Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Not true. Please stop.

I didn't believe in this whole pre-determined stuff either ...until it happened to me ...and it wasn't in GW, but in Arena.

Today, I went up against a team led by Lumi and tried stunning her using Dooku who went first. It got deflected and I eventually lost. Not a problem. After the cool down was over, I went up against that same team with the same line-up. My Dooku went up first, tried stunning Lumi and got the same deflection. I eventually lost again. Hmmm, okay. Tried for the third time. Tried stunning Lumi with Dooku and she deflected. Again.

I still don't want to believe in this pre-determined theory, but isn't what happened to me just too much of a coincidence? Three stun attempts at the same hero and the exact same outcome? Or should I buy a lottery ticket because the unlikely of the unlikely happened to me? ;)

I am sure CG goes through a lot of internal debate, but it seems every major update comes with a big controversial decision that results in a big backlash. It was Barriss in the first update and removing the retreat option in the second one.

As some point out, rotating heroes in and out was the only true strategic element in this game. It was like a coach subbing players in and out as they saw necessary in a football game. Now, it is just about who has a deep bench and/or having the patience to do the same battle over and over again until the player gets a favourable RNG - assuming it is not pre-determined.

A better route could have been keeping the retreat option, but also keeping the buff/debuff effects - so that it caters to the demand/view of both sides. Going with the "either-this-or-that" approach than trying to find a middle ground rarely achieves a good outcome; going with one party's view over the others will almost always result in having the party that lost out greatly resenting the decision that CG went with.

It also confirms that CG unfortunately does cave into people who complain loud and persistently. Expect to see even more heated conversations in the forum in an attempt to sway CG towards their view.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So basically, if you're **** then you're **** and retreating/restarting won't do anything. Thanks a bunch, CG. On battle 9 I just came against a level 60 purple team with Maul, Dooku, Sid, Lumi and Poe who managed to kill my already half injured team before I was even able to make a move. I then put the next 6 depleted characters in and they too got wasted before being able to make a move. It's even more catered to the big spenders now who can afford 50 toons, the rest of us are ****. Either scrap this ridiculous change or make it so that the highest level enemy you face is the same level as you. We should all get compensated with 400 GW crystals for you "mistakingly" not informing us this **** change was taking place.
  • I feel like a totally dummy, i've been playing this game for a couple weeks only, and I had no idea there was even a retreat option in galactic wars haha so I pretty much had to swap out KO'd characters for fresh characters and hope for the best. My win rate was about 60% i'd say...so I guess this patch doesnt change anything for me as this is how i've been playing from day 1, and its been extremely challenging to complete a galactic war
  • Hate it. Used to love Galactic war.

HATE IT.

My characters are dead or near dead, can't continue, meager rewards.
    Maybe if I drop a ton of cash I can have enough toons to complete it.

Way to Jay Wilson up your game.

Thanks.
  • I made an account simply to respond to this thread. I've been a non-vocal player since launch, and I've spent quite a bit of time and just a bit of money on this game, which I've been enjoying thoroughly so far.

But with this change to GW, for some reason, I find myself losing all will to play whatsoever. It just seems absolutely hopeless now. And this is coming from someone who is top 10 arena on my server... the GW should NOT feel utterly hopeless to me. I should have a CHANCE at least.

This has severely limited the amount of fun I can have with this game, and I'm pretty bummed on that... and don't see myself continuing to play, honestly. It was fun while it lasted.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    It also confirms that CG unfortunately does cave into people who complain loud and persistently. Expect to see even more heated conversations in the forum in an attempt to sway CG towards their view.

^^^^^^
    That's it right there...
  • This is really **** me off, they've now made completing GW virtually impossible. Well **** done, EA.

You retreat after killing 2 of the enemy and it resets, you retreat after 2 of your guys die and it doesn't reset instead they stay dead. **** this game, they won't be getting another penny out of me unless they fix this ****.

Cry more broh. U mad?
  • rjokay wrote: »
    I made an account simply to respond to this thread. I've been a non-vocal player since launch, and I've spent quite a bit of time and just a bit of money on this game, which I've been enjoying thoroughly so far.

But with this change to GW, for some reason, I find myself losing all will to play whatsoever. It just seems absolutely hopeless now. And this is coming from someone who is top 10 arena on my server... the GW should NOT feel utterly hopeless to me. I should have a CHANCE at least.

This has severely limited the amount of fun I can have with this game, and I'm pretty bummed on that... and don't see myself continuing to play, honestly. It was fun while it lasted.

When they're coming out of the woodwork to post on your message boards, you've probably funked up your game.
  • They just lost a paying customer.

Not spending another dollar till they switch this back i suggest everyone do the same and if you are f2p dont bother complaing cause ea wont listen to u untill they start losing money
  • I really don't understand these P2W games. Clash of Clans also went the same way, totally catering to the very big spenders. They had a 100+ pages of complaints last time I checked before quitting that game along with quite a few friends, moderate spenders.

I understand game devs don't make anything from the F2P brigade, I didn't realize that even P2P are redundant...

I'm not quiting as of now, will have to see if the game is still viable. The level cap to 70 combined with this, will I be able to game on or will it become a drag? I guess I'll find out soon enough. Early days and I did grow up on Star Wars, movies, games, novels, everything.
  • It is really crap that some players say that GW was easy earlier and welcome this change. At lvl 60 it is the norm to face full teams of max levels with purple gears from node 6 onwards, and I don't believe that you can get through it with your toons intact without retreating and healing unless you are a p2w with a Super solid team. For f2p, even Lumi or Sid can get Low in health from time to time in battles, and once Lumi is dead GW is almost impossible to clear.

Bad change in my opinion. However, the previous app game I played never had this retreat function, so perhaps it is a rather "fair implementation". It will just widen the GAP between f2p n those who spend money further as f2p can no longer farm characters in GW.
  • RMRilke wrote: »
    rjokay wrote: »
    I made an account simply to respond to this thread. I've been a non-vocal player since launch, and I've spent quite a bit of time and just a bit of money on this game, which I've been enjoying thoroughly so far.

When they're coming out of the woodwork to post on your message boards, you've probably funked up your game.

Haha, Hey! Just like me! GW honestly was the mainreason I liked this game. I put the atonement of time into Bariss pre-nerf, but I was one of the lucky few to get her in bronzium, so I stayed quiet. But to take the one bit that required strategy out and to insert a new, buggy method (maybe it's a full reset, maybe after your player died? Who knows!)... I dunno. I think the development team earned the unhappiness in the fan base this time, if not some of the abuse (no one ever deserves abuse, guys).
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just played the same match 3 times, did the exact same thing 3 times. Same exact results all three times (as expected). Other team was FOTP, Chewy, Daka, and 2 others I didn't care about. I killed FOTP, Chewy, then attacked Daka. Same exact dmg every hit, same exact results every time. After attacking Daka she would raise FOTP and Chewy. So forth time I will just kill Daka first.

NOW I feel dirty and I am totally gaming the system. Please change it back.

I did video it too
    --Nud Stark--
  • Re: RNG -

I WAS WRONG ABOUT THIS! In GW ONLY, the same party composition trying the same battles vs the same enemies will keep its RNG Seed (for those of you who know what that is). There's a vigorous discussion about this happening right now behind me.

I'd like to apologize to everybody who I said was wrong :)

I just spoke with some of our battle system programmers about this and they confirmed that this was added a while ago and it wasn't removed because there are some legitimate anti-exploit reasons for it.

I don't always have to put my foot in my mouth, but when I do, I put it all the way in.

-Aaron

This is the quality of PR we've come to expect. The left hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing. Or, maybe it does, and you're all just lying to us. We got a nerf to Barriss that took her from (if you paid $50) best in the game to barely usable, and even then only to counter 2 (admittedly overused) characters. After this, we're told we're going to be told of huge changes in balance in advance.

Only, the lame "server change" excuse is what we get, instead. Your "legitimate anti-exploit reasons" should be made clear to us. This change should've been discussed WELL IN ADVANCE. For what it's worth, we can still force the numbers to be changed just by switching the order of our active characters, or by switching people in/out of the roster.

Furthermore, utilizing a psuedo-random generation means that we can still save scum to get rolls in our favor, it only means we have to do it with whole fights, instead of being able to save favorable results ad hoc. You've still left in AI exploits. They will still try to heal teammates with heal immunity. You'll still pull teams that are impossible to beat without save scumming.

We have all seen now seen that CG staff will post "facts" without knowing first-hand whether or not they're true or not. We're told by the same folks that the RNG doesn't favor the opponent, only to have 80-90% of the forums beg to differ.

This garbage change should be rolled back. If you're going to implement a system that squashes force-closing, do it without screwing people that weren't using it. What you've done here only serves to make it harder for those that either never abused it, or are only now just starting.

Oh, and a little btw to forum readers, I still made my way through all 12 levels of GW today. This isn't about my victory/loss at one gametype, this is about the game as a whole.
  • Man you make it hard for a guy who wants to spend money on your game to spend money.

Maybe if you fixed the matchmaking and allowed for the entire lineup to heal say, 30% each round, this would work out.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So I've been farming lum and phasma in GW for quite awhile now (5 lum and 4 phasma) and was gonna go for sid after them.
    With this change and the matchmaking system matching me vs. teams that are way more powerful than me how long will it be before I can level them up? Assuming 100 shards a day, maybe 200 since no way will I come close to winning it. And how big will the gap between me and people that already have a 7 star sid be if and when I could get him?
  • It's lucky that I've already been able to achieve characters like Luminara and Phasma because I don't see a completion of GW happening again for me ever again. The disparity between those that got theirs and those that didn't before this change I'd expect to be quite large and that doesn't seem to be a good decision if that's the case.

This actually has removed a great deal of fun strategy that I enjoyed.

Friends I've introduced to this game have already sent me messages asking what on earth has happened and how the game is no longer as fun with just this one change in behavior.

(Registered my account in the forum just to share my displeasure as well and +1 to how it discourages me from backing this game any more as what was reasonably fun and moderate but not insurmountable challenge is now a flat-out chore)
  • As all are aware, the retreat option now functions the same as the force close (restart battle with same stats that it began with). The developers noted that they made this change to make it so that they both gave the same result. I wanted to get a thread together solely to discuss the difference between the two, and why I feel the wrong choice was made.

Force Close: Oops, one of my characters died, and I don't want that... Force Close with a smile on my face. To me this is an exploit. Should we use it? Probably not. This was obviously not intended in the game.

Retreat - I'm facing a team 5 levels above me, I'm going to send in my B team to do as much damage as possible, then send in my A team. To me this is strategy. Your opponent most likely already has an advantage at the start of the fight because your heroes likely have already suffered damage from a previous battle(s). Plus as you get further in the GW, you face teams that are a few levels higher than you, or the dreaded all 60 team after all 60 team. Retreat is almost like a "timeout" to me. During the timeout your team makes substitutions. Should buffs and negative statuses go away, probably not. To me that is what needed to be changed about retreat, not taking it away altogether.

Please discuss, and lets try to keep it civil :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It's no harder for people who completed GW before to complete it now.
    It's just a lot less fun.
    This is one of the worst changes I've ever seen made to any game I've ever played, and I go back to "Pong".
    Everyone has been saying two things for weeks: 1. please fix the bugs and 2. please give us more fun things to do. Most of the bugs are not fixed, and the only fun thing to do is ruined.
    Excellent stuff.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I'm glad they fixed it also.. I completed it today on both my acct. I have a ptp and a ftp. On the ftp all you need is Lum. As leader hit her heal the 1st time she comes up to bat . By the end of the round the other team is all dead her cool down is gone and repeat on the next round.. if something happens and you get nuked right off the bat just retreat come back with full health and repeat until you kill them.. oh and not to seem like a **** learn what toons to kill 1st.. if the team has a taunting tank save your aoes for when his taunt goes up..
  • Awful change. i'm very disapponted, i'm playing this game since 30 november and i was hoping for a great update, but this change to GW is simply awful.. How can a team survive 12 battles (6 of them vs lev60 gear7) without cooldown reset and hp recovery?
    You've ruined the best part of the game..
  • ccfoo wrote: »
    . It will just widen the GAP between f2p n those who spend money further as f2p can no longer farm characters in GW.

But, the thing is... I'm NOT F2P. I've been spending a good amount on the game, and even I can't progress past 6 or so in GW now. Why they didn't fix the match pairing before this retreat "fix" just boggles my mind.

I'm not even really ANGRY is the thing. I'm just SADDENED... like -- Ah, darn, they went and took a fun strategic aspect of the game and turned it into... well I'm not even sure WHAT they were trying to turn it into. All I know for sure is that all the fun has been sapped from it, and if I no longer have a GW to look forward to each day, what's the point in playing anymore...? Hitting SIM or AUTO on a bunch of battles every day?

Reading this. I feel like this is me. Sad days for this game.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Nosnibor wrote: »
    To say I'm angry about this is an understatement. @EA_Jesse @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_JohnSalera Why wasn't this change documented? What are you thinking?

To see comments made by CG/EA staff after the Barriss nerf saying that we'll get more transparency, then something HUGE like this, means my confidence in these two companies is now nonexistant. We're obviously never going to get that dev Q&A if this is the kind of garbage they're willing to roll out without talking about it.

Well, I'd been spending too much money on this game lately anyway. Thanks for giving me an awesome reason to tighten the purse strings, I guess.

Edit: Not only does this completely screw current players and p2w'ers, it disproportionately affects those that have just started or are f2p. Good job pushing away all your prospective customers, and angering all the ones you already have. I seriously can't believe this.

Again in my eyes this was an exploit and apparently the devs agree. If you are paying to win and can't win you just suck. I have put a little money into this and it is still difficult but it gives me a goal to have multiple teams that I can beat this with and I think that was the goal intended.

In your eyes, was Force Close an exploit? Because this also has made it clesrly legal
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    It's no harder for people who completed GW before to complete it now.
    It's just a lot less fun.
    This is one of the worst changes I've ever seen made to any game I've ever played, and I go back to "Pong".
    Everyone has been saying two things for weeks: 1. please fix the bugs and 2. please give us more fun things to do. Most of the bugs are not fixed, and the only fun thing to do is ruined.
    Excellent stuff.

1215 posts on this forum, a user known for counteracting FUD rather than spreading it, and yet here it is. Couldn't have said it better myself. Nice Job guys.
  • The retreat option works great when you have a character base that can manage substitutions. The force close is for that oh crap moment when you enter battle and get hit 5 times and 3 characters die before you can even attack. Both have benefit and uses, but now each and ever battle is permanent and we are forced to acquire more characters, level up said characters, and hopefully have enough to rotate out so we can stand a chance. Some dont have the funds and with what they got they are using GW to earn characters and shards. Take that away and you slow the game down for everyone but the paying players. Have to buy crystals to get toons, have to buy crystals to refresh energy.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Force-closing, and this new mess, are just "reload from save game". There is no strategy involved, just "try it and if you don't like the result, try something else".
    Read my (now defunct) guide in the Guides area. It contains tons of information on how the old retreat button worked and the sorts of strategies that were possible.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • XD this is why updates happen on Thursdays in most games, the reactions pour in Thursday and Friday then if bad, the team gets to hide all weekend till the player base cools down lol.

To everyone believing GW is now more difficult, do not fret, it isnt, check this thread for why.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6165/gw-may-the-rng-be-with-you
  • Also registered just to say how gutted I feel about this. GW was the best part of the game for me. I loved the strategy of it, plugging in B team characters after a main goes down, managing heals so I can bring in weak heroes when I have a numbers advantage, all of it. Now I feel less motivated than ever to keep going. Maybe if this wasn't coupled with the level cap increase so I could have leveled my bench this would be tolerable, but my main 5 have to keep pace at the expense of the rest of my roster.

Now my "deep bench" feels so useless because they cant be used situationally and will just put me at a disadvantage early in the match. My 51 Vader and 48 Poggle had uses before, now they need to be leveled and geared to max or never see the light of day.

And the glaring lack of communication from the dev about this as well as the condescending way he responded about the RNG comments is concerning.

I'll keep playing, I guess, but I sure won't keep spending.

I agree with you. I spend a lot of time and I spent solid amount of money. Enough to by several PS4's, which I now regret not doing instead.