GAME UPDATE - 1/14/2016

Replies

• Bora
    440 posts Member
    I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't at level 61 to start. I was at level 60, max XP, now I'm at level 60, no XP. So Iost XP from the update.

You weren't, as All of us. You were 59 max xp and when you hit 60 just stopped gaining xp.
    Res non verba
  • THE CHANGE TO GW SUCKS!!!! The retreat function was necessary for those whom dont have 20 level 60 purple geared characters. I dont have enough characters to keep rotating out, and only 3 healers!!!! already start mission 3 aoe's hit me and then a luminara drops my healer bam......
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • @EA_Jesse can you at least give us an idea of when the next content update is planned? Ballpark is fine!
  • Now 2 kylo ren from cantina battlee? Why?! It doesn't make any sense.
  • Why so many crappy Luke shards? What's the game plan with Luke in this app? Will new hope Luke be "removed" and turned into empire Luke? Because there are way too many ways to gets shards for new hope Luke, and when a new Luke comes out nobody will want the old one. Seems best to just get rid of / upgrade people's Luke accordingly when he finally gets his saber that he should have had when the came first came out...
  • Willziak wrote: »
    Wispsi wrote: »
    Willziak wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Is there some point to having two Cantina options for the same character that is just completely eluding me?

Well those from the first missions get a reduced amount of shipment tokens (like it is less efficient) so I guess that is one point...you can farm shards and get more shipments.

It costs 8 energy to run those earlier missions to get 13 cantina credits. The later ones cost 10 energy, which is 25% more, for 17 cantina credits. 25% more from 13 is 16, so you get 1 more cantina credit for every run this way, but 25% fewer ability mats since you run that many fewer cantina missions. It is only worth running later cantina missions if you can't farm that character anywhere else, unless you really want that extra 1 cantina credit per run.

4 tokens per chance (and it seems super low to get tier 3'which is the only mat worth getting) seems pretty worth it to me :D I can go entire days it seems without getting a tier 3 skill mat whilst getting more than an extra mission towards getting more of those super slow cantina shipments.

If the trend continues then the next levels will be even more efficient for cantina currency.

Look I'm not saying it's great but the comment asked for any point to it, and well after doing the math I personally found I preferred doing higher energy missions given the option because this game is all about small gains adding up over time. And I and have found it is much easier to skill up all my main characters than to 7 star my ahsoka.

All odds the same, running 8 energy cantina missions is more optimal. No one said anything about 10 energy cantina missions having better odds for drops. It's all proportional, except that it's 8 energy per shard vs 10 energy per shard. Simple to see why it's a waste then.

Ok so I think you missed my point. The shards from cantina, you get so many I did not even consider it in explaining my point. Sorry.

What Takes ages for me in cantina missions is getting shards from the shipments. I am already farming mace shard node cos why not and I have not even been playiing long (I am also not a hard core collecting type I just go for who I like). But I have only just managed to 6* my ahsoka and not even started on Poe/daka yet, getting those shipments take ageeeeeees. So that's why it is worth it to me. I can farm up a character in not very long at all, regardless of whether I use 8 nrg or 10 nrg. But either way it's taking me like more than a month working on 1 person thru cantina shipments. So those extra cantina currency I make, adds up to be worth it for me and saves me far more in the long run. So if it goes up to 12 nrg and I get an extra 1 currency I will still farm the stage 1 characters at 12 nrg because the shipment characters require so much more investment to get than sharding up thru nodes.

So yeah it might take me slightly longer to star up my chewie when I get round to it but I will still have him done long before I have my shipment characters done.
  • I feel that the retreating should be like it was used too. Or you should add healers that can bypass Sidious's heal block. I retreat just to heal and I feel that your heroes are easier to be killed. If you could make retreating normal or remove or balance the heal block, that would be great.
  • Plz everyone dont pay anymorr if you did

Ea will most likly change it back if they stop getting money
  • I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't at level 61 to start. I was at level 60, max XP, now I'm at level 60, no XP. So Iost XP from the update.

Why would you be at 61? Jesus, this is like saying you should have got a 2016 car for free since you owned a 2015...

After reaching level 60 your XP meter started to fill towards the end. Before the update it was full, now it's empty. They've effectively taken away an entire level (unintentionally) from everyone.

Either they changed it, or you guys forgot. I just hit level 60 yesterday morning and when I did I went from 59 to a "full" bar saying "max" but I didn't do anything to get that. It was like that the moment I hit 60.

• "I think the issue isn't the time frame, but the lack of needed materials to train multiple characters. We need better ways to get training droids and ability mats and credits at high level. This way we can manage to do what you'd like to do, without making those who pull ahead get overly bored[/quote]

Totally true, I am stuck between keeping my arena team relevant or training/gearing characters for the strategy I want to play. If I stop hearing my somewhat boring arena team, then they will get crushed in the ladder forfeiting my daily crystal bonus.

Being competitive and having fun should never be mutually exlcusive in a game.

• Yeah I strongly disagree with completely changing the functionality of the retreat button. Characters cannot be saved from death when they are low on health now, cool downs can't be managed. Something is wrong with the speed concept that lets opposing 4 star lumi's and other random characters with Sid as leader (no speed boost) attack before my 7* lumi and Sid... Just adding to the problem now cause my toons will go into and round 3 or 4 with low health and I expect my 7* lumi to go before the opponents 4* so I can get my heal off at least but the weaker lumi attacked and killed him first.
    To complete GW on a regular basis you would need an army of characters all levelled and geared up I as the last six opponents are usually really tough. As said before I believe completion rates will drop and either providing limited number of retreats per battle or changing the way battles are selected should be strongly considered.
  • what's with all the negativity? cheer up! it's a good update. Dooku and Barris will be raining now.
  • I feel regret what I spent my money for this game....what happen with GW?!
  • Ok, couple of updates.

1) Some of you were asking why we had shards for a character available in multiple spots for the same character in Cantina Battles. For example, Kylo Ren shards are available from Cantina Battle 4C and 6C. The drop rate for the character shard is the same between each of these locations, however you will receive more Cantina Currency, more credits and a higher chance at tier 3 ability materials if you choose the battle in 6C. So, if you are wanting just character shards, then 4C is the better option, but if you are going for the character shards and want a better shot at tier 3 ability materials then 6C might be your cup of tea.

2) Players keep asking me when the next content update will be, or when we'll be releasing new characters. Unfortunately, I can't give an update on this yet, but as soon as I get the green light I'll be making a post announcing what we've got in the works.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't at level 61 to start. I was at level 60, max XP, now I'm at level 60, no XP. So Iost XP from the update.

Why would you be at 61? Jesus, this is like saying you should have got a 2016 car for free since you owned a 2015...

When you hit 60, your XP meter fills up as normal. But, instead of going to 61, it stopped once full and read "Max XP". So yes, I did lose 3600 XP.

No your meter stayed full after you leveled from 59 it just added max across it.

No it didn't.
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Is there some point to having two Cantina options for the same character that is just completely eluding me?

Well those from the first missions get a reduced amount of shipment tokens (like it is less efficient) so I guess that is one point...you can farm shards and get more shipments.

It costs 8 energy to run those earlier missions to get 13 cantina credits. The later ones cost 10 energy, which is 25% more, for 17 cantina credits. 25% more from 13 is 16, so you get 1 more cantina credit for every run this way, but 25% fewer ability mats since you run that many fewer cantina missions. It is only worth running later cantina missions if you can't farm that character anywhere else, unless you really want that extra 1 cantina credit per run.

4 tokens per chance (and it seems super low to get tier 3'which is the only mat worth getting) seems pretty worth it to me :D I can go entire days it seems without getting a tier 3 skill mat whilst getting more than an extra mission towards getting more of those super slow cantina shipments.

If the trend continues then the next levels will be even more efficient for cantina currency.

Look I'm not saying it's great but the comment asked for any point to it, and well after doing the math I personally found I preferred doing higher energy missions given the option because this game is all about small gains adding up over time. And I and have found it is much easier to skill up all my main characters than to 7 star my ahsoka.

All odds the same, running 8 energy cantina missions is more optimal. No one said anything about 10 energy cantina missions having better odds for drops. It's all proportional, except that it's 8 energy per shard vs 10 energy per shard. Simple to see why it's a waste then.

Ok so I think you missed my point. The shards from cantina, you get so many I did not even consider it in explaining my point. Sorry.

What Takes ages for me in cantina missions is getting shards from the shipments. I am already farming mace shard node cos why not and I have not even been playiing long (I am also not a hard core collecting type I just go for who I like). But I have only just managed to 6* my ahsoka and not even started on Poe/daka yet, getting those shipments take ageeeeeees. So that's why it is worth it to me. I can farm up a character in not very long at all, regardless of whether I use 8 nrg or 10 nrg. But either way it's taking me like more than a month working on 1 person thru cantina shipments. So those extra cantina currency I make, adds up to be worth it for me and saves me far more in the long run. So if it goes up to 12 nrg and I get an extra 1 currency I will still farm the stage 1 characters at 12 nrg because the shipment characters require so much more investment to get than sharding up thru nodes.

So yeah it might take me slightly longer to star up my chewie when I get round to it but I will still have him done long before I have my shipment characters done.

Ahhh gotcha! Yea those 1 cantina pts add up :)
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

1) Some of you were asking why we had shards for a character available in multiple spots for the same character in Cantina Battles. For example, Kylo Ren shards are available from Cantina Battle 4C and 6C. The drop rate for the character shard is the same between each of these locations, however you will receive more Cantina Currency, more credits and a higher chance at tier 3 ability materials if you choose the battle in 6C. So, if you are wanting just character shards, then 4C is the better option, but if you are going for the character shards and want a better shot at tier 3 ability materials then 6C might be your cup of tea.

2) Players keep asking me when the next content update will be, or when we'll be releasing new characters. Unfortunately, I can't give an update on this yet, but as soon as I get the green light I'll be making a post announcing what we've got in the works.

Thanks for the clarification Jesse! That definitely makes it worth it to farm on the later levels then.

Can you also confirm if each table up has a higher tier 3 ability material chance drop rate? i.e. table 2 has a higher rate than table 1.
  • Su nueva actualización es una mamada, para qué nos das muchos más fragmentos de Luke Skywalker? Teníamos nivel 60 con máximo de experiencia, porque no dejar lo mismo y subir directo a 61? La energía de la Cantina tarda infinidad en llenarse, deberían hacer un ajuste en ésto, ningún personaje nuevo
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

The ability mat increase was appreciated thanks. I averaged about two level 3s every 100 energy on Cantina 5C Maybe good RNG but felt right on.

Edit: Nevermind second day drops were horrible so it was just RNG. Only 1 out 600 energy. Just doesn't feel worth spending on. If you could 1/100 ratio guaranteed maybe but not worth spending the extra money on a chance.

Just a comment a lot more display stretching and lag since it went live. iOS 6
    Post edited by Cythis on
  • Luke2323
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Well, thanks a lot from me too for making the game more pay to win!! I can't use my old tactics anymore in GW cause of these changes. Really sad but well can't do a thing about this patch.

EDIT: removed the profanity from this post. - EA_Jesse
  • Geddre wrote: »
    I was disappointed at how quickly the level cap raise came after release. I started playing on Nov 29, haven't missed a single day of completing daily activities, and have had few periods where energy built up to the point I was losing it.

I hit 60 yesterday.

If that kind of time investment can only barely keep me ahead of the level limit, I'll have to reevaluate whether or not this game is intended for people like me. This has been a tremendous time investment for someone with a job and a family. I was really looking forward to finally getting to spend some time leveling the 20+ characters I have benched. But now I've got another month of grinding the same 7 or 8 characters I need just to keep up with arena and GW. I've got level 1 Old Ben, Poggle, QGJ, Leia, Boba Fett, and Kylo that I can't do anything with (pulled those last two 2 days ago at the same time! Talk about luck.)

If this is a one time deal and the next level cap raise will take several months, then I retract my complaint. But if we're going to have to grind out 10 more levels every 50 days, that doesn't sound fun. Give me a change to level this horde of awesome characters I've been lucky enough to pull.

Your a liar

You never were Level 60 with max xp. The moment you hit level 60, you were not able to farm more xp. So you didn't loose anything.
  • Goku12
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @EA_Jesse

Why the hell was the update done in the middle of the day, after people blew their daily XP? Will we get it added retroactively? I seriously doubt that you will.

Any MMO puts the announcement updates out IN GAME. If I log into my SWTOR account, it will pop up with announcements, I don't have to go running to the forums to seek information about major updates like level caps going up or new content being added.

Yet here you implement something 11 hours after the fake announcement? What the hell?
  • Highlander wrote: »
    I have to echo earlier sentiments that this level cap increase happened far too quickly. We are all investing a tremendous amount of time (and money sometimes) in this game just to barely keep up, I too was looking forward to finally relaxing a bit and working on some other characters.

What kind of life-span can this game have if you are going to take us up in level that quickly, at this rate we will be past 100 by the end of the summer! Do you envision taking the level cap past 100 someday? Seems like we are moving too fast for this game to have any real longevity. I was expecting this thing to last years, not feeling that way anymore at this pace though.

I don't think it's fair to the people who play to get ahead to have to wait for F2P to catch-up! Good job EA on this one. GW is almost pointless now though.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

what about GW, is it funny to see players get stuck on 6th node and never complete it, oh no i guess its you want them to spend money so they can pass througth it. i talk with some players that play or used to play hoda and now are playing this game around 10-20 people and no one liked what you just did today and i will continue posting because its really bad what you guys did today with the retrive option on GW.
  • The retreating option was a big part of my strategy to utilize my lower levels and use almost all my characters. Now it's basically just the A and B list teams when I play galaxy war. In my opinion a really fun part because of the strategy involved. Really set it apart from other app games.

The game was starting to get repetitive being at 60 for so long and then this. Don't think I have the patients to wait for new characters that should have been in this update.

Sigh
  • Shoumpa wrote: »
    Im sure everyone else was thinking the same. Will the xp we earnt be added to our accounts?

No. I think nobody was thinking that. It's simply usual as in any other RPG too. When you hit max level, you can't earn more xp.
  • Harmson wrote: »
    THE CHANGE TO GW SUCKS!!!! The retreat function was necessary for those whom dont have 20 level 60 purple geared characters. I dont have enough characters to keep rotating out, and only 3 healers!!!! already start mission 3 aoe's hit me and then a luminara drops my healer bam......

What he said....
  • ZJavinho wrote: »
    Yeah I strongly disagree with completely changing the functionality of the retreat button. Characters cannot be saved from death when they are low on health now, cool downs can't be managed. Something is wrong with the speed concept that lets opposing 4 star lumi's and other random characters with Sid as leader (no speed boost) attack before my 7* lumi and Sid... Just adding to the problem now cause my toons will go into and round 3 or 4 with low health and I expect my 7* lumi to go before the opponents 4* so I can get my heal off at least but the weaker lumi attacked and killed him first.
    To complete GW on a regular basis you would need an army of characters all levelled and geared up I as the last six opponents are usually really tough. As said before I believe completion rates will drop and either providing limited number of retreats per battle or changing the way battles are selected should be strongly considered.

Agreed.
  • Hmmm. I guess I understand the logic of tying retreat to force quit since there probably isn't a way to make matches save every round (making force close pointless). But I feel like this just makes GW (which is really the only noncharacter collecting part I find fun) even more simplistic and like the rest of the game because there is no during game strategy, just plug and win or lose and move on. Disappointed with the "fix" to the problem :(
This discussion has been closed.