Genuinely, Thanks EA/CG Team

If I was a member of the team, I'd be so peeved off over the backlash of the update, as I'm sure they've worked hard. While I understand why people may be upset, some have been out of line and have massively overreacted.

So GW aside, thanks for the update guys, the level cap and new farmable characters, like Dooku and Barriss, and an additionally Rey node. I'm sure, like myself, many of us are looking forward to what you have install for us next.

(Keep negative and snide comments out of this thread please guys, if you want to express anger etc, there's a dozen or so topics around)

Replies

• Monado
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2016

negative comment
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    No nevativity here my friend :)
    Update is great so far
    Lvl cap 70 now to work toward
    And they finally took the exploits from retreating out of GW so now ppl will actually have to beat it rather then exploiting their way through it haha.

+1 to the devs for fixing this
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Monado wrote: »
    negative comment.

You realize very little has changed right? Such vitriol is unfounded.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    negative comment
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Abyss wrote: »
    And they finally took the exploits from retreating out of GW so now ppl will actually have to beat it rather then exploiting their way through it haha.
    Um, no they didn't. They built the exploit into the game, meaning more people will use it now than ever.
    I try to be fair, and so I am looking at the pros of this update too. The new levels are good, it gives us something to work towards. Characters will get new abilities. I appreciate them putting Barriss and Dooku into farmable nodes. They fixed a handful of bugs, which is great.
    I think the droid challenge now gives better droids too... not sure if anyone else has noticed that.
    I think I run out of positives there. It's been 4 weeks since the last update. Nothing new to actually do in the game has been added, and the one interesting mode has been destroyed (IMO). The community has been providing input on dozens of bugs for weeks, and only a few have been fixed.
    In terms of the Cantina nodes... they added 8 new ones.. of which 6 are for characters which already had Cantina nodes. This is .. uninspired, to say the least.
    No new packs. No interesting offers. No events. Crystal subs MIA for weeks.
    In all honesty, this update is underwhelming for a month-long wait on a game that is raking in millions of dollars. Sorry. I'm not trying to flame anyone, I'm just laying out the reality of what actually has transpired.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Um, no they didn't. They built the exploit into the game, meaning more people will use it now than ever.
    I try to be fair, and so I am looking at the pros of this update too. The new levels are good, it gives us something to work towards. Characters will get new abilities. I appreciate them putting Barriss and Dooku into farmable nodes. They fixed a handful of bugs, which is great.
    I think the droid challenge now gives better droids too... not sure if anyone else has noticed that.
    I think I run out of positives there. It's been 4 weeks since the last update. Nothing new to actually do in the game has been added, and the one interesting mode has been destroyed (IMO). The community has been providing input on dozens of bugs for weeks, and only a few have been fixed.
    In terms of the Cantina nodes... they added 8 new ones.. of which 6 are for characters which already had Cantina nodes. This is .. uninspired, to say the least.
    In all honesty, this update is underwhelming for a month-long wait on a game that is raking in millions of dollars. Sorry.

We are not talking about the same thing my friend.
    Your talking about forceclosing (the new retreat) to reset the battle.
    Im talking about exploiting the old retreat to clear debuffs, rotate toons in/out to reset cooldowns etc.

I think the old retreat was a terrible crutch ppl used to get through GW with rosters that werent uet rdy to complete it and with no strayegic thought. If u need to exploit the game to clear debuffs just to beat it then you simply dont need to beat it yet, your not ready.

The force close was the strategic part. Of u saw a unique team. Even if u crush em, you could close out before the final hit and test out dif combos to see how they react aginst it. Thats strategic. Its pretty onvious the devs want us to be able to reset the battle sinve the FIXED the retreat button to do jusy that.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    And @Qeltar
    I can get behind you 100% on much needed and reported fixes that have yet to be fixed.

Spot on to that point sir
  • OP asks for no negatively and that's all he gets. Thanks CG for your hard work. Coruscant wasn't built in a day.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    We are not talking about the same thing my friend.
    Your talking about forceclosing (the new retreat) to reset the battle.
    Im talking about exploiting the old retreat to clear debuffs, rotate toons in/out to reset cooldowns etc.
    That was not an exploit. The mode was designed that way. It had a "Retreat" button. The developers programmed it the way it was.
    Did people use it to clear buffs and so forth? Yes. I would have been fine if they had changed it so that didn't work. But removing it so there is now no strategy? That's not an improvement.
    The force close was the strategic part. Of u saw a unique team. Even if u crush em, you could close out before the final hit and test out dif combos to see how they react aginst it. Thats strategic.
    If it was meant to be part of the game you wouldn't have had to force-close to do it.
    There is no strategy now. If you are lucky and get easy opponents, you just steamroll through with 5 healers/stunners/blockers. Otherwise, you try as many times as you want until you get good dice rolls. It's completely lame.
    Its pretty onvious the devs want us to be able to reset the battle sinve the FIXED the retreat button to do jusy that.
    What's obvious to me is that this was not really planned very well at all.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Gabe
    36 posts Member
    I would also like to join in on this thank you. I am super excited for the new levels and especially the Barris node. They have more planned and we will get it when ready. The GW doesn't change the way I play it at all so I feel none of the outrage. While others see it as limiting strategy I think it promotes it. Give it a week and I think people will figure it out. Instead of seeing a problem I see an opportunity.
  • I just want to start off saying that this is a great game, and I think that you guys have done a good job of creating a fun turn-based Star Wars game. I do have some feedback to offer. I have spent about $150 on the game, so I am not F2P nor have I spent thousands. I am level 60 and the highest I rank I reached is rank 12 on Arena.

1) Packs. The pack set up is done terribly. I am comparing this to Ultimate Team on EA’s sports games. At least if you get terrible items on Ultimate Team, you can sell them on the auction house to get coins towards players you actually want. In this game, we normally get useless shards ( Ewok Scout/Clone Seargent) and they are pretty much equal wasted money. We need some way to trade these for credits/droids/shards/gear.

2) It should be possible to farm all characters, even if it is just one Hard node so it takes a long time. The last time I bought a pack, I received 4-star Grand Moff Tarkin. I was excited for about 10 seconds before I realized he would never be anything more than cannon fodder in GW (pre-retreat nerf) since I’d have to buy more packs to ever star him up. This was the final pack I decided I’d ever buy.

3) Transparency: Should at least give some hints of upcoming nerfs. Had I known you were going to make Resistance Pilot useless, I would have stopped wasting time and resources on him. I also don’t understand why his damage was nerfed while Tie Pilot was not.

4) Drop rates are unreal. I know the point is to for people to not gear up too quickly, but it is currently ridiculous. Spending full energy and getting one drop is just stupid. And no, the “hot streaks” do not even come close happening as often as the cold streaks. This just leads to frustration. Frustration leads to not playing any more.

5) I Feel changing Retreat on Galactic War was unwise. To me, the point of the game is to build up characters and have fun, not to spend 2 hours resetting GW battles until RNG favors my squad. I also think the people that have actually been complaining about retreat and force close need to get lives. If you don’t like it, don’t do it. If you don’t mind wasting time to finish GW, don’t assume all of us are that way. If you want a challenge, play Arena.

I've had a blast playing this game up this point, but it is starting to lose the fun that it once had. I will probably keep playing for a few more weeks, but I won’t be spending money again.

TLDR: Packs suck, make all characters farmable, be transparent before nerfs so we don't waste time, drops rates are simply frustrating, Galactic war changes are unwise, it has been a fun game that I won't spend any more money on and probably won't play much longer. In short, QQ.
  • DrD
    91 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've spent several hours today on these forums and Reddit reading reactions to this latest update. Some positive, a lot of negative, but that's not what I'm hear to talk about. What's really stood out amidst all the posts I've read is how few have come from EA or CG. It speaks to the #1 issue right now with this game, which is a lack of communication and transparency.

Whether you love or hate the GW retreat changes, I think everyone would agree with the following concerns:
    • There was no advanced notice.
    • The changes were not mentioned or explained in the original game update announcement. Rather, the community had to stumble upon it, which led to a lot of confusion and rage.
    • We still don't even know exactly how it's supposed to work, as the behavior isn't consistent. Although the game update announcement has been amended to mention the change, it simply says it should work the same as force quitting, but that's not always the behavior we're seeing.

I've seen EA and CG respond to some questions about this update and the state of the game in general, but I have observed a consistent lack of response about some of the most common concerns being presented. A lot of us here really love this game and are posting our concerns because we want to see it continue to thrive. While we would ideally love to see our concerns addressed via game updates, it would go a long way for you to simply address our concerns directly on these forums. Let us know that you've heard us and are working to address our concerns. Provide a timeline if you can, but don't post nothing just because you can't. You underestimate how encouraging and pleasing it is as a player to simply receive a direct response to a post, even if it's just to say thank you for the feedback and we'll work on it as soon as we can.

In closing, I'd like to provide a list of some of the most common concerns I've heard or observed, which I feel have not received an appropriate response. EA, CG, I implore you to take a moment and respond to them, not just for me, but for everyone here who wants SWGoH to be the best mobile Star Wars game ever.
    • How is the new Retreat option supposed to work for GW, and why did you change it? And why was it not mentioned in the original game update announcement?
    • Can you explain the way GW opponents are chosen and let us know if some balancing changes are in the works so people aren't so often outmatched by several levels and stars?
    • Why did you address Leia's quadruple attack without fixing or even mentioning the similar issue with FOTP or the issue with Leia's team CritChanceUp proc'ing 100% of the time?
    • Why did you address Chewy's taunt when alone without fixing or mentioning the similar issue with other taunters or the even worse issue with Talia "healing" herself?
    • Is Ventress supposed to be able to heal everyone or just herself? In other words, is the ability bugged or it just a typo with the ability description?
    • Why was Mace designed the way he was and can he be changed to better fit the character's lore?
    • Do you intend to reverse or soften the nerf to Barriss Offee given you've acknowledged that it was done hastily? It'd be a nice way to get people excited about getting to level 69 to farm her in Cantina.
    • Is there any plan to offer a training/practice area that has no prizes or energy cost? It'd be a nice way to encourage people to build up and try out more characters and teams.

Thank you for this great game, and I look forward to reading your response. Meanwhile, if others have additional questions they'd like answers to, please feel free to post them here. That said, I request people keep their posts constructive, as there are already other threads for venting.
  • Abyss wrote: »
    And @Qeltar
    I can get behind you 100% on much needed and reported fixes that have yet to be fixed.

Spot on to that point sir

Second that!!!
  • Bump. This needs to stay at the top. Where are the crystal subs? It's well past the end of last week.
  • Courtesy of @Qeltar
    There is no strategy now. If you are lucky and get easy opponents, you just steamroll through with 5 healers/stunners/blockers. Otherwise, you try as many times as you want until you get good dice rolls. It's completely lame.

My comment:
    If you didn't know (and for the benefit of those who don't), dice rolls have identical results on subsequent runs. The "RNG" is based on a locally stored variable, so it repeats the same hits if the same moves are taken (slight variations at least partially reshuffle this), every time.
  • If I was a member of the team, I'd be so peeved off over the backlash of the update, as I'm sure they've worked hard. While I understand why people may be upset, some have been out of line and have massively overreacted.

So GW aside, thanks for the update guys, the level cap and new farmable characters, like Dooku and Barriss, and an additionally Rey node. I'm sure, like myself, many of us are looking forward to what you have install for us next.

(Keep negative and snide comments out of this thread please guys, if you want to express anger etc, there's a dozen or so topics around)

you remember barriss nerf? holy.
    Yeah there's really not much to complain about this patch. I mean they made GW easier and fixed the leia problem and others that they've been crying about forever. I personally hate leia too b/c i don't have her at least 4* so worthless to me but i'm glad her fix was done.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I hope this doesn't sound negative.

Sometimes I wonder if the dev team is three people with a really mean obese boss who smokes cigars rolled with one hundred dollar bills when he isn't flagulating to the melody of It's My Life by Bon Jovi.. Or maybe like Jabba or something.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    negative comment
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Just kidding, I like the new update for the most part and I'm glad to hear Rey is farmable in a new node.

That was a surprise to me.

I probably won't be able to farm it until well into the level 70 cap as it will be very hard, but that's all good.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't sound negative.

Sometimes I wonder if the dev team is three people with a really mean obese boss who smokes cigars rolled with one hundred dollar bills when he isn't flagulating to the melody of It's My Life by Bon Jovi.. Or maybe like Jabba or something.

Lol. This deserves a laugh. On most projects like this, the actual developers are just taking orders from the designers and managers. but maybe CG is different.
  • negative comment, and GC can stick GW where sun doesn't shine after this update.