Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• You fixed it, so you could break it again? It takes too long.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Mika wrote: »
    I have no idea what the devs were thinking when they decided to make this change. Horrible decision. It's now back to the same old 40-60 min retreat grind. They really have no idea what the players actually want

That's certainly what it looks like when the post that said they'd monitor player feedback was made when the player feedback had been overflowing since three days before their post was even made.
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I have no idea what the devs were thinking when they decided to make this change. Horrible decision. It's now back to the same old 40-60 min retreat grind. They really have no idea what the players actually want

Its not that they don't know what the players want. Its that different players want different things, which in turn requires a lot of work or accepting player ideas. Instead, they simply do what makes them the most money and to heck with what the players want. This is often the way of business.

This is why the most effective punishment for companies like ea is to stop spending, and encourage others to do the same
  • JRA wrote: »
    I held off all day on my war hoping whatever insane glitch made yesterday a mess would be sorted. But now that we know that it was an intentional middle finger to us, I resigned myself to slogging through. I'm 2.5 hours in now. I've taken about 10 different approaches to node 11, but I haven't cracked it yet. I'm facing three gear 11s and two gear 10s. I don't even have a single gear 11 toon yet. What a boring, miserable slog. I don't have time to do this every day. I will finish it, but I don't know that I can invest this much time every day in a **** tap game. If I hadn't been playing for 6 months already I would quit right now. What an insult to their customers.

It would be nice if they had the courage to say, "we don't want anyone to be able to function in this horrificly overpriced, poorly balanced, and bug riddled game without paying hundreds of dollars, so we're making the main credit source a nightmare for most of you who aren't whales, or who have lives. Enjoy spending your long weekend regretting the time you flushed away on this game. We'll be enjoying your money. Peace out."

+1
  • C3POwn wrote: »
    I so called this in the original thread. They made GW easy so everyone maxed out their Arena squad and then Bam!!! They fooled us all..

I didn't change my Arena squad one-iota and I still got the f'squad in node 6 and f'squad^infinity node 10-12 ... i think this is a "new" match making algorithm ...
  • Fid
    121 posts Member

The irony being the 1000+ comments over the last 48 hours which, if nothing else is gleaned, pretty much screams "not what you did" lol :confused:
  • Parad1sel
    234 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @CG_JohnSalera

You want us to work 10 times as hard to earn level 40 rewards? What happened to speeding it up? How hard did you have to work to get your head that far up there?

Im looking at a gear 11/12 with full omegas team on Node SIX. You are a sheer genius.
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    I mean, at least consider IMPROVING the rewards too! 12 Nodes for an Ewok Scout shard? Stupidas.
  • Joruus
    57 posts Member
    Before all this complaining, the game was awesome. Now it changes every other day, and it's ruined it for the players who have put in time and work for their place. Now people just want handouts. Why not erase GW altogether, just give us all 400k a day, and the equal amount of gear and ability mats?? That'll make everyone happy, right? Pure insanity, games are meant to be hard especially free ones.
  • thirtythr33
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    A challenge can be overcome. The final node should not be able to wipe out my entire inventory without any effort. Come on. This is poor design. I won't give another penny ever again if this is how you're going to tune the game. The money shouldn't be to buy the carrot on the stick, it should be to buy a faster horse to chase it on.

Edit: Oh, and it just plain takes way too long now. I don't have time for this. GW needs to be either way more fun (completely redesigned and not just the same thing over and over and over again) or way shorter. Not just retuned. Halve the number of nodes and scale up the difficulty more quickly - just not to this level. ****.
  • So many of us are upset by this "tweak". Stand up and be heard! Close your wallets, and write a review based on the this at the App Store.

They will hear us loud and clear!
  • The latest update to Galactic War (GW) is one that makes me question what I'm doing playing this game and spending hundreds of dollars each week on a game that is annoying to go through. I'm all for making things challenging; however, when it comes to a point that it runes the gaming fun for players you have to rethink what is the purpose of it. I'm facing teams that are 15+ levels ahead of me and 2+gear levels than me. If you are going to make it this challenging, then increase the rewards to match the challenge you want it to have. Please change it back to how it used to be, GW should not be the most frustrating, challenging, and annoying part of the game. Thanks!
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Joruus wrote: »
    Before all this complaining, the game was awesome. Now it changes every other day, and it's ruined it for the players who have put in time and work for their place. Now people just want handouts. Why not erase GW altogether, just give us all 400k a day, and the equal amount of gear and ability mats?? That'll make everyone happy, right? Pure insanity, games are meant to be hard especially free ones.
    Why don't I just quit my job, so they can make it as hard as they want, and I'll have time for it. Why is the idea that challenging lies between effortless, and insanely hard such an elusive concept?

• MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Don't worry about Joruus. He won't be changing his stance and his stance is that he's better than you are, so...
  • Please lower the dificulties to the 15th jun please or at least increase the **** reward...
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    GW was reasonable until the last node. 3 G10s and 2 G11s? I don't think I've seen that many divisions in the protection bar ever. But the reward is the same old reward I got at L42? Come on.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    PainSaber wrote: »
    C3POwn wrote: »
    I so called this in the original thread. They made GW easy so everyone maxed out their Arena squad and then Bam!!! They fooled us all..

You got let out of North Korean jail! Congrats. You need to celebrate by creating a thread lol

@PainSaber I lol'd hard. Thanks, I needed that. As far as a new thread goes, I'm going to hold off for a minute.
  • So the good communication the last days was just an illusion. 1* again, and thnks .EiA.
  • Dredin
    20 posts Member
    Good for them to switch things up. If you want to make it that hard switch up the characters we can farm there. For me, I'll definitely need to work at it ti finish. Could the last two days.
  • Ashoka41
    21 posts Member
    I am totally frustrated!!! I love the idea of involving all characters. But this you are doing already with the events. Weaker characters than the best team are simply killed at once. So there is actually no challenge. My Luminara with over 6000 points and full shilds was killed with one stroke.
  • The difficulty was fine before the recent change, but it took too long. So they did something to speed it up that made it easier. They decided it was too easy, so they made it far more ridiculously hard than it was before the changes that made it easier, and now they're trying to pass it off as being somewhere between the two. Not even close! I had to use my entire roster to get to node 12 yesterday, and then I couldn't beat node 12. That was not happening before the recent nerf. This is much harder than it was before that change occurred, and it's taking longer. If speeding it up is a goal, you went as far the other direction as you possibly could. It was fun to play GW before the nerf. It just took a lot of time. It wasn't easy for me to auto every level after the nerf, so I still had to play a bunch of the nodes, and there was still a challenge if I didn't want to lose characters. I also had to change my roster a few times throughout, depending on who I faced. So I didn't mind that change. But it's not fun now, it takes even longer than before, when it already needed speeding up, and it's impossible to beat. I have a deep roster of good characters, and I couldn't beat node 12 yesterday. I'm wondering if I'll even get that far today. I had to lose several of my best characters just to get through node 6 today. I had four nodes in a row with level 80 7-star characters yesterday, and I'm not going to be able to do that with the number of characters I've already lost today. It takes 3-4 full teams just to get through one of those nodes.
  • Someone at EA needs to be shown the door for this mess!
  • Joruus wrote: »
    Absurd GW !!! I am facing 7***80 lvl Rey omegaed on the 11th challenge. Impossible to beat. She killed my entire set within seconds.... This is NOT fun and challenging. It's not hard, but impossible with my characters. Why do I even bother with GW.... Oh wait, bcs I need to earn credits so I can somehow lvl my characters.... Very very disappointed with EA and their take on this part of the game.

Stun her. Stop crying.

Joruus who are you to tell people to stop crying . Everything has the right to complain or perhaps you're a kind of new communist than games. please if you do not agree with the complaint of the people you have an adverse comment but do not underestimate the comments of others . that is falling very low

No, crying about a phone game which you can't beat, because you'd rather get mad and post online, instead of reading other forums and adjusting your strategy. That's falling real low.

I'd just like to point out that you are the one that is attacking players and sounding very angry about a phone game. Others are posting about a terrible design decision.
  • Joruus
    57 posts Member
    MONSTER00 wrote: »
    The latest update to Galactic War (GW) is one that makes me question what I'm doing playing this game and spending hundreds of dollars each week on a game that is annoying to go through. I'm all for making things challenging; however, when it comes to a point that it runes the gaming fun for players you have to rethink what is the purpose of it. I'm facing teams that are 15+ levels ahead of me and 2+gear levels than me. If you are going to make it this challenging, then increase the rewards to match the challenge you want it to have. Please change it back to how it used to be, GW should not be the most frustrating, challenging, and annoying part of the game. Thanks!

How have you spent Hundred of dollars, and don't have a maxed team, that makes zero sense. Also, DON'T SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON A POINTLESS PHONE GAME
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    MONSTER00 wrote: »
    The latest update to Galactic War (GW) is one that makes me question what I'm doing playing this game and spending hundreds of dollars each week on a game that is annoying to go through. I'm all for making things challenging; however, when it comes to a point that it runes the gaming fun for players you have to rethink what is the purpose of it. I'm facing teams that are 15+ levels ahead of me and 2+gear levels than me. If you are going to make it this challenging, then increase the rewards to match the challenge you want it to have. Please change it back to how it used to be, GW should not be the most frustrating, challenging, and annoying part of the game. Thanks!

How have you spent Hundred of dollars, and don't have a maxed team, that makes zero sense. Also, DON'T SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON A POINTLESS PHONE GAME
    On that point we agree. Spending that much is silly to me, but people can spend their money on whatever makes them happy. But hundreds or even thousands is a drop in the bucket in this game. Getting a single pay toon to 7*, no levels, and no gear yet is easily $2-300. Chump change.

• DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    Here's some player feedback:

I'm done spending real money on an imitation game with people that lie and make poor decisions running it.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Joby_Wan1 wrote: »
    Whatever tuning they did on June 29th, they messed up for people at the very top end of the game. Every single person I have talked to that has a maxed out arena team is getting these weak 3* level 80ish toons with no gear on at least node 12, some on node 11 too.

I have completed more than 150 GWs and never saw those weak final nodes until the last 2 days. This is now two days in a row. What are the odds of that?

Something is amiss...

The players with fully geared arena teams may be seeing 3*weak teams but people who don't have fully geared teams are seeing 40,000+power teams in one or more nodes.

I bet the devs flipped something again.
  • Mine isn't just more difficult, it is completely impossible. The majority of my resources are in my arena team which are all lvl 78 gear 9. After that, the next tier of my toons are lvl 75 gear 7/8. Today I faced 4 teams lvl 80 gear 10/11 and no matter what combo I use I can not get passed the last node. It's simply no fun spending hours on a "challenge" that can't be beaten.

The last team they threw at me was Anakin (L), Fives, Aayla, QGJ, and RG. Every ability was omegaed w 41k power... just unreal.

I had that team today on node 12 too. No way for a 32k power player like me to beat that.
  • icyhot090608
    173 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The change was nice to a degree making some nodes harder, but seems the final node has become impossible. This time I was faced with a maxed ima gun di (L), maxed fisto, maxed aayla, maxed Leia, and maxed 5s. I would post a photo of that squad and my arena squad but can never get the pic to load. Anyways, the final node seems to have gone up too high. Anyone else notice this?
  • Lirg
    170 posts Member
    Green geared 12th node here