Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• why couldn't gw be left alone from the 6/15 update, and create a new challenge that bears this newfangled difficulty?

I'm a November shard; I'm sorry but I've been through all the iterations of this galactic joke. By the time a new player reaches my level, gw should be easy. The rewards don't stack up against his new difficulty, and are discouraging at the least.

Just make up a new war, set it up with this crap idea that you think is fun to fight against top arena teams. Is there such a disparity of creativity that you don't see what's right in your faces?

Here's my proposal (again) - galactic war implies fighting different groups across a "Galaxy"; this is the perfect platform to showcase new characters, teams based on race / type / affiliation.

I bet you all the money I've spent on this game since hard launch, that if you simply used galactic war as a place to showcase team synergies based on affiliation, race, etc, you could also introduce new toons here. You could entice renewed desire to purchase your arodium packs based on actual experience fighting against these new toons.

Example - droid team - throw in jawa engineer and b2, so people other than top ranking arena players can experience first hand how fun they could be. Then, said player is more inclined to purchase data cards / arodium packs, to obtain said characters.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    John salera gets wheeled out more oftern than geoff hurst when the world cup comes around. Never seen such a lack of quality when it comes to patch testing
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Have they "fixed" gw yet? Im glad they arent builder...my house would look like a Picasso
  • Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! ********!!! Sorry, taking a break between nodes and needed to release some tension.
  • Blurryface
    212 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Name your final node opponents
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Well this is just getting crazy with each day. Today im struggling to see what squad i should sacrifice at node 11 just to get to 12. So many have low health in main squad.

1 hour trying to beat this. CG is that really what you wanted? Frustration and players keep wasting so much time with mobile game. I mean its even worse than playing MMO raid. It doesnt make sense why in mobile game it should give so much trouble.
  • Today, after managing thru node 11 team way over my a team, node 12 was even worse.
    Thanks EA/CG for the challenge. In fair exchange, i propose you a new challenge: try to open my wallet.
  • We all like challenges but is is just stupid, only people with large roosters that are maxed out are gong to be able to finish this, I was doing fine and I had not lost one in months and now it's just impossible for me to finish it with out having several teams maxed out.

A challenge that it's impossible to beat just becomes a frustrating and meaningless waist of time

The only ones happy about this are the elite if the game, they have deep pockets and huge roosters to do this.

Please make it enjoyable again
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    Ok got to node 12 and its GG. I had to sacrfifice Rey, Leia, Ackbar, Lumi just to get to last one and i face 4 gear 9 while i dont have any char gear 9 myself.

Whats the point playing this mobile game anymore?
  • Ridiculous....the f2p players are as good as screwed until they fix this nonsense. I love a challenge but this is impossible! Goodbye credits.....
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    Ridiculous....the f2p players are as good as screwed until they fix this nonsense. I love a challenge but this is impossible! Goodbye credits.....

I have total 55 characters. And last node i had Vader up full health with protection. I used 4 teams of greens and blue gear with level 1 skills characters just to get last enemy down. I can tell you now f2p with much less characters wont ever do last node.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    Arena power 36k, three G10s total on my roster, fought a war of attrition to node 12 where I found 3 G11 and 2 G10 -- Anakin and 4 tanks, *a stronger team than any in my arena*. I didn't even try, 50k gold not worth a thousand retreats. Challenging != impossible.

I want to say I was wrong. Before resetting this afternoon I did try, and after sending in a few squads was able to finish off the Anakin tank team and even got a Vader shard for my efforts. It was not only possible, but kind of fun if time consuming. Still seems a bit over the top to me but I'll go back to my more usual not complaining about GW.
  • SmokingPoetry
    42 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The incompetent devs are gonna keep screwing around and this game will be dead before it's a year old. It's amazing how many ppl in my server have quit.
  • I'm not exactly thrilled, nor happy... but for a couple months now, I really haven't been that invested in this app game. Arena I rank 1100-900. I'm lv80, and my A-Team is lv70. b-Team lv60 and C&D teams are 50-58. Can't get past 9th battle.
    I can only blame myself for not playing that much anymore. I just do what I can for my guild and play Uprising or Xbox. Haven't lost all hope in GoH, but it has dwindled.
  • I ran into a max Ben, Rey, QGJ, RG squad with annoying geonosian soldier. I almost broke my phone in frustration. What is the point of GW? If I want this frustration then I will waste my time trying to beat these squads in the arena! It's like the devs have lost all creativity or maybe they are all buying stock in phone companies- waiting for us all to smash our phones
  • Yansolo
    42 posts Member
    Am i the only one happy with gw as it is now? :D throw me rocks or flame me but keep it contructive. I struggled to finish gw when i was in my low 70s but after i got few healers i use only one team to finish and never missed a single gw ever since that day.

I can feel the difficulties and ease depending the updates but never experienced anything that wasnt beatable. I am still using that only one team from start to finish only retreating or swapping one toon for lumi to heal up.

I am in same boat as you and also experience the same meta teams led by ani full jedi comp or old ben lead with daka or what not but nothing, nothing impossible. I just retreat and try to figure it out coz i dont like to lose a single toon.

Now I understand some people dont have time or simply dont like challenge or puzzle but the difficulty level is fine as it is.

As a side note my arena power is between 36-38k but i dont notice anything different when i change my arena team comp.

So again i agree it gets boring when we have to do 36 gw in a row for guild coins but difficulty wise this gw is fine (to me at least).
  • The incompetent devs are gonna keep screwing around and this game will be dead before it's a year old. It's amazing how many ppl in my server have quit.

Yep. That is exactly what is going to happen. And they have been warned quite often.
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    JoseIrimia wrote: »
    Today, after managing thru node 11 team way over my a team, node 12 was even worse.
    Thanks EA/CG for the challenge. In fair exchange, i propose you a new challenge: try to open my wallet.

LOL
    I laughed so loud. You sir made my day. Thank you. :D
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I have been on this game as a daily player since Mid December and have seen several iterations by the developers into GW. I also have been hyper critical of their attempt to toughen it up to the point of insanity.

When the update came down on the 15th I held my breath and was pleasantly surprised at their work with GW. They had finally gotten it right. 11/12 nodes were still ungodly whale teams but it was doable. The frustration level that I feel now is not near what it was before the 15th update, but this new GW is another bonehead attempt to get back to squeezing money out of the populace.

I am able to get through GW, but only with great effort and time expense. Started out as a F2P but have spent some money over the last few months, and was going to again but held off once I started seeing reports of what was going on. I literally was on my way to push the sale button and pulled back. I am not sure what I am going to do with this game. But one thing is for sure. You are NOT getting 1 more dime from me for a while. Ball is in your court. Get it right.

Additionally, I can't stand the stance taken by them. "Oh it is supposed to be difficult and we never intended for it to be this way." Hey, It isn't about you. It is about your customers. Good Lord, what diploma mill business school did you guys go to? Once again, Get it right.
  • I have been playing this game since December. I am F2P and enjoy the game quite a bit. It is a bit of a grind at times between daily stuff, GW, and raids. But I manage to get stuff done in my free time which I do not have a lot of. I usually sit in the 50-20 bracket in arena and usually complete GW with a couple of teams. So I have enough supplies and credits to keep me interested while I work on raid gear for my top toons.

However that is changing with the most recent tuning to GW. The last couple of days I have not been able to complete. I probably have the toons to get it done but like I mentioned above I am limited on time. this of course affects the amount of credits I have to upgrade my toons.

Because I can't upgrade I am rapidly losing interest in the game. This was the one aspect I really liked about this game because as a f2p I could compete with the p2p and I could continue to make progress. Now I am decidedly stunted, and to be quite frank..

If things do not change I will probably lose all interest in GoH. That does not hurt EA since I am f2p, but I cannot imagine I am the only one.

Please make the game fun again and listen to the people.

Thanks

-rye
  • SithAuno
    39 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I am totally with you. It is not because ot is hard, is necause my free time is worth more than 500k credits. And no, I dont want better rewards, I want a shorter GW.

Every day, in the middle of GW, I feel a frustration and boredom so big, that I consider to just uninstall the app. I am sure if things doesnt change, one day I will just do it.

By the way, I am not a F2P, and spend around 50-100 bucks per month in this game.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Dont make gw shorter please... better rewards yes but its supposed to be a WAR grrr
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    GW last node is messed up, I get an opponent that has 3* characters.

I seen on Reddit they are also increasing the credits to an extra 150k per GW. I dont mind GW with increased difficulty as I enjoy it most days.

I can see how it can be difficult for others tho and how frustrating it can be.
  • Saraleb wrote: »
    Dont make gw shorter please... better rewards yes but its supposed to be a WAR grrr
    Galactic war is a boring and dull chore.. Worry not though young one, its here to stay that way.
  • medetec wrote: »
    Please consider revamping Galactic War entirely instead of tuning the random distribution algorithm. You guys (and gals?) seem to have a dedicated and talented team working on events, perhaps consider handing GW over to them as a major content block. They could craft preset themed campaigns that rotate each month, which allows the player access to new content and gives the developer the ability to fine tune the difficulty to an intended rather than random level.

For example, the Galactic War for August could be "A New Hope" with an Empire themed campaign, each day ending in a miniboss that changes on a weekly basis culminating in a raid like battle against the Emperor in week 4. This also gives the ability to show off new and upcoming characters in scheduled PvE content.

+1

What a nice idea :)
  • Can we stop playing wee little jokes on people and make a decision and just leave it there for once?! I'm tired of investing into something for nothing because it ends up getting changed. It's like buying a brand new car with a 3.5 L engine and then the dealer comes to your house like "jk we got to swap that engine with 2.7". And then you get used to it and they come again like jk again you can't have an engine at all. Rediculous.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks @ghostfeather

I hope they have some bigger plans for GW in the future than "face random opponents every time". While I personally would love to see a full rework, here's another idea that I tossed on reddit as well. Super easy to implement and could at least work as a stopgap measure until something more substantial can be done.

Front load all of the current Galactic War rewards into the first 6 nodes, and consider the second half to be "challenge" nodes for random shard rewards and maybe random gear but no other payout. That way basically everyone can get the full credit and GW token bounty, and players that enjoy GW can continue on for bonus non-progression essential rewards. No difficulty change, just stick everything important in the first 6 nodes.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Sounds like you don't have enough time for the game. Games aren't for everyone.
  • @Smithie
    I am going to assume you have an arena team/top 5 toons of over 37k if you have an easy last node.

The last node is essentially 15% stronger than the players strongest team. For top players, there isn't a team in the game that is that strong. Therefore, the GW logarithm produces these easy nodes.

For everyone else, this node is horrible. A 35k team is facing a 40k team; essentially facing off against a team with every toon being 1-2 gear levels greater, with full health and protection. And that's if your strongest team is still alive.

The equivalent of what we are facing is a 38k player fighting through nodes 1-11 as normal, knowing that the last node will be a team of 43.5k waiting to annihilate them.

It just seems wrong.
  • I posted this in my own thread but I'll post here as well
    I have been playing this game since December. I am F2P and enjoy the game quite a bit. It is a bit of a grind at times between daily stuff, GW, and raids. But I manage to get stuff done in my free time which I do not have a lot of. I usually sit in the 50-20 bracket in arena and usually complete GW with a couple of teams. So I have enough supplies and credits to keep me interested while I work on raid gear for my top toons.

However that is changing with the most recent tuning to GW. The last couple of days I have not been able to complete. I probably have the toons to get it done but like I mentioned above I am limited on time. this of course affects the amount of credits I have to upgrade my toons.

Because I can't upgrade I am rapidly losing interest in the game. This was the one aspect I really liked about this game because as a f2p I could compete with the p2p and I could continue to make progress. Now I am decidedly stunted, and to be quite frank..

If things do not change I will probably lose all interest in GoH. That does not hurt EA since I am f2p, but I cannot imagine I am the only one.

Please make the game fun again and listen to the people.

Thanks

-rye