Guild Advice - Better to be a top earner in a weak guild, or a bottom earner in a strong guild?

Prev1
CCR5757
16 posts Member
I currently am the top weekly/lifetime guild currency earner in my guild, but I am not sure if I should abandon ship for another opportunity. The guild I am currently in participates mostly in Tier 5 (occasional tier 4). The guild is not too active however... finishing two raids a week on active with only 25 - 30 members participating weekly.

I do realize that if I were to move to a more competitive guild that I would most likely not be within the top 30 - 35 spots (maybe not even that good). So am I better off being a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond?

Replies

• Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    small fish
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    Small fish in a big pond. I found this out too late in the game and am quite far behind now in gear. Unless you're particularly attached to the current guild you're in, I would advise finding a more competitive guild.
  • DarkDane
    176 posts Member
    Dude, maby take your active players and merge on a better team is somethig you deserve. I have 2 guild and 20 spot to fill. One team make t5 each 2 day and the other make t7 each 2 day. So , if you want a better chalenge and better reward, you will need to move.
    If you want to deal with us, add me on line
  • DarkDane
    176 posts Member
    Line id dydane
  • CCR5757
    16 posts Member
    Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated!
  • DarkDane
    176 posts Member
    About your post, be make a higher raid give always better reward, whatever your rank
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    T7. I finish tip 5 to top 10 and even the lower levels get fully crafted gear.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I just left my old guild. We were doing T5 raids and I was in the top 3, but the credits and guild coins for finishing 30+ in T7 are only slightly less than what you get finishing 1st, and the gear is way better.

I found a guild that was 15 players shirt and had Several of my other guild mates followed me.

Plus doing heroic raids are just more fun.
  • I was top 3 in an T5/6 league and was lucky enough to find a T7 guild where I am now 8-12. It's well worth it and you may not necessarily be #50.
  • Low place in Heroic >>>> High place in T6.

We've had members placed 40+ that have scored full, unfarmable purple gear in Heroic.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Ur a commodity. Say goodbye to ur guildies. Quit it today. There are 50 guilds out there that will be glad to take u on tier 6 raids.

Wait. A good guild is active and u earn more personal currency each day due to activity tiered rewards. If ur guild is super good in that regard u might wanna stick around.
  • Bigslow
    104 posts Member
    I'm in the same boat. Nice people when they actually talk but I'm not getting useful gear.
  • Anyone else that in a similar situation, I'd be happy to take you. :)

We can handle t6, but are looking for a few more people to make sure we can do t7 without mercs.

My LIne ID: Pixman83
    My ally code: 684-342-171

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/536036#Comment_536036
  • I think this might be only the case for tier 7. I started out in a tier 6 guild ending in bottom 10. I moved to a tier 5 guild and finished top 3 and got better rewards. Now that tier 5 raid does tier 6 exclusively and i finish first so i get even better rewards. Our guild recently finished our first tier 6 raid with 1 refresh. We will attempt a tier 7 raid in a few weeks and i will finish first in those
  • jomamaphat wrote: »
    I think this might be only the case for tier 7. I started out in a tier 6 guild ending in bottom 10. I moved to a tier 5 guild and finished top 3 and got better rewards. Now that tier 5 raid does tier 6 exclusively and i finish first so i get even better rewards. Our guild recently finished our first tier 6 raid with 1 refresh. We will attempt a tier 7 raid in a few weeks and i will finish first in those

If you can do T6 with one refresh, you should be more than capable of completing T7.

Why wait a few weeks?
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    jomamaphat wrote: »
    I think this might be only the case for tier 7. I started out in a tier 6 guild ending in bottom 10. I moved to a tier 5 guild and finished top 3 and got better rewards. Now that tier 5 raid does tier 6 exclusively and i finish first so i get even better rewards. Our guild recently finished our first tier 6 raid with 1 refresh. We will attempt a tier 7 raid in a few weeks and i will finish first in those

If you can do T6 with one refresh, you should be more than capable of completing T7.

Why wait a few weeks?

Many of us have teebo and ee at 6 stars. We need to get them to 7 stars or we cant use them in heroic raids
  • Yeah split man. Good earners aren't the easiest to find and people are quitting this game left and right. Don't waste your play
  • Tier 7.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CCR5757 wrote: »
    I currently am the top weekly/lifetime guild currency earner in my guild, but I am not sure if I should abandon ship for another opportunity. The guild I am currently in participates mostly in Tier 5 (occasional tier 4). The guild is not too active however... finishing two raids a week on active with only 25 - 30 members participating weekly.

I do realize that if I were to move to a more competitive guild that I would most likely not be within the top 30 - 35 spots (maybe not even that good). So am I better off being a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond?

I made the same move. Went from top 3 in a t5,t6 raiding guild to be fighting for 30 ina t7 raiding guild. It's worth it. I haven't looked back. Not to mention you can get really solid advice about toons before you work someone up to 7 stars. I'm not sure where you roster is at, but as long as you can find a Guild and you have 7-10 7* toons you will be happy.
  • go heroics or go home. i switched to last place in a heroics guild and i get 10x the coins and 3x the rewards to be the loser of the group. no question.
  • I'm on a T5 raiding guild almost my entire guild career. We tried T6 once but finished it in about 9-10 days. So we opted to stick with T5 eversince. We could finish T5 now in about 1 refresh if most members would contribute to attack.

I'm the top 1 on the guild in damage dealing. People are nice and all but we're not as actively communicating on the chat as often. I'm the leader now of the guild (the original leader/maker of the guild promoted me to be the leader). Should I leave them or stick with them? I hate to leave them but I do think I need to move on to greener pastures... I hate to do a LeBron or KD to them. :)
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    CCR5757 wrote: »

You too way to long to ask this. This has been known for ever.
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

Why wait a few weeks?

Many of us have teebo and ee at 6 stars. We need to get them to 7 stars or we cant use them in heroic raids

Just be aware that a g8 Teebo doesn't have enough potency to proc TMR on T7 rancor. If you jump to T7, your P1 folks will need ag10 Teebo with scanner.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    My ewoks team is top notch...been soloing tier 5 p1 each time. We just started a tier 6 two days ago. Still halfway through phase 2, I'm triple damage of #2 guy.
  • Bottom feeder in T7 is better than anything else you can get at your level. Personally id pick #50 in T7 over top #5 in T6
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

Why wait a few weeks?

Just be aware that a g8 Teebo doesn't have enough potency to proc TMR on T7 rancor. If you jump to T7, your P1 folks will need ag10 Teebo with scanner.

Thanks for the info. Although a g8 teebo doesnt seem to proc at t6 either. This is exactly why i do want to wait a few weeks
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    i got a full cheiwab syringe coming 38th in t7 fwiw.
  • Bottom feeder in T7 is better than anything else you can get at your level. Personally id pick #50 in T7 over top #5 in T6

Actually there is a big drop off between top 3 and 4th. That being the case can someone confirm what typical raid gear is for 40th place in t7 raids? I finish 1st in my t6 raid and i usually get 25 of unfarmable salvage pieces and 20 purple gear. 460k credits and 1000 guild currency. I also got 2 fully crafted furnaces in about 25 t6 raids. What gear does 40th place for t7 generally get?

• thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    you normally get 8 of one gear and 8 of another at lower levels, plus the credits etc. i often come bottom 20. but have geared up a lot recently, and got something similar at 7th (highest ive ever done). As i mentioned above i got a full syringe at 38th!