F2P 8x Chromium Pull worth it?

Prev1
Is it worth it to do a 8x chromium pull right now? I was waiting for them to release new toons but looks like thats not happening.Got 3.2K crystals and wondering if i should go for it.

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    Depends how extensive your roster is.. the more characters you have, the less rewarding its going to feel because you have most of it.. But if you only have a handful of characters unlocked.. i.e. less than 12 then go for it..
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • What's your level? Put everything in energy refreshes. Apart from your daily 2 x 50 shard refreshes and 1 x 100 shard cantina refresh. Go to the next step 100 shard refreshes = 300 shards extra, then 200 shard refreshes for energy & cantina = 800 shards, makes 1100 shards more/day.

Next day again till the 200 energy refreshes. your 3.2k shards should last at least 2-3 days this way.

Don't buy those chromiums. you'll regret it.
  • 3.2k crystals and f2p?!? Good effort
  • Really depends the risk you are willing to take. You can get lucky and pull a great character...or end up with a bunch of shards and possibly a 1* or 2* character...or no characters. Nothing is guaranteed, and you can get shards or character (mostly shards) or any character - 1*-4*, so it is truly a gamble. That being said, I've done it a few times. I've only pulled 1 or 2 characters that I specifically wanted, but haven't had a terrible draw either.

I guess you just have to ask yourself - am I okay with spending these crystals, knowing there's a chance I could end only up with a bunch of shards for random characters?
  • Ulysses wrote: »
    3.2k crystals and f2p?!? Good effort

Actually it is bad effort. It would be more wise to spend it as early as you can for energy -> XP. So you level up faster, climb higher in Arena Rankings, unlock Cantina, GW faster, etc. Saving shards is like putting money under your pillow without investing it in high rewarding no risk investments. He could have been maybe 10 Levels higher and gaining all the shards already back through Arena Rewards or GW Rewards by unlocking it days earlier.
  • Ulysses wrote: »

Been sniping that rank 1 for 3 weeks now :wink:

I guess ill go for it since i'm getting 400 crystals to do energy refreshes daily anyway.I'll be disappointing if they release new character in the coming weeks though :neutral:
  • rilokiley1 wrote: »
    Ulysses wrote: »

Actually it is bad effort. It would be more wise to spend it as early as you can for energy -> XP. So you level up faster, climb higher in Arena Rankings, unlock Cantina, GW faster, etc. Saving shards is like putting money under your pillow without investing it in high rewarding no risk investments. He could have been maybe 10 Levels higher and gaining all the shards already back through Arena Rewards or GW Rewards by unlocking it days earlier.

I am lvl 60 and got all the heros i wanted to farm so made no sense to burn crystals :neutral:
  • I went for it and got these :

Screenshot_20160115-135933.png
  • rilokiley1
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Shanks wrote: »

I am lvl 60 and got all the heros i wanted to farm so made no sense to burn crystals :neutral:

So here is the question you need to ask yourself. Do you want to play this game casually or competitive? Are you willing to continue buying chromiums?

One-time buying chromiums won't take you anywhere even if you pull the best 4* character. As you are level 60 you already know, only 6* or higher are competitive, yes sometimes lower stars also work out. So are you going to continue buying chromiums? Do you have a regular shard income from arena/real money?

Do you want to play it as competitive as possible for the amount of money you willing to spend or you just don't care and play it casually?

Then you might have an answer buying yes or no.

So here is the question you need to ask yourself. Do you want to play this game casually or competitive? Are you willing to continue buying chromiums?

One-time buying chromiums won't take you anywhere even if you pull the best 4* character. As you are level 60 you already know, only 6* or higher are competitive, yes sometimes lower stars also work out. So are you going to continue buying chromiums? Do you have a regular shard income from arena/real money?

Do you want to play it as competitive as possible for the amount of money you willing to spend or you just don't care and play it casually?

Then you might have an answer buying yes or no.

I do have a regular shard income from arena. 400+ crystals daily . :smile:
  • Shanks wrote: »
    I went for it and got these :

So are you pleased with that $20 pull? I think it's a must to give ewok in the full character part.
  • ewok elder should be good for reviving dead heros in GW and Lando AOE is good so im happy i guess.If only i got quigon char insted of shards it would have been great
  • that didnt seem worth it tbh.
  • next pack in two more weeks :*
  • I think it was worth it overall, but that's because I generally do the same - spend my arena crystals on packs. I know that many say it's not the best way to spend them, but I figure if I keep building up shards - and pull some decent characters on the way - I might just be able to level up someone good to 6* or higher eventually. Plus maybe I'll get lucky and it will cut down on my farming time for Daka & Poggle by pulling them as full characters, saving me 80 shards which is quite a few days of GW tokens...and even more days of Cantina tokens.
    Been sniping that rank 1 for 3 weeks now
    No way ! You're a F2p and you got to rank 1?

I'm interested to know the stars on your main party.

• Sure he's f2p and rank 1 and this was his first ever pack. Pull the other one.
  • Shanks
    131 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ok i'm not entirely f2p i bought the dooku pack.That's the only investment i made.Here are my toons for those interested

Screenshot_20160115-184317.png

Screenshot_20160115-184352.png

Screenshot_20160115-184410.png

Kylo and Phasma are 4 days away from 7 star.I did waste crystals on a few 1x chromium pulls(3 or 4) early on and decided it wasnt worth it.

Edit: I dont hold rank 1 whole day.Sometimes i go as far as 30's but i get back to 1 by rewards time.I guess there arent ppl in the same timezone as me.
  • Jsnazz wrote: »
    Been sniping that rank 1 for 3 weeks now
    No way ! You're a F2p and you got to rank 1?

I'm interested to know the stars on your main party.

I've spent $10 on this game (crystal subscriptions) and been able to snipe #1 2 times this week. It all depends on luck when you first join. If you get put into a server/shard with several high $$ P2P players then you're pooched. I luckily did not get too many of those in my shard and if there are any they're not competing for 1 at the same time as me.

• Good for you :smile:
    What's your level? Put everything in energy refreshes. Apart from your daily 2 x 50 shard refreshes and 1 x 100 shard cantina refresh. Go to the next step 100 shard refreshes = 300 shards extra, then 200 shard refreshes for energy & cantina = 800 shards, makes 1100 shards more/day.

Next day again till the 200 energy refreshes. your 3.2k shards should last at least 2-3 days this way.

Don't buy those chromiums. you'll regret it.

I never open packs with crystal but i said wth today cause all my refills are 200+ and i had 383 left...got a lando :-)

• CharLieTao
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ok i'm not entirely f2p i bought the dooku pack.That's the only investment i made.Here are my toons for those interested

Screenshot_20160115-184317.png

Screenshot_20160115-184352.png

Screenshot_20160115-184410.png

Kylo and Phasma are 4 days away from 7 star.I did waste crystals on a few 1x chromium pulls(3 or 4) early on and decided it wasnt worth it.

Edit: I dont hold rank 1 whole day.Sometimes i go as far as 30's but i get back to 1 by rewards time.I guess there arent ppl in the same timezone as me.

You're NOT a F2P who only spent on Dooku. Stop it.
  • CharLieTao wrote: »

I started playing on Nov 29th and only bought the dooku pack and played almost every day since :neutral:. Why is that so hard to believe?

• Artas
    223 posts Member
    CharLieTao wrote: »

I started playing on Nov 29th and only bought the dooku pack and played almost every day since :neutral:. Why is that so hard to believe?

How it comes??? I don't believe you...
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    F2P, P2P,..Why does it matter?

Let him be happy he got #1. There is no delineation or rewards for one way or the other.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ulysses wrote: »

F2P here and I got 2.5k a few days ago...so its possible if you get #1 every day or most of the time...

ps: edited my post after seeing his toons...lol...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

It certainly doesn't look like he has opened a lot of chromium packs. Mostly farmable chars plus a few junk chars at low star level from bronzium.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Once you buy / spend any amounts in the game, you can not be considered F2P anymore...you could say P2P little spender or P2P with only Bought dooku pack or etc...

Its like when a girl having sex for the first time....Once you done it, she is not a virgin anymore no matter what excuses she try to give...

Judging from your toons...you are not F2P...trust me..I am F2P with daily #1 (check my thread if you think im a liar) and its not possible...50 rey shards lol...

• Once you buy / spend any amounts in the game, you can not be considered F2P anymore...you could say P2P little spender or P2P with only Bought dooku pack or etc...

Its like when a girl having sex for the first time....Once you done it, she is not a virgin anymore no matter what excuses she try to give...

Judging from your toons...you are not F2P...trust me..I am F2P with daily #1 (check my thread if you think im a liar) and its not possible...50 rey shards lol...

Just cause you couldn't do it doesn't mean its not possible. :p

Once you buy / spend any amounts in the game, you can not be considered F2P anymore...you could say P2P little spender or P2P with only Bought dooku pack or etc...

Just cause you couldn't do it doesn't mean its not possible. :p

Unless you don't use that 500 gems for cantina 1x refill and 2-3x refill for energy then its possible but its a big no seeing your troops lol..