Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited January 2016
  • HansOlo
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I stopped playing **** because of the new update. Now i realized i wasted another time and money on a game which got a massive change.

How can i beat a lv 58 full team purple with my lv 51 team and other chars between 20-40?!?!

If they change it they should change the matchmaking too and the overall difficulty.

For me i stop spending money for a while. Already spent about 500.

AND NO SKILL RESET AFTER A MATCH!?!??!?
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Artas wrote: »
    only one strategy remains now...to restart save game as many times as necessary so the fight goes well.

No, one strategy remains... beating 5 units with your 5 units.

They give you an out to help reset the battle incase you run across some insane RNG, but at the end of the day you still have to beat 5 units with your 5 units.

Many people will not require any restarts, or very few. Some (who probably don't have the roster yet, but still want to go as far as they can) will restart multiple times.

Developers never want their 'end game' content to be beaten quickly, especially if it is beaten easily. I imagine their internal statistics will show a drop in those who complete GW now, and will probably fall more in line with what they expect.

• Qeltar wrote: »
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Just because you cannot faceroll GW with your best five right now does not make it less enjoyable unless you're a sort of person that thrives upon easy winnings consider them joy.

You completely miss the point. I CAN faceroll GW with my best five now, because any time a match is going poorly, I can restart with a different RNG seed until I get the stuns and blocks and heals I need. I did that last night. I'm half way through today's the same way. 18 straight matches, same 5 characters.
    GW is not more difficult now. It's easier and more boring. Not a good combo.

So I don't understand how this update is affecting you in a negative way, you could do the exact same thing prior to the update via force-closing (now if you're going to say but I preferred not to force-close, you could also prefer not to retreat as they're essentially the same as of now for all intents and purposes).

If it is making it a challenge for most of the player-base while still preserving its faceroll nature by some teams it needs to be further tuned after everyone gets to 70, provided it still can be facerolled.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You completely miss the point, force-closing wasn't the issue, retreat-cleansing was. And you contradict yourself at every step, how is the game less enjoyable if you're using an ENTIRE different set of characters for a different game-mode, trying to devise a new strategy if you lose a character rather than forcing your way through the GW with your five best.

Just because you cannot faceroll GW with your best five right now does not make it less enjoyable unless you're a sort of person that thrives upon easy winnings consider them joy.

Wow. Straw-man much?

I never 'faceroll' GW. I have failed to complete it ~10% of the time out of the 35-40 times I've played it. I've a FTP player who focused more on arena then GW so it has always been hard but who also never used force close (except to see how it worked on a single GW). I never bought Bariss and focused Poe instead of Daka so healers were hard to come by.

I have no idea who you're arguing with but it's not me. I even said I'd prefer if the retreat function left the buff/debuff on characters. I think that was what the devs original intent was (and that's made even more clear by anti-jedi) and that would be the hardest way to complete GW.

Again. Since you're arguing with someone else. My points:

1) This is easier than the old retreat. Not harder. This is only slightly harder than the old combo of force close/retreat.
    2) This is significantly more tedious. Because I have to make sure my team is fully charged and as healthy as possible at the end of a match I have to carry more healers and more stunners. There is no other option.
    3) The makeup of the enemy teams is going to become even more uniform and more boring as the meta of how to complete GW takes hold. Dooku and Daka will be on nearly every team as well as Luminara.

You have a developer clearly stating the problem was people using retreat to avoid debuffs/dots. Their solution did not address that as now people restart when the debufs are too good but instead of just falling back and replacing characters with other characters (which is why you needed a deep bench) you now just resort the order of characters and run again.

How is that more fun OR more challenging?
  • I have no problem with the change IF they would have changed the skill reset or heal my team to full afterwards too.

I start a fight vs an already better opponent with full health and all skills ready vs me having 1/2-3/4 health after 3 fights and no skills ready.

If it stays that way i say goodbye to this game. Dont need another ****
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    (now if you're going to say but I preferred not to force-close, you could also prefer not to retreat as they're essentially the same as of now for all intents and purposes).
    *shakes head*
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    HansOlo wrote: »
    I stopped playing **** because of the new update. Now i realized i wasted another time and money on a game which got a massive change.

How can i beat a lv 58 full team purple with my lv 51 team and other chars between 20-40?!?!

If they change it they should change the matchmaking too and the overall difficulty.

For me i stop spending money for a while. Already spent about 500.

AND NO SKILL RESET AFTER A MATCH!?!??!?

Have you try to defeat that team? in this game power is not everything...try it and you might be surprise...
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Go read reddit, the dev on reddit specifically said retreat wasn't the intent of the development team.

You are wrong Qeltar, I am sorry.

He said the exact opposite. He said that retreat was what they wanted for GW however the debuff/dot removal that people were using retreat for was not what they wanted. Basically 9/10 of retreat was good and 1/10 of what it did was bad so they removed the feature entirely in place of something that they did not have the ability to remove (force close).

Look how this works when you quote people. You quote them!

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/40zdlw/psa_retreating_in_galactic_war_will_now_reset/cyzf7dx
    Now the strategy is more or less gone. No more watching turn meters to figure out the optimal time to swap out a damaged squad member. No more battles for Chewie the pinch-tanker, always willing to soak up a round of damage and then be benched, knowing that you'd heal him up later after Sid had been dealth with. No more love for poor Royal Guard and his magnificently weak Nerf Sword, allowing Lumi and JC to finish cooldowns before the next round. No more... strategy.
    IF that was how people were using Retreat, this would never have been an issue. What was happening is, players would wait until the enemy popped all their skills, retreat, come back in and all buffs/debuffs on the enemy were gone and they couldn't use their skills. The other thing they were doing was retreating when a unit got low, swapping out for all healers, going back in and healing to full health, retreating and then bringing back a full unit.

• d3gauss wrote: »
    IMHO what needs to be done.

Apologise for making such a big change without notice.
    Revert it back to old system and even penalise force close (it's a cheat, you lose a character you shouldn't get a do over)
    Compensate all players for mistake(both the implementation and not telling anyone)
    -15 Vader shards, several training droids should do the trick

It's not cheating. @CG_AaronNemoyten said that turning retreat into force close was CG's way of telling us that they just see it as part of the game, much like the previous implementation of retreat that was also not cheating.

Try reading the thread you're posting in.

Also, catering to the **** that thought it was cheating is why it was made into what we have now, so good job!

They had 2 different ways to retreat, they wanted to cut that down to 1. It would be harder to stop the FC loophole than to change the intended design of retreat. You can tell retreat was intended to work that way because the gw retreat saving current status is different than any other game mode retreat.

So basically they took the easier and cheaper road. Don't pretend for a second that FC was ever more legitimate.

Still **** force close player...come on man..move on..you got what you wished for..now try to complete GW with no complaints....
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    You have a developer clearly stating the problem was people using retreat to avoid debuffs/dots. Their solution did not address that as now people restart when the debufs are too good but instead of just falling back and replacing characters with other characters (which is why you needed a deep bench) you now just resort the order of characters and run again.

I think you are wrong here. You can no longer retreat to avoid debuffs. You have the chance to resist them, but by closing restarting, their is no guarantee that you will avoid/resist more. The old way was a 100% guarantee to remove buffs AND put them on a timer till they can cast again. That was not the intent of the developers.

Now, you HAVE to take the debuffs/dots, and deal with them. It requires much much much more strategy than the retreat method. You have to plan your heals better; you might even have to come with a cleanser (ackbar i believe).

You now have to finish a battle, 5 on 5, using the best mix of strategy and restarting, that you can come up with. More often than not you will walk out of a GW battle more scarred/damaged now than the old method, especially if you have a weaker team. It should be this way...

• Artas
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    xJazzx wrote: »
    only one strategy remains now...to restart save game as many times as necessary so the fight goes well.

Now everyone knows that you got a really poor squad. Gear up, star up and level up like the rest who can clear GW.

You missed a point here. I cleared GW before this "splendid" update. I used much more tactics and strategy manipulating chars than now when I need just the right RNG results with one team. I finally completed GW today but it took much more time due to restarting the games and was quite boring. By the way, my team is quite OK at the moment... all are in a purple gear and 5-6*. Arena top 100.
  • Keyzer_Soze
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Agreed. Challenge is good. The harder the better.

That being said, the majority of the complaining is coming from players who rushed up in level by purchasing extra energy and claiming daily activities. Those players now find themselves with only a few good characters and GW is exceedingly difficult for them.

I posted awhile back on Reddit about whether it was prudent to level as fast as possible, and the responses were "why not, it can't hurt you." Now that's changed. Leveling can hurt, if it means you can't complete GW every single day. The shards you get are indispensable to building a well rounded squad.

So for now, I'm leaving those daily activities unclaimed and I'll level up at a slower pace, hopefully ensuring that I never fail to complete a GW.
  • IMHO what needs to be done.

Apologise for making such a big change without notice.
    Revert it back to old system and even penalise force close (it's a cheat, you lose a character you shouldn't get a do over)
    Compensate all players for mistake(both the implementation and not telling anyone)
    -15 Vader shards, several training droids should do the trick

You asked something impossible, these 5 are possible though:
    - Give 50 purple ability mats
    - 100x 10* training droids
    - Vader shards until people can get him to 6*
    - Free 2 fully characters randomly
    - $1 Lando and friends starter pack

That will do for many players including newbie like you.
  • it would be nice if the cooldowns reset between matches, I think that would be fair

but GW just keeps getting harder, sure people like a challenge, and by the time you raise your team enough to beat GW even one time, they get way harder again! its not fun spending 2 hours trying to get through GW, challenges are fun when they can be accomplished but GW just keeps getting harder every day so thats not really fun at all anymore
  • Hey I built a whole comp around being able to move people in and out... Plus I am only level 46... The game is no fun this way. At least give choices of who you face like in arena...

They lost me on this one... I'm gone from this game...

If you want to stay and wait for them to make a drastic change that goes directly against your strategy.... Go for it.... Not for me... There are too many GOOD games from good companies out there to mess with EA anymore....

But hey it's an individual decision... Some people like being bullied and abused.... Not me.

I'm all for getting rid of the force close and removing of buffs... But my read on the game was that you were supposed to be allowed to trade in and out. I designed my team that way.... I have lots of fairly strong characters but did not maximize 5 or 6.... Now I'm out of it.... Don't work...

It's not just the upgrade, this game has more glitches than any I have ever played. I have beta-tested games that work better.

Missing rewards... Server disconnects, no daily rewards, purchase shards that don't show up... Wow I mean really??? If you have had these things put it a ticket for missing content... Those seem to get noticed... Other support tickets get ignored....

This game took me from loving EA to hating them....

I respect everyone's decision to do what they want... If you like it... By all means stay and play. But don't stay and play because a few arrogant players trying to shame you into doing it... They are probably EA plants anyway... Think about it...

If you like this game enjoy it... Yay for you... If you are as aggravated as me... Move on... They won't learn if there's no consequences to a lazy, not thought out upgrade like this. And, if this one didn't hurt you really bad... It's only a matter of time till one does.. Might as well quit now and save yourself time and money....

• Was fun before and now it's not. Rerolling fights to get the outcone I want is boring and since it's boring I started to play another game.

I am gonna keep checking to see if they make it fun again but right now simming battles for low drop rates, really long cool down periods for buying stuff aren't keeping me interested.

I enjoy arena but I am gonna fall way to far behind p2w players without being able to build my lum and phasma up in GW. Will take months to get my 5 stars up to 7 and that seems really boring.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    xJazzx wrote: »

Now everyone knows that you got a really poor squad. Gear up, star up and level up like the rest who can clear GW.

You missed a point here. I cleared GW before this "splendid" update. I used much more tactics and strategy manipulating chars than now when I need just the right RNG results with one team. I finally completed GW today but it took much more time due to restarting the games and was quite boring.

I think your opinion will be the common opinion among individuals who don't have a strong lineup yet. It's hard going from "beating it every day" to now "having a hard time beating it." Of course, dying is never fun and makes the game boring... but if your team was stronger their would be less of a need to restart.

I am very thankful I don't have to put a team of lvl 10 guys in to take the initial specials... or that I don't just retreat once the taunts are up.

Also, you could kind of really really cheese the old method. If you had a bunch of fast guys and then one slow guy who fell in speed between their fast and next fastest... you could rig it where you start the match, make your 4 guys attack, their one guy gets a turn and it passes back to you, and then you retreat. Rinse and repeat. Basically not allowing the opponent to have more than one attack. You can't do that now. (of course with the way RNG picks who goes, this isn't guaranteed, but the option is there, and even if it only happens once in awhile, it is still a very powerful way to cheese a battle).

• Pathetic.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • I don't really mind the change and I'm on the fence as to whether I think it's good for the game overall. The way I see it, it's basically turned GW into a 5-foot brick wall. Smaller players are going to run into it and not be able to get over but bigger players will just hop over it with ease.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether those little guys should be expecting to get over that wall now or if they should expect to have to wait until they get bigger. There are valid arguments both ways but I have a feeling that the winning argument is that if there's a hard wall that can only be climbed by getting stronger, players are going to feel the desire to spend money to get strong faster.
    (now if you're going to say but I preferred not to force-close, you could also prefer not to retreat as they're essentially the same as of now for all intents and purposes).
    *shakes head*

*nods head*
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    If this is really an official statement, I'm glad that they recognize that swapping was a designed mechanic in game but still disappointed with their quickfix of just removing it and instituting force quit as the only option.

They've turned GW into a long grind. Now you have to repeat each fight until RNG is on your side and you can come out with good health and cooldowns refreshed. Really boring compared to swapping in a jawa to stun a bunch of droids or having your lowbies take on one last character. If I wanted to do arena, i'll play arena but you just turned GW into a loooong arena. GW was a welcome change of pace from serious ranking and "pvp".

I mean, the old restart worked both ways anyway. When i would swap characters, sids debuffs on my opponent would disappear as well. I just accepted that as part of the game.

Please make GW fun again.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    it is predetermined in that every move you make, if following the exact same order, will produce the exact same results.

So, to fix this, either change up who you are attacking or change your team, or change the placement of your team, and you should roll a new set of predetermined results.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    *shakes head*

*nods head*

Do I really have to explain why your response makes no sense?

"if you're going to say but I preferred not to force-close, you could also prefer not to retreat as they're essentially the same as of now for all intents and purposes" -- Yes, but the ACTUAL retreat option is now gone. Get it?
    My only choices are the lame force-close-now-retreat or nothing.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

• I don't mind increased difficulty, but I do mind making GW less fun. As much as preparation prior to a match is important and can be strategic, I found the in-game flexibility (rotating your roster in and out) to be more strategic, fun, challenging and rewarding. There was a lot more thinking involved to manage ability cool downs and injuries.

If that flexibility was abused, then it just needs to be tweaked, not completely removed. Unfortunately, the new retreat means GW has become a series of save-reloads until you get the desired, optimal result. Unlike CG's intent, I didn't get any more sense of achievement either; it is simply more tedious. Besides, if difficulty was the driver behind this puzzling decision, will CG eventually remove retreat once too many players are completing GW for their likings?
    Qeltar wrote: »
    *shakes head*

*nods head*

Do I really have to explain why your response makes no sense?

"if you're going to say but I preferred not to force-close, you could also prefer not to retreat as they're essentially the same as of now for all intents and purposes" -- Yes, but the ACTUAL retreat option is now gone. Get it?
    My only choices are the lame force-close-now-retreat or nothing.

And I don't understand why that is a bad thing. The former retreat option was certainly what they did not intend to do hence they removed that.

You said that 'GW is easier now' I cannot wrap my head around how taking away an option while keeping everything else the same can make it easier but hey maybe that's just me.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Go read reddit, the dev on reddit specifically said retreat wasn't the intent of the development team.

You are wrong Qeltar, I am sorry.

A user on another thread stated that the person on reddit isn't a dev - that CG has stated in the past there are no devs posting on reddit...but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not. I know they tagged @CG_AaronNemoyten for clarification, but as of a couple minutes ago there hadn't been any official word.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    After reading the dev's comment from reddit on the other thread. Ty for posting @Heronmar.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6403/gw-change-answered-by-cg-ea-team#latest
    It should indeed be clear now what their initial intention with GW was. " End-Game " content. NOT a cakewalk.
    You were NOT supposed to able to comeplete 12/12 GW EVERY, SINGLE, DAY and get those 15/15 Lumi shards with little to no effort thanks to the "Old-Retreat-OVERSIGHT". Until your roster becomes more mature and you HAVE those options to replace FALLEN toons. You were supposed to LOSE Characters over the course of the battles.
    As Preemo_Magin and ChaseKillz pointed out correctly in my opinion, the Old-Retreat was more akin to cheating than anything else.
    The only BAD part about it is: People got USED to all that free stuff they got from GW EVERY, SINGLE, DAY. Taking that away now, makes them somewhat upset and i totally understand it and feel sorry for everyone feeling that way. Hopefully people will cut their losses, drop that negative attitude and try to enjoy this part of the game. More or less the way it was meant to be.
    Post edited by Darivon on
  • I am no whale, but over $1,500 in a few weeks I'm not a lite spender either. I'd say I averaged about $350 per week spent.

In my part of the universe, you are indeed a whale since you have spent way more than 90% of their customers and I'm not putting you down for it. In fact, I feel bad for you because you are not getting the ROI you should. Yes, they've given you characters that are Chromium only for your budget but they should have just given you an IAP setup that merely allowed you to get ahead time-wise rather than to farm exclusive toons. This would have made the playing field more competitive and today, you'd have more challenges where thought and strategy would trump money in when battling others, yet you'd still have the advantage of quick farming with money....