Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Lol it's ridiculous atm with GW. I don't mind grinding through it, but then at least beef up the rewards to match the extremely difficult nodes!
    I don't even care to finish GW with this new patch.. Too time consuming facing gear 10+ nodes from node 8 on.
    Hope it goes back to the June 15 patch.
  • Ryeshinyih
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Sounds like you don't have enough time for the game. Games aren't for everyone.

That may be true. But I was pointing out that there was enough time until recently.

Edit-- and if it comes to it and I feel I don't have enough time, I will give up the game. I have no problem with that.
  • Options
    Im going to repost my idea which should make EVERYONE happy. I propose a one time toggle switch for gw, easy and hard. Once you make your choice its permanent. Easy keeps the difficulty moderate, and culminates with the final node being maybe a gear lvl higher across toons, difficult but comparable to the individuals lvl and power. Hard gives the "challenge seekers" brutal gws that truly are mind numbingly difficult. No differences between the two difficulties as far as rewards go, but maybe an achievement and a trophy symbol on the individuals profile signifying the awesome skill involved
  • Coot
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Changing it in the first place a half a month ago was a huge mistake. You can't make content easily accessible for everyone, then take a 180 and roadblock the exact same content. Swinging balance changes like a giant pendulum in a live environment will always get huge backlash and could potentially suicide your game (NeverWinter, ArcheAge). You create new content that's challenging and build your game around assuming now GW will be cleared by the majority.

Nobody likes regressing through what's already considered a chore.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Toxic posts like this are ruining the forums. If your spending 4 hours on gw you have something else going on besides its difficulty.
    Post edited by Ouchie on
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    They were set there are now only 55 ads in devs update .... missing informw update 15/06 where the first change reported in the gw ..... this sucks
  • Options
    the difficulty of GW is not the problem IMHO, the problem is that it's the main source of credits, so people feel they have to do it, and more so they feel as if they're entitled to finish it everyday because they need the credits.

I remember when I was a newer player and had a shallow roster, my arena team and maybe a few reserves. I was barely making it half way through for a while. So when I see people saying I only have a few well geared characters and can't win the last node I really don't see an issue.

The June 15th update took something that was too demanding getting max teams 6,7,8 nodes in a row and made it too much of a cakewalk that anyone could finish regardless of their roster.

I'd rather see them up the rewards for the credit challenge, add another tier to the challenges or keep rotating events that offer credits rather than change GW back to what it was after the June 15th update.

I don't agree with the changing it and not telling the players, but I do agree that it should be hard.
  • Options
    The gw is very erratic. Even in my guild have seen the variable difficulty so inexplicable that it begs the question how is this supposed to be fun? They made it easy on purpose first to egg us on so ppl at the top would unleash their full might in arena and then whipped em with the stealth change in gw. Effectively making sure that ppl would not be able to progress so easily. The only people at the top able to progress are whales. Their intentions are clear. Ppl weren't purchasing credit packs to lvl characters and using gw. They were effectively biding their time and building their credits. So they decided to use this method to force flush these people into being weaker. Make them more agitated and frustrated so they find credit packs and spending $ more appealing. After all the bottom line is $ right? Thanks that is all that matters.
  • Options
    Node 6 today had max, gear 10-11 HK47, IG88, IG86, Poggle, and RG. I have over twenty 7* max lvl, high gear toons with a few at gear 10 but I have to throw my whole roster at this team and have little to nothing left for the next six nodes. Vicious circle because I have no intention of beating my head against this imbalance but in doing so, I fall further out of contention on all fronts. Fix GW because as it stands currently, it is totally broken and ruining the game for many players.
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »

That would work if I already had that team leveled and geared. As is now I don't have the credits to do that.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CG some points to ponder..

I think when all is said and done, the biggest reason for the majority of the anger/upset over the changes, is how they are being handled. Either start an ongoing dialogue or remain quiet. Coming out after all the upset and saying it should be harder, and needs to be even more challenging is just rubbing salt in the wounds of previously loyal players. Increasing the payout only benefits those able to complete it. It means nothing to those that can't (reddit).

Packaging is everything today. The economy is in bad shape, players come here to share a love for all things Star Wars, and to forget their concerns for a while. instead they are made to choose between family, living expenses, or a game. Guess who is going to lose? Yep, the game, everytime. You could have simply said "We have adjusted the difficulty in GW to try and balance gameplay and the level of challenge, and will monitor the results, please advise us here (forums) with any and all concerns."

There would not have been anywhere near the upset. As is, popular opinion is CG doesn't care and will do as they please. Which I'm sure isn't true. You want to maintain the game and do so as easily as possible.

To sum up, it's not what you said, it's how you said it.
  • Options
    I am on Board sine late december and i am getting really tired of theese GW changes! I thought it was great before they decided to do make it more challenging! Now the last 3 nodes are only possible for players with super gear! How am i suppose to beat a team that is two gear levels higher than mine? It took me about 1-2 hours today and i lost 3 entire teams in the last battle! I am not willing to spend 1-2 hours on GW! Please change it back! I really don't like to be Forced to invest my money or my precious chrystals in expensive gear! This game is suppose to be fun and not just a cash grab! I loved the game in the beginning but the fun is really starting to disappear!
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Thanks @ghostfeather

Front load all of the current Galactic War rewards into the first 6 nodes, and consider the second half to be "challenge" nodes for random shard rewards and maybe random gear but no other payout. That way basically everyone can get the full credit and GW token bounty, and players that enjoy GW can continue on for bonus non-progression essential rewards. No difficulty change, just stick everything important in the first 6 nodes.

Most exellent idea! Last nodes should give out much better rewards as a bonus if you pull it off. Currently it is a huge challenge to even complete it daily.

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, ruined it. Not even worth it anymore. I'm done
    Discord: EVRT #5566 Line: bevrt
  • SiranthaAxus
    118 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am a 80 lvl player, p2p and been doing so since February. I have 7 seven star characters with gear viii. I log in every day and I'm part of a nice very active guild.... All this to say I love this game and I'm a loyal user.
    However this GW nonsense needs to be properly addressed by the developers.
    I'm very upset. This is the 3rd time since the changes I have not been able to finish it, I'm stuck in the 11th war. Please EA take our comments seriously. You're part of the entertainment industry. Listen to our feedback: We're not entertained, GW needs a lot of rework.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Thanks @ghostfeather

I hope they have some bigger plans for GW in the future than "face random opponents every time". While I personally would love to see a full rework, here's another idea that I tossed on reddit as well. Super easy to implement and could at least work as a stopgap measure until something more substantial can be done.

Front load all of the current Galactic War rewards into the first 6 nodes, and consider the second half to be "challenge" nodes for random shard rewards and maybe random gear but no other payout. That way basically everyone can get the full credit and GW token bounty, and players that enjoy GW can continue on for bonus non-progression essential rewards. No difficulty change, just stick everything important in the first 6 nodes.

I also like the idea.
    Do tou want people to be ready to face several maxed teams in a row? Increase rewards in the last nodes, adding gear and shards.
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Post edited by saberOriginal on
  • Options
    milkacak wrote: »
    Why wasn't it announced that there will be a tweak on June 29th? And what was with the silence for three days?

Better question being why was it when everyone started saying something was don't that cages were made most of us were met with either the standard "no updates/changes have been made" or (dead silence/no reply at all) I understand that GW is supposed to be challenging I get it but not everyone in the game is a whale who has spenot a crap ton of money on the fame with uder rosters filled with super strong toons. I have a single good group of toons that I have been working on since the game was released. Since I don't have the luxury of buyING dully crafted gear and don't seem to have the good fortune to get fully crafted gear from raid loot, almost all my toons are stuck at gear lvl 8. And once my A team is dead I have zero hope of completing the GW now since the update.
  • Options
    K my turn to tell my frustrating story about galactic war. I usually succeed in GW but since that recent patch I can't do it anymore I can get through nod 1-11 but the 12th is just godly and unbeatable.

My best team is compose of 7 stars characters wearing lvl 8/9/10 gears

The last GW node was compose of.

7* Rex(lead) gear 11
    7* Anakin gear 11
    7* Leia gear 10
    7* Royal Guard gear 10
    7* Sun Fac gear 10

This team just anyhilate my entire roster (I mean my entire collection) and I was not even close to deplete their shield.

If this is to be the new reality I can say bye bye to the success "finish 150 GW campaing"
  • Options
    Pretty obvious this terrible "tweak" is designed to make more people spend money. When in reality it is nudging more and more people away from giving these **** more money.
  • Options
    Ok. I'm over it. GW IS BROKEN. not a glitch not make it harder. It's broken.

I just played a meta squad on node 9. 9!! Level 80 dooku lead, RG, phasma, Rey and qgj. Gear X, X, X, X and XI.

I DID NOT GET A TURN.

I had a full protection phasma lead gear X, fives gear X, st Han gear VIII, Luminara gear 8, and Kylo gear 9. All level 80.

I watched them take 30+ turns in a row and destroy my squad. I finally got a turn when fives was left by himself by a thread.

I have spent over $3k on this game. I now refuse to spend another dollar until they fix this.
  • Options
    Oh and if I read one more post about how it's supposed to be that way, I may uninstall.
  • Options
    "I did GW in 20 min on auto" who the f is supposed to believe this **** holy cow. Whales have been facing hardcore teams on every node all the time but they have the characters to do it. First Gw since this sneaky change was undoable the one afterwards was somehow okay but the rewards are still lacking. They seem to forgot to adjust the rewards everywhere man but lets code it harder and harder and raise the level cap. You can't auto this because you need the abilities to be ready for these random hardcore encounters. GW is so **** RNG it is not even funny.
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options
    JulenGales wrote: »
    Oh and if I read one more post about how it's supposed to be that way, I may uninstall.

How did they get 30 turns in a row before you did?
  • Options
    Galactic War was meant to be challenging. It consumed quite a bit of time to complete daily, true. I appreciate the need to "dumb it down" for time's sake. Fine. I can get with that. The fixes applied made it ridiculously easy... I could auto the entire thing. That is too much. THEN! This new update.. I haven't been able to complete a single GW since the fix. The teams I face are maxed level, maxed stars, with raid-level gear and clearly omeged abilities. It's outrageous. I went all the way through with my core GW team and then wasted EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN MY INVENTORY and still lost all on the last node. This is an insanely different experience than the original GW that I had come to love. I'm hoping fixes are on the way!!!!
  • Options
    Has GW been changed? I have to say I love the new approach and the obviously meticulously planned mechanics of this update. Reasons like this that we play the game.
  • Options
    Im not mad.. its whatever. But im done wasting my time for 14-20 attempts on one node past 5 on gw.

If you guys like it challenging, so be it. But thats 500k credits that just arnt worth it to me.

Ill try it after its nerf cried into the realm of people that cant play for 6 hours a day.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums