GW: May the RNG be with you

I'm sure most of us are aware of the changes by now, and most feel that GW is harder unless you have deep pockets, but this is not the case. Because by using the new retreat, you can get your matches to all be like this.

http://imgur.com/aFhO8Um

All my heals were on cooldown from the previous fight so I had to get through this match taking as little dmg as possible, using the new "retreat" I manipulated RNG by retreating a few times till it heavily favoured me and gave me such results. Match ended with my guys fully healed and off cooldown.

Everytime you retreat and reenter you can keep changing the outcome of RNG as long as either you change a party member or change your first action. But you actually don't need to change your team, only the order in the team. You could swap members 2 and 3 with each other and that's apparently enough of a change to get a completely new outcome.

Also only the first attack needs to change for the entire match to go differently, if Daka went second and missed her stun, as long as Dooku preformed a new action, Dakas stun can land on the same target it previously missed

Now GW is easy beyond belief as long as you don't mind spending time on each match getting RNG to assist you. The previous retreat still allowed for strategy even if you could get rid of debuffs, now it's just trail and error.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Exactly.
    Before: plan and use retreats and character rotations carefully.
    Now: cheesily manipulate the game if you want to win.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Exactly.

Yep, exactly. I find this absolutely hilarious in that now it is just extreme cheese getting thru GW. That along with people that have 15-20 7* epics criticizing people that struggle to clear it. Just git good.

• Dont put another penny into this game theyll change something once they notice a significant drop in their profit
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Exactly.

Yep, exactly. I find this absolutely hilarious in that now it is just extreme cheese getting thru GW. That along with people that have 15-20 7* epics criticizing people that struggle to clear it. Just git good.

The cheese is so strong that my tablet stinks xD

http://imgur.com/o5pqPGm

Another match, Dooku stunned Sid, Daka doubled stunned those two. Before I would have retreated after Tarkins aoe, now everyone was stunned or blocked. Fight ended with me having max hp and no cooldown again. I miss the old retreat :( it was fun having to juggle teams and use new combos, now it will mostly be Daka Dooku and Poggle locking everyone down. Cleared GW and didn't lose a single character, always lost a couple previously, was part of the excitement.

But it's either this now or not beat GW without deep pockets.
  • Omnirhyze
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    This has been bugging me for a long time, but what does RNG stand for?

I hope I'm asking this for everyone too afraid to ask it because they think it's obvious.

I'll give the new retreat button a try. I completed my first GW a few days before the update, so I hope I can manipulate this retreat button too...

Edit: Thanks @Terrorize89
    Post edited by Omnirhyze on
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Omnirhyze wrote: »
    This has been bugging me for a long time, but what does RNG stand for?

I hope I'm asking this for everyone too afraid to ask it because they think it's obvious.

I'll give the new retreat button a try. I completed my first GW a few days before the update, so I hope I can manipulate this retreat button too...

Random Number Generator :) it's what's used to calculate every action, hit, miss, crit etc. Basically a 100 sided dice is rolled for whenever something happens. For example is Daka has 40% chance to stun, them the dice is rolled and if it lands on 1 to 40, stun lands, if it's 41 to 100 it gets resisted.

That is how I understand it at least xD broke it down a lot but that's roughly the basic idea.
  • Easier still for veteran/P2P players but I suppose now I'll just cheese it until Geonosian crits followed by a Sid/Lumi crit to kill their most dangerous threat, then roll on with my 5v4 match from there. Kinda annoying, but still workable.
  • Haha I RNG-ed until my Dooku stuns on 1st turn.
    Maybe the next patch they're gonna put a cap on the number of "retreats" we can do....

This is so hilarious....
    "Retreat"?? Come on its more like "Retry"

And my verdict's out, new MVP for GW: JC!!:smiley:
  • Now GW is easy beyond belief as long as you don't mind spending time on each match getting RNG to assist you.

What if I do mind?
  • Except you can't beyond what is predetermined. If it is a tough battle for you, RNG has already done its job when the battle starts. Either you can win you just have to try over and over and over until you find the right combination, or it is impossible to win and it doesn't matter at all what you do.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Except you can't beyond what is predetermined. If it is a tough battle for you, RNG has already done its job when the battle starts. Either you can win you just have to try over and over and over until you find the right combination, or it is impossible to win and it doesn't matter at all what you do.

Except it's not predetermined, not completely. You only have to change one move or change the order of your team and boom, new set of predetermined results, and you can keep doing this. The system only remembers the last outcome or last couple, before it has to forget them to make room for the new set of predictions.
  • Once someone runs into those all 7* whale team this goes out the window.

• Except it's not predetermined, not completely. You only have to change one move or change the order of your team and boom, new set of predetermined results, and you can keep doing this. The system only remembers the last outcome or last couple, before it has to forget them to make room for the new set of predictions.

It IS predetermined. You change what you do, and the PREDETERMINED outcome changes, but it is still predetermined. IE: Predetermined Combo 1 doesn't work, Predetermined Combo 2 doesn't work, Predetermined Combo 3 does work. Wooohoo move on!

There may be thousands of possible outcomes/combos, but they are all predetermined.

Not fun.
    --Nud Stark--

• Except it's not predetermined, not completely. You only have to change one move or change the order of your team and boom, new set of predetermined results, and you can keep doing this. The system only remembers the last outcome or last couple, before it has to forget them to make room for the new set of predictions.

It IS predetermined. You change what you do, and the PREDETERMINED outcome changes, but it is still predetermined. IE: Predetermined Combo 1 doesn't work, Predetermined Combo 2 doesn't work, Predetermined Combo 3 does work. Wooohoo move on!

There may be thousands of possible outcomes/combos, but they are all predetermined.

Not fun.

Which is exactly what I said from the start o.O.

But that's the point sadly, that all matches are now completely predictable and easy with trail and error, once you find the right predetermined combo, it'd near impossible to lose. In fact the only time you'll lose is going against a full speed team and getting one hit before making a single move, but as long as you get a move in, no matter how bad the situation, you can change it.
  • What's so sad is that this is all because they thought this would be easier than trying to code around Force-Close, which would've required constantly saving the situation. They just defaulted to what they couldn't change anyway, instead of the Retreat feature that they originally designed in.
  • no matter how bad the situation, you can change it.

Except - Now if you find a team that no 5 of your people can defeat, you are done. Before, I could use 10 characters if I needed to and get past and hopefully with some strategic retreating and healing recover. Not anymore.

--Nud Stark--
  • Yeah, this just killed GW for 75% of the player base....they will fall farther and farther behind
  • no matter how bad the situation, you can change it.

Except - Now if you find a team that no 5 of your people can defeat, you are done. Before, I could use 10 characters if I needed to and get past and hopefully with some strategic retreating and healing recover. Not anymore.

You can still do that? The match only resets if you retreat. If you lose, get the defeat screen, the match carrys over. You can still if you wish, send 5 cannon fodder at the team to make them waste AoEs etc, and as long as you get the defeat screen, any damage and cooldown done/used, don't undo?

I add a question mark as I didn't lose a single character or match with the new retreat so never got the chance to test it.
  • Yeah this is beyond annoying. I'm at battle 10 and no matter who I sub in, including a mirror team, I can't get it to change. FYI, mirror is: exact same star, epic gear for epic gear, same team makeup. So please don't tell me I'm fielding slow characters relative to the enemy team. Phasma lead, Sid, Kylo, Lumi, JC. I did get something to happen that was awesome. Sid got a bonus attack, his normal attack, then another bonus attack....go SidKu, go. Playing battles over and over til you get lucky with who stuns, or ability locks and who doesn't is not my cup of tea. I don't have 15 7* so I'll just get my 400 GW gems a day and not bother with this anymore.
  • How do you RETREAT!
  • Altoon33 wrote: »
    How do you RETREAT!

When you are in battle and the opponent already made one move you can click the cogwheel in the left upperside of your screen and select retreat from the menu.
  • Altoon33 wrote: »
    How do you RETREAT!

Awesome thank you so much know what the game lots to take in
  • Sorry I meant to say new at the game