Replies

• @Daeghaa
    I'm on battle 9. The enemy has:
    Phasma - 5*, GL 7, Lvl 60
    Luminara - 4*, GL 6, Lvl 60
    Dooku - 4*, GL 6, Lvl 60
    Daka - 4*, GL 6, Lvl 60
    Sid - 4*, GL 6, Lvl 60

My current lvl is 56 BUT I've just reached it, which means I only have a single lvl 56 character, another 5 lvl 55s and 2 52s. Everything else is 50 or less crap (about 6 of them). I don't even have 2 full lvl 55 teams. The gear and stars are a mean of 5* and lvl 6.5 gear.

The bottom line is I'm getting absolutely wrecked, no matter what "strategy" I try. Again this is just battle 9.

GW is unwinnable unless I pay for at least a second high level team of toons. Don't **** me.
  • Add another thumbs down to ruining the only real strategic ingredients in the game by turning retreat into garbage. I spend $$ here and really enjoy the game but this change really isn't good for the fun factor of the game.
  • I'm not upset with the update at all. I wish it had more meat to it but it's not making my game worse though. I do wish they would have added some more characters to farm in packages using tokens and not even asking for premium guys, maybe add Geonosian soldier and some others. Maybe open some of the less popular pay for characters to farm.

All in all, it's not my biggest concern...
  • Updates are great and all, but can you let us know in the newsletter when there are patches incoming? Would be nice to even have a 24 hour heads up. You already have the feature in place. Why not use it? I had assumed that the newsletter would keep me appraised of things happening in the game, but I only received a message after the patch had loaded. It said that the letter had been sent 17 hours prior when it had in fact just arrived. And I have notifications and push data on, so I don't think it was something on my end.
  • Was planning to sink some money into this game this weekend. Fortunately the change to GW and lack of new characters has changed that idea. Wallet stays closed.....for now.
  • Geddre wrote: »
    I was disappointed at how quickly the level cap raise came after release. I started playing on Nov 29, haven't missed a single day of completing daily activities, and have had few periods where energy built up to the point I was losing it.

I hit 60 yesterday.

If that kind of time investment can only barely keep me ahead of the level limit, I'll have to reevaluate whether or not this game is intended for people like me. This has been a tremendous time investment for someone with a job and a family. I was really looking forward to finally getting to spend some time leveling the 20+ characters I have benched. But now I've got another month of grinding the same 7 or 8 characters I need just to keep up with arena and GW. I've got level 1 Old Ben, Poggle, QGJ, Leia, Boba Fett, and Kylo that I can't do anything with (pulled those last two 2 days ago at the same time! Talk about luck.)

If this is a one time deal and the next level cap raise will take several months, then I retract my complaint. But if we're going to have to grind out 10 more levels every 50 days, that doesn't sound fun. Give me a change to level this horde of awesome characters I've been lucky enough to pull.

Yeah because a 6 week grind is a lot.... -_-

Go play clash of clans where it will take you 4 years to cap your base then come back and complain about a 6 week grind...
  • XfStef wrote: »
    @Willkimm98 it's not exactly coding on processing as you'd learn in a course, where you would need to work with a freaking operating system, not a crappy game
    don't try to make this more complicated than it is
    you just simply keep a double buffer of everything that has happened and when it happens you use a secondary thread (async task) to offload the buffer into the local preferences of the app in the background
    this literally takes a couple of milliseconds... the players would have to move so fast and try to close the app that it's not physically possible for anyone
    yes sure, people will maybe start hacking the local preferences for the game ... but who the hell would invest that much time into such a thing ? it would take too much and in order to make it efficient you'd have to build a special app to do it, which again, could you upload it to the store ? obviously not...

Also, I'm seeing a pattern of 1~2 posts people coming here just to praise the new GW system.... it's pathetic, does EA really believe us this dumb ?

Not sure some of the stuff you just said but i was just telling you i am learning to code lol
  • Seems like the update was just based on EA working out how players had worked out strategy to progress in the game and eliminating all those ways so they could get more money off us. You are making enough money. Stop being greedy.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

2) Players keep asking me when the next content update will be, or when we'll be releasing new characters. Unfortunately, I can't give an update on this yet, but as soon as I get the green light I'll be making a post announcing what we've got in the works.

So you guys are not at a state to introduce new characters and content at least once a month? If that is a ways off, is there at least some timeframe for subscriptions to be put back into effect? They are a big help in offsetting the cost of leveling up both your account and farming gear.
  • @Willkimm98 do I really need to do this now ?
    Battle starts -> Buffer gets created with data of all characters.
    Toon takes turn -> Buffer receives changes to the characters -> Buffer gets saved on the device in a local preferences file -> Upon reloading the game it automatically sends the locally saved buffer to the server and so the server reinstates the state of all characters to exactly before the game "crashed" (was force closed) as if the retreat function was used. This would ensure that players couldn't abuse force quit to get back killed characters.
    Boom ! Retreat stays in. Force quit has no more impact on the GW battles. Players actually do strategize more and the GW stays as challenging and interesting as it was meant by its designers.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Tryban wrote: »
    MoonHunt wrote: »
    Ixan wrote: »
    Daishi wrote: »
    Ixan wrote: »
    @Tak I didn't ask you now did I? Not all of us get on forums for a mobile game.

More deep thinking?
    No, just need deeper roster.
    GW was challenging to complete most days with three max lvl teams and cumulative effects (health and CD carryover). Even with a retreat, you had to deal with health, cumulative effects, and CD timing, which required strategy and thinking with a limited roster. Now, just need more characters to even hope of completing GW when you face 10 other max level teams in a row.
    The drastic change to retreat has potential to completely kill the fun and replay value of GW at lower levels and most everyone who doesn't have multiple max teams.
    The achievements for GW look even more daunting, currently 10, 50, and guessing will jump to 100, 250, or 500 based on other achievement milestones.
    Can't speak for all, but the most fun for me in the game was GW. I'd agree retreat needed an adjustment but completely eliminating the tool of tactical retreat actually eliminates a good portion of strategy in GW and turns it into an arms race.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

- The functionality of Retreat has been changed so that it behaves the same as force-quitting the app. While we understand that many players relied on Retreating as part of their strategy, ultimately there were two different ways to leave a battle that didn’t behave the same way (Retreating, and force-quitting the app). We decided that in order to keep the experience fair and consistent, we would change the behavior of Retreat to work the same as force-quitting.

Appreciate the work EA did (overall, not with this update particularly), and working in a line related to sales and profit, i understand the main priority for the game would be the profit. Making it harder may force people to spend more (or quit the game?).

However, GW is one of the best mode for F2P players, and in Malaysia where the exchange rate for USD is super high, GW is the main mode that I look forward to. Plus, the previous retreat function does not harm other players or PVP mode, it just gives advantage and completion ease for everyone.

I really hope that EA reconsider this, not just for profit, but for the fans of Star Wars and SWGoH.

On a side note, hope EA employees read our comment with maturity and patience. Some comments got no chills tho! Its kinda hot in here with all the flames lol 
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    - The functionality of Retreat has been changed so that it behaves the same as force-quitting the app. While we understand that many players relied on Retreating as part of their strategy, ultimately there were two different ways to leave a battle that didn’t behave the same way (Retreating, and force-quitting the app). We decided that in order to keep the experience fair and consistent, we would change the behavior of Retreat to work the same as force-quitting.

Bit disappointed with this change. GW battles have become quite tedious as when you retreat to save your characters, the game resets. Boring!

If people were 'cheating' using a loophole by hard resetting then address that issue. How it works currently is quite annoying.

Playing a battle over and over until RNG favours me..... Or lose a char I may need a few games further on
  • Ease
    16 posts Member
    Nice update imo. Very smooth. How about those gem subscriptions returning though?
  • I look at it this way you took the Guerrilla Warfare out of Galactic War. Before you could send in a quick hit squad and take out a key guy then retreat out. Now your hit squad has to stay in and get obliterated going toe to toe with the Red Coats. How about putting in a feature where your toons can skip an attack so you can reload your turn meters and heal up before continuing on if you are going to take away the Retreat mode.

Plain and Simple........IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you wanted to fix something, why didn't fix the worthless Key Card junk.
  • With this updated you have just killed GW for us who aren't at lvl 60. I'm sure people at that lvl had a hard time completing it too, but at least they could fight teams of their own lvl! I'm currently lvl 51 and around the 8th nod am going against lvl 59 teams with fully 6-7* and 7th gear, retreat was my only way to have a chance to fight those, now GW seems pointless for me.
    I'm very disappointed since GW was actually my favorite part of the game, it was fun, and challenging already the way it was.
    I've spent around 100-150 bucks on this and I was ok with that, but now I regretted. With that money I had a chance for completing GW, even with the retreat option it wasn't easy, now it seems like you must spent a few thousands for the same chance. Feels like a scam for me.
    Make GW the way it was!!

Apologies if my english isn't the best, hope I made myself clear.
  • Well, no point in playing this game anymore as a Free User. Been playing since late November - lvl 58 (with 6* 7g Sid, 5* 6g Lumi and Luke, dozen 4*), but now I give up. It was fun while it lasted.

Like everyone around here, a lot of time goes into this game for me. I have other complaints - like how the drop rates for shards are skewed, how the big chars can only be bought, how there weren't enough energy points or credits to gear up all my chars, and so on and so forth. But, I re-emphasize, my biggest problem is TIME - how EA is forcing me to spend more and more time on the game the higher I level up in order to keep up with PVP and GW.

But now I think it's reached a tipping point. A point of no-return.

While I toil even harder to keep levelling up, the spenders up there at 60s will rocket forward. Now GW is effectively pointless for me without the retreat, so no shards there, no mega credits, no regular ability mats, no Lumi. I was hoping I would catch up with higher ranked folks in PVP after reaching 60, where I'd have enough time to gear up and ability up my key characters for PVP, but it was an illusion.

There will never be any catching up, simple. The ones ahead, most spending the dough on Ren or Rey or crystals, will stay ahead and get away even farther. They'll level up and gear up faster, they'll get to farming Dooku and Barriss even quicker, and PVP will get harder since I will take more time to star up and gear up my chars.

My goal was, despite being a non-spender, to hit the top 100s with less than an hour spent daily. Now at least one of those parameters has to change in the wake of these updates, and I don't see the trend changing in future updates.

So, no. I'll go back to re-watching the Clone Wars instead.
    That's it. Bye.

P.S: At least nerf the ****ing TIE pilot, EA. No ****ing financial gain for you there.
  • I find this a really bad choice

The reasoning from EA seems flawed, a force close would be a way to randomly retry the battle at best, while a retreat was an actual tactic to manage characters, health, and produce game flow. It was easier but still tough to beat GW with a limited bench and it made it an interesting challenge.

I find it kind of humorous that some seem to think that having a really deep bench is the 'hard way' to clear GW, while actually having to plan out your moves using retreat was the easy way.

It seems pretty clear that EA wants you to have a deep bench, which takes either huge amounts of time, or huge amounts of cash ( or so they hope ) turning this into nothing but a cannon fodder exercise for the most part.

It's their game, but I think I just lost interest.

Also like many I am seeing my characters die, and stay dead, with the opponents being revived at full health and abilities.

Eh, I was spending way to much time on this anyway.
  • I was worried about the changes to GW, but after just completing it I have to say it was actually easier, and less time consuming, than it was with the old retreat function.

I am at level 47, and I never lost a hero. I did switch Lumi in for JC when he got too low and couldn't survive a first volley. Then I subbed Boba Fett for Kylo Ren on the very last battle for the same reason.

I did have to try reshuffling the order of my heroes whenever I would lose someone quickly and retreat. Moving them around seemed to have an effect on the RNG.
  • ARE YOU LISTENING EA? Seems pretty obvious the General consensus on the board here is that your GW Retreat Nerf SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of strategic Guerrilla Warfare you now have to send in Suicide squads. You took the strategy out of it. GW was a bit like chess with Retreat, now all your other toons are just pawns. Bring it back before YOU lose the War.
  • Mopholo wrote: »
    I find this a really bad choice

The reasoning from EA seems flawed, a force close would be a way to randomly retry the battle at best, while a retreat was an actual tactic to manage characters, health, and produce game flow. It was easier but still tough to beat GW with a limited bench and it made it an interesting challenge.

I find it kind of humorous that some seem to think that having a really deep bench is the 'hard way' to clear GW, while actually having to plan out your moves using retreat was the easy way.

It seems pretty clear that EA wants you to have a deep bench, which takes either huge amounts of time, or huge amounts of cash ( or so they hope ) turning this into nothing but a cannon fodder exercise for the most part.

It's their game, but I think I just lost interest.

Also like many I am seeing my characters die, and stay dead, with the opponents being revived at full health and abilities.

Eh, I was spending way to much time on this anyway.

Nail on the head
  • No.......no...no.........bye bye........
  • Daeghaa wrote: »
    hmmm funny, I can finish GW in both F2P and P2P accounts, and I have a way better time finishing it in my F2P (which i don't really care, and just play straightforward). Guess they make a match of squads you can actually win. So much for what most called a P2W game.

So for those whining about the retreat function, just don't...

Bummer about not having new characters though. And btw I still have unresolved business with shard count from data cards, I'm not so much buying the "visual bug" as stated, but I didn't record anything, as I thought this wouldn't happen. This almost made me quit, but the fact that this is SW didn't.

Also, refresh cost is near insane after 100 or 200 for cantina, throw us a bone here. Drop rate on purple mats and the amount needed to fill a slot bores me.

Agree on all counts. ;) For me, even just one more round of base-cost refreshes would make a huge difference, even for P2P. I don't mind the grind if I can at least feel like I've made reasonable progress after farming a full day's energy recharges, and a few crystal refreshes. Ability Mat drop rates are silly random.
  • Harmson wrote: »
    THE CHANGE TO GW SUCKS!!!! The retreat function was necessary for those whom dont have 20 level 60 purple geared characters. I dont have enough characters to keep rotating out, and only 3 healers!!!! already start mission 3 aoe's hit me and then a luminara drops my healer bam......

I honestly didn't even know about the retreat function until everyone started complaining about it, and I've been able to get up to the last row of battles in GW with a squad of 43's in incomplete blue gear and only a few ability upgrades. Whatever magical powers the retreat function had, I can assure you that it wasn't essential, even for F2P.
  • While the GW retreat doesn't work the same way, I was able to repeat the last battle when I lost. I went back in with the freshest team I had left and the two remaining opponents were still there and yellow. I finished and got all my rewards just as if I did a retreat early on. So now we have to think of new strategies like using and A, B and C squad you can alternate between battles or use the weaker ones in the beginning and save your best PvP squad for the last 3 battles where you will face the highest levels.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I'm not a fan of the change to GW but every game I played similar to this didn't have a retreat option in their similar feature.

I'm more upset that my Asajj still isn't fixed, she's one of my favorite characters so I'll never stop using her but this sucks.
  • 100% agree this ruins the best part of the game. @EA_Jesse you have shown an ability to listen to the community in the past; please show us again that you care. With this change I can't see myself playing long term anymore, and this was my favorite mobile game. Please revert.
  • GW 7th nod, just went against the following team:
    leader: Sid lvl 55 6* gear6
    JC lvl 53 5* gear7
    FOTP lvl 54 5* gear6
    Lumi lvl 54 4* gear6
    Dooku lvl 53 5* gear6

Me on the other hand already lost Poe (lvl 51 5* gear6) in the 6th nod in order to have my Barris healed since she got almost killed in the previous one, and no retreat means no saving chars for the end to got them healed.

After retreating a couple times, and try with different chards, I understood there was no way I could win it without getting killed a couple of chars, since in every try at least one of my chars got almost killed (without even targeting it) before I even had the chance to attack. Please remember this was only the 7th nod.

So, here's the team I played, and this is my A team in PVP:
    Leader: CP lvl 51 4* gear6 (before updated I used to go with barris as leader in GW, so I could keep fresh my chars, now seems pointless since if I don't go on the offensive I don't stand a chance)
    Sid lvl 51 5* gear6
    Asajj lvl 51 4* gear7
    Barris lvl 51 4* gear6
    Chewie lvl 51 5* gear6

So, result: Asajj and Sid got killed, and CP, Barris and Chewie all 3 of them are around 40% of health, but with this new mechanic the 3 of them aren't reliable anymore for the rest, so I must consider I lost my entire A team in the 7th nod!
    This is the first time I got 3 chars from my A team killed before the 9th nod, and the very first time my Sid gets killed before the 10th nod.
    All seems pointless now and it has ZERO fun. I think I can win the 8th nod using my B team, but theres no way I can against the 9th.
    What seems to be the worse is that this new mechanic has ZERO STRATEGY, now everything comes down to hit fast and like a truck before your opponent, and have a ton (not a few enough for a B and even a C team, a ton!) of others reliable chars fully trained.
    You guys have taken away all the fun in the GW, the only way for winning this now is spending a thousand bucks, or more! Your greed will kill this game.
  • Why would anyone want to farm cantina 5-A Luke Skywalker for whatever the energy cost will be (12+?) when they could just farm him for 8 energy at 1-C? Pretty stupid and a waste to have duplicate cantina shard locations such as this one.
  • Well done EA! This is a fabulous update! Now I can keep advancing my squad up to lvl 70! Awesome job and keep it up.
  • Did FOTPs keen eye critical hit % drop? Mine is level 3 and it says 7.5%. I thought it was 20% or more before. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.