Royal Guard Taunt being Bypassed

Prev1
Several times over the last few days, while battling in GW, I have had multiple opponents bypass Royal Guards taunt, as if it wasn't there. Most recently, RG had his taunt up, and it was working as intended, but then Savage completely ignored it and attacked a completely different character. I can't be totally sure who bypassed the taunt in previous matches, but I think it was Savage again.

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks for the heads up. A bug has been submitted for review.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Totally agree with above! RG taunt was up and Mace ignored it and went for Ewok Elder. Only happened the one time (yesterday actually).
  • My Royal Guards taunt bypassed for the last 2 days.
  • Rey completely ignored it and took out my Rey.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Just had this where the other team's Leia hit my Ashoka, triggering RG taunt. Then, their Sun Fac attacks and kills my QGJ, with RG still in taunt.
  • I just had this issue in GW, QGJ bypassed RG and attacked the Palpatine.
  • 03rook10
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yep. This just happened to me too. RG taunt was up and Rey attacked and merked my IG-88. What's the point of having a taunt if it doesn't do anything. Caused me to lose the battle as it ended with only the opponent's Dooku still standing with a very small sliver of health (not even one pixel worth)
  • When my RG has taunt, it is being sidestepped on a regular basis in arena battles. Is RGs taunt broken or did they change how taunt works? This last battle Rey, QGJ and attacked toons other than RG while RG had taunt.
  • Scourge194
    390 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Haven't seen that

Edit: I HAVE seen it!
    Post edited by Scourge194 on
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    It's fairly common and annoying
  • Happening to me lately as well.
  • It's happened to me as well. Sometimes it won't trigger when an ally goes into the yellow, though I'm not sure if its broken. I've noticed it most when the enemy has DOTs on him.

If he drops into the yellow more than once before the RG's next turn (meaning he heals a little to get above 50%) it seems to not proc.

Maybe I'm wrong
  • It happened to me today in GW on node 11...
  • It has been happening on and off for me also. They just keep attacking the same person as before like the taunt isnt even there.
  • hasnt been happening as much as broken dooku counter attacks(yes I still use him) and no they were not evades.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Never noticed this. Except under a Teebo lead. If RG goes stealth, his taunt doesn't seem to work. I think stealth overrides taunt. I could be mistaken.
  • If during taunt RG gets stealth taunt is destroyed. But after a while if other characters get stealth as well this time you cannot target them but there is no taunt sign anywhere. Strange things happen with stealth and taunt interaction.
  • It's been happening to me, mostly on annoying node 10 and 11 in GW. With mega gear/mod phasma leader and QGJ, fives, etc... I wasn't sure if the opponent was getting multiple bonus attacks?
  • never experienced this (but i don't use RG that much). Maybe it was an assist that landed after the first hit took that character to 50%?
  • I have seen it, and there's a thread in the Bugs and Issues section on it. Doesn't happen often for me but I have seen it.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • I take back my earlier statement...

OMG RG is broken! Cancel all shore leave! Mayday mayday. Sob
  • Anybody got a video of it?
  • O8c8h80 wrote: »
    Anybody got a video of it?

So if a tree falls in a forest and no one has a video of it, it didn't happen?
  • If you happen to be playing against Palpatine. Then his shock ability negates all buffs. Don't know if that's what you're seeing or not. Sane goes for b2 and Ani, they apply buff immunity.
  • Scourge194 wrote: »
    O8c8h80 wrote: »

Ummm, no, but its harder to determine why the tree fell haha.

If we had a video we could maybe see why this is happening, like because of other characters affecting RG. Or at least identify which characters are able to sidestep the taunt. Ive never seen what OP and others are claiming.
    I take back my earlier statement...

OMG RG is broken! Cancel all shore leave! Mayday mayday. Sob

You will have to pull back your leave chit.
    O8c8h80 wrote: »

lol and yes, exactly
  • Tav1n_Yo wrote: »
    If you happen to be playing against Palpatine. Then his shock ability negates all buffs. Don't know if that's what you're seeing or not. Sane goes for b2 and Ani, they apply buff immunity.

No Palp in sight
  • For me, it's not happening on assists but attacks after the taunt goes up
  • Thanks to this getting worse I've dropped out of the top 100 and can't beat squads in the 250 range