Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• There should really be no retreat and no force close. You make a team it gets you so far then they die. You use the next team etc...I doubt they wanted to you be micro managing retreats to get your 1 or 2 bad teams all the way through. You are supposed to have bunch of teams for this mode and build ones that counter the team your facing. The hard part should be building the team and trying to lose as little health as possible countering the opponent, not learning how retreat 15 times from a fight. I mean in any other game is tactically retreating 10 times a match really a thing? I feel like it was an abused feature that people used to get their arena teams through gw, instead of building multiple decent teams that worked well together and could counter other builds.

Please.. shut up.. how people can build different several teams without completing GWAR? Are you serious?

• I've put some money into the game (a reasonable amount) and the fact that this update makes GW impossible if I face a team like this will make me play the game less; I'm not going to pump money into a game if it is a necessity in order to compete at a normal level.

Most people on your server will progress at the same slower pace as you do. Don't think it's gonna affect your competitiveness.
  • So again I read such nonsense from people. GW isn't tactical anymore blabla, less fun blabla.
    Again with the honorable mention that it is despised to use FC..
    BUT retreating in a battle after the enemy blew all his specials and Dot's on you, is considered fair and "honorable"? Right... The retreat option was broken obviously or did you really enjoy a basic attack vs basic attack only?

If you could dodge all debuffs by retreating, might as well make it simpler.It makes 0 sense and proves you people are just whining to whine.
    It's just as easy as it was, only thing you can't cheat out of is the dots/cd's on specials. Self proclaimed saints that used this bad designed retreat and now whine cause it has been fixed. Good job on making a fool of yourself.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I like the new system because it makes it much easier to try out various builds against some common arena teams. Been wanting to try HK leader? Give it a try and reset if you get worked over. Got a Leia and ST han opponent? You get to try multiple combos to see what will work best. Now you've got a better idea about how to fight them in arena.
  • Hey Stuwart I think we are in the same server. I use my arena team in GW and tonight I completed my 12th GW and didn't loose a toon. I guess my team is good for GW because I have only lost a few and that was a while ago. The server I am on just turned 60 a few days ago so maybe that's why I don't get all 7* level 60 on the other team in GW. The are level 60 with purple gear but not all 7*. Maybe when I promote my characters more that will change.
  • What lineup are you using?

I have Baris (Leader) 5star, Kylo Ren 6 star, Sidius 7 star, JC 6 star, and either Leia or Vader

I probably wouldn't have lost a character if I didn't get blasted by Tie pilot, Count Dooku, and Rey all before I could get any moves in
  • Agreed. It's so much easier now. No risk in every losing a main player halfway thru.
  • I completed it today easy peasy. I'm not sure what the problem is. I didn't even have to dip into my roster too greatly. Started with phasma, fives, ig86, qgj and talia.. switched to jc and cad after losing qgc and talia... Then subbed out cad, phasma and fives for lumi, bariss and Han to bring it home. I lost three characters.. Han died on the final node. Restarted like 7 times tho.
  • akositzke
    273 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Overall it depends who you face. Starting with team 6 today I was facing all level 60 characters - and after team 8 they all had purple gear - including not fun droid team, and another pretty nasty Poe team back to back. On both of those, plus a couple others, I probably restarted a dozen times - trying out different team members / combinations so that I didn't get wiped out by a couple bad turns.

In the end it took longer than normal to complete, and was way more frustrating than normal. I don't hate the change, but I still view it as unnecessary and a worsening of the game overall.
  • Baris (leader) 4 star, Kylo 6 star, JC 7 star, Old Ben 4 star and Dooku 4 star all max gear level 60. Funny thing tonight the second last team had JC as leader when there were others on the team that could a have actually been a leader with the leader skills. I think I have made it through 5 or 6 GW without loosing a toon.
  • Yeah easy for now because we are all Max 60 & Max Gear but wait till wales rapid progress to 70 & higher gear.
  • Ok, I have concluded that GW has rigged/set % when conducting damage and that each encounter following repeated steps have outcomes that are always the same.

In GW today, last node for completion, I have encountered something of game breaking interest IMO.

Heres my situation:
    I am trying to take down this enemy Sid and he keeps dodging, and when I retreat to redo the battle for RNG, it doesnt seem to apply. Enemy Sid dodges every retreat, every reset, every... effin... time.

So... GW, or any encounter for that matter, is it really percentage based or are the attacks and dodges/resist/etc. already set?

I will upload a video later showing my repeated attempts at trying to replicate this situation.
  • Sorry double post. I get the encounter resets health and abilities, but does RNG really have to reset too?
  • The seed is set on GW from the first fight. If you repeat the same actions with the same toons, you get exactly same outcomes, no matter how many times you try. You must vary something - your actions or your toons.
  • One of the admins confirmed today that the way RNG works is that a seed is generated for the match. Even if you retreat, it will still use the same seed when you re-enter the match - therefore if you attack the opponent in the same order, all the moves / dodges / etc will repeat themselves exactly.

From my experience, if you want to refresh the RNG seed you need to change the order of the members on your team (though this doesn't seem to always change the RNG) or swap out one of the members for someone else - which is the most effective in giving you different RNG.
  • If thats the case then I have my answer, I just wanted to know whether retreats also reset RNG chances yknow? Thanks for replying!

Update: will not post video anymore
  • Anzial
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The game became much more boring and tedious after the GW retreat has been changed. Now it's all the same, whether you playing regular missions, or GW without that unique and very different type of gameplay with the old retreat option which set it aside from the every other game mode in the game. No I feel like it's not worth the bother. No variability, no replay value, it's became bland because all game modes feel like grinding work, everything the same and no difference whatsoever.
  • Instead of creating another topic, why does Bounty Hunter feel like its slowed down or in slo-mo?
  • Anzial
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    GW was the only rather different mode in the entire game. Everything else was about grinding through the missions, one after another, until the victory or defeat. GW was the only game mode which offered any kind of variability, replay value, rewarding on its own because it offered a very different experience which pulled me away from the tediousness of the regular missions or Arena. GW was like a breath of fresh air with this unique capability to go in with one group, swap out toons in the middle of the fight and go on fighting like it's a baseball game or something. This variability of experience allowed me to take a break from the bland repetitiveness of the rest of the game. Alas, no more. I feel my interest to the game waning after I couldn't tear myself apart from it the for the last few weeks.
  • Change is good for your level 60 max gear 6+ stars players, because as you said it's actually more fun and challenge.
    However for us who are still progressing in the game, not getting 15 shards everyday from completing GW slows us down. Bad for us.
  • Anzial wrote: »
    GW was the only rather different mode in the entire game. Everything else was about grinding through the missions, one after another, until the victory or defeat. GW was the only game mode which offered any kind of variability, replay value, rewarding on its own because it offered a very different experience which pulled me away from the tediousness of the regular missions or Arena. GW was like a breath of fresh air with this unique capability to go in with one group, swap out toons in the middle of the fight and go on fighting like it's a baseball game or something. This variability of experience allowed me to take a break from the bland repetitiveness of the rest of the game. Alas, no more. I feel my interest to the game waning after I couldn't tear myself apart from it the for the last few weeks.

I agree with you
  • I don't know if I was just lucky or what but GW felt a lot easier today. Still came up against plenty of level 60 purple gears, but they seemed to be of lower stars than before.

Could all be a trick of the mind, or I was making GW harder for myself than it needed to be before
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    It's not a battle of attrition anymore, its a series of arena battles with all strategy drained from the process.

They designed the retreat function exactly how they wanted it to be, and a problem arose in that the player base found an exploit of force closing on top of that. Rather than go through the effort of fixing the force close exploit, they replaced the original retreat function with the bug.

Congrats everyone, the bug has become a feature and the original design abandoned.

You made it through GW today with your 13epic geared characters, good for you. This change is bad for most people, and it happened the way it did because of developer laziness, not because it was a good idea.

Not at all. Delusional thoughts. Likewise, they should have added a "Get free Vader shards and crustals". Nope. That was a bug. And the other bug was the retreat function.

If they have left the bugged retreat, no big deal too. Although Innever liked undoing taunts and all that "strategy" much.

• Pretty sure GW got easier for the majority. The lowest level I faced were 52-53 in my 1st fight, for at least 1 week+ straight(cant remember before then), today it was level 47 teams for the first 3 fights.
  • Can't say I noticed it running any slower...but I just put it on auto and do something else for a couple minutes while it runs.
  • Ive just beat GW with toons dying in the final battle. The 'new' function of retreat gives you the opportunity to make try out different ways to engage the battle. Just adjust your strategy and you will do fine..
  • > Self proclaimed saints

LOL
  • Daishi wrote: »
    I like the new system because it makes it much easier to try out various builds against some common arena teams. Been wanting to try HK leader? Give it a try and reset if you get worked over. Got a Leia and ST han opponent? You get to try multiple combos to see what will work best. Now you've got a better idea about how to fight them in arena.

+23

• Chico wrote: »
    >"was that round perfect? Could it have gone any better or could i have saved some cooldowns?"
    Deeznuttz wrote: »
    This Would not be an issue if matchmaking was fair. Retreat was the only way to win against guys 10 lvls higher or with significantly more power.

Never force closed previously and now its my only option....not fun and it feels like ****

I don't understand. Now it's harder or easier? I can believe "cheaters" where using forcing themselves to such pain. Sigh. I can understand thise that miss it for then fun.
  • 5th fight is all level 60s. Nvm doesnt seem like that big of a change.