Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• 1. Change "RETREAT" one the menu to "RETRY" or "RESET" or "ACT LIKE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN".

2. Post a video of damage done at level 60 (well, 70 now) 7*, fully geared characters so level 52 accounts stop saying "OMGWTF THEY HIT SO HARD ITS A CHEEEEAAAAAAATTTTT".

Seriously though. I'm a P2W player, and I didn't know about (and therefore use) the force close exploit til I saw these patch notes. If this seems unbelievable, it's because I never looked at strategies or guides for GW.

AND I **** LOVED THAT GAME MODE.

Retreat made it interesting, and made it an actual "war" with casualties, long term planning, and "exploits" that made sense. In real life, if you're fighting a team that is stronger, you will try to wear them down if you can. Or kill the leader, and come back when the rest of them don't have that leaders guidance. Etc.

/beginrage

And you exploiting, whiny little children ruined it because you made force-closing enough of a "thing" that devs HAD to make this change.

Because I'm willing to bet that having the game take a "snapshot" after every player/AI action is either beyond the capabilities of the coding on the game right now, or would use up too much memory and slow or crash the game.

THAT'S WHY THEY CHANGED IT. Think about it. Which type of retreat was taken out? The original, because they couldn't remove the force close exploit. So they made they playing field as even as they could.

I can still win GW every time, though i have Phasma and Lumi at 7*, and 7k worth of crystal for that mode and don't need to besides the purple ability mat. But I don't enjoy it anymore.

I hate all of you whining little ****.

And I hope none of you win anymore, maybe it will teach you to not use exploits and ruin things for everyone else.

/endrage
  • Beermoose_606
    84 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    What i think they should have done is kept the retreat but not allow it to remove debuffs, taunts etc. Also anyone negative effects stay on your character and if you swap them out then they lose health even while not being used and eventually die and only way to remove is to bring them back in an clear.

That would have been better imo but probably a lot harder to do.

Oh and ideally get rid of the force close issue.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    If you don't have a minimum roster of seven-eight max level toons with decent gear, then you shouldn't be able to finish GW.

I just can't wrap my head around people's complaints. Some say that now the challenge and strategy is gone. Others say that it's now impossible to beat. Some say both at the same time, even though these are two starkly opposite statements.

Besides, if you want to get rid of enemy skills, you can just attack with a mediocre toon, lose the battle and have the AI put all the enemy skills on cooldown. This trick still works. There are other strategic tricks you can still use to your advantage as well.

GW is about having a deep roster and playing smart. As time progresses, more people get deeper rosters, which means the challenge becomes easier and easier. That's yet another good reason to fix the broken Retreat function that basically reduced all fights to exchanges of standard attacks and timing heals.
  • +12 xD
  • TLDR: it's far from impossible and even farther from fun. With tweaks and adjustments it could be a fun game mode again.

First off, props to the dev team for trying. It's not easy to even try new things and especially issues as volatile as they have been lately.

Now, to review the new GW:

1. It isn't nearly as "fun" a lot of the strategy is gone and it's mostly a trial of patience now with trying things and resetting it until they work. What was already a decently fun "grind" is now just boring.
    2. It can still be "cheesed". You can put in your low level heroes and soak up the damage in the first round and get some **** in of your own. Once the fodder dies you just send your main team back in and work as usual.
    3. It widens the gap between free and paying players. I used 9 heroes tonight all max gear and 6+ stars. I went with two teams and shared heals. (Plus fodder) not all players have access to even 9 max heroes (free that is)
    4. It further homogenizes the squad selection. Players will focus on the players that benefit the most from the way GW runs now. This erodes the game over time.

I didn't notice any change in difficulty as I still hit 6/7* teams in the last half with mixed purple teams in the first half. Mostly still the same teams with more Daka thrown in for control and oddly enough a tough droid team that was kinda fun to fight.

Long-term, this could be a good change if all players get access to all heroes (with paying players being offered a time advantage. Once benches get deep enough, this game mode will become trivial to even the most casual free players out there.

Since we have increased the work required (work, not difficulty) rewards should be increased. Not in shards but maybe some purple ability mats :) and more credits as we are burning them much faster.
  • +1
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Hey look, THIS thread again! :)
  • Eaywen wrote: »
    I have 3 7 star characters Assajj, phasma and ahsoka. I have completed guild wars 3 times under the new system and have done so in record time.

I did not even use phasma.

>>guild wars

>>3 times

wut
  • Happened twice, it's like it sets a flag when your toon dies that isn't reset once revived, even if the revived toon survives to the end of the encounter.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    If you get bad crits early on, just retreat, send in a single lv12 toon to absorb a few abilities and put them on cooldown, then move in with your main.
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    So again I read such nonsense from people. GW isn't tactical anymore blabla, less fun blabla.
    Again with the honorable mention that it is despised to use FC..
    BUT retreating in a battle after the enemy blew all his specials and Dot's on you, is considered fair and "honorable"? Right... The retreat option was broken obviously or did you really enjoy a basic attack vs basic attack only?

If you could dodge all debuffs by retreating, might as well make it simpler.It makes 0 sense and proves you people are just whining to whine.
    It's just as easy as it was, only thing you can't cheat out of is the dots/cd's on specials. Self proclaimed saints that used this bad designed retreat and now whine cause it has been fixed. Good job on making a fool of yourself.

Clearly you don't understand the difference between retreating from a position after one of your team gets shot in the leg, and then coming in when they aren't expecting it, vs. rewinding time "Edge of Tomorrow" style and knowing where the bullets will hit.
  • Nope

Old GW was like a chores.

1. You retreat when the other side squirt their load of dots onto you.
    2. You retreat when enemy tank moan at you with their taunt.
    3. Now repeat 1 and 2 for the next battle.
    4. Someone continue with force close
  • Have you ever been to a basketball game when the losing team just walks off and get to have a replay the next night.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    Hey look, THIS thread again! :)

All the rage in the other threads seems like it's directed at devs.

9/10 times, it's the devs fault.

It's still mostly the devs fault this time around, but there's plenty of blame for the player base too.

• RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Heroes like old Ben just increased in value and this will hurt the f2p the most. If you already have a full 30 hero bench with max stats, no big deal but GW was hard enough for many players.

I have 17 really good lvl 60 toons. I've only not completed gw once, a long time ago. Today gw wasn't any harder, it was just lame. I used to have a lot of fun letting toons get low on health, swapping them out to heal, rotatingbackin, using lesser equipped guys, etc. I got to manage healer turn meters, not put in high dmg dealers to get one more turn out before the end of the round.

Now it's just boring game of all or nothing. I'm not even spending my gw tokens so I don't care about the rewards or weather it is too hard (because I still complete easily). The old way was just more fun.
    --Nud Stark--
  • The developers released an ingenious fix that address the retreat/fc abuse. Lets move on and enjoy the game that way it was meant to be played.

This is coming from a level 50 F2P ( 0 penny spend) that completed GW.
  • Aluxendr wrote: »
    1. Change "RETREAT" one the menu to "RETRY" or "RESET" or "ACT LIKE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN".

2. Post a video of damage done at level 60 (well, 70 now) 7*, fully geared characters so level 52 accounts stop saying "OMGWTF THEY HIT SO HARD ITS A CHEEEEAAAAAAATTTTT".

Seriously though. I'm a P2W player, and I didn't know about (and therefore use) the force close exploit til I saw these patch notes. If this seems unbelievable, it's because I never looked at strategies or guides for GW.

AND I **** LOVED THAT GAME MODE.

Retreat made it interesting, and made it an actual "war" with casualties, long term planning, and "exploits" that made sense. In real life, if you're fighting a team that is stronger, you will try to wear them down if you can. Or kill the leader, and come back when the rest of them don't have that leaders guidance. Etc.

/beginrage

And you exploiting, whiny little children ruined it because you made force-closing enough of a "thing" that devs HAD to make this change.

Because I'm willing to bet that having the game take a "snapshot" after every player/AI action is either beyond the capabilities of the coding on the game right now, or would use up too much memory and slow or crash the game.

THAT'S WHY THEY CHANGED IT. Think about it. Which type of retreat was taken out? The original, because they couldn't remove the force close exploit. So they made they playing field as even as they could.

I can still win GW every time, though i have Phasma and Lumi at 7*, and 7k worth of crystal for that mode and don't need to besides the purple ability mat. But I don't enjoy it anymore.

I hate all of you whining little ****.

And I hope none of you win anymore, maybe it will teach you to not use exploits and ruin things for everyone else.

/endrage

What a whiner
  • Jsnazz wrote: »
    Nope

Old GW was like a chores.

1. You retreat when the other side squirt their load of dots onto you.
    2. You retreat when enemy tank moan at you with their taunt.
    3. Now repeat 1 and 2 for the next battle.
    4. Someone continue with force close

New GW is just as much of a chore, but you have to replay 3 times so you can end with good results.

Laughed irl at the wording though
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I don't put any blame on anybody. I love this new change. And I love how the people who started the silly discussion about force closing now have to live with the inevitable consequences of their actions. I'm having a blast right now.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @Jsnazz +1
  • TheVinegru wrote: »
    I faced a Phasma, Poe, FOTP, Poggle, and Kylo team in the second to he last battle. It wasn't a good time but I completed it.

I think you may have faced my team. Glad you had fun.
  • Jsnazz wrote: »
    The developers released an ingenious fix that address the retreat/fc abuse. Lets move on and enjoy the game that way it was meant to be played.

This is coming from a level 50 F2P ( 0 penny spend) that completed GW.

Move on might be the only thing I do.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Just beat it, only lost two heroes.

It isn't game breaking, but you can no longer use it as an experimental ground to test synergies like you could before.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    @cosmicturtle333 why is that? I thought it would be much easier to experiment now that you can freely reset a battle and go at it again, an infinite number of times?
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nonemo wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 why is that? I thought it would be much easier to experiment now that you can freely reset a battle and go at it again, an infinite number of times?

You already could do that. It's basically the force close.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Finished it with my cookiecutter account. Having trouble with my second one, because I didnt choose the lumi sid path with this account. Looks like lumi is the only way to go now.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Vomiting wrote: »
    Have you ever been to a basketball game when the losing team just walks off and get to have a replay the next night.

Have you ever played a video game with a save/load feature? :)
  • > Oh and ideally get rid of the force close issue

Why? the abomination that was the retreat was more akin to cheating than anything else. It was broken, and only now you ask them to tonfix it with getting your chars dead in the background. Sorry.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Yeah. But without the tedious waiting time for restarting the app. Should make it easier to experiment. That's my perception of it at least. I've only completed one GW so far.