CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren and First Order Officer

Replies

• Kyo, captain, poggle, and first order tie pilot instead of officer are just insane together. Add Princess Leia which gives everyone double crit chance and attacks multiple times and you have a massacre at hand
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    A
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Turn Meter control is one potential strategy in gaining the edge for Squad Arena, whether it’s increasing the meters of your own allies with Marching Orders or slowing a powerful enemy down with Pinning Shot.

As pointed out in the beginning of the thread from EA_Jesse, it's a better deal to focus on synergies. Most of the synergies follow a strategic concept e.g. speed, AOE, Heal. In the beginning most players start with an 'Allround Combo' that you get at start. But later, if you advance in the game, this combo concept should be exchanged by more focus ones.

Most of the posts are recommending a mixture of synergies, instead of focussing on one, e.g. DPS mixed with Heal or Speed mixed with Heal. Instead of these 'Something Of Everything' a straight concept benefits synergies much better. :wink:

But speed is the key for PVP and turnmeter manipulation is the key for speed. Nothing else matters !! A good team will manipulate the turns to such a high degree that sometimes, the enemy team never takes an action. No matter how much healers or AOE poggles it might have... :smiley:
  • Kyo, captain, poggle, and first order tie pilot instead of officer are just insane together. Add Princess Leia which gives everyone double crit chance and attacks multiple times and you have a massacre at hand

crit up is 25% increased crit chance according to the tooltip when you hold over the 2x in the game
  • When looking at the first order synergy I see a couple of problems.
    *The first order needs a tank and the storm trooper is perfect but his special attack gives him advantage and defense up. This is the most pointless special because why would I use this special at all if I'm on a speed oriented team and more than likely the trooper already has advantage from phasma or officer. I think EA should copy storm trooper hans taunt and grant him first order synergies.

*Also I'd like to see units speed carryover for example if my team is already at 90% turn and phasma grants 40% it should be at 130% giving the player 30% towards next turn. Likewise with the officer giving a player 80% turn meter when already at 90% seems like a pointless special ability unless you can stack the meter for next turn.

*Kyle Ren where are your senergies?
  • Same boat need advice seems good but he needs to get 7* asap and gear 6-7?. Im running phasma as lead could use first order officer so i can manipulate turns in arena very useful!.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    He's good...
  • J7000 wrote: »
    He's good...

Great explanation very detailed lol.
    He's good...

I have him at 4* and he rocks. 5k a hit if your team has advantage. He's special does 3k and takes away turn meter. He also has good speed. And since I now run kylo Ren, and Phasma as lead he gives them damage up.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    I have him at 5* VII gear he's squishy but when his multi strike lands he wil kill a toon on his own, I left him in my squad for arena and I lost 100 places, for offence he's amazing but defence he sucks badly. Also I've noticed with phasma leader skill when pilot gets bonus hit he does absolutely nothing but it says bonus and doesn't strike, Iam not sure if this is a known bug or just me.
  • The first order team looks absolutely beastly. But they seem like (other than Phasma maybe) they'd be quite difficult to level.
  • IMO, only Phasma, Ren and FOO are worth your time. FOST it's good, but not that good. And FOTP it's hard as hell to farm.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    He's good...

Anytime!!
    He's good...

J7000 wrote: »
    He's good...

I have him at 4* and he rocks. 5k a hit if your team has advantage. He's special does 3k and takes away turn meter. He also has good speed. And since I now run kylo Ren, and Phasma as lead he gives them damage up.

Looks like im going to get him then cheers.
  • DonnieDrako
    221 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I tried a first order team, I had a similar experience where I lost 100 ranks so I opted to explore other options. I opted out of FOO and went for Poe. Turn meter manipulation seems to be working well for me.

FOO was good on paper, good synergy but the AI will not preserve your rank, maybe gain ranks with it and switch to a different team to hold your rank
  • Kylo seems to be the far more popular choice, and I can see him being useful in GW, but I'm leaning towards finn.
  • Depends on the team you're running/want to build
  • Is it worth it to use Fusillade vs a team with Dooku or other counter-attackers?
  • IHaarlem wrote: »
    Is it worth it to use Fusillade vs a team with Dooku or other counter-attackers?

I would say no, unless the fusillade will knock someone out. Slow down doesn't have enough of an impact and dooku hits harder on counters and more often it's twice. Ignore dooku until you can use FOO or FOTP to take him out in one big hit.
  • I'm I wrong to expect Kylo to counter a counter? ( ex : using lash out and then get countered by Dooku) One could argue that even though he's given the buff it only applies for the CPUs next turn however normally when a buff is applied its effect take place at that moment ( Except when it's a damage over time etc.) What made me ask this is that I was facing Aayla and she attacked Dooku and then she countered the counter and at one point even countred a bouns attack after the counter.
  • In short why can't Kylo counter a counter after gaining retribution.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    I have not seen a counter on a counter yet. I didn't think it was possible. I have not seen Aalya that much. Have seen and used Dooku at Dooku. If they were to counter a counter they would keep going till one died.
  • @scuba to be more specific it was AI Aayla on the first Node on Catina that contains Kylo ren shards, and I do think it's possible but mathematical speaking the probability of a chain attack after a counter decrease drastically after a bouns hit.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    I am not saying it didn'T happen with Aayla and witht the bugs in the game i can belive that is could. I don'T think it was ever intended to have a counter attack counter a counter attack. Most Dooku's out there have counter ability at 100%. I know for a fact mine is. When I use him to attack AI Dooku or Kylo with retribution and they counter attack him he never hits back. If 2 characters with 100% counter attack countered a counter it absolutely would go till one died which is why I don't think it is meant to do that.
  • scuba wrote: »
    I am not saying it didn'T happen with Aayla and witht the bugs in the game i can belive that is could. I don'T think it was ever intended to have a counter attack counter a counter attack. Most Dooku's out there have counter ability at 100%. I know for a fact mine is. When I use him to attack AI Dooku or Kylo with retribution and they counter attack him he never hits back. If 2 characters with 100% counter attack countered a counter it absolutely would go till one died which is why I don't think it is meant to do that.

I agree. That will be so funny though. Lol
  • alkaiser93 wrote: »
    IMO, only Phasma, Ren and FOO are worth your time. FOST it's good, but not that good. And FOTP it's hard as hell to farm.

I agree with this every word. Until you can get FOTP more stars it's better to have an extra healer in there. Also phasma, FOO, and Ren are a great combo. With that said FOTP is my favorite character.
  • Is he even a a good character to have ? Cause every time i've used Kylo ren he seems relatively useless
  • I have him in my arena team. He is great, but has no leader skill. Don't use him as ally or leader. He also needs to be on his higher gear sets to really shine. He is tangly for an attacker, has an AOE that allows him to counter, his first skill can apply dots and heal immunity, and his third skill does big damage when he is under half health. He also has a unique that that resets cool downs on hits against. I I'm ranked 1 in arena regularly and see him on a lot of opponent teams. I would recommend him.
  • I'm underwhelmed with him. I have him max gear for level 61 and 6*, he seems very squishy even though he has decent health. The only good thing about him is his main strike heal debuff and the fact his counter can apply it.
  • I have him at 7* lvl 62 with max gear and I really like him. His outrage skill can 1 hit kill some enemies when he is below 50% health and the fact that it can be reset if he takes damage is amazing. It has actually won me games when he is my last character left against 2 enemies with full or close to full health.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Im 97/100 from 7* (yea i know smh, 3 stinkin shards away haha) and max gear of course.
    I think hes quite versitile. Love him.
    Is he a game changer? No
    In any way OP? No
    Is he solid? Decently
    Is he fun? Yes
    Can he be clutch? For sure