Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Options
    I think GW is more fun and fine for people who are level 60's, but then I look at GW at a lower level's perspective and I feel their pain. No retreat against teams 10 levels higher?
  • Options
    This change is terrible. It feels like EA listens to those who are either free to play or spend thousands. I assume the majority of people are like me and my friends who have spent around $50 on this game so far. I'd probably spend more too in the near future but not if GW impossible.
  • Options
    Funnier, yes
    New players got smashed as they will never get 7*lumi.
    I completed GW 10 times as I started 3 weeks ago.
    Old players got much more benefit from old GW.
    Im ok with that, its only a game, but they made a big gap between new and old players
  • Options
    IMHO what needs to be done.

Apologise for making such a big change without notice.
    Revert it back to old system and even penalise force close (it's a cheat, you lose a character you shouldn't get a do over)
    Compensate all players for mistake(both the implementation and not telling anyone)
    -15 Vader shards, several training droids should do the trick
  • Options
    Sorry OP mate but I was already looking at the opponent´s squad beforehand, planning my strategy and not using the auto-play feature. That was the whole point of GW in the first place, plus being able to sub-in some toons to heal or just recharge cool-downs. Maybe as you were simming through it you never realized how useful that was to prepare for the next battle.

If you hit a wall like a fully geared lvl 60 team with toons like Dooku, Leia, Lando, FOTP and QGJ and you lost 2 toons in the first turn, AT LEAST you could bring 2 new toons from your bench back to the battle, but now the opponent heals up and resets cool-downs, so now they´re gonna smash you again... If GW was already challenging for players in the 50s like myself now it´s gonna be even more. But I accept the challenge, just not gonna say that the mode is more FUN now, the patch does nothing but widening the gap between high and low level players, not allowing the latter to get the great rewards that GW offers.
  • Options
    I'm cleaning my draft box ignore this post.
  • Options
    Retreating before wasn't cheesy. It was realistic since in real life battles, you can retreat/regroup and then go back into it.

Using the brain dead logic of this new decision, in a real life battle if a side retreated then everyone who died would come back to life and things would start from scratch.

I do agree that negative/positive effects shouldn't have disappeared when retreating before but you know what? That seems like it'd have been easy to fix instead of changing it the way it is now.

• MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    IMHO what needs to be done.

Apologise for making such a big change without notice.
    Revert it back to old system and even penalise force close (it's a cheat, you lose a character you shouldn't get a do over)
    Compensate all players for mistake(both the implementation and not telling anyone)
    -15 Vader shards, several training droids should do the trick

It's not cheating. @CG_AaronNemoyten said that turning retreat into force close was CG's way of telling us that they just see it as part of the game, much like the previous implementation of retreat that was also not cheating.

Try reading the thread you're posting in.

Also, catering to the **** that thought it was cheating is why it was made into what we have now, so good job!
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I only have two 7* toons, Sid and Lumi and I found that for the last three battles, (after facing level 60 purple gear 6/7* teams since the 3rd or 4th battle and a 61 for the last), I had to feed in cannon fodder to soak up the burst of special damage.(Sorry Ewoks)

No matter how many times I ran it, all permutations of ability, team composition and different target sequence, just couldn't survive the initial onslaught unscathed enough to clear the round without throwing some meatbags in the way to get killed first.

Hardest fight was 10th, a Sid lead Han/Ahsoka/Res Pilot /Talia. Even with the sacrificial lambs first, I had to run it about 10 times before I hit on the right combo to avoid losing the more crucial toons since they didn't all blow their wad on the first turn. Either my Ventress special wouldn't remove the taunt in time to stop the crits piling up or the turn meter got me and they dog piled my Lumi then burst down Sid . Tried Mace to counter Han but his turn came too late to make a difference and I couldn't stay ahead of the Talia and Ahsoka heals. Finally it came down to lucky RNG and when they laid off my Lumi for an extra turn to get a desperate heal in. Still couldn't get out without losing my weakly geared 4* Poe.

By the start of final battle against a full gear level 61, 7* Phasma /Leia/Ahsoka, and 6* Rey /Lumi apart from Poe and the sausage meat I sacrificed, I had Dooku and Daka too low to put in and I had lost my weakened Ventress and Kylo in the 11th. Phasma was about half HP and all healers were on cooldowns. Went in with 7*Sid, 5* 88, and 4* Vader, Oppress and HK (only Sid and HK were 60, 88 was 56 the rest low 50's ), and let it ride, losing Vader and 88 in the process but got it done so no need to reset.

Grueling is the word. It's going to be a really tough slog until I get more toons leveled/starred up and fully gear all my mid-level guys. I fully expect to see even more higher level teams daily as the big money P2P guys vault ahead in XP on energy refills and level up fast.

Definitely need to beef up my taunters, I had abandoned the tactic of using them around level 40-45 so let them atrophy. Going to be hard balancing mat, gear, credit and training droid allocation going forward to be most effective in Arena and still finish GW daily.

Still don't like the flavour of the changes to GW.
    Post edited by Jabberwocky on
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Time for you guys to think of other strategy, its harder this way but not impossible. And who says the GW table HAD TO be finished everyday ? now its way harder and its for the better.
  • Options
    I obviously haven't read the whole forum, but what I did read showed an anger against force close. Now these guys are happy that force close is not an exploit but a feature. It suddenly adds more strategic depth! :confounded:!

Go figure.

BTW, I finished my rant against the new change yesterday. I'll either adjust or quit. I just hope that EA doesn't think that ppl are happy about the change because the ranting comes down because of chaps like me that don't like whining.

Until I start hitting lvl 70 guys in GW to my lvl 60s, I'm sticking around.
  • Options
    A "grown up" in the title is condescending to others who's only fault is they don't agree with you. Something I would call very immature.

You may continue forcing your world view under the pretense that you and your fellowship are the only "grown-ups" here. Don't mind me, carry on.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The new style is stupid.

Imagine a real life battle where a side retreats/regroups and everyone who died comes back to life and things start over again. ****.

There is no doubt that you shouldn't have had effects just disappear before when retreating nor should the turn meter restart from scratch but couldn't that stuff have been fixed without resorting to this new solution of restarting the battle? My goodness.

Oh and the way it is now, you could do a battle and watch it not go how you want and then retreat and start from scratch and could throw in different characters from the start if the team you originally picked doesn't go like you wanted to.

It's basically the force close now built into the game. How can people prefer that?

Congrats to the devs for somewhat ruining the best mode of the app and making there be even less reason to spend time in this app.

• Options
    I agree OP, I really enjoyed todays GW, I actually like the change :)
  • Options
    A "grown up" in the title is condescending to others who's only fault is they don't agree with you. Something I would call very immature.

You may continue forcing your world view under the pretense that you and your fellowship are the only "grown-ups" here. Don't mind me, carry on.

That's what i thought, this title doesn't depict you any different,LOL

• shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Grown up...so if one finds the new design stupid they aren't a grown up? That's rich. I guess I am just a 37 year old child!

The retreat option made sense since in a real life battle, you could retreat or regroup and dead people come back to life. Sure, having effects drop and the turn meter restarted was a bug but that couldn't have been fixed on its own?

If anything, the new style is more "cheese" since you could play out a battle, see your characters are getting beat and then retreat and restart with different characters. It's like the force close built into the game.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    @YourNameHere004 change the order of your characters or use different abilities in different orders

heres a vid:

https://youtu.be/HG9pRiMkJP8

Wow, I have done the GW at least 28 times and never saw that much of a lead in opponents. When I was 40-45, my toughest opponent was 50. I never saw a 60 until I was 56-57 range.
    What is your arena ranking? Has anyone ever figured out how the game determines who you face in GW?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    It's well established that gaming apps derive 50% of their revenue from the top 1% of players.

I lol'd. Top 1%? Try just 1%. I can promise you there are plenty of people who CAN afford to spend whale amounts of cash on this game but choose not to because they have common sense. Some people simply have better resistance to impulse buys and recognize this for what it is....a mobile game.

That being said, other games have figured out successful models that don't gouge the player base for basic things like toons. They gouge the whales on vanity and cosmetic items. It's well proven in the gaming industry that big spenders will drop boat loads of money just to have a unique color of armor/weapon/hair/etc.

Mobile games often go the route this one has because the shelf life of these games is shorter and this is the quickest way to capitalize on human psychology during that shelf life.
  • Options

- Only an immature person would scream "I am a grown up!" because his/her words and actions do not convey maturity
    - Even more hilarious is someone applauding that word only because this "grown up" is in agreement with his view. A true grown up should be able to appreciate different opinions and not force his view onto others. What a sad comedy show
    - I struggle to see how the official implementation of force close into GW makes the game more "fun." I guess some people call this more "fun" because a) they don't need to restart the game whenever they lose an hero or b) they love load-reload-reload more-reload as you are not there yet-reload till the game gives you the optimal output
  • Alpheratz10
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am a level 60 f2p player. I think that GW should have been renewed, because forced closing was an unaccettable exploit imho, but retreating was a feature which added (accidentally) a lot of strategy. Though it was clear that GW wasn't intended to work like that, so I could have agreed to the update if there were:

- buff restoration between battles (imho mandatory for the same reason you deleted the retreat)
    - improved algorithm for enemy finding
    I have a 6*, and two 5* chars and just 4 purple gears (one of them is level 59), and today I faced an opponent with all 59-60 chars at the 7th battle...
    I'm not demanding to win every GW, but at least that every player has the same chances to finish it (random cosidered)
    Post edited by Alpheratz10 on
  • Options
    So are the defenders of the new GW style also people who were against the force close ability?

I ask this because the new retreat style works basically the same way. Lost a character? Just retreat and restart.

Picked a poor team for the one you're facing? Retreat, change it up and restart.

How anyone can actually say this new style is better is beyond me but then again, I don't know how people spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on this app so clearly I have no understanding of the user base.
  • Options
    I don't care what anyone does
    Just enjoy the game
    I still win GW apparently so i won't be complaining
    You're not supposed to win it ALL the time you know
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Darivon wrote: »
    ... With 2-3 FCs if needed against QGJ/Leia/Tie. ...

The only part of the post that matters. You were using force-closes before, so if you didn't feel there was adequate strategy or challenge in the old GW, that is the reason why.
    The entire point of the old retreat system was to use your whole squad to deal with difficult teams like those, not cheat by force-closing. You bypassed the mechanism you are now criticizing. (Of course it's not cheating any more, since they now lamely made it part of the game.)
    I did the new GW last night. I didn't have to think about anything. Just put in my standard GW starting 5, retreat if I got bad luck with RNG, and cleared the whole thing. Easy and dull. No using my whole team, no risk or danger.
    GW is now impossible for newer players and a joke for experienced ones. And boring as hell either way.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Your title does you a disservice. I'll leave it at that.
    padayaz wrote: »
    1) New GW actually requires you to look at the opponent's squad prior to entering the battle. Prior to the update, I just went in, pressed Auto and paused to retreat when needed, in all but the last battle, which I played manually. Now, realizing I had to consider the opponent before forming my squad, things got much more interesting, as I need to -
    I always analyzed the opponent's squad, and frequently changed who I started with. Now? Use the same 5 each time, because the strategy is always the same: stun and ability block as much as possible, and heal damage. That's all GW is now.
    2) Form a squad that will not only beat the opponent, but win 5-0 and do it quickly and efficiently.
    Barriss, Lumi, Sid, Daka and Dooku. Repeat 12 times.
    By the time I finished GW today, the game wasn't even that difficult due to how much I've learned.
    It wasn't difficult because... wait for it.. it's not difficult. If you have the right characters, then given the ability to retry an infinite number of times when things go bad, there is no challenge.
    With the right team there is literally no risk of any of your characters dying, because if one does, you just start over. No risk = no challenge.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I can understand the intention to make GW incompletable for most ppl. Devs must have wished that it would make ppl turn to spending.
    However, they must have greatly underestimated the cons for it. Widened gap between p2p and f2p, along with loss of player base. Good luck maintaining a game that has dwindling player base.
  • YourNameHere004
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    d3gauss wrote: »
    @YourNameHere004 change the order of your characters or use different abilities in different orders

heres a vid:

https://youtu.be/HG9pRiMkJP8

Wow, I have done the GW at least 28 times and never saw that much of a lead in opponents. When I was 40-45, my toughest opponent was 50. I never saw a 60 until I was 56-57 range.
    What is your arena ranking? Has anyone ever figured out how the game determines who you face in GW?

the enemy lead gap is because my A and B teams are already dead. this was level 9. Im a lvl 60 with 5-7* teams. this video was only to show that enemy Lum didnt regain health after the retreat but all my dead allies (from this battle) were revived at full health. by reading this thread, i was under the impression that enemies also revived all their health as well, but this enemy Lum did not.

Edit: my arena rank is 292.
  • Options
    Just wait until you're facing level 70 squads who have 5 chars who can all one shot your best or two shot your 'tanks'. You'll have to fight be first part of each battle a dozen times until you finally find the right combination of players and attacks to get through that round.

And you won't be able to choose good team comps with good synergies. You have to go for high stun chance and ability block. Because teams with Poe, chewy, FOTP, Leia, ig88 are only good for a battle or two. Not 12 in a row.

And because the GW pulls other teams from GW with comparable power levels you're going to have to continuously fight dual Daka/dooku teams.

Tedious. Not hard. Just tedious. Aside from whales the guys who haven't focused on a favorite arena squad are the guys least affected by this change. But they'll catch up soon enough. And if you didn't buy bariss or like me didn't focus on Daka well good luck. Because they're pretty much required if you want to spend less than an hour playing GW.
  • Options
    Its good and nice but what happens with f2p players? Im 39 but my strong team is like jawa jc talia chewbacca and geo soldier.. i cant have multiple teams.. so I dunno what to do
  • Options
    I hate hate hate the new GW.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP and like the change. I cleared GW this morning and it was more fun than normal looking at who to put in. I actually found it easier as well. I think the outcry against it is a knee-**** reaction and if people would put effort into figuring out how to beat it with the same energy they put into complaining, they would be fine.