Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    PainSaber wrote: »
    some people kept their arena team low power so they could have an easier time at GW. They nerf the event to make GW easy. People then power up their arena teams and the developers pull the rug out from underneath. It seems purposeful and also pretty shady.

It goes off the 5 hightest power characters you got. Not your arena squad.

And your proof of this assumption?

There's multiple people that have proved it through keeping track of arena power vs highest 5 toons vs GW opponents.

Funny. There are multiple people who proved it was highest arena team power completion, and that is after a dev verified this on reddit in around feb/march. Again, I ask for your proof. Otherwise its assumption. Now lets get back to the actual issue at hand

• It goes off the 5 hightest power characters you got. Not your arena squad.

If so, that would be another change.

It used to be based off the highest powered team you ever used to win a match in the arena.

I don't think that's true. I remember I couldn't finish GW all the time in the beginning. So I swapped out my best characters and replaced them with people on my bench. I went from top 100 down to like 400 and GW got easier. If it was based on the highest powered team I ever used it would not have changed.

• Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Hey, I know we screwed up a lot of stuff this week. Instead of fixing all that, we decided to **** everyone off instead.
  • Joruus
    57 posts Member
    shandi235 wrote: »
    Annoyed that this was an unannounced change and the response to player backlash is "get over it"

I was thinking about spending some of my paycheck on maxing out Sun Fac and picking up Ge Spy but that's not going to happen. I'll get them when they are free.

I have a deep roster, I've spent a lot of money on this game, I finish anywhere from top 5 to top 50 depending on how aggressive I am, my 5 top toons are 39,564 arena power and today I cannot get past Node 6.

This is unacceptable.

There is no way. I still finish GW easily and I don't even get up to 50 in arena. Youre too concentrated on arena, that isn't where your advances are made
  • Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    I don't think that's true. I remember I couldn't finish GW all the time in the beginning. So I swapped out my best characters and replaced them with people on my bench. I went from top 100 down to like 400 and GW got easier. If it was based on the highest powered team I ever used it would not have changed.

It was at one point. Confirmed by a developer. But who knows. This game has shifting rules and always seems to be breaking. So anything is possible.
  • Jaded
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    1st time posting as usually I am a lurker and not a poster. I read many of the threads however. This one just rubs me the wrong way. My best 5 is 33000. The last node for me was 41000. The one prior was no piece of cake either. I used a bunch of characters to clear that one and was stunned when I came to the last one. I am unable to complete it. Not even close. Mind you I started in December and I have rarely not been able to finish. I would say this is the firest day in 4 to 5 months. I am close to hitting the 150 achievement. I wish they would have sent something out that would have said we are doing a change today. Very unhappy player today.
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    I implore @CG_NotReallyAJedi, @CG_JohnSalera, @EA_Jesse and others to have a real conversation with the player base about this. There's a lot of passion here and everyone wants the same thing-- to make the game enjoyable. Let's work together to make that happen. Engage with us. Don't ignore us.

^ This... I'd love a chance to participate in making a case for how to improve GW and even branch it out!

However today's statement, 48 hours later, after nearly 850 comments prior to this thread, and a poll with over 200 votes (175 in favor of reverting to the easier version), suggests they have better things to do than engage their user base in design meetings. :neutral:
  • So the official word is that it's supposed to be a challenge. Fine, I don't mind a challenge but the difficulty spike is insane. A "war of attrition" works when you peak a little above your max power. Use your B and C squads to knock out a large portion of it and save your A team for when it's needed.

Having node 5 being a joke, node 6 being 15% above your max squad, node 7-10 fairly easy, node 11 being freaking impossible, and node 12 soloable by Barris makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

What bugs me the most is that it was unannounced. I let my Daka die on node 11 yesterday because I normally complete node 12 with one of my fun squads that don't use her. Then I get matched up against a 39k+ power team consisting of Dooku, Rey, RG, Leia, and QGJ. My highest squad is only 32k so the disparity is already ridiculous. Not having Daka for the extra stun made it impossible as my only hope was to run a suicide evasion squad with stuns on Rey/Leia and hope I burn RG down before I wipe, allowing the rest of my roster to mop up.

I will admit today was much better but only because the 39k team I hit at node 12 was a bad comp with no taunt. The node 6 spike only matched my squad power so it was an even challenge.
  • Unimatrix
    283 posts Member
    I develop my Characters to be able to appreciate how my levelled characters can make my game play more interesting and less tedious.

Instead developers have kindly told me through this change in GW difficulty level that says to my face "frag it dude. I got better squads to beat yours. Three times. With protection. Eat that."

I always believe that to be less of a troll, I should provide constructive criticism.

But many pages of feedback in this forum given a response that CG has a total disconnect with the (i) game play, (ii) intention (GW should not take a long time to do, but here's 4 arena teams for you to plough through) and (iii) game mechanism (CG said guild daily rewards go in at daily activity reset time? Come on dude..)

So. Why bother with suggestions?
    Devs, You guys screwed up. Again.

By the way, I kept my 3/5 rating of the game even when the previous GW change was rolled out.. To let things settle down. I guess I should be changing that to a 1/5 rating.
  • I am not one that would normally complain but this change is awful. I won't finish GW for the first time in a long time. Mostly because I have a job and a life and I don't have hours to spend throwing different combinations of toons at the brick wall I hit in node 9 today, just Hoping that I will get through it.

Yesterday I went up against a fully maxed out meta team in nodes 11 and 12.

My best teams weren't enough to take them down. I have to use multiple teams for both. Maybe that is what the devs want. A really hard and challenging part of the game. But I can't afford the time each day for that. So I will just complete what I can and get minimal rewards doing it I guess... Until I get bored because I'm not making enough credits to stay interested in the game.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    My in depth post got merged so I really hope the devs are reading this whole thing.

In the mean time I'll just say that there is no excuse to be made for the jump in difficulty. Multiple meta teams that outclass your own by 6k+ power is not acceptable. I'm sorry, but it's just not.
  • Joruus
    57 posts Member
    Jaded wrote: »
    1st time posting as usually I am a lurker and not a poster. I read many of the threads however. This one just rubs me the wrong way. My best 5 is 33000. The last node for me was 41000. The one prior was no piece of cake either. I used a bunch of characters to clear that one and was stunned when I came to the last one. I am unable to complete it. Not even close. Mind you I started in December and I have rarely not been able to finish. I would say this is the firest day in 4 to 5 months. I am close to hitting the 150 achievement. I wish they would have sent something out that would have said we are doing a change today. Very unhappy player today.

You're unhappy because you can't beat one section of one part of a game?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE??so this this the new age, where everyone wants participation trophies, even if they came in last place. WORK ON THE CORRECT CHARACTERS, AND GW WOULD STILL BE A CAKEWALK. I've been playing since December as well, flew through both gws today, level 80 tough opponents and all. Je Droid teams even. But every team can be beat, just because you can't win Today, means you need to work on your strategy. Grow up, boost your skills and knowledge, not your typing, crying finger muscles
  • Absurd GW !!! I am facing 7***80 lvl Rey omegaed on the 11th challenge. Impossible to beat. She killed my entire set within seconds.... This is NOT fun and challenging. It's not hard, but impossible with my characters. Why do I even bother with GW.... Oh wait, bcs I need to earn credits so I can somehow lvl my characters.... Very very disappointed with EA and their take on this part of the game.
  • Joruus
    57 posts Member
    Absurd GW !!! I am facing 7***80 lvl Rey omegaed on the 11th challenge. Impossible to beat. She killed my entire set within seconds.... This is NOT fun and challenging. It's not hard, but impossible with my characters. Why do I even bother with GW.... Oh wait, bcs I need to earn credits so I can somehow lvl my characters.... Very very disappointed with EA and their take on this part of the game.

Stun her. Stop crying.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Two days in a row last node phasma lead, rey, qgj,rg and ig all maxed the node before all maxed not the worst toons but still, sought gw out now!!!!! Even with my entire roster i couldnt do that challenge no impossible yes if you can review my account you would see that what your doing just isn't possible to beat with my current sqaud and roster so now ive gotta trial behind and play catch up again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Review it again please
  • The_Dude
    84 posts Member
    Just piling on to add my disappointment in how this "change" was executed and communicated. I looked forward to GW every day...now I simply do not. If the main intent was to drive more revenue from players, I believe this (together with all of the recent bugs/glitches/outages/etc.) will have the opposite impact, especially the way it was communicated (or rather not communicated). There are far too many other places for folks to spend $$$.
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Well, it wasn't providing a challenge after the June 15th update. Especially one that would have you make use of your entire roster like what it says.

I like how it is now. Four hard fights out of twelve isn't over the top hard to me. Better than the 6-7 straight hard fights before June 15th, and better than having just two not even maxed teams at the end after the first ten very easy fights like it was after June 15th.

I threw my entire collection at node 12 and could only get 3/5 killed on the opponent. That isn't a challenge. It's a cluster duck.
  • Joruus
    57 posts Member
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Well, it wasn't providing a challenge after the June 15th update. Especially one that would have you make use of your entire roster like what it says.

I like how it is now. Four hard fights out of twelve isn't over the top hard to me. Better than the 6-7 straight hard fights before June 15th, and better than having just two not even maxed teams at the end after the first ten very easy fights like it was after June 15th.

I threw my entire collection at node 12 and could only get 3/5 killed on the opponent. That isn't a challenge. It's a cluster duck.

Then your strategy needs to be adjusted. If you can't waste a throw away, low level team, forcing the ai to use all its good skills, and then come in and beat a team, THAT'S YOUR OWN FAULT. I can literally beat any team, bar maybe a full clone full gear, after making them use their good attacks.
  • Aley
    94 posts Member
    Joruus wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »

You're unhappy because you can't beat one section of one part of a game?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE??so this this the new age, where everyone wants participation trophies, even if they came in last place. WORK ON THE CORRECT CHARACTERS, AND GW WOULD STILL BE A CAKEWALK. I've been playing since December as well, flew through both gws today, level 80 tough opponents and all. Je Droid teams even. But every team can be beat, just because you can't win Today, means you need to work on your strategy. Grow up, boost your skills and knowledge, not your typing, crying finger muscles

Obviously a trolling post, but I will respond anyway. People are not unhappy because it is difficult. People are unhappy because it is impossible. My highest level arena team is 30k. The 40k team I am facing on node 12 is simply not even possible to be beaten by any combination of my roster. This came after several, 35k and 37k teams on the othe nodes. Some people got greens for node 12 and I can guarantee with your comments you did not face a team 10k higher than yours and win.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    GW is too hard for players now
    Tune down
    Oh, we think GW is too easy now
    Tune up
    Now GW is ridiculous
    Working as intended.

Devs, you need to find some tuning balance here and actually listen to the player base. You arbitrarily sc rew over the players with broken game modes, broken f2p toons and broken p2p toons. We aren't asking for easy things, we're asking for balance. We're asking for things to WORK CORRECTLY. We're asking for a bit more communication. There is no way that GW should have been addressed this late. You've tuned GW now to near impossible for folks without upping the rewards. Level 40 still gets the same as level 80 and level 80's are getting crushed even with diverse roster groups.

Overall, this is garbage.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • VenraSkyrunner
    37 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Absurd GW !!! I am facing 7***80 lvl Rey omegaed on the 11th challenge. Impossible to beat. She killed my entire set within seconds.... This is NOT fun and challenging. It's not hard, but impossible with my characters. Why do I even bother with GW.... Oh wait, bcs I need to earn credits so I can somehow lvl my characters.... Very very disappointed with EA and their take on this part of the game.

Stun her. Stop crying.

Joruus who are you to tell people to stop crying . Everything has the right to complain or perhaps you're a kind of new communist than games. please if you do not agree with the complaint of the people you have an adverse comment but do not underestimate the comments of others . that is falling very low
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    @Joruus alright then, post a video of yourself beating a GW full of maxed level 80 tunes :*

• Joruus
    57 posts Member
    I'm F2P and have no issues.
    MLGebra wrote: »
    @Joruus alright then, post a video of yourself beating a GW full of maxed level 80 tunes :*

Did two today, in under 30 Minutes. In this new, "too hard" mode
  • Galdin_Wan wrote: »

tumblr_mxptv4p53m1t2sz0ro1_r1_500.gif

• Joruus
    57 posts Member

Stun her. Stop crying.

Joruus who are you to tell people to stop crying . Everything has the right to complain or perhaps you're a kind of new communist than games. please if you do not agree with the complaint of the people you have an adverse comment but do not underestimate the comments of others . that is falling very low

No, crying about a phone game which you can't beat, because you'd rather get mad and post online, instead of reading other forums and adjusting your strategy. That's falling real low.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Hi all –

I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.

Before I get into it, I want to reiterate that the goals of this feature continue to be:
    • Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!
    • Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.
    • Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles.
    • Provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective. (As more characters are released, and as more types of builds are discovered and developed by the players, this will become increasingly true.)

Well the way I see it the fundamental issue here is that there's a striking design contradiction between the first and second points here. I can understand if these are intended design pillars, but they're fighting each other and the end result of that is always going to be a muddled execution - a feature that no one, probably including the design team at CG, is entirely sure how it's supposed to feel.

Providing a real challenge is well and good, but in a game like GoH, the GW system can't actually achieve that. First because it relies on the player having sufficiently built characters up enough to complete the battles and to complete them repeatedly. Since the system has to hinge the strength of the opponent teams to some kind of data, this means that pragmatically, the player can only win these fights with the characters they've most built up. The GW nodes are either hard enough to damage the player's top team or they are not. If so, any characters that fall below that threshhold will just get torn to pieces.

As for point two, the player just can't bring his entire collection to bear. Why would the player ever use any characters other than his top line up? Especially since most people don't want to spend 5 minutes or longer per fight, in twelve consecutive battles. The impetus here is clear - win the early nodes as effortlessly as possible. Once you've played long enough, you'll have a reserve line-up, but if the GW node team is strong enough to pose a risk to your top tier team, the reserve characters won't be able to pick up that slack. At the moment you begin to suffer actual losses, you've hit the wall and won't beat the GW series as a result. More strikingly, since the GW uses arena teams as the targets, you see the same series of characters constantly. It's just Sidious, Phasma, Luminara, etc. - over and over. There's such a heavily restrained variety of what you face. If "bringing your entire collection to bear" is a design mandate of GW, then CG has really really missed that mark -- missing the mark on design goal 2, means you inherently miss the mark on design goal 4. The challenges don't evolve, because you're fighting the same types of line-ups on every single node. The only noticeable difference is how strong the team selected is, and that tends to manifest in a "knife's edge" fashion. Either the enemy team will destroy you, or you will destroy them. There's no variety equation to solve here - field your strongest team because you will constantly face the teams built on the meta-in-favor. What teams to run in Arena is an efficiency equation being solved by thousands of players in unison. They'll inexorably arrive at the solution, and do so very very quickly. If the meta changes, the arena teams will change, but the variety problem won't change a bit.

Reading this thread, it certainly seems that recent update may have knocked something in the balancing algorithm out of whack. That seems to be an entirely fixable issue, but the less fixable issue is that pulling arena teams is going to generate exactly the kind of tedious monotony that's described by nearly ever poster in thread. I, for one, would sure like to stop seeing Luminara in 90% of the GW teams I fight. I'd like to see a whole lot less of Vader, Sidious, QGJ, Jedi Consular, etc. There are dozens of characters I might well have never seen in a GW team.

If you ask me (and sure, nobody did, but I'll gamble that CG reads these threads)
    --Stop pulling arena teams as the GW squads. This will almost certainly never generate anything but monotonous line ups. Develop an algorithm to compose auto-generated enemy teams by automatically leveling and gearing randomly selected characters to a target difficulty.
    --Actually give the player the capacity to field variety within in their own squad without compromising the ability to complete nodes. I'd suggest something alone these lines -- turn the ally leader slot in the squad into a "power up slot". The player can stick any character he owns in this slot and it will be powered up automatically (but only for that particular fight) to be at parity with the GW node team. These would create numerous benefits, not the least of which is letting the player actually use any character he owns, and letting him see what that character will play like once he has powered it up. The strongest delivery on the fielding the whole team notion would be power fixing the player's entire squad here, but that's a compromise I'd be very surprised to see.
    --Speed this whole ordeal up by reducing the number of GW nodes and redistributing the rewards.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I expect a video tomorrow if you're so serious about this, Joruus.
  • Won't be able to say I didn't earn this one.

IMG_1184_zpsesjqi1yy.jpg
  • I don't have a massively powerful team, but its fairly strong. I have one 7* at lvl 10 gear and one 7* at 9. The last nod of GW I'm being pitted against 5 7* lvl 80 carectors with lvl 11 and 10 gear. I was able to finish GW only losing maybe 6 guys... and now for the second day I can't beat the last nod.