Repeat Cantina characters

The new update has brought in new Cantina battles, but many contain the same character shards as previous Cantina battles. Is there any reason to farm these new battles? It actually seems like farming the new ones would be bad, because Luke's previous node can be farmed for eight energy per attempt, while his new node is (at least) ten. Does anybody have a real reason to try these new nodes?

Replies

• The rewards apart from the shards
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited January 2016
    I mentioned this in another post, but I'll share that response here:
    Some of you were asking why we had shards for a character available in multiple spots for the same character in Cantina Battles. For example, Kylo Ren shards are available from Cantina Battle 4C and 6C. The drop rate for the character shard is the same between each of these locations, however you will receive more Cantina Currency, more credits and a higher chance at tier 3 ability materials if you choose the battle in 6C. So, if you are wanting just character shards, then 4C is the better option, but if you are going for the character shards and want a better shot at tier 3 ability materials then 6C might be your cup of tea.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Pros of lower Luke node: 3 more chances at a shard per energy refill, so on average, 1 more shard per refill.
    Pros of upper Luke node: Slightly more Cantina credits (9 more per refill), better training droid rewards, possibly greater chance of ability mats?
    The new nodes aren't useless but they are pretty unimaginative given how many characters could have been put in there.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I mentioned this in another post, but I'll share that response here:
    Some of you were asking why we had shards for a character available in multiple spots for the same character in Cantina Battles. For example, Kylo Ren shards are available from Cantina Battle 4C and 6C. The drop rate for the character shard is the same between each of these locations, however you will receive more Cantina Currency, more credits and a higher chance at tier 3 ability materials if you choose the battle in 6C. So, if you are wanting just character shards, then 4C is the better option, but if you are going for the character shards and want a better shot at tier 3 ability materials then 6C might be your cup of tea.

Thanks Jesse
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Pros of lower Luke node: 3 more chances at a shard per energy refill, so on average, 1 more shard per refill.
    Pros of upper Luke node: Slightly more Cantina credits (9 more per refill), better training droid rewards, possibly greater chance of ability mats?
    The new nodes aren't useless but they are pretty unimaginative given how many characters could have been put in there.

And Qeltar nails it again- unimaginative.