Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• So first devs say there is no known issue....
    Now they admit they changed it.

So they lied.
    Done spending.

• I think what would have to request a revocation of contract @CG_JohnSalera . He has no idea how to handle this type of games.
  • Tonight I got the ungeared rubbish on node 12 and finished it... If the plan is to make it a lottery please reconsider. It is tedious and boring without a coin toss to decide.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Nice tuning! But please no surprise like this again next time.
  • Could someone at EA reconcile these two statements for us please?

JUNE 10th
    "Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed."

JULY 1st
    "I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.

Before I get into it, I want to reiterate that the goals of this feature continue to be:

Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!
    Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.
    Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles.
    Provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective. (As more characters are released, and as more types of builds are discovered and developed by the players, this will become increasingly true.)"

• I still call ****. You announce the smallest of changes, and to not announce this, is suspect. This just sounds like you're covering your ****
  • x72821
    45 posts Member
    I'm all for making it difficult, but when I am level 69, and my last three battles are all level 77-78, and my final battle is a fully omega'd Rex, 5's, Echo, 88, and 86, its not a battle, its a wholesale slaughter, and its frustrating to get to that point and realize that there isn't a chance I could beat that team with a fresh roster, let alone one that just beaten two evasion meta teams the rounds before. As for making it faster, today's GW took me almost two hours again because I knew I had to save everything i had so I could beat whatever god team was thrown at me at the end. So please fix this, and fix it fast
  • Joruus wrote: »
    Joruus wrote: »
    Absurd GW !!! I am facing 7***80 lvl Rey omegaed on the 11th challenge. Impossible to beat. She killed my entire set within seconds.... This is NOT fun and challenging. It's not hard, but impossible with my characters. Why do I even bother with GW.... Oh wait, bcs I need to earn credits so I can somehow lvl my characters.... Very very disappointed with EA and their take on this part of the game.

Stun her. Stop crying.

Joruus who are you to tell people to stop crying . Everything has the right to complain or perhaps you're a kind of new communist than games. please if you do not agree with the complaint of the people you have an adverse comment but do not underestimate the comments of others . that is falling very low

No, crying about a phone game which you can't beat, because you'd rather get mad and post online, instead of reading other forums and adjusting your strategy. That's falling real low.

Joruus I repeat , who are you to belittle someone telling you not crying ... it is clear that you lack respect for people ... clearly not taught that in your home.

• C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    I so called this in the original thread. They made GW easy so everyone maxed out their Arena squad and then Bam!!! They fooled us all..
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Well, it wasn't providing a challenge after the June 15th update. Especially one that would have you make use of your entire roster like what it says.

I like how it is now. Four hard fights out of twelve isn't over the top hard to me. Better than the 6-7 straight hard fights before June 15th, and better than having just two not even maxed teams at the end after the first ten very easy fights like it was after June 15th.

I threw my entire collection at node 12 and could only get 3/5 killed on the opponent. That isn't a challenge. It's a cluster duck.

Yesterday, to my surprise I fought phasma team with high gear qgj, rey, RG, and lumi at the last node. On the other hand, I only have lumi, barriss, eeth, yoda, and JC (with some low level toons) left after the previous droid team flattened my main toons. It's very difficult but I managed to kick them out. GW is difficult but not impossible.

I love the challenge but hate the unannounce surprise
  • Could someone at EA reconcile these two statements for us please?

JUNE 10th
    "Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed."

JULY 1st
    "I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.

Before I get into it, I want to reiterate that the goals of this feature continue to be:

Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!
    Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.
    Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles.
    Provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective. (As more characters are released, and as more types of builds are discovered and developed by the players, this will become increasingly true.)"
    Hi all –

I wanted to give an update on Galactic War tuning.

• Provide a real challenge to players. In other words: it’s meant to be hard!
    • Provide a place in the game where your entire collection can be brought to bear. Potentially every character can help you succeed.
    • Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles.
    • Provide a place where there’s an ever-evolving set of challenges in terms of which characters / parties / builds can be most effective. (As more characters are released, and as more types of builds are discovered and developed by the players, this will become increasingly true.)

As you may know, we made a tuning change to Galactic War on June 15th. There were several goals of that change, and we have been monitoring in-game data and player feedback on the change. While we view that tuning update as generally successful, we were finding that it wasn’t providing enough challenge.

On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging. (Note that this was a tweak of the June 15th tuning, and not a roll-back to the prior tuning as some players have been suggesting.)

As always, we will continue to monitor the data and player feedback and determine if further tweaks to the tuning are needed.

Thanks!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50943/recent-tweak-to-galactic-war-tuning#latest

Thank you for "monitoring" the 80% negative feedback. Maybe in a week you can use it to deduce that we're unhappy and let us know that.
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member

C3POwn wrote: »
    I so called this in the original thread. They made GW easy so everyone maxed out their Arena squad and then Bam!!! They fooled us all..

You got let out of North Korean jail! Congrats. You need to celebrate by creating a thread lol
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    1. An unannounced change making GW beyond challenging. Coinciding with the start of a new event to get credits using scoundrels (most of the good ones premium). This is no coincidence.

2. GW is not enjoyable anymore. I want a challenge. Not something I could auto through, not something every single day need to invest about an hour and then encounter an impossible squad unless I have 5 or 6 leveled squads of my own.

3. Is a mobile game, not taking care of your children.

4. Not spending a penny more. Rating 1* in App store. Some will say I'm a whiner. Fine. Is my opinion and my way of protesting to something I don't like and I consider unfair. Maybe I am not so mature and so morally superior as you think yourselves are. Good for you.
  • thank you for ruining GW. Please fix anything is better then this. Put it back like it was pre June 15 update just fix it quickly. Tell then my wallet is closed.
  • Draez
    2 posts Member
    I registered an account just so I could reply to this thread.

I'm not a whale, but I probably spend more than I should on this game because I find its a lot of fun. However, today's GW was not fun in the least. If your goal is to make it a challenge, I'll accept that, but you HAVE to increase the rewards accordingly. I'm so strapped for credits I can't level most of my squad. The only way to get a reasonable number of credits daily is to complete GW. You say we should have a deep roster to complete GW, but without the credits to level them we never will. It's a catch 22 and you're making me not want to invest any more in this game if this is the direction you're taking. PLEASE fix this and restore my confidence. Either revert the difficulty or increase the rewards so we can actually afford a deep roster. Thank you
  • ZAKK
    35 posts Member
    Now the harm is done. Took them 3 days to have an official respond. GJ EA. Was think buying a crystal booster, but not happening!
  • @Viserys
    You have my vote for most insightful GW analysis, better than @CG_JohnSalera

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Joruus wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    1st time posting as usually I am a lurker and not a poster. I read many of the threads however. This one just rubs me the wrong way. My best 5 is 33000. The last node for me was 41000. The one prior was no piece of cake either. I used a bunch of characters to clear that one and was stunned when I came to the last one. I am unable to complete it. Not even close. Mind you I started in December and I have rarely not been able to finish. I would say this is the firest day in 4 to 5 months. I am close to hitting the 150 achievement. I wish they would have sent something out that would have said we are doing a change today. Very unhappy player today.

You're unhappy because you can't beat one section of one part of a game?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE??so this this the new age, where everyone wants participation trophies, even if they came in last place. WORK ON THE CORRECT CHARACTERS, AND GW WOULD STILL BE A CAKEWALK. I've been playing since December as well, flew through both gws today, level 80 tough opponents and all. Je Droid teams even. But every team can be beat, just because you can't win Today, means you need to work on your strategy. Grow up, boost your skills and knowledge, not your typing, crying finger muscles

Wow good for you mister cakewalk. You're awesome. A lot of people are complaining that it was "tweaked" without letting the players know a thing about it. I would be one of those players. I finished today an hour and a half later. It's not acceptable that the devs say ok we've made GW better time wise and then all of a sudden stealth "tweak" it to make it longer then it was to begin with. I'm fine with the challenge. It's the **** we deal with from this Dev department that's the issue. And just so you know. Nobody cares that GW is a breeze for you. Thanks for posting though
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Please keep all comments civil, on topic and within the rules of the Forum
    Are you embarrassed to be working for this company?

• Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    What a load of bunk. You announce so much in this game but then forget about this massive change? Its fine to tweak it if you tweak it correctly. This is a blatant money grab to get people to buy their way past the gear and credit wall. By people not finishing the last two nodes thats 100k credits per day we miss out on, but oh wait buy our credit packs or invest in junk scoundrels what precious resources we have to maybe make money at random times. Disgusting lack of touch with player base.
  • Glad that I have not spent any additional money on this game in months. I spent in the past so I could finish GW. Now they change things and I cannot complete it. I am not wasting money to make my account better when in a month or two it will be meaningless and pointless.
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    Keyper wrote: »

Heres the scary fact: the mods VOLUNTEER. As in no pay.
  • aibeira
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Don't care that it is "supposed to be hard". It takes too long to complete. Period. It doesn't help that it seems to be the same teams over and over. So much for variety.

Make it take less time. Get rid if the opposing teams' protection. Lower the level. Put it back the way it was four days ago.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    There's a difference between difficult and time consuming, I wonder when the devs will grasp that concept.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    PainSaber wrote: »
    Keyper wrote: »

Heres the scary fact: the mods VOLUNTEER. As in no pay.

Really? Ok, who's giving odds on BentWookiee's retirement within 30 days?
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    They just need to stop with easy modes. Make everything hard to complete. Get some more separation between casual players.
  • Aley
    94 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    For the guy trolling, some people are getting super easy and some impossible and a very small amount are getting insanely difficult. I love difficult. I love going at a team in GW over and over trying to figure out the strategy. I do not like my team being wiped before I Ben get a turn regardless of my teams composition. My 30k team should never be facing a 40k team...
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    I held off all day on my war hoping whatever insane glitch made yesterday a mess would be sorted. But now that we know that it was an intentional middle finger to us, I resigned myself to slogging through. I'm 2.5 hours in now. I've taken about 10 different approaches to node 11, but I haven't cracked it yet. I'm facing three gear 11s and two gear 10s. I don't even have a single gear 11 toon yet. What a boring, miserable slog. I don't have time to do this every day. I will finish it, but I don't know that I can invest this much time every day in a stupid tap game. If I hadn't been playing for 6 months already I would quit right now. What an insult to their customers.

It would be nice if they had the courage to say, "we don't want anyone to be able to function in this horrificly overpriced, poorly balanced, and bug riddled game without paying hundreds of dollars, so we're making the main credit source a nightmare for most of you who aren't whales, or who have lives. Enjoy spending your long weekend regretting the time you flushed away on this game. We'll be enjoying your money. Peace out."
  • +1
  • Mika
    48 posts Member
    I have no idea what the devs were thinking when they decided to make this change. Horrible decision. It's now back to the same old 40-60 min retreat grind. They really have no idea what the players actually want