Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Stupid decision. **** ****. How am I supposed to beat a level 60 fully purple geared team now? I've spent £40 on this game so far, I want my money back now.

Make a refund to google or appstore. They have specific formulars for that and to 99% they say ok.
  • I wonder if your team loses and it did some damage, does enemy's everything stay the same as it should or does it all go back to fresh?
    I won't be spending a dollar as for now, not that I was a big spender to this point but I thought I want to buy the next bundle as I would like to support the game I really like.
    Not anymore
  • RMRilke wrote: »
    rjokay wrote: »
    I made an account simply to respond to this thread. I've been a non-vocal player since launch, and I've spent quite a bit of time and just a bit of money on this game, which I've been enjoying thoroughly so far.

But with this change to GW, for some reason, I find myself losing all will to play whatsoever. It just seems absolutely hopeless now. And this is coming from someone who is top 10 arena on my server... the GW should NOT feel utterly hopeless to me. I should have a CHANCE at least.

This has severely limited the amount of fun I can have with this game, and I'm pretty bummed on that... and don't see myself continuing to play, honestly. It was fun while it lasted.

When they're coming out of the woodwork to post on your message boards, you've probably funked up your game.

Agreed
  • They just lost a paying customer.

Not spending another dollar till they switch this back i suggest everyone do the same and if you are f2p dont bother complaing cause ea wont listen to u untill they start losing money

I'm with you. I won't spend either and I was a few hundred a week.
  • dinks182 wrote: »
    On the ftp all you need is Lum.

Seriously? Have you even read about the kind of enemies most of us are coming up against? All we need is Lum :s! I bow to your infinite wisdom!

Guys, stop complaining. Get the real Lum, the one he has.
  • I hope you're reading all of this Aaron. I really do.
  • dinks182 wrote: »
    On the ftp all you need is Lum.

Seriously? Have you even read about the kind of enemies most of us are coming up against? All we need is Lum :s! I bow to your infinite wisdom!

Guys, stop complaining. Get the real Lum, the one he has.

Effing hilarious.
  • That's another good point I read.
    There were characters like Ewok Elder that I don't have trained or geared (4 and lvl 42) but once he won me GW by me putting him in and him reviving Dooku who turned out to be the last man standing.
    Those lower level characters who won't last long but had something useful to add to the strategy will now never be used.
    Being a collector is no longer useful
  • Just played the same match 3 times, did the exact same thing 3 times. Same exact results all three times (as expected). Other team was FOTP, Chewy, Daka, and 2 others I didn't care about. I killed FOTP, Chewy, then attacked Daka. Same exact dmg every hit, same exact results every time. After attacking Daka she would raise FOTP and Chewy. So forth time I will just kill Daka first.

NOW I feel dirty and I am totally gaming the system. Please change it back.

I did video it too

Always kill Daka fast or she brings them back. Going for Chewie before her was a mistake.

I'm anti this change BTW, just offering a piece of advice.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    It's no harder for people who completed GW before to complete it now.
    It's just a lot less fun.
    This is one of the worst changes I've ever seen made to any game I've ever played, and I go back to "Pong".
    Everyone has been saying two things for weeks: 1. please fix the bugs and 2. please give us more fun things to do. Most of the bugs are not fixed, and the only fun thing to do is ruined.
    Excellent stuff.

Nailed it. They actually think they added content to the game. With a level cap, new equipment shard farms and puuping on GW lol
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Man you make it hard for a guy who wants to spend money on your game to spend money.

Maybe if you fixed the matchmaking and allowed for the entire lineup to heal say, 30% each round, this would work out.

We should get some sort of heal for winning the match. That should be the in match reward (of course you get other out of match rewards). Meaning, since we can't use our abilities at the start of every match like the opponent can, our heroes should heal to some degree. This feature would be harder to take advantage of too, now that you have to play a match with your entire 5 man squad. Seems like a great solution.
  • The biggest issue to me with this is that the amount of energy, time and in-game resources that are necessary to even think about keeping your main A-Team up to level with the other players for arena more than saps everything they give you for free - especially with the horrid drop rates of needed gear (looking at you character who need 20 Mk VIII weapon molds, or Phasma needing 50 purple gear for one spot). The idea behind GW is to make you develop your bench and farm other players besides your top 5 - and I'm okay with that...except that there is no reasonable way to do it. There are no where near enough training remotes / ability materials / energy for gear missions in the game without spending stupid amounts of actual cash on refreshes endlessly. I guess that's what it comes down to, though - spend more money to level up your bench and keep up with the Jones' in arena or suffer from diminished rewards and a widening gap between you and the people on your server group.

Allow us some reasonable way to actually take part in the various facets of the game. Don't hit us with ridiculous upgrade requirements that we have to keep up with for Arena and then cripple us in GW for not have a deep enough roster.
  • They just lost a paying customer.

Not spending another dollar till they switch this back i suggest everyone do the same and if you are f2p dont bother complaing cause ea wont listen to u untill they start losing money

I'm with you. I won't spend either and I was a few hundred a week.

Here! one more!!

• Just played the same match 3 times, did the exact same thing 3 times. Same exact results all three times (as expected). Other team was FOTP, Chewy, Daka, and 2 others I didn't care about. I killed FOTP, Chewy, then attacked Daka. Same exact dmg every hit, same exact results every time. After attacking Daka she would raise FOTP and Chewy. So forth time I will just kill Daka first.

NOW I feel dirty and I am totally gaming the system. Please change it back.

I did video it too

Always kill Daka fast or she brings them back. Going for Chewie before her was a mistake.

I'm anti this change BTW, just offering a piece of advice.

I was 8 levels higher than the team so none of it really mattered to me. I was just running a test to show why the new system is flawed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlYaw6d0vXY
    --Nud Stark--
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    There actually is a slight heal after each round is won. But it's pretty small, somewhere between 500 and 1000 I would guess.
    I'm doing GW now. It is going fine, it is just BORING. I have to use the same characters every time, and I can never rotate in any role players.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    The Bariss nerf taught you nothing it did.... Learn a lesson know you did? Feel the pain of those affected now you do? Regret your words of hate you gave then now

Too late you learn the nerf stick comes for all it does... Fear it and evoke not its name for one day it will come for something you love it will

Learn or learn not it is upto you
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • i actually think it is a good thing, im only lvl 50 but when I completed it for my first time (before I knew about retreat) it was such a nice feeling and a challenge. I completed a few days later again and then I found out about the retreat function and have not failed since. It was to easy!
    I really like a challenge and if I only get to stage 6-7 now then so be it, it will just take a bit longer to save up for the characters I want...meaning I will stay interested in the game a bit longer :)
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Everyone has been saying two things for weeks: 1. please fix the bugs and 2. please give us more fun things to do. Most of the bugs are not fixed, and the only fun thing to do is ruined.
    Excellent stuff.

agree 100%
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Ah yes, the Barriss nerf. How ironic, since Barriss is now going to be MANDATORY as leader in GW. Glad I've been advising people to still get her for GW anyway.
  • Now that I know GW Retreat == Reset.

Did anyone else notice that retreat sometimes still worked like it used to? I could swear there were one or two times when I was retreating today for testing purposes, the heroes that I killed on the opposing team didn't come back to life/full-life.

I still completed GW today but honestly I preferred the old way, felt more tactical to me. This new method just reminds me of save scumming (Terrorize89 has a good guide on how it's done, which I am more than willing to do to complete my GWs.)
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I think it's funny that the devs have a vision for the game and then implement their vision (being the "reload saved game" vision) and then we complain that we like the old way they did which obviously was not thought through (hence the reason for the change).

In a week or less, this will all cool down and people will go back to enjoying GW. Force close, as Qeltar said, is like playing any other game with reloading a saved game. Their vision was NOT to cheese abilities and dot's etc by retreating and getting back in.

Personally I wish we still had both, it made things soooooooo easy, but since we don't I got to live with it.

FC was great for that oh crap case, but retreat was much much better for those stupid FOTP, Leia, teams where you could kill one, retreat, and come back 5 on 4.
    Ah yes, the Barriss nerf. How ironic, since Barriss is now going to be MANDATORY as leader in GW. Glad I've been advising people to still get her for GW anyway.

Yea, 7* Barris will be a huge help
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Pity you learn not....

Not Bariss important..... Hate of an item, desire gained from fear.....path to the nerf side

• This update has completely ruined what was fun about galactic war, coming up against a more powerful side, using strategy and your whole roster to chip away at it, milk their specials and ultimately somehow win. Even if it meant sacrificing 5-10 guys to get through. Not only will winning through to a galactic war now be impossible it has lost what made it the best gameplay mode in the game. Good job...
  • Good thing Dooku is farmable, now. Everyone is now forced to run him in GW to abuse his double stun, and every AI team is going to have him, too. The game just is now going to get 100% more annoying.

Also, I love how Leia's multi-attack over-proccing was addressed, yet she's still giving her buff out 100$ of fights. Nice QA, that.
  • Typical EA. Sigh.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Leia makes it rain dolla bills
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Also, I love how Leia's multi-attack over-proccing was addressed, yet she's still giving her buff out 100$ of fights. Nice QA, that.

Is she really? Wow.
    They had weeks to do this patch.
    I don't even know what to say. There were so many bugs pointed out and almost none of them were addressed. But why bother tinkering with her at all if they weren't going to fix her?
    Unimpressive.
    Is she really? Wow.
    They had weeks to do this patch.
    I don't even know what to say. There were so many bugs pointed out and almost none of them were addressed. But why bother tinkering with her at all if they weren't going to fix her?
    Unimpressive.

They've had weeks to do all the patches - Leia procs, Ackbar and other specials not working, targeting shifting on it's own...

What do they work on? Something that wasn't even necessary. Why? Because now players have to spend more money to level up B squads to complete GW.
    It's no harder for people who completed GW before to complete it now.
    It's just a lot less fun.
    This is one of the worst changes I've ever seen made to any game I've ever played, and I go back to "Pong".
    Excellent stuff.

I find myself on the same page with a lot of your views, except on that first statement. Without the ability to rotate heroes in and out to manage your heal cool down and injuries means you are toasted once your core heroes are low on health and/or your heals are depleted. Coupled with the fact that 1) the current meta is all about damage, and 2) most players don't have the depth to withstand the war of attrition, I just fail to see how most players can complete GW on a consistent basis - unless 1) you load-reload for a favourable RNG (meaning the game has now become a puzzle game where you go through multiple trials to see which sequence of actions results in the most optimal outcome), and/or 2) you get 12 favourable match ups (if you get three consecutive teams of Phasma/Leia/Poe/FOTP, you might as well give up)

But your other comments are very valid. No bug fixes and a big controversial change that sucks the fun out from what I enjoyed the most in this game...