Is anybody upset that they just completely ignored our feedback on galactic war?

Replies

• Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Yes totally they just ignored our feedback
    Jay21 wrote: »
    Cause there was a poll about galactic war that seemed to have some pretty good feedback about how difficult and time consuming GW was and how it's not fun anymore cause they apparently don't plan on any changes on the GW after that behind the scenes tweak

They ignored completely the feedback of that poll and moved it to a thread cemetery to be buried.
    Do they actually think that they can just put it aside and we will all forget about it ?

• armyhutchings
    273 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    To address the poll: No, I'm not upset. I expected this no-response. Since I expected it, I'm not upset. (But your poll doesn't provide that answer as an option, so I'm abstaining from your poll).

@NicWester That type of attitude is a dangerous one to take because it'll result in a graveyard game with no one playing. Instead of attacking players for voicing their opinions or dislike of a particular thing (or true complaining in some cases), maybe you should exercise active listening and suggesting ideas. Or, just ignore the people you perceive as "complaining". But actively trying to drive players away is only detrimental to the game.

@Galdin_Wan One thing you need to comprehend is different players complain about different things. The people complaining about the same characters needing to be used all the time aren't necessarily the same ones complaining about the character-restricted events. You're never going to be able to please everybody.

In response to what I've done every event? Not been able to participate. But, I'm ok with that because these events are character specific and provide me with goals and I can set a gameplan on how to eventually be able to participate in these events. For example, since they initially implemented the Yoda event, I've been working towards Jedis and I finally got my 7 star Yoda this week.

In response to your thing about credits. All those ways you mentioned require you to have either a large roster (GW) or a specific roster (events) but does nothing to address the fresh 80 who has neither. So, again, different people are complaining about different things relative to their perspective.

The problem with this game as I see it is the rewards not matching the challenge not matching the implementation. GW rewards are such that they are useful for people leveling and fresh 80s trying to build a roster (best source of daily credits), but the challenge level is set for high end players with large rosters. The mods appear to be intended as a final progression (or concurrent to raid gear), but is accessible starting at level 50. They have this disconnect between their vision of the game and the way they implement it. Rewards need to match the intended audience that'll be completing the content.
  • Yes totally they just ignored our feedback
    Very mad. I had been purposefully holding off on upgrading my Arena team due to the reported GW difficulty. Then they "fixed it". Sadly thinking it was safe to upgrade, I did, and now GW takes way too long because they "tweaked" their fix.

It would be one thing if it the rewards were better or the variety of toons we faced was interesting, but neither is. I really hope MODS add to toon power like eq. If they don't GW is going to get ridiculously hard.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Ahahaha :D 80% out of the options are upset, 10% up and left for greener pastures, and a mere 10% accept the changes thrust upon us by our EA overlords despite how earnestly us peasants grovel in the mud.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    The issue is you had one dev saying that they listened, changed it and retuned it to be less time consuming. They did that, we rejoiced. Then a stealth change to it, weak node 12 team for some, yet another dev says WAI, and now ANOTHER DEV says it's a bug. The Devs can't even be on the same page. One says one thing, another does something different.

They failed on this. We'll see what happens after the update.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    No they know what they are doing and are keeping it fun and challenging
    Can't you see that hardly anything is difficult in this game? You can win 99% of arena matches with a decent squad. Most events are easy. Yoda was hard, and they nerfed it. Challenges are a joke. Table battles might be hard for a bit, but then they're over and you sim them. The hardest raid is doable by 200+ guilds.

GW is challenging and fun. To answer your questions: Yes, I'm FTP. Yes, my arena squad power is around 39k. I beat GW every day. It's harder some days and easier others depending on rng.

If you can't beat it now, go as far as you can and try again tomorrow. That's what I did at first, then I started beating it a few times a week, then more consistently.

If you find it tedious, then don't do it. If you find this game tedious, Maybe this isn't the game for you. The people who take the time complain on these forums are not necessarily the majority. I for one don't want to cakewalk through everything in the game. Not everything needs to be simmable or autoable.

To those who say that rewards need to increase, I think they're working on it.
  • Jay21
    61 posts Member
    @Seknos yes the way things are going I think they believe we are ignorant enough to be distracted by 350 crystals and the double cantina for 2 days
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Originally GW was one of my favorite things about the game, but they have driven it into the ground.

They could make it so much more fun. What if each node was like these events where 1 node was scoundrels, rebels, ewoks, empire, first order, resistance, et .?

Instead they wNt to make it a chore, arena a chore, raid a chore, Ewok event a chore, and the gear grinding a chore. I know what. Let's add something else that is a chore like mods (sarcasm).
  • Zaram
    26 posts Member
    This poll is dumb. Where is 'the community are just whiny people'?
  • Jay21
    61 posts Member
    @Zaram why don't you make a poll and add it?
  • Zaram
    26 posts Member
    Because i dont wanna make another toxic thread.
    Their data may be skewed. The casual player may rarely have completed GW before, during, or after changes. If that is a large percent of people their data won't show the difficulty its created for lots of dedicated players.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Zaram wrote: »

Good golly, did he just call the community whiny? Call up the New York Times, boys, we got something I ain't never heard before!

If you're belittling others as a first resort then I think you have some bigger fish to fry than the difficulty of galactic war.

• Everyone on the forums is still less than 5% of the whole playerbase... they could care less
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    @NicWester That type of attitude is a dangerous one to take because it'll result in a graveyard game with no one playing. Instead of attacking players for voicing their opinions or dislike of a particular thing (or true complaining in some cases), maybe you should exercise active listening and suggesting ideas. Or, just ignore the people you perceive as "complaining". But actively trying to drive players away is only detrimental to the game.
    Yeah, except that there are maybe 100 people posting on the forum, and far, far more than that playing the game. This forum is a toxic circle **** echo chamber of complaining that doesn't necessarily represent the entire playerbase. Just because you come on here and create some lame **** passive aggressive bull **** poll with a leading question and even more leading answers doesn't make you right no matter how many people fall for it.

There's a common criticism of the developers that "Oh, they don't care about us, they just care about the money they're making" and that's totally valid, except the people who say it are then too dumb to make the connection that people are still paying. That's because while you're here bemoaning the fact you can only go 10 for 12 on the latest Galactic War and that the newest event is too hard, too easy, doesn't give enough rewards, won't let you use the same characters you use for every other aspect of the game, caters too much to whales, caters too much to f2pers, caters too much to catering companies and their tureens of beef stroganoff, or whatever other garbage people keep repeating (NERF REY) that drowns out the actual legitimate criticisms of the game with their absurdly high noise ratio, the rest of us are having a good time.
    Stabshimi wrote: »
    Everyone on the forums is still less than 5% of the whole playerbase... they could care less
    Yes. This. Exactly this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gundam_Raizer
    171 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah, except that there are maybe 100 people posting on the forum, and far, far more than that playing the game. This forum is a toxic circle **** echo chamber of complaining that doesn't necessarily represent the entire playerbase. Just because you come on here and create some lame **** passive aggressive bull **** poll with a leading question and even more leading answers doesn't make you right no matter how many people fall for it.

There's a common criticism of the developers that "Oh, they don't care about us, they just care about the money they're making" and that's totally valid, except the people who say it are then too dumb to make the connection that people are still paying. That's because while you're here bemoaning the fact you can only go 10 for 12 on the latest Galactic War and that the newest event is too hard, too easy, doesn't give enough rewards, won't let you use the same characters you use for every other aspect of the game, caters too much to whales, caters too much to f2pers, caters too much to catering companies and their tureens of beef stroganoff, or whatever other garbage people keep repeating (NERF REY) that drowns out the actual legitimate criticisms of the game with their absurdly high noise ratio, the rest of us are having a good time.
    Stabshimi wrote: »
    Everyone on the forums is still less than 5% of the whole playerbase... they could care less
    Yes. This. Exactly this.

You do realize since the guild update most people in one way or another get info about the forums right? And so although not everyone may post on here. We get to know their thoughts cause much of us are their guildmates. And also the player base that matters are the ones that come here. Cause it's only mostly ppl level 1-50 or so who may or may not continue playing who aren't looking at the forums. They don't make up a significant number of people. When people check their mail majority will hit forum now when they need help or even after joining a guild. So get yourself off your **** high horse and think you know anything. It's a % that post yes but a majority that follow these forums.
  • MLGebra wrote: »
    Zaram wrote: »

Good golly, did he just call the community whiny? Call up the New York Times, boys, we got something I ain't never heard before!

If you're belittling others as a first resort then I think you have some bigger fish to fry than the difficulty of galactic war.

He's right though. This is by far the worst forum out of any of the games I play. Literally every single thing they add or change (or don't change in some cases) results in masses of whining threads about how the game has been destroyed, everybody should quit, and so on to the point where its good luck to anybody trying to wade through all the crap to find information they're looking for.
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    Q9eWLU1.png
    Anyone remember that poll ? seemed pretty clear to me !

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/51172/what-do-you-think-about-the-recent-galactic-war-tuning#latest
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I don't care Pokemon go just released bye
    I can still auto battle all but fights #6 and #11 with my rebels and droids so I'm fine for now. It's not nearly a hard as it was before the easy update.
  • Precrafting turns to evasion, evasion turns to galactic war, galactic war turns to suffering!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    My last two or three wars were easier than before. I am finishing with just two teams. Not taking a whole Lotta time, either. Part of that might be improved strategy and knowing what to expect, too. But I only faced 3 5s instead of 5 or 6, so that's something.

Last node team still has way more gear than I got. But doable with a cleanup squad. Meh. Fairly smooth sailing for me.
    Yep only time i've completed it since the update was when it was the guild activity. It's a galactic waste of time. Since then I haven't bothered to do even one battle.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    1st part is funny because it's become my favorite trope on the forums, 2nd part is hilarious. Based on this past couple of weeks alone, by now i naturally pictured a room full of chimpanzees in dress shirts and clerk visors doing all of the work.
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    How many of the people that actually play this game post in this forum?
    They probably spent the last week or so gathering data on the length of advancement, and completion rate of GW, and it must have fallen inside the ranges they were shooting for.

• Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Look the issue is not how many people are completing GW, the stat they can't measure is how much everyone hates their life while playing gw.

You can't build a gamer base when most of your players start to ask themselves why they do this.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Level of difficulty is much better now. I use two teams rebels and phasma meta. This takes care of all the nodes with retreats maybe required on 6 and 9.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    ok, so two guys with anecdotal evidence that GW is fine... works for me.
  • 2000 ignored players posts and counting.
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Lonach wrote: »
    Your poll is biased. They did some changes to make it a little bit more enjoyable but they didn't address our major concerns like a different difficulty level with different level of reward...
    What did they do to make it enjoyable exactly? Take away the easy 12th node and replace it with another meta team? This is the one game I've ever played where the developers do the complete opposite of what 90 percent of the fanbase suggests.

First of all, I said "a little bit" :)

Before the first change to GW I was facing the same squad from node 6 to 12 and it was an old Ben lead with Rey, st Han, QGJ and a last random character... That was not fun fighting the same team over and over again. Let alone the fact that I had to use all my toons to barely finish it... So for me, even if the team I'm facing are stronger there is much more diversity and I'm grateful for that :) And I can finish it more quickly.

BUT I would like much more reward for the time and effort I'm putting in it !
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Completing GW feels like a job, takes so much time again :(
  • Jay21 wrote: »
    @Carth_Onassi1973 true there will always be those that just don't care they do the opposit just to watch the wolrld burn

Agreed, Jay. And we're losing guildies because of it. Sad state of affairs.