GAME UPDATE - 1/14/2016

Replies

• Also.. Is there a possibility for defensive squad arena settings? i.e. a setting for variable heal time; Aoe hit setting for a certain amount of charecters remaining minimum. A hit charecter 1st (where we can chose which charecter to target) ; maybe a special hit selection( where you could possibly target tanks for stun and other options like this. It would make for a much more strategic game. Not that there isnt enough strategy..but i think it would be a nice update to tinker with after ive spent all my energy and completed all my dailies. Also a replay video of defenses would be nice. Awesome game!!
  • JoJoMo_007 wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to farm cantina 5-A Luke Skywalker for whatever the energy cost will be (12+?) when they could just farm him for 8 energy at 1-C? Pretty stupid and a waste to have duplicate cantina shard locations such as this one.

Apparently there's a greater chance of purple ability mats plus it gives you more orange balls for shipments, credits and XP.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Any news on the bug where shards were not being applied after a chromium card purchase? I've been back and forth with customer service for about a week now and they simply say, "Developer's are aware and working on a fix."

Feel like I'm getting scammed here. :-/
  • Any chance of telling us when the new characters will be released? Like even if ita before the end of january? Or months from now?
  • Well I am trying my first hand at the new GW without Retreat and IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks EA for ruining this part of the game.
  • When u raise the difficult of the galactic war battles the Players skill cool down should be Reset After each war or the Chars should be fully healed so it is senseless to face an lvl 60 enemy with skills that have 4 rounds cooldown and Chars they have only 60 -70 % hp
  • Can I please get my money back from both accounts? Galactic War is stupid now, I either can't get through it, or have to spend more money to get new toons and more time to train them. Loved this game up until last night. Now I regret spending anything on it. Fix GW.

@EA_Jesse
  • Maybe its just me but I feel like you guys at E.A. keep changing the characters and it doesn't make sense first barriss and now Chewbacca and probably others as well i understand if you accidentally made a character too strong and you want to tone them down but you make them complete garbage after and I thought the point is to keep people playing?
  • Ok I actually won GW without much problems today using 7 toons in total and losing none, with some "new retreats" facing 8 straight lvl60 purple teams.
    It's not that bad actually, got harder and more frustrating
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    MoonHunt wrote: »
    I love the retreat mechanism adjustment, need more deep thinking and strategy for a long-run. Nice work
    +1. This is actually WAY better than before, since there is a real challenge.
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Now there is simply no way to finish it at max level, except you have 80 max geared 9* chars.
    Stupid reaction... I ve finished it with 12 lv 59 cards (gear 6) and few lv 40 (and none of them are 7 * ...). It's WAY more strategic this way since you cant always "Swap" and "save" your cards.

• lust0008
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Re-installed the app and my issue was fixed.
    Post edited by lust0008 on
  • lust0008 wrote: »
    Help! I haven't received the update. My char. Is showing max at 60 only. Won't let me train higher.

Remember you can't train your characters above your own level. You first need to level yourself which takes some time
  • Galactic war uber nerf.

Wow - trying to do the 3rd battle from the end at level 50 I get: Purp 57 Dooku, 57 Sid, 57 QuiGon, 57 Ahsoka and 55 Lumi.

I am trying all sorts of configs: Heavy tank, Heavy DPS, balanced, 2 healer, etc and there is not one situation out of ten tries where more than 3 of my team are alive before I can press ONE freaking button.

This means I get 200 tokens a day if this continues. really not worth having the function there.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • What if you're in GW but you can't finish the battle because something comes up so you retreat...then it erases everything you've done. I don't like that.
  • Galantic war with retreat gives you an infinite amount of tries to defeat a squad

I spent 10 attempts on a single battle and finally got decent crits and rolls

Completed all 12 today

If going bad just retreat
    Change squad if nessesary
  • I just wanted to voice my opinion on the GW thing. I am a FtP player, my best character is a level 45 Barriss still 4*. I have won several GWs without retreating once. Now I get that it gets harder to win as a FtP player the higher in level you go, but IMO the force-close option is borderline cheating. I have never used that as an escape and I never will. If I lose, I lose. It's a game.

That said, I would like to see these changes made to the GW system:

1) Retreat is still an option; however, retreating from a battle will lower the rewards possible to be gained from that battle. And you can only retreat once per battle.

2) Add in an option to refresh the opponent you are facing. This can only be done before you start fighting - once you engage, you cannot retreat & refresh. Also, cap the number of refreshes you can do in every war. I'd say 5, but that is an arbitrary number. If you restart GW, then that number resets as well.

3) If circumstances occur where your game/device locks up (or your force-close) and you must restart, you should have the option to rejoin the current battle for up to 30 minutes, and after that it is a loss. And when you rejoin - NOTHING has changed. Health, turn meter, etc are all exactly where they were. Basically, the fight was paused.

Again - this is just my opinions and ideas. Feel free to agree or disagree, it makes no difference to me. But it seems that people are very bent out of shape over this, and I say that is too bad. If you chose to spend money on the game and don't like what they did to change things, then I am sorry that you feel like you wasted your money. But change happens, and we don't always like it. Adjust your strategy and the way you spend that money, and suddenly this change will not be as bad as you think.
  • mccif16 wrote: »
    Galantic war with retreat gives you an infinite amount of tries to defeat a squad

Completed all 12 today

This is completely false. GW outcome results for any given battle is predetermined. If you retreat, bring back the same team and fight the battle in the same order, the results are identical. There is no -- I repeat NO-- RNG for any given battle. Check it out for yourself -- don't take my word for it. Start a battle and nearly complete it and then retreat and fight it again, making sure to do things in the same order. The results are identical.

TJ

• Personally I always thought retreating was super lame :/ I much preferred the force close because it encourages you to build your team around the one you facing. Sure you can just repeat it 20+ times but you could do that anyway with force close and then still retreat to clear the annoying abilities so many teams require to be a threat. This way you actually have to beat them and beat them well or waste hours hoping for rng instead of just breezing past every inconvenient team build with 1 button clear.

Anybody still saying force closing is the exploit..well they clearly just endorsed this method over the previous retreat so if anything the previous retreat was not working as intended and the closer to being an exploit.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok, couple of updates.

1) Some of you were asking why we had shards for a character available in multiple spots for the same character in Cantina Battles. For example, Kylo Ren shards are available from Cantina Battle 4C and 6C. The drop rate for the character shard is the same between each of these locations, however you will receive more Cantina Currency, more credits and a higher chance at tier 3 ability materials if you choose the battle in 6C. So, if you are wanting just character shards, then 4C is the better option, but if you are going for the character shards and want a better shot at tier 3 ability materials then 6C might be your cup of tea.

2) Players keep asking me when the next content update will be, or when we'll be releasing new characters. Unfortunately, I can't give an update on this yet, but as soon as I get the green light I'll be making a post announcing what we've got in the works.

@EA_Jesse Are you a politician? Perhaps a astrologer. Without percentages your answer is frankly nonsense. Clearly 4C is better for shards, but how much better is 6C for ability mats? Is it twice the drop rate??? 1.5??? It actually matters because the energy costs aren't identical.

You state that the drop rate for shards is identical (which for the sake of discussion is 33%), I don't know the energy cost for 6C (I'll figure out tomorrow :smile: ) but if it is 12 it would need a 50% increase in Tier 3 Ability mats to make an actual difference. If the cost is 10 it would need to be 125% of the 8 cost drop rate. Sure it might feel better psychologically, but we actually end up hosing ourselves. Your response seems like an answer, but really it is hand-waving as far as I can tell.

Please, please let us know how the game actually works!
  • Remember when new characters were added last... how they removed some of the duplicate cantina shards to add in new character shards...

If everyone would stop complaining and start thinking about those duplicates as temporary placeholders for new characters set to come in later.

As for those complaining about lost exp. It never EVER even crossed my mind that I might be banking exp. It never works that way. When you played fallout 3 and hit max level, did you expect all the experience to be banked so you'd immediately hit that new max when broken steel came out? NO! The level cap is a way to create more reason to keep playing this game. If they made you auto-70 it just means you get bored faster.

Just play the game and have fun
  • The_Jerol wrote: »
    mccif16 wrote: »
    Galantic war with retreat gives you an infinite amount of tries to defeat a squad

Completed all 12 today

This is completely false. GW outcome results for any given battle is predetermined. If you retreat, bring back the same team and fight the battle in the same order, the results are identical. There is no -- I repeat NO-- RNG for any given battle. Check it out for yourself -- don't take my word for it. Start a battle and nearly complete it and then retreat and fight it again, making sure to do things in the same order. The results are identical.

TJ

Probably already mentioned somewhere but I've found that just changing the position of a character will change the ai battle. So you can still have the same team but have different outcome.
  • Hello. I am level 59 on this game and a few minutes ago I have removed this game because after last upgrade you have cut out the possibility to repeat the galaxy world with another team. Good job. Just you know it dear ea. Good bye.
  • What a bunch of crap the new GW is! Was barely able to finish 8 games of 12 rounds with out using retreat. Then found out you can retreat was able to strategize my way to 2 more wins. Haven't won since that was 4 days ago. Before you say your team sucks have maxed count lumi Kyle 6 stars plus others 5 to 6 stars maxed out by giving greedy *** EA 3 to 4 hundred dollars now you screw me again! At least re heal the characters before next round(s) especially when next team is maxed and butt meter recycled. My team comes in at best 60 to 70 percent health and other team goes first I'm wiped out before I even get one move! Fix this crap before you lose me and others to you mismanagement of cheaters
  • Cobratat wrote: »
    What a bunch of crap the new GW is! Was barely able to finish 8 games of 12 rounds with out using retreat. Then found out you can retreat was able to strategize my way to 2 more wins. Haven't won since that was 4 days ago. Before you say your team sucks have maxed count lumi Kyle 6 stars plus others 5 to 6 stars maxed out by giving greedy *** EA 3 to 4 hundred dollars now you screw me again! At least re heal the characters before next round(s) especially when next team is maxed and butt meter recycled. My team comes in at best 60 to 70 percent health and other team goes first I'm wiped out before I even get one move! Fix this crap before you lose me and others to you mismanagement of cheaters

For this reason I have deleted this game from my tablet.

• So now that you've changed the retreat function it is essentially called restart? I thought the whole goal of retreat in GW was if some of your squad died you could bring in some support to finish the battle or else lose everyone? Now you just restart and get the same outcome over again... I think GW is broken now. Used to come close to beating it, now can't even get half way through.
    Also idk if anyone else said this but in GW I keep running into Bariss healing opponents that have the immune to healing status effect. Super annoying especially now that retreat has been removed. Haven't seen it anywhere else
  • RyanP wrote: »
    So now that you've changed the retreat function it is essentially called restart? I thought the whole goal of retreat in GW was if some of your squad died you could bring in some support to finish the battle or else lose everyone? Now you just restart and get the same outcome over again... I think GW is broken now. Used to come close to beating it, now can't even get half way through.
    Also idk if anyone else said this but in GW I keep running into Bariss healing opponents that have the immune to healing status effect. Super annoying especially now that retreat has been removed. Haven't seen it anywhere else

For this reason I have deleted this game from my tablet. Part 2.

• I spend about $10 to $20 a week. Wasted $40ish the first weeks on just utter garbage packs. Now only on refreshes.

My core team is not bad.

Darth: 7*, VIII gear
    Lumi: 6*, VII gear
    Boba: 5*, VIII gear
    JC: 5*, VIII gear
    Count: 4*, VII gear

All 61. But this is my squad. Everyone else is 10 or more levels, let alone gear levels, below these guys.

I've finished probably 10 GWs in a row and today I am out at 8 with this change. I started facing level 60 teams starting at node 4. It's just too much. The damage outweighs the heals the farther you go. If you win with someone below 25% they are now as good as dead. There is no way you will get them past opening round to use a heal.

Is it really considered "strategy" to throw teams out there and hope RNG goes in your favor? If not just Retreat and try again.

There was valid strategy before to retreat and come back with teams of only 1 or 2 people to work cooldowns and get time to heal. To use junk squads to soak up opening abilities. This new format kills small teams. There is simply no space to work anything out. Under the old retreat I could work tougher teams abilities and speed to work out a win, now it's just keep hitting and hope I hit my abilities and they miss theirs.

This change is a 100% boost to P2W period. People with multiple deep 7* teams don't care. They just have to replace squads and will still finish GW everyday. I don't think I will get GW finished under this new format for weeks. Costing me a ton of credits, shards, and shipments loses I am counting on to build my team. I'm going from 3 shipments a day now to 1 or 2. It's a HUGE difference.

Anyone who says this change is no big deal I would love to see a video of you doing the full GW if you are not a P2W player.
  • Is there ever going to be a mission where you can grind out qui-gon jinn because I just got him in a shard pack and I would love to be able to upgrade him without spending copious amounts of money on packs just to get him :/
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

- The functionality of Retreat has been changed so that it behaves the same as force-quitting the app. While we understand that many players relied on Retreating as part of their strategy, ultimately there were two different ways to leave a battle that didn’t behave the same way (Retreating, and force-quitting the app). We decided that in order to keep the experience fair and consistent, we would change the behavior of Retreat to work the same as force-quitting.

I liked this new system. It was much better ;.
  • I have some problem after update, tech support is very hard to get. First, my darth sidious leader skill lost the 10% damage description, it seems lost damage in fight. And second problem is that my Jedi consular' second skill, the healing, cooling time changed from 2 to 3 rounds, this means I need to wait longer time to heal. Please help me to fix this. Thanks.

P.S there are other problems with characters skills, I will find out more and report.

David
This discussion has been closed.