Raising the level cap?

Prev1
Harlodpeter
323 posts Member
edited July 2016
Honestly.. I am too still working on my roster.. But currently, i find no other toons that i should or wanna work with right now, i know that this is not what everybody wanted, and some might go against it.. But how bout we let the poll decide.. And maybe, just maybe.. With enough vote and all, we may give the development team some idea to consider this onto their next plan of action..

My suggestion is that level cap be raised to level 85 before we all jump to 90.. What do you guys think?

Raising the level cap? 291 votes

Level 85 sound nice..
7%
BentWookieeRogan_Ban84DickMufflerHan_Brolo81DeadHeadAndyPhilosopherCodyHarlodpeterEgo12DraconisSaug77Gravytrain0815Riggin12TutaCorrosivescottjedikilla84Neo2551AuriciusWicket_The_EwokPaddleboard8d49ers1Dogywolf 22 votes
Why go halfway? Let's go 90..
5%
JJHSekuPrimeTimeDaymaMaraxusCatoSanBostonmessMo_lizaAeroGoosyAlwaysABigerFishBrandedPhoenixPhoenix_YomaroWrightron74YansoloNo_Try 16 votes
Don't even think about it.. It would create even a larger gap between P2P and F2P
75%
TaniwhaFeardemon3SkyeJabberwockyspeZialiZtpip_ninjaRonon_DexBreetaiVarlieCharlesbusaEM650RonTomRedanMoBlaqtjw_tjw14JudojoeyfberbertDreislaofive2zerobenacrow 219 votes
I would like to sit back, grab a cold one and think about this for a sec
11%
StarSonLordStylingeffdashJediMasterGibsSwordsLFDStarNickRulexKingOfLosingRAYRAYLaLiamPatman6632MikeCCookieCrisppAero_VeeloCarth_Onassi1973Spart4n_AngelJbizzyGJ_LowEventineElessedil___gumpyNickisams 34 votes

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    There will be a final level cap. We know this, it has been confirmed. I rather we just stop wasting XP. I don't care if I'm level 90 but all my characters are level 85 or whatever.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Don't even think about it.. It would create even a larger gap between P2P and F2P
    Dont give them any ideas they should focus on fixing all the broken stuff in this game before moving on to 90, some people care about more than just their top 5-10 characters, forcing people to work on those 5-10 again will kill any chance at seeing diverse teams for a change
  • Level 85 sound nice..
    Aero wrote: »
    There will be a final level cap. We know this, it has been confirmed. I rather we just stop wasting XP. I don't care if I'm level 90 but all my characters are level 85 or whatever.

As for me, i would love it if the level cap be raised to level 85 in the mean time.. It will give F2P(part time P2P) like myself a fighting chances against the full time P2P

• Don't even think about it.. It would create even a larger gap between P2P and F2P

As for me, i would love it if the level cap be raised to level 85 in the mean time.. It will give F2P(part time P2P) like myself a fighting chances against the full time P2P

[/quote]

What do you mean? The level cap is helping you compete...not hurting. You raise the cap, the biggest P2P will pull away because they can buy their way ahead. Are you a whale trying to pretend you're not? The level cap, with gear grind, gives us a fighting chance because now it's only about gear and omegas. Yes pre-crafters have/had an advantage but even that is lessening (I didn't pre-craft). Also, the cap means you have time to level more characters, giving more options for raid/arena/events.

All these people talking about wasted XP...there is no such thing...XP is meaningless when we're all capped. It's not wasted if we're all not using it. It has no current value in game, how can you waste something that has no value? It will again, but until it does it's worthless.

The only people asking for cap raise are whales wanting to pull ahead further or just super impatient players without imagination. The gear grind and rotating events are supposed to stop either of those happening.

Hail Santa!

• I would like to sit back, grab a cold one and think about this for a sec
    All you did was piggy back off @Maraxus....
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    All you did was piggy back off @Maraxus....

Looks like this post will get the same results...
    Honestly releasing new content with all the current bugs at the moment is like putting a new rug on top of a stain in the carpet, it will still be a great rug whether the stain is there or not, but the intention wouldn't feel like it was only for decoration if the stain wasn't cleaned up beforehand
  • Don't even think about it.. It would create even a larger gap between P2P and F2P
    I enjoy being able to put some resources into new toons instead of using all my credits/gear to keep my arena team viable
  • Where is option 5 that says "stop talking about it, I don't want to think about it for a long time."
  • Level 85 sound nice..
    Can we get 200 vote for this?
    Too many bugs that need fixing
    Ai needs an Overhaul
    Alot heroes need revamps and balancing

Much prefer things sorted first
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    New levels are not new content.

A new level cap means you need another 50+ million credits just to tread water. Once everyone's at the same level again, nothing at all has changed - it's just cost you more.

I'd be happy if they never increased the level cap again, it's just a tax for playing the game. Abilities add more, gear *can* add more, levels benefit only EA.
    Nothing to do with the F2P vs P2P gap - there's just a huge amount of stuff that needs fixing/balancing before there's anymore wood thrown on this fire.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Your choices aren't viable for me I have nothing against P2P players but I definitely do not want another level cap raise. Im farming rebels for the Military might event and also farming Ewoks for fun but it they raise the cap say bye to any side proyects and worst of all say hi to a greater credit crunch. I finally have 5M saved up (Even though I need way more then that to level the toons I got) and this is all for my side projects
  • luisgin
    122 posts Member
    Fix the issue, then jump the shark to 100
  • Dreislao
    380 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I have seen this clamour for increased caps many times before, usually in MMO's. What follows is a level cap raise from panicked dev teams rushing out content that could have used a few more weeks/months. Only for the player base to consume it within hours then the cycle starts again.

I think taking a step back, looking at the major issues affecting the game and some polish would be much more apt before any new level cap raise.
    I fight the good fight
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    Nah, fix what's broken, rework existing content, test out new content, address the gear/credit locks, add another dozen or so characters... then start raising the cap. I'd much rather see smooth sailing with regular, predictable, event/character/cap release cycles than a rush to more levels with things in their current state.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    If you want to bump the cap, 82 is a good place as it unlocks new challenges. Overall though, I'm in favor of siting put until the issues we are having already can be put to rest. There are a lot of bugs that need to be squashed and throwing another variable into the mix isn't going to help anything.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Everyone can holler wait for bug fixes until they're blue in the face. It'll be raised before most of this stuff is taken care of. The bugs aren't stopping them from adding new events.

Money > all.
  • Level 85 sound nice..
    Dear Team developers.. i hope that after seeing these numbers.. You know really well on what's the player really wanted.. Listen to the majority, fix whatever that it is need to be fix first before we all make that leap to whatever new level cap..

Hope these numbers tell you guys something..
  • I don't think it needs to be changed just yet. It really depends more on what gear and gear levels they release as far as character power is concerned (and I don't mean the power score in game that really doesn't tell you how powerful a character is). Gear is what matters most at this point in the game not 10-20 strength, agility, or int. And gear would be what would make the gap between ftp and whales bigger, not a few levels.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Can we all agree to just wait till new movie is about to come out? That seems reasonable
  • Level 85 sound nice..
    Looking for 18 more votes.. Then we may close the thread
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Nope. Not until they fix the gear and credit problems, which still persist.
    So far they are doing quite the opposit.
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Level 85 sound nice..
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Nope. Not until they fix the gear and credit problems, which still persist.
    So far they are doing quite the opposit.

I dont think that credit problems bother much, once you reach level 80 and most of the toon u frequently used are upgraded, u'll be having plenty of spare creds (i myself right now have 5M unused creds)

i find that gear issue is no longer a problem since they put raid gear in the shipment every two weeks (but i still think that random raid gear appearance is far better than one appearing every two weeks)

I would love to see bugs fix, AI reworks and better GW tho
  • Level 85 sound nice..
    @BentWookiee, please do close the thread.. 200 votes are in.. :-)
    No way. I have lots of toons that want love. Why would you want to take it away from them just cause you don't have any toons to love?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Yes, but not yet.
    Yes so we can get to G12
    not in the next three months, let ftps have a roster depth or even get their squads fully starred and to lvl 80
  • I would like to sit back, grab a cold one and think about this for a sec
    Lol like devs ever listen to the player base. ROFLMAO
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Hi haters.
This discussion has been closed.