Community Update - 7/1/2016 - Comments ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Bovda_Yevoba
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Joruus wrote: »
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Gokan wrote: »
    Maybe for GW they should just increase the rewards but cut out some nodes. Maybe make it just 6 but have them be a challenge

Complainers won't be satisfied until they can auto it. CG should just ignore the complainers.

Thank you, before all this complaining, the game was awesome. Now it changes every other day, it's ruined for the players who have put in time and work for their place. Now people just want handouts. Why not erase GW altogether, just give us all 400k a day, and the equal amount of gear and ability mats?? That'll make everyone happy, right? Pure insanity, games are meant to be hard

I don't want hand outs. I want the game to move out of Beta mode where the developers seem to break something new on a weekly basis.

It's a mobile game. It's not supposed to take all day to complete all the activities.
  • Last_Pariah
    39 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Anyone have a clue as to what this will be for? My guess is during Star War Celebration they will announce Ships in some capacity.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/50953/community-update-7-1-2016#latest
  • Merged to the mega where no one will read this in 3...2...
  • This is going to be merged with the megathread :P
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    MosDefJeff wrote: »
    Merged to the mega where no one will read this in 3...2...

Called it
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Picture just looks like a redesign for the gear. 6 slots with plus symbols. Just like our gear.
  • Circuit board for ship upgrades?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Gear shop confirmed lol
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    What's ships?
  • Yes! Useless information we already knew! Thanks!
  • Maybe they find a way to improve the use of bronzium data card :neutral:

I always hated having to pull bronzium data cards for useless junk. I could care less about 1 character shard I pull once in a blue moon and full character pull every leap year.

I'll continue praying for a change in Bronzium data cards...
  • Perhaps it's a system to use lower level gear to craft higher gear. Here's hoping.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Last comment on this

My perception is that this company has now killed the golden goose.

• Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    Those are slots to put your iTunes and Googal play cards.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Perhaps it's a system to use lower level gear to craft higher gear. Here's hoping.

Wouldn't that be something...
  • The image is probably for current un-obtanium gear or the construction of ship
  • We just had about $90k show up tonight
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    It's gonna be the new bronzium card
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    looks like a new datapack

Would be in line with this game. A new datapack to buy raid gear for an abnormal amount of money.
  • Maybe they find a way to improve the use of bronzium data card :neutral:

I always hated having to pull bronzium data cards for useless junk. I could care less about 1 character shard I pull once in a blue moon and full character pull every leap year.

I'll continue praying for a change in Bronzium data cards...
    That means you do care... at least a little
  • Did I read it true that the tier 2 of the next event is set for level 81 but doable at 80 . Are we getting a level 90 update
    General of Faceless ANZACS
    https://swgoh.gg/u/evilanzac/
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    That's a starship gear panel. The starships table has been here since launch with the he hutt sitting at it. What with the celebration around the corner this would make perfect sense to release the starships expansion, with one of the raids being either the deathstar or the blockade over naboo. This can be seen in some state on the the raid page already.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Will military might come back?
  • My guess is: combine unneeded/useless gear into higher level gear
  • medetec wrote: »
    7 dots per row, 6 rows, 6 additional freestanding spaces and 2 green lights. 7x6 + 6 + 2 = 50. 50 players per guild, Half Life 3 confirmed.

Hahaha, this is awesome.
  • Maybe they are unlocking new gear so more toons can go g11
  • nematocyte
    421 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    MLGebra wrote: »
    No, only low level, low starred people liked it. I could auto it with my jedi 3rd team before the past few days. It was boring and didn't reward me for having a monster team, at all. Work on your team, use the forums to see who you should get, and stop crying.

Wrong and rude at the same time - double whammy! Hate to break it to you but the number of people that like this difficulty jump are by far in the minority. Are you saying 9/10 players on these forums are low level, low geared, crybabies who don't understand how to play the game? Cause that's what it looks like to me.

Yes. I haven't seen a single player from any leader board anywhere, on here crying. Period. Your strategy sucks, you need to get better, period. I am a F2P player, who has spent at most $40 on this game. Yet I have several characters almost maxed out, none at g11, and I still fly through GWs. Did two full ones today, in under 30 Minutes. It was actually fun, whereas it has been weak, not challenging, and pandered to the weak. That isn't the point. The post is to have certain parts you CANNOT beat. Again, participation trophies are -- to me.

Edit: removed language

If you did two GWs in under 30 minutes, that doesn't sound very challenging. If you include screen transitions, it takes about 45 seconds to auto each node on average for all 12 nodes (post-GW nerf), and that's on my gaming tablet that loads content a bit faster than a phone or traditional tablet. The team I've run these numbers with is all-out DPS. That's obviously way too easy, but reverting in any fashion to the old GW is taking two steps backwards.

So 2 GWs in under 30 minutes aside, where I take issue with what you've said is that you seem perfectly happy in your misconstrual of what most people dislike about GW. Every post you've made on this topic is evidence of that. Here are the two main issues: The rewards don't scale with difficulty and retreating ad nauseum to avoid bad RNG is boring and too time-consuming to the vast majority of gamers, especially given the former issue of poor rewards.

We want GW to be a fun challenge, and there are literally hundreds of posts with valid ideas to reach that end point. I'm glad you enjoy it as is, but you are in a minority of people--many of which are condescending--that seem totally disconnected from most of the player-base. I'm posting this as someone with well-geared characters and a deep enough roster to reliably complete it if I had enough time in the day.

Post edited by nematocyte on
  • @EA_Jesse
    • Totally missed the boat with this 'tweak'!!
    • Credit Heist is cool and I think moderately well received. Thanks :)
    • Guild bank coins was a nice little gesture. Thanks :)
    • Raid gear price adjustment and refund was also a nice gesture. Thanks :)
    • Raid reward exploit fix was handled in an exemplary manner. Great job!!

Overall this weeks update have been awful! The respect and gratitude gained by the final four bullet points is eclipsed by the poor job on GW. In the future, please learn from how this was handled. Please at least give us a heads up when you make major game changes. Announcing that GW difficulty was going to be lowered as a benefit and then two weeks later raising the difficulty above the original setting and doing so with no announcement put a bad taste in almost everyone's mouth. Please do the right thing by the community and at least announce changes. Communication is really essential to morale.
  • Maybe GW would be worth the trouble if it has DECENT rewards! for crying out loud tweak it all you want, it's the reward you should be looking over the MOST smh till it comes off lul :smiley:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Perhaps it's a system to use lower level gear to craft higher gear. Here's hoping.

I was thinking/hoping it is the same thing.