM advantage, that means the player's team is actually at a disadvantage. With previously invaluable suicide squads now actively harming players by removing a necessary advantage, not only is my entire roster not being used, but if my main squad were to be completely destroyed, my GW would be essentially impossible. Using your full roster can actually be detrimental when it is supposed to be a primary design goal.

    2. The Protection Update
    With the addition of protection, gear level is by far the most important stat in the game. Gear level is so important, in fact, that even a couple tiers differential means an impossible fight. A gear 7 against a gear 9 May as well be a chicken in a pack of wolves. How is this a problem for GW? It further limits the use of backup toons by requiring high gear levels to do anything at all. Don't believe me? Try using a backup squad of G7s against a pack of G9s and see how far you get. Cannon fodder. As discussed above, cannon fodder is worse than useless.

    When combined, these two factors mean that suicide squads are often a terrible tactical decision, and the criteria for graduating from "suicide" to "backup" has been raised dramatically. In short: no, I am not, nor do I ever plan to use my entire roster during a GW in its current state, and it would NOT be to my benefit to try.
  • Pallax
    16 posts Member
    Why don't they put in a normal table and a hard table?
  • Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Satirist wrote: »
    Why is it so darn difficult for the devs to understand player feedback on GW? The playerbase's opinion on GW is unanimous and unequivocal and overall not hard to understand. You say you monitor play feedback? Then monitor this:
    GW is an incredibly boring, tedious, annoying and aggravating chore that takes ages to complete and provides absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. No one enjoys it, no one wants it. The only reason people still do GW, is because they have to, if they want to stay competitive.
    The whole concept of GW is broken beyond repair. One of the main reason people like GoH, is because it doesn't take a buttload of time to play on a competitive level. (Hint: sim tickets) How could you possibly think people enjoy retreating from the same battle for two dozen times, just so they can finally beat GW?

    Just to counter that - soon as GW was changed to be easy there were multiple threads that went up complaining that it was too easy. Me personally, I like that it's not as hard - but to say that no one liked it the old was is totally not correct. There were actually a decent chunk of players that liked the challenge.

    Yeah, I was one of those people who didn't like the cakewalk they turned it into.

    Neither did I, but the whales were giddy about it.
  • For the first time in the first half of this year, while lvl 70 and higher, i had to reset at the node before the last, because it's just impossible to beat.
    While almost all enemy toons are maxed out and all omega skills, i had to struggle with my gear 8-10 toons, not everybody omega.

    I lost everybody, most tries, i only could attack ONE turn, and was wiped out after that.

    Me no likey!
  • It's not broken. It's intentional. It took two days for that response. #comeonman
    Do or Do not.

    DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Satirist wrote: »
    Why is it so darn difficult for the devs to understand player feedback on GW? The playerbase's opinion on GW is unanimous and unequivocal and overall not hard to understand. You say you monitor play feedback? Then monitor this:
    GW is an incredibly boring, tedious, annoying and aggravating chore that takes ages to complete and provides absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. No one enjoys it, no one wants it. The only reason people still do GW, is because they have to, if they want to stay competitive.
    The whole concept of GW is broken beyond repair. One of the main reason people like GoH, is because it doesn't take a buttload of time to play on a competitive level. (Hint: sim tickets) How could you possibly think people enjoy retreating from the same battle for two dozen times, just so they can finally beat GW?

    Just to counter that - soon as GW was changed to be easy there were multiple threads that went up complaining that it was too easy. Me personally, I like that it's not as hard - but to say that no one liked it the old was is totally not correct. There were actually a decent chunk of players that liked the challenge.

    These are players that wish to gain or keep their advantage over the majority of the playerbase. I started a thread a while back in which I proposed a one time toggle for the gw or game difficulty. No difference in rewards and it could not be changed. It was panned by those that "like the challenge". They either didn't give a reason why when asked, or they cited the lack of increased rewards for the hard mode. Similarly, in another thread, I proposed a challenge mode, where the only reward you got was an icon or acknowledgement in your profile. This also was panned for the same reasons. Simple logic isn't required to figure out why these people say no to ideas that, by their very explanation, should make everyone happy
Sign In or Register to comment.