Dropping like flies

Replies

• mods are the end of the road for me, im done with this joke of a game
  • CapnnRex
    184 posts Member
    They had to have know people would be dropping like flies. The mods are obviously for the p2p people. What they do not seem to get is that soon that's all there will be left and they will all just be fighting each other. I have no plans to do mods and I totally am planning on being done with this game in a week if they do not do anything about it (which I am sure they will not do).
  • andrea
    23 posts Member
    I'm a very disappointed dolphin, I'm also out if they don't revert this update.
  • if any of your guilds are loosing to many to compete come join us

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/51115/heroic-t7-raid-gulf-looking-for-new-members#latest

alwasy looking to expand.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Mexit is happening.
  • Four people have left my guild so far.

This is a very frustrating situation for people who don't spend a ton of money on the game. They should have made the mods something you get gradually, like omega material. Not something you can splurge on in an hour and have your team maxed. I can't blame anyone who quits.
  • Create protection to add length to game lifetime. Then make over powering mods so rey can go back to one hitting everything. Pure genius.

Mods are great but now they've made star level, gear and level almost redundant.
  • Pierce
    38 posts Member
    For mobile games like this, I always put in a few bucks a month after an initial 100 bucks or so at launch to get me started. For games like Mortal Kombat Mobile and Injustice Gods Among us, it helped me get a good core team and complete challenges. I would drop 20 to 50 bucks afterwards when a new update came out. I started out the same with this game before I quickly realized that it takes a WHOLE LOT MORE than an initial investment of a 100 bucks or more to compete. Because of this, I stopped spending money. I have since seen them take away ways to earn credits. We used to be able to sell worthless gear for extra credits, that is gone. The crystal to credit ratio on the market is absurd. They took away the daily event to earn credits in the credit challenge for 20 energy and replaced it with credit heist, which I don't have the characters to compete with. They made GW next to impossible to complete. I have finished 2 GW's since they changed it and it is getting harder and harder to progress. All avenues for making credits have dried up. As a result, I feel less and less inclined to spend any money in the game to give me the "boost" that spending money in other games gives players. Now with the mod update, I can do NOTHING. GW is a joke, arena is impossible, and cantina energy regens so slowly and costs WAY too many crystals to refresh. Forget it EA. I stopped playing SWTOR, I HATED Battlefront, and now you have ruined this mobile game for me. I really wish Lucasfilm would give their video game license to a different game developer. EA is garbage.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    We lost several with a few more thinking strongly about it. Even lost our officers. I'm done playing as well, my kids are having fun since they could care less about this stuff. I leave it installed for them.
  • I'm somewhere between F2P and P2P but I'm out, I've never seen such a bad update / expansion to any game I've ever played. This is horrible. A few of my guild have quit and I'm likely going to quit too.
  • LordAlvert wrote: »
    Shark jumped.

Fridge nuked(not really I am excited for all of these possibilities)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I've decided if they don't make a drastic announcement by tomorrow, I'm going to change my player name to "s.c.r.e.w. you mods," put in my 1* CUP alone as my Arena team, and delete the app from my iPad
  • OzwaldEMandius
    1032 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    One but he was nuts anyways.

The rest are actually being rational.

Edit: spell phail
  • It is not mods that are the problem, it is the sudden exposure to them in large amounts by high lvl players. For newer players the process will be far more gradual and not such a shock. Endgamers, because they are high lvl and have lots of toons, have almost instant access to every available mod, meaning massive increases in stats.
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Susbirder wrote: »
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    Shark jumped.

Yep. I'm F2P, with maybe an occasional crystal purchase when I'm totally bored. But now I'm standing on the ledge, with one foot in mid air. This nonsense is about to send me the rest of the way off.

Then u r not F2P.... I'm not F2P, but think I'm done after next week if they don't fix it asap
  • Yes, we are in the same case, a lot of hours and months throwed to trash :(
  • Trying to hold my guild together. We are also losing members
  • Rough day for our guild aswell -- Most quitters seems to be people who have invested quite abit & now find their investment worthless (unless they are willing to shelf out vast amounts again).
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    we lost like 4-5 people already. I, and a lot of others, are on the fence.

I am curious to see how long it takes to become relevant as a f2p. Right now, though? f2p doesn't have a prayer with already 5* mods running around. For the first time in months, I can't complete gw. Node 11/12 fully modded 100k+ hp 5s, rg, anakins who hit for 10k+ per attack? I literally got wiped off the map.
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »

I am curious to see how long it takes to become relevant as a f2p. Right now, though? f2p doesn't have a prayer with already 5* mods running around. For the first time in months, I can't complete gw. Node 11/12 fully modded 100k+ hp 5s, rg, anakins who hit for 10k+ per attack? I literally got wiped off the map.

Mop Man gone too. All hail WG!
  • I hope the 5 guys in the arena above me all quit in rage.
  • I have put in hundreds over the past eight months, the grind was at times painful but it was real and it was something you aimed for. I'd spend time calculating where to best invest my energy to maximise my returns, I'd pray to the RNG gods for that extra drop when I needed it most and once in a while it did. I have toiled so much to achieve a reasonable standard in this game but to be slapped in the face like this by pretty much allowing someone to surpass me within 10 minutes after a few purchases is beyond disheartening. This should have been thoroughly tested before it was released....Eight months of grind down the swannee
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • bologne
    141 posts Member
    Worst 100 bucks spent. Feel bad for those who have spent more
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Lost 5 all p2p I think it's not even that characters are worthless now that we're good as the fact that CHARACTERS are worthless now, it's all mods you can play a 3 star gear 4 Ugnaught and expect to win vs an unmodded team... It's the simple fact that it dosent matter who you have anymore, only what they're wearing.
  • Waaaaaaah! I'm sad about stuff!! Waaaaah!

People have no patience...at all! It's been like less than 24 hours. Let it flesh out some. I come here everyday seeing the same complaints. Let's use the omnipresent Rey gripes. Now with mods she is even more dangerous. Potentially. But! You know what? You can create a toon, BASICALLY ANY toon you want...(hasn't that been a constant complaint as well...useless toons?) ...to smack her down with. You can build that team of your dreams...almost. Sorry it ugnaught...you still blow. But you can do so with more health, protection or any other stat.

You know who I'm building to be an engine of terror and destruction? Darth Maul. Omg...he's the beast he always should have been. And he doesn't die in a strong breeze. Still a bit soft...but he's an attacker and they should be softer than other roles.

The possibilities of squad builds are enormous. Don't sell it short without putting the work in.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    wisenuts wrote: »

@wisenuts
    for real? Ugh. I think its just like... us 5 now. Hope someone grabs the reigns before they quit so we can still do t7 launches. Unless raid leader left. Sad panda.
  • Speaking of dropping like flies, one of the devs at CG has decided to move on. Post is in off-topic.

Grab your popcorn
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    wisenuts wrote: »

@wisenuts
    for real? Ugh. I think its just like... us 5 now. Hope someone grabs the reigns before they quit so we can still do t7 launches. Unless raid leader left. Sad panda.

@Toukai the banned @Widget_gaget is at the helm now.