Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    BRRRAP wrote: »
    I don't get why everyone is so angry? I was besting GW before I even knew about retreating. Just build a team specifically for GW and it isn't hard. I beat it 75% of the time using Han and a bunch of healers standing behind him. It isn't fast or flashy but it works.

Are you level 60 yet? If so, beating full teams of 5-7* with max gears won't save your Han. One battle yes, but 6 battles from node 7 onwards is close to impossible.

• It's not a battle of attrition anymore, its a series of arena battles with all strategy drained from the process.

They designed the retreat function exactly how they wanted it to be, and a problem arose in that the player base found an exploit of force closing on top of that. Rather than go through the effort of fixing the force close exploit, they replaced the original retreat function with the bug.

Congrats everyone, the bug has become a feature and the original design abandoned.

You made it through GW today with your 13epic geared characters, good for you. This change is bad for most people, and it happened the way it did because of developer laziness, not because it was a good idea.
  • And it just did it again. I just won another match and it says that I was awarded 400 tokens, but I only received half that - 200. So I don't know if there is another "display" bug, but I am not getting what it says I should be.
  • ccfoo wrote: »
    BRRRAP wrote: »
    I don't get why everyone is so angry? I was besting GW before I even knew about retreating. Just build a team specifically for GW and it isn't hard. I beat it 75% of the time using Han and a bunch of healers standing behind him. It isn't fast or flashy but it works.

Are you level 60 yet? If so, beating full teams of 5-7* with max gears won't save your Han. One battle yes, but 6 battles from node 7 onwards is close to impossible.

Doesn't matter. They open new servers like the one I'm on. If you were here, you'd spend your couple bucks to be top dog like I am. But in a little while, I won't be. On to the next app after that! We are all just trying to get entertainment.

• And, No. This is not the way it should be.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    The game predetermines the moves. If you start a match with the same 5 players in the same 5 slots, and you make the same moves, they will play out exactly the same right down to the damage.

Not true. Please stop.

Unless you fixed this, I can take a video of this and show it to you. You will also get more reports of this now that FC is the initial way of doing things.

I have had the exact same game play out 20+ times, down to the exact damage and abilities until I changed my teams.

Others have reported this exact same behavior.

If you like, I will record it for you and PM you it.

Again, if you changed this obviously it won't work but if you haven't it's easy to test. Pick 5 guys in GW, start a battle. See who goes first, use your first ability against someone and document the damage. Force close out and start the battle again (don't replace any characters or move anyone). Document who went first, and then use your first ability and document the damage. Was it the exact same? In my experience it has been.

Many may think I hate Instinct, but if Barrok knows more about this that @CG_AaronNemoyten, that would be the laugh of the century....
  • The chore mode did hit me eventually as well. This past week. I stopped doing the GW all together due to fatigue. "Because I didn't feel like it" kinda wish I did it because my phasma is only 6*.

The crying in the forums is what I'm use to seeing so that didn't shock me one bit. It was a good move imho
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • I think it's not force close vs retreat. It's that manybwill miss retreat mid battle. What amises menis that the reason anything changes is because people complain and call ither cheaters, slackers, cheesers, lazy dogs, etc. closing the app (even if not documented) was ok and so was retreat (even with it's huge defects, and that also wasn't know by many many people).

The thing I don't uderstand is those that make it their job to limit options to others. Like @Terrorize89 and many others, always vigilant of what others do....

+1. I suspect they already have maxxed GW shipment toons and are closing the gate behind them.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Disagree on all counts. GW should've been left alone, it was perfect the way it was
  • Anzial wrote: »
    Disagree on all counts. GW should've been left alone, it was perfect the way it was

Agreed

I breezed through it today, it was no harder, and far less fun. Less fun = less inclined to spend, and I spent a decent amount here weekly.
    Disagree on all counts. GW should've been left alone, it was perfect the way it was

Agreed

I breezed through it today, it was no harder, and far less fun. Less fun = less inclined to spend, and I spent a decent amount here weekly.

All I'm saying is ,,,, get to 70. Then throw a temper tantrum .. well it's too late for that but, just shut up in play. Ffs.

Baby's don't like their bottles taken away I understand now :)
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING

Agreed

+1.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Wait...so it should be FC? Because that's what it is now. I thought FC was a despised exploit. Ideally it should've been left as it was with the clearing of debuffs, ability locks, etc removed. If you've got an epic geared, 7* and 10 character deep bench, good for you. A lot of people don't.
  • Someone say ea "fixed it"
    Well I agree because the reward of GW shorten the difference between p2p and f2p so they stop this
    Good job EA

• ChaseKillz wrote: »
    Anzial wrote: »

Agreed

All I'm saying is ,,,, get to 70. Then throw a temper tantrum .. well it's too late for that but, just shut up in play. Ffs.

I cited fact pal. It was less fun this way, still easy. LVL increase just posted. Been at Max level for weeks though, how about you twit?
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    The game predetermines the moves. If you start a match with the same 5 players in the same 5 slots, and you make the same moves, they will play out exactly the same right down to the damage.

Not true. Please stop.

I expect an apology if you prove what I said to be true :)

In all the rants I made, I never could've pictured the day when Instinct was digging it into CGs chest *grabs popcorn*
  • I can't fully read the article but
    I respect you as a challenge-love guy I like that too
    Some of us do really need the reward and strategy tune so you may respect it also
  • Galactic War was the only fun part of the game because it involved strategy and planing and it was fun subbing in different teams. This game pretty much is push button and let the computer play now. Boring as hell! Guess I'll go back to clash of clans. Too bad because I have played everyday since November and I did like this game. I was hoping new changes would involve more strategy with using lots of teams not less.

Oh well. It was fun for a couple of months. Good luck guys.

• Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I didn't mean to brag about my bench since i was using only 7 toons anyway. The idea was to point out that all you need is LUMI + JC with pref max gear / heal skills. If you re having trouble with GW. Nothing has changed in that regard.

• ChaseKillz wrote: »
    Anzial wrote: »

Agreed

I cited fact pal. It was less fun this way, still easy. LVL increase just posted. Been at Max level for weeks though, how about you? Or do you simply like to troll and insult people? I liked the ability to sub and do strategy and test things. Now I have to just destroy the team, move on, repeat, that is far less fun. I think as someone who spent 4 figures on this game I am entitled to voice my dislike of a change made to the game that effects my fun factor. Troll on pal.

• Im lvl 60 and in the 11th node I just faced a team consisting of a 7* leia 7*fotp 7*stormtrooper han 7*poe and 7*lum to all you guys saying oh I finished Gw today and it's easier just gotta be more strategic ****. I didn't have a good enough team left after I suffered all my healers dying. Maybe tomorrow will be different.
  • I didn't know you could retreat to begin with...go figure.
  • EA sucks. I wish someone else developed the game:/
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The idea was, to have 12 consecutive battles with limited resources while retaining CDs / HPs to make it feel " challenging ". Not sure what their initial idea with retreat was but i can't imagine that they intentionally would allow to able to remove buffs/debuffs etc. to make it actually "less challenging".
    Now you have exactly what it was supposed to be: 12 consecutive battles, without any kind of manipulation in between. If you want to manipulate something, well then you have to start that battle from the beginning.
    Fair, is fair.
  • It's not a battle of attrition anymore, its a series of arena battles with all strategy drained from the process.

They designed the retreat function exactly how they wanted it to be, and a problem arose in that the player base found an exploit of force closing on top of that. Rather than go through the effort of fixing the force close exploit, they replaced the original retreat function with the bug.

Congrats everyone, the bug has become a feature and the original design abandoned.

You made it through GW today with your 13epic geared characters, good for you. This change is bad for most people, and it happened the way it did because of developer laziness, not because it was a good idea.

If you can't complete GW with 6 toons you need a new squad...
  • I think it is a display issue with the rewards. Every time it stated it gave me tokens, it was always half of what it said, but when I was finished with GW I had the normal 1,200 that I always have. So there is definitely a display issue going on with rewards. What I am not sure of, is whether it's just the tokens or whether it's for the money, shards, etc...
  • Heres a different perspective... I've been playing since early december and have kept up on my server maintaining top 100 in arena, and today was actually the first time I've finished the GW. I understand that the way retreat works now is how force quitting worked previously, but I actually like it better than the old retreat. Previously I would lose a guy to some horrible rng like a random 6k crit , and I'd have to make do retreating and subbing in someone else. But now, I have the chance to revive everyone to full and try to avoid **** rng( which helped me win 2/3 of my last battles today.) I was never able to utilize the old retreat to my advantage because Ive always had guys with low health that can get dropped out of nowhere, so I'm happy that my opponents have to try as hard as I've had to previously now :)
  • woke up this morning and saw there was a new lvl 70 cap, but then saw this thread with 2 sides of opinions regarding the retreat function. i got my bollocks kicked in by on the 9th stage of GW yesterday (ive cleared it 23 times so far). the opposing team has a dooku, lum, sid and a couple others. my A and B team are gone and i just have 1-2* with 2-3 bar health.

Anyways, ive knocked off about half of lum's life with my B team before they all died (no retreats), and when i tried it out with the crap group (after the patch), she still had only half. sid and dooku got first attack which left me with either 1 or 2 guys before it was my turn, to which i retreated. back at the character select screen, all my guys were back alive with full health. i tested this 3 times and got the same result each time....including lum's 1/2 health.

perhaps this is because pre-patch she had that much heath and post patch theyll all resurrect with full health. i wont know unless i can get to the next stage with my crap team. or just wait until the next reset.

Any thoughts?
  • DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I ran with Lumi as Lead and that really helped. Also, I think taunt is a lot more important now. So I noticed Chewy helped later on, and now need to develop Poe. Lumi's ability block is amazing on taunters now.

Made it all the way through with just one death.
  • @YourNameHere004 change the order of your characters or use different abilities in different orders