Preparing for next Ewok Assult

Prev1
X0160768
223 posts Member
So I would just like some help in preparing for the next event, the next time it comes around. Currently I have IG86, Vader and RG in a good state, so I just need 2 other toons.

Looking at the options, I have a 3* IG88, a 4* HK and a 3* M.trooper. I don't particularly want to stop farming Leia (currently 3*) with my arena tokens however, as she is going to be a good asset. So that really rules IG88 and HK out of the question. Could I still form a good team with maybe M.trooper (GW tokens) and Stormtrooper (Cantina token) perhaps? Or is it just not going to be possible
and I should stop farming Leia to get my 88 and HK up? Has anyone managed to beat it without 88 and HK?

Replies

• Beege
    74 posts Member
    HK is really the key to that entire event. Otherwise, without a massively upgraded team you will get taken down. I actually stopped my Leia/Ackbar farming to get HK as lead. If you have HK at 4 stars and get his gear to maybe 8 with high abiblites it could work
  • Paxoxo4
    47 posts Member
    If you don't have hk, you are lost!!!
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    So HK is the key then. Does he need to be maxed out though?
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    X0160768 wrote: »
    So HK is the key then. Does he need to be maxed out though?

He needs omega on his leader skill. That is the key.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • gmyagami
    55 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    No! I was able to do all Ewok Event with this comp.
    HK 6* Lvl 70 g8 1 and 2 skill lvl 7, 88 7* Lvl 80 g8 all skills lvl 7, 86 7* Lvl 80 g9 1 and last skill lvl 7 2 omega'd, RG 7* Lvl 80 g10 all skills lvl 7, Vader 5* Lvl 62 g7 none skill Lvl 7.
    You are farming Leia, is it for Rebel/Clone event? I think this event is closer than Ewok to comeback. If you are farming for Rebel, continue farming Leia, if not goes for 88 and HK.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Ok. So maybe something like this might be able to do it?:

4* lvl 50 HK (l) omega'ed leader ability
    7* lvl 77 IG86
    5* lvl 52 Vader
    7* lvl 80 RG
    3* lvl 52 M.trooper
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    I'm farming Leia for Rebel team for Arena and for the Rebel event. Although I already have a good Rebel event team without her.
  • Probably not I ran something similar (all gear VIII) and didn't make it past the 5th wave. I didn't have an Omega on HK leader ability but with three toons at such a low level I don't think it will work.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    l2edLeader wrote: »
    Probably not I ran something similar (all gear VIII) and didn't make it past the 5th wave. I didn't have an Omega on HK leader ability but with three toons at such a low level I don't think it will work.

I don't mind investing a bit of credits in to them, just need to make sure I am investing in the best way.
  • You could not ! Even with my team I had to plan correctly to be able to beat T2!
    If you wanna use empire toons you will need them high level, star and gear. I think droids are most valuable in the game, they do a lot critical and have AoE.
  • If you already have a good Rebel team, than opt for 88 or HK. Leia will not help you a lot in Arena, she is RNG dependent. You can use other DPS like GS or Rey.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Ok. Could I leave HK where he is though (bump him to 76 for omega), and just farm 88?

4* lvl 76 HK (l) omega'ed leader ability
    7* lvl 77 IG86
    5* lvl 52 Vader
    7* lvl 80 RG
    + IG88
  • You can. But you will have really trouble to do it! But you can try and see how it goes and go improving your team as necessary.
  • Won't you need HK47 at Level 80 to omega his leader ability?
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    jonav1975 wrote: »
    Won't you need HK47 at Level 80 to omega his leader ability?

Oh, yer. Whatever he needs to be to be able to do it :)
  • I had:
    IG88 6* level 80 G9 with leader ability omega,
    IG86 7* level 78 G8
    Vader 5* level 72 G9
    RG 6* level 71 G8
    IG 100 4* level 70 G8

and it was a big struggle. Completed tier 1 4 times out of I lost count. Needless to say HK47 is my next arena farm!
  • Beege
    74 posts Member
    X0160768 wrote: »
    Ok. So maybe something like this might be able to do it?:

4* lvl 50 HK (l) omega'ed leader ability
    7* lvl 77 IG86
    5* lvl 52 Vader
    7* lvl 80 RG
    3* lvl 52 M.trooper

I may be wrong but leader abilities don't require Omega's they just max out at Level 7. HK's may be different, I'm not sure
  • Realistically with RG, 86, Vader, and one other strong character you can do it. I had a low level 4* IG 100 and I cleared tier 2(after probably 10 tries) you just have to get lucky.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    moemoney wrote: »
    Realistically with RG, 86, Vader, and one other strong character you can do it. I had a low level 4* IG 100 and I cleared tier 2(after probably 10 tries) you just have to get lucky.

Oh nice, what was your set up?
  • I did it easily with Tarkin, Vader, Magamatrooper, Snowtrooper and RG.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    I did it easily with Tarkin, Vader, Magamatrooper, Snowtrooper and RG.

What were your * levels, gear etc?
  • Optimus11
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Paxoxo4 wrote: »
    If you don't have hk, you are lost!!!

Completely not true
    I beat both tiers with Tarkin Vader rg b2 and 86
    Didn't use hk
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    You don't need omega on HK's leader ability. I didn't have it. You do need a strong 86 though, as well as a decent 88 and backup support.
  • Aachthor
    137 posts Member
    1. 4* HK, Lvl80/G9 (6/7/Omega Lead)
    2. 5* IG88, Lvl73/G9 (6/7/3/7)
    3. 7* IG86, Lvl73/G9 (7/7/7)
    4. 7* RG, Lvl80/G9 (Omega Basic,7/7)
    5. 5* Vader, Lvl65/G8 (6/6/6/3)

That team was working for RankII - at least 1 out of 2 times, or better.

Re-think regarding 88 - only get him to 5 stars, which was enough for me (I already had him there). During the event I did not star anybody, just increased gear of HK/88 to G9 and their levels from 65 to 80/73 - and I spent all ability mats I got over the week to get their attacks better.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Aachthor wrote: »
    1. 4* HK, Lvl80/G9 (6/7/Omega Lead)
    2. 5* IG88, Lvl73/G9 (6/7/3/7)
    3. 7* IG86, Lvl73/G9 (7/7/7)
    4. 7* RG, Lvl80/G9 (Omega Basic,7/7)
    5. 5* Vader, Lvl65/G8 (6/6/6/3)

That team was working for RankII - at least 1 out of 2 times, or better.

Re-think regarding 88 - only get him to 5 stars, which was enough for me (I already had him there). During the event I did not star anybody, just increased gear of HK/88 to G9 and their levels from 65 to 80/73 - and I spent all ability mats I got over the week to get their attacks better.

Nice. Thanks. Looks like I just need to star up 88 a bit and then gear/ability up him and HK. Hopefully that should do it!
  • Kabbes wrote: »
    You don't need omega on HK's leader ability. I didn't have it. You do need a strong 86 though, as well as a decent 88 and backup support.

Totally agree...
    5* HK Gear 8 Lev66 leader6
    7* 86
    5* 88
    4* 100
    5* Vader

I beat it several times on Tier2, no omega's anywhere. You just need high enough level troops to one shot those scouts to have a chance. It came down to some basic strategy but at the end it was just luck with the last EE. If he revives multi scouts with chirpa's speed bonus it's over. If you don't make it to the 8th wave will 5 toon's, it's over. If you can go blow for blow with Chirpa and EE, and keep the scouts from shooting you, you have a chance with the lower level droid team.
    Taters will be as Taters are.
  • If you just plan on T1, then you don't need to invest much on HK or 88. I passed T1 consistantly(but not every time I tried though) with:
    Vader L @5* lv70 G8
    86 @7* lv70 G8
    RG @7* lv80 G8
    Magma @7* lv 70 G7
    88 @4* lv70 G7
  • Paxoxo4
    47 posts Member
    Optimus11 wrote: »

Completely not true
    I beat both tiers with Tarkin Vader rg b2 and 86
    Didn't use hk
    so...congratulations.
  • The event may never come back, or if it does, it may be a while.

I would guess that it is fair to say that the next few events will be different. Odds are good that the next event may require Ewoks and another faction against another faction we receive the rewards for. This will probably continue until it loops as a means to get everyone shards for older characters.

I personally wouldn't advise F2P players to invest too much in to Droids or Empire(last events shard rewards) at this point, unless they appeal to you.

However, droids are good these days with Jawa Engineer, so it doesn't hurt if you do invest in them. They can do well in Arena, are great in GW and do solid damage as a squad against Rancor. Also, for spenders, B2 is absolutely amazing.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Clanomadd
    122 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Completed the event with Vader 80-5*IX, RG 80-7*X, Veers 70-4*VIII, IG86 80-7*VIII, IG88 70-5*VIII

The trick for me was keeping the elders stunned/blocked with RG/Vader; the rest was just tedious whack-a-scout